Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Meeting 08:38 - Aug 7 with 3883 viewsUplandsJack

So how did the first trust meeting go since the recent election, last night wasn't it?

Who's been allocated with what responsibility?

Who's been voted as new trust chair?

Have anyone learnt exactly what Stuart McD actually does?

Look forward to hearing all from our promised, much more transparent, group of representatives 👍🏻
Trust Meeting on 08:49 - Aug 7 with 3855 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Just hope the 14,000 season ticket holders who are not trust members will join the trust and support the trust in future.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Trust Meeting on 10:19 - Aug 7 with 3745 viewsPhil_S

It was a long meeting - I'd forgotten how long these meetings can be

I'm not going to completely dodge the question but there is one process that wasn't completed last night due to an absence from the board meeting that I want to get closed off first so we can give a full picture.

All new board members (whether new/new or returning) were in attendance and there is no doubt that the members have made some good choices based on people I met for the very first time (thinking specifically here in Tim and Rupert neither of whom I had met before the election)

Clearly the big thing on the table at the moment is mediation and how that is progressing. AN update on that will be following very shortly - delayed purely because the guy who is working on our behalf is on holiday so we need him back for the final update (this is the mediator not a member of the Trust board)

If I can ask maybe for just 24/48 hours to get the final piece of process completed and will ensure a full update is provided as soon as that is done via our website and then communicated via all channels of media that are open to us.
Trust Meeting on 10:20 - Aug 7 with 3740 viewsPhil_S

Trust Meeting on 08:49 - Aug 7 by felixstowe_jack

Just hope the 14,000 season ticket holders who are not trust members will join the trust and support the trust in future.

One of the things that I did talk about last night to the board was that we have to find a way of getting more members on board and utilising all the skills available to us to do so. Not an easy task but one that I am committed to make happen.

All last year's members I am told will get a membership newsletter this weekend - I haven't seen copy of this as it was in production under the old board but the membership form is with it as well.

I'm about to leave my desk for a couple of hours meetings now but will pick some stuff up when I am back - likely to be after 1
Trust Meeting on 10:44 - Aug 7 with 3704 viewsUplandsJack

Trust Meeting on 10:20 - Aug 7 by Phil_S

One of the things that I did talk about last night to the board was that we have to find a way of getting more members on board and utilising all the skills available to us to do so. Not an easy task but one that I am committed to make happen.

All last year's members I am told will get a membership newsletter this weekend - I haven't seen copy of this as it was in production under the old board but the membership form is with it as well.

I'm about to leave my desk for a couple of hours meetings now but will pick some stuff up when I am back - likely to be after 1

Thanks for taking the time to reply Phil. I as everyone else I imagine look forward to hearing more over the next few days.
Trust Meeting on 10:55 - Aug 7 with 3666 viewspeenemunde

Trust Meeting on 08:49 - Aug 7 by felixstowe_jack

No chance at all. The vast, vast majority of Swans fans couldn’t are less about the trust, combine that with fans who think the trust is now well past its sell by date and all you are left with is a relatively small group of fans.
Trust Meeting on 11:18 - Aug 7 with 3617 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Trust Meeting on 10:55 - Aug 7 by peenemunde

No chance at all. The vast, vast majority of Swans fans couldn’t are less about the trust, combine that with fans who think the trust is now well past its sell by date and all you are left with is a relatively small group of fans.

I think you're right, however I believe that is because they have no idea about what has gone on and what is currently happening behind the scenes at the club.

I have numerous friends who are season ticket holders, attend countless away matches and are completely oblivious to what has gone on and what is going on because they don't bother visiting this forum which is the primary resource of information on this saga, which is quite frankly appalling considering the resources The Trust has to get the story and situation out to most fans if they really wanted to.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Trust Meeting on 11:23 - Aug 7 with 3604 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust Meeting on 11:18 - Aug 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think you're right, however I believe that is because they have no idea about what has gone on and what is currently happening behind the scenes at the club.

I have numerous friends who are season ticket holders, attend countless away matches and are completely oblivious to what has gone on and what is going on because they don't bother visiting this forum which is the primary resource of information on this saga, which is quite frankly appalling considering the resources The Trust has to get the story and situation out to most fans if they really wanted to.

Totally agree.
Trust Meeting on 11:41 - Aug 7 with 3562 viewsmarchamjack

Trust Meeting on 11:23 - Aug 7 by londonlisa2001

Totally agree.

Phil

Thanks for the update. As a Member I look on here first to see what the Trust is up to (which I know is not what it should be...direct from Trust itself/ twitter/ fb page...but accept too one step at a time in changing things). Compared to your last tenure, mindful of how various things seeped out over time (and that's not pointing any fingers, just saying what happened) could you and the others please keep us updated on here on a more regular basis, as you've done above which is great.

And couldn't agree more about getting more Members to spread the Trust message. Apathy out there (and over recent times mistrust) rules. The Trust and the fans need to reconnect. The initial revent attempts at the Trust being more public faced seems to have died a death too?

Anyway, feeling positive about the Trust now for the first time in a few years with you and the new board members most of us that voted for, back in/newly in post.

Feeling positive about the manager

Feeling positive about the Trust

Just need the Yanks to fck off now and sell to a minted benefactor and job done 😁

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Meeting on 16:23 - Aug 7 with 3362 viewsPhil_S

Trust Meeting on 11:18 - Aug 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm assuming and hoping you give them the detail that they need so they are no longer oblivious to it

Because no matter how much the Trust reaches out and gets the message across everywhere then there will always be some people that don't see/read it and therefore we will always rely on those informed to be able to help telling them

I hope you don't find that flippant but help is needed everywhere
Trust Meeting on 16:27 - Aug 7 with 3352 viewsLeonWasGod

Trust Meeting on 16:23 - Aug 7 by Phil_S

I'm assuming and hoping you give them the detail that they need so they are no longer oblivious to it

Because no matter how much the Trust reaches out and gets the message across everywhere then there will always be some people that don't see/read it and therefore we will always rely on those informed to be able to help telling them

I hope you don't find that flippant but help is needed everywhere

People often don't want to listen or don't care. They've seen JTAK you see.

By the sounds of it you're the Chair again?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 16:27]
Trust Meeting on 16:33 - Aug 7 with 3336 viewsWingstandwood

Trust Meeting on 10:20 - Aug 7 by Phil_S

This meeting, THE MEETING, if it was (theoretically speaking atmosphere wise) to be accompanied by music last night what would it have been?

This?

Or this?

Feel free to add other appropriate theme of choice if required?

Argus!

Trust Meeting on 16:39 - Aug 7 with 3319 viewspikeypaul

Let's hope a new broom sweeps clean and thank god the muppets who defended the sellouts and yanks to the hilt when legal action was possible have gone.
Just hope the Trust board has grown some balls.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Trust Meeting on 18:08 - Aug 7 with 3196 viewsShaky

Trust Meeting on 10:19 - Aug 7 by Phil_S

It was a long meeting - I'd forgotten how long these meetings can be

I'm not going to completely dodge the question but there is one process that wasn't completed last night due to an absence from the board meeting that I want to get closed off first so we can give a full picture.

All new board members (whether new/new or returning) were in attendance and there is no doubt that the members have made some good choices based on people I met for the very first time (thinking specifically here in Tim and Rupert neither of whom I had met before the election)

Clearly the big thing on the table at the moment is mediation and how that is progressing. AN update on that will be following very shortly - delayed purely because the guy who is working on our behalf is on holiday so we need him back for the final update (this is the mediator not a member of the Trust board)

If I can ask maybe for just 24/48 hours to get the final piece of process completed and will ensure a full update is provided as soon as that is done via our website and then communicated via all channels of media that are open to us.

A delay waiting for your crown and sceptre to arrive from jewellers, Phil?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Trust Meeting on 21:37 - Aug 7 with 3076 viewsPhil_S

Trust Meeting on 11:41 - Aug 7 by marchamjack

Phil

Thanks for the update. As a Member I look on here first to see what the Trust is up to (which I know is not what it should be...direct from Trust itself/ twitter/ fb page...but accept too one step at a time in changing things). Compared to your last tenure, mindful of how various things seeped out over time (and that's not pointing any fingers, just saying what happened) could you and the others please keep us updated on here on a more regular basis, as you've done above which is great.

