Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread 21:19 - Aug 6 with 41444 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 12:54]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 09:52 - Aug 10 with 3892 viewsnantywatcher

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 09:47 - Aug 10 by omarjack

Strong and goon in the air?

FFS..we're desperate..but not that much.

Are you actually saying he's not strong and good in the air?? I played as central defender for 20 years and I think he could make a decent short term solution.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 10:24 - Aug 10 with 3807 viewsPNE_in_peace

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 09:52 - Aug 10 by nantywatcher

Are you actually saying he's not strong and good in the air?? I played as central defender for 20 years and I think he could make a decent short term solution.

Greeting from a PNE fan.

Firstly, welcome back to the Championship. It's a fun division. I just wanted to give you a bit of PNE perspective on this game.

PNE are a decent Championship side - we've got limited budget and as such can't afford star players, but have a good manager and know what we're doing at this level.

Finishing 7th last season meant we just missed out on the play-offs and we're optimistic of doing better this season.

Very solid at the back and in midfield, our main weakness has been in the goal scoring department, especially when Maguire is out injured. Having picked up a couple of Man City youngsters on loan we're hoping they can add goals.

PNE expect a tough game, and relish in the #teamslikePreston which became a thing last season when some of the "bigger" teams couldn't understand why we kept taking points off them.

In terms of individual players by value, Swansea should have more than us, but PNE are very streetwise at this level and Swansea will need to adapt quickly to life in the championship.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 10:28 - Aug 10 with 3793 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 10:24 - Aug 10 by PNE_in_peace

Greeting from a PNE fan.

Firstly, welcome back to the Championship. It's a fun division. I just wanted to give you a bit of PNE perspective on this game.

PNE are a decent Championship side - we've got limited budget and as such can't afford star players, but have a good manager and know what we're doing at this level.

Finishing 7th last season meant we just missed out on the play-offs and we're optimistic of doing better this season.

Very solid at the back and in midfield, our main weakness has been in the goal scoring department, especially when Maguire is out injured. Having picked up a couple of Man City youngsters on loan we're hoping they can add goals.

PNE expect a tough game, and relish in the #teamslikePreston which became a thing last season when some of the "bigger" teams couldn't understand why we kept taking points off them.

In terms of individual players by value, Swansea should have more than us, but PNE are very streetwise at this level and Swansea will need to adapt quickly to life in the championship.

Can't fault you mate, would like to see the likes of yourselves and Brentford upset the odds like we did a few years back, as long as it isn't instead of us doing it again.

Went to Preston a few years back on a p*ss up tour, is Brown's still open with the rotating dance floor? F*ck me that place was rough.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 10:29]
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 10:33 - Aug 10 with 3776 viewsPNE_in_peace

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 10:28 - Aug 10 by 34dfgdf54

Can't fault you mate, would like to see the likes of yourselves and Brentford upset the odds like we did a few years back, as long as it isn't instead of us doing it again.

Went to Preston a few years back on a p*ss up tour, is Brown's still open with the rotating dance floor? F*ck me that place was rough.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 10:29]

Thanks for the friendly response.

I also like what Brentford are doing.

Brown's has fortunately been closed for a while.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 12:01 - Aug 10 with 3595 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 10:33 - Aug 10 by PNE_in_peace

Thanks for the friendly response.

I also like what Brentford are doing.

Brown's has fortunately been closed for a while.

Tokyo Joe's?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 12:04 - Aug 10 with 3600 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 01:21 - Aug 10 by hobo

Out of interest, do you still think this match will be easier than Sheff Utd away?

I think we're a worse team without Fede, certainly.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 12:14 - Aug 10 with 3586 viewsAlfieMooresSon

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 16:01 - Aug 8 by Captain_Sham

They are a team of cloggers, quite aggressive, expect a few bookings and a possible injury, I would say a tight two-one win, but to be honest, this is the Championship and anything could happen it's the hardest League to predict !!!
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 12:48 - Aug 10 with 3497 viewsPNE_in_peace

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 12:14 - Aug 10 by AlfieMooresSon

They are a team of cloggers, quite aggressive, expect a few bookings and a possible injury, I would say a tight two-one win, but to be honest, this is the Championship and anything could happen it's the hardest League to predict !!!

I wouldn't class PNE as cloggers, but we did have a very poor disciplinary record last season!
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 13:57 - Aug 10 with 3366 viewsomarjack

If we concede this will turn very, very toxic..

Just like few months back at West Ham when the fans went bonkers during their Burnley match which they lost 0-3.

I'm expecting a horrid event..truly..We'll be on news for days and days for the whole world to make fun of us..Shambles FC.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 13:58]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 14:17 - Aug 10 with 3354 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 12:04 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

I think we're a worse team without Fede, certainly.

We are one (key) player down from last weeks starting line up. We are also home, but not really sure that's an advantage at this moment in time given the current "climate". I just hope t doesn't turn nasty cos that is a young team.

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 16:02 - Aug 10 with 3177 viewsawayjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 10:24 - Aug 10 by PNE_in_peace

Greeting from a PNE fan.

