Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread 21:19 - Aug 6 with 41848 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 12:54]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 19:39 - Aug 8 with 4295 viewssainthelens

Got a feeling this season's championship gonna be most competitive for long time. Plenty of sides already look like they mean business. Momentum is everything in this league . Can see Potter going for it Saturday...I Fancy we'll overun them....3-0.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 22:13 - Aug 8 with 4179 viewshobo

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 14:42 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

Preston at home tougher than Sheff Utd away? How'd you work that one out?

Preston are a better team than Sheff U. Finished just outside the playoffs last season
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 22:47 - Aug 8 with 4146 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 22:13 - Aug 8 by hobo

Preston are a better team than Sheff U. Finished just outside the playoffs last season

Sheffield United finished 4 points behind them. Bramall Lane was a fortress.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 22:49 - Aug 8 with 4141 viewsElmo

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 23:49 - Aug 6 by jasper_T

Wasn't impressed with Asoro at all but he'll probably start again, saving Jeff for his half hour of power at the end.

Think Fulton's more likely to start at 10 than be dropped entirely. Give Potter more flexibility with Celina's role.

Fulton is no 10. Celina did a Leon in the CDM space

Celina has to be our fulcrum and heartbeat; we need a 10 in the 10
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 23:12 - Aug 8 with 4122 viewsSwansea93

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 22:49 - Aug 8 by Elmo

Fulton is no 10. Celina did a Leon in the CDM space

Celina has to be our fulcrum and heartbeat; we need a 10 in the 10

I'd start Dhanda over Fulton.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 07:31 - Aug 9 with 4014 viewsbuilthjack

How many tickets left?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 11:57 - Aug 9 with 3917 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 07:31 - Aug 9 by builthjack

How many tickets left?

Hard to say at the moment Builth. Preston were initially allocated 1,037 tickets and they have sold the upper tier (roughly) 700 and have now started selling tickets for the back rows of the North Lower, block NL3.

So I would say that Preston will bring about 700. There are currently 300 available in the North Lower and 1,000 empty seats in second away section and there are approximately about 500 seats available in the home sections sporadically spread around the ground.

So at the moment roughly just under 19,000 sold.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 15:14 - Aug 9 with 3791 viewsBadlands

Nordfeldt

Roberts …. Rodon …. VdH …. Olsson

Routledge …Celina …Maric ……Carroll

McKay ..
……………McBurnie

Mulder, James, Narsignh, Montero, Gimes, Dhamda, Dyer

If we'd put that group out in last season's League Cup I think most of us would expect them to win.
Different for PNE who will be really up for this given our late transfer situation and should see it as 3 points.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 16:00 - Aug 9 with 3746 viewsvetchonian

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 16:01 - Aug 8 by Captain_Sham

can all Senior league centre backs bring their boots on Saturday first two to turn up get to play!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 16:21 - Aug 9 with 3720 viewsjacabertawe

We should never have let Angel go.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 16:30 - Aug 9 with 3709 viewsEU5Makaveli

Tough game 1-1. Assuming we aren't stupid enough to let Amat go before Saturday..

Nordfelt
C.Rob VDH Amat Naughton (Ollson injured?)
Carroll Fulton
Asoro Celina Mckay
Oli

Montero to be brought on 65' and hopefully cause problems again
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 16:35 - Aug 9 with 3695 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 16:30 - Aug 9 by EU5Makaveli

Tough game 1-1. Assuming we aren't stupid enough to let Amat go before Saturday..

Nordfelt
C.Rob VDH Amat Naughton (Ollson injured?)
Carroll Fulton
Asoro Celina Mckay
Oli

Montero to be brought on 65' and hopefully cause problems again

Olsson's fine.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 18:42 - Aug 9 with 3575 viewsHeadmaster

I will go with:

McBurnie
McKay, Dhanda, Asoro
Carroll, Celina
Olsson, Van der Hoorn, Rodon, Roberts
Nordfeldt
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 19:24 - Aug 9 with 3514 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 18:42 - Aug 9 by Headmaster

I will go with:

McBurnie
McKay, Dhanda, Asoro
Carroll, Celina
Olsson, Van der Hoorn, Rodon, Roberts
Nordfeldt

I'd start VDH alone at CB just to send a message.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 19:30 - Aug 9 with 3504 viewsploppy

Any news on Asoro's injury?
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 19:37 - Aug 9 with 3495 viewsjacabertawe

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 19:30 - Aug 9 by ploppy

Any news on Asoro's injury?

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/double-injury-boost-swans

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 22:44 - Aug 9 with 3236 viewsjasper_T

Put a tenner on Big Joe to score.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 01:21 - Aug 10 with 3130 viewshobo

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 14:42 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

Preston at home tougher than Sheff Utd away? How'd you work that one out?

Out of interest, do you still think this match will be easier than Sheff Utd away?
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 05:08 - Aug 10 with 3062 viewsHip

I was really hoping we'd strengthen on deadline day, but you've got to work with what you've got. Here's how I think we line-up on Saturday.

Starters:

McBurnie
McKay Celina Narsingh
Carroll Fulton
Olsson VDH Rodon Roberts
Nordfeldt

Bench:
Asoro, Montero, Dhanda, Grimes, Naughton, Harries, Mulder
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 08:00 - Aug 10 with 2993 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 05:08 - Aug 10 by Hip

I was really hoping we'd strengthen on deadline day, but you've got to work with what you've got. Here's how I think we line-up on Saturday.

Starters:

McBurnie
McKay Celina Narsingh
Carroll Fulton
Olsson VDH Rodon Roberts
Nordfeldt

Bench:
Asoro, Montero, Dhanda, Grimes, Naughton, Harries, Mulder

1 striker
1 CB
And light in midfield

Well done Jenkins now fukc off out of the club and take the rest of the parasites with you.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 09:06 - Aug 10 with 2961 viewsomarjack

Look..We're going to lose on Saturday..

The question is..will we be able to get some decent loan deals available for the next matchday and convince Potter to stay?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 09:11 - Aug 10 with 2942 viewsChief

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 09:06 - Aug 10 by omarjack

Look..We're going to lose on Saturday..

The question is..will we be able to get some decent loan deals available for the next matchday and convince Potter to stay?

I don't see why anyone has any faith in us getting in any decent loans.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 09:18 - Aug 10 with 2927 viewsomarjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 09:11 - Aug 10 by Chief

I don't see why anyone has any faith in us getting in any decent loans.

True..I don't..

We're finished as a professional club..Even Salford will be a bigger club in few years..trust me.

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 09:41 - Aug 10 with 2902 viewsnantywatcher

I do seriously wonder if Fulton could play alongside VDH. Strong, good in the air, seems to read the game well. Why not? He's still here isn't he??
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 09:47 - Aug 10 with 2893 viewsomarjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 09:41 - Aug 10 by nantywatcher

I do seriously wonder if Fulton could play alongside VDH. Strong, good in the air, seems to read the game well. Why not? He's still here isn't he??

Strong and goon in the air?

FFS..we're desperate..but not that much.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024