And couldn't agree more about getting more Members to spread the Trust message. Apathy out there (and over recent times mistrust) rules. The Trust and the fans need to reconnect. The initial revent attempts at the Trust being more public faced seems to have died a death too?

Anyway, feeling positive about the Trust now for the first time in a few years with you and the new board members most of us that voted for, back in/newly in post.

Feeling positive about the manager

Feeling positive about the Trust

Just need the Yanks to fck off now and sell to a minted benefactor and job done 😁

For me one of the things I want to make sure happen is that we utilise all forms of social media. That should start of course with updates via our website and email to members but forums have been bypassed before and we should be more active with Twitter and Facebook (Dave has made some great progress on this front). The members only FB page is clearly there but its key the messages get to members and non members alike.

The membership drive is key (and I know backed by some of the new members too so will be interesting to hear their views) and I would like to get the numbers up as much as we can.
Trust Meeting on 21:48 - Aug 7 with 3043 viewsbuilthjack

Trust Meeting on 21:37 - Aug 7 by Phil_S

For me one of the things I want to make sure happen is that we utilise all forms of social media. That should start of course with updates via our website and email to members but forums have been bypassed before and we should be more active with Twitter and Facebook (Dave has made some great progress on this front). The members only FB page is clearly there but its key the messages get to members and non members alike.

The membership drive is key (and I know backed by some of the new members too so will be interesting to hear their views) and I would like to get the numbers up as much as we can.

Did I read somewhere that there were seven hundred and something members?
What if an appeal was sent out to all members to sign up a friend?
Double the membership rather quickly.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Trust Meeting on 21:54 - Aug 7 with 3017 viewslonglostjack

Trust Meeting on 21:37 - Aug 7 by Phil_S

Social media is fine but leafleting outside the ground is a must I think. What about a junior membership of the Trust for a pound. Some kind of competitions for kids. Pester power. Through the kids you’ll get the adults.

Edit: Important to ask the kids what might be cool of course. Canvass them for ideas.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 21:59]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust Meeting on 21:56 - Aug 7 with 3003 viewsPhil_S

Trust Meeting on 21:54 - Aug 7 by longlostjack

Social media is fine but leafleting outside the ground is a must I think. What about a junior membership of the Trust for a pound. Some kind of competitions for kids. Pester power. Through the kids you’ll get the adults.

Edit: Important to ask the kids what might be cool of course. Canvass them for ideas.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 21:59]

Each idea valid. Leafleting outside the ground would need a big army of volunteers so could well be an appeal coming for those volunteers.

The junior stuff is good - think fresh ideas with new board members will be helpful here
Trust Meeting on 21:57 - Aug 7 with 2993 viewsPhil_S

Trust Meeting on 21:48 - Aug 7 by builthjack

Did I read somewhere that there were seven hundred and something members?
What if an appeal was sent out to all members to sign up a friend?
Double the membership rather quickly.

Last year was around 1200-odd

The new membership year started 1st August so at this point will be significantly less.

Anyone that hasn't rejoined can do so online and the option to auto-renew is also now ther
Trust Meeting on 22:11 - Aug 7 with 2939 viewsbuilthjack

Trust Meeting on 21:57 - Aug 7 by Phil_S

Last year was around 1200-odd

The new membership year started 1st August so at this point will be significantly less.

Anyone that hasn't rejoined can do so online and the option to auto-renew is also now ther

Put a thread up on here with the link to the membership form.
Those who join shout out loud.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Trust Meeting on 22:36 - Aug 7 with 2884 viewsMartyrman57

To engage the junior jacks, why not co-opt a couple onto the Board much like pupil council reps on school governing bodies
Trust Meeting on 11:52 - Aug 8 with 2696 viewsNookiejack

Was there any talk about excessive management fees that the Yanks might pay to themselves.

You would assume the club will have cash from the sales of Mawson, Fab, Mesa, Bartley, Clucas, Jordan Ayew?, Clucas? and Fede? Plus the