Your team looks decent and well organised. Maybe Nmecha can give you that extra finishing quality but not tomorrow. Long time ago but 3-1 win to gain promotion in 81/2 is still one of my favourite away trips. It'll be a tight game tomorrow.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 17:28 - Aug 10 with 3044 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 16:02 - Aug 10 by awayjack

Your team looks decent and well organised. Maybe Nmecha can give you that extra finishing quality but not tomorrow. Long time ago but 3-1 win to gain promotion in 81/2 is still one of my favourite away trips. It'll be a tight game tomorrow.

Isn't Nmecha one of the players we were after?
It would be ironic if he scored against us.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 17:50 - Aug 10 with 3010 viewsawayjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 17:28 - Aug 10 by A_Fans_Dad

Isn't Nmecha one of the players we were after?
It would be ironic if he scored against us.

Yup. He personally tweeted he was joining us. No doubt no money for his wages / loan fee. He's nailed on to score!
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 17:50 - Aug 10 with 3007 viewspencoedjack

Greeting from a PNE fan.

Nice post fella

‘In terms of individuals players by value you should beat us’ anything of any value has been sold.

‘Your main weakness in attack’ should have a decent chance tomorrow we’ve got 1 centre half the rest have been flogged off to keep our ‘US investors’ happy.

You score 1st you will win ( I know we turned around a 1 nil deficit last week)

Enjoy your trip to Wales if you stay in the championship I’d expect it will be for a trip to them up the road.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 18:17 - Aug 10 with 2951 viewsdcd14

Tomorrow’s team from what I’ve been told.

Nordfeldt
Roberts Naughton VDH Olsson Grimes
Carroll Fulton
Celina
McKay McBurnie

So a back 3 of Naughton VDH Olsson. Interesting.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 18:19 - Aug 10 with 2949 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 18:17 - Aug 10 by dcd14

Nordfeldt
Carroll Fulton
Celina
McKay McBurnie

Potter out.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 18:39 - Aug 10 with 2929 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 18:17 - Aug 10 by dcd14

Nordfeldt
Carroll Fulton
Celina
McKay McBurnie

..........FB ................ CB ............... RB

Attacking wing back.. DM .. DM ......Attacking wing back

..............................AM

Right wing

........................................CF

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 21:11 - Aug 10 with 2806 viewsJohnw102

I'm going to the game going to have a couple of pints enjoy the match, whatever happens. Feeling blessed that I am out the house where all the talk is about youngest daughter's wedding next month, thankfully on the International break Saturday and son moving into his first house with his girl friend and all the little jobs that need doing, that Dad can sort out. People expect me to be stressed about our transfer window11 COYS. Think family will believe me if i get home late saying there was extra time?

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 21:29 - Aug 10 with 2783 viewsOldjack

If we win tomorrow and put on a show ,all this crap of theses last few days will soon be forgotten ,should we lose and keep on losing ending up on the road to relegation yet again, we now have enough ammo to crucify treacherous Huw and the yanks ,but who will nail them up there ? the Trust?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 22:54 - Aug 10 with 2677 viewsSgorioFruit

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 13:57 - Aug 10 by omarjack

If we concede this will turn very, very toxic..

Just like few months back at West Ham when the fans went bonkers during their Burnley match which they lost 0-3.

I'm expecting a horrid event..truly..We'll be on news for days and days for the whole world to make fun of us..Shambles FC.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 13:58]

by things turning horrid I take it you mean a few boos ringing out from the crowd and apart from a few 'get out of our club chants' 90% of the crowd will remain quiet and rooted to their seats and then get up at the final whistle and go home moaning?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 06:34 - Aug 11 with 2513 viewsmajorraglan

Unfortunately I think this will go Preston’s way, I think Thursdays dealings will have taken some of the confidence out of the squad. Hope I am wrong and the players on the field step up and give a good account of themselves.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 07:50 - Aug 11 with 2476 viewsinspector

Nordfeldt
Carroll Fulton
Celina
McKay McBurnie

i’d be disappointed if that was the team and rodon wasn’t given a chance. perfect opportunity to drop him in, i’d be p’ssed off if i was him and not starting.

3/5 at the back makes me shudder after being scarred by carvalhal last season; if we do play it, we’ve got to play high tempo stuff and not let pne settle.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 09:21 - Aug 11 with 2374 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 12:14 - Aug 10 by AlfieMooresSon

" quite aggressive, expect a few bookings and a possible injury"
This could be a major problem for us.
If they take the Leeds approach of a few years back and Target our players for a clattering it could not just affect this game.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 09:51 - Aug 11 with 2326 viewsairedale

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 09:47 - Aug 10 by omarjack

Strong and goon in the air?

FFS..we're desperate..but not that much.

I had a vision then of Harry Secombe rising like a salmon in the area to nut home a cross from Andy Legge. Harry still wearing his glasses and the cross thrown in from the touch line.

Cool.
The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 09:56 - Aug 11 with 2315 viewsOhRobbieRobbie

The Official Swansea City Vs Preston North End Match Thread on 00:39 - Aug 7 by DJack

The ref, James Linnington...he is a man who I will never forgive, a grade A bellwhiff.

The worst ref I have ever witnessed in 35 years of watching the Swans. Could be fun!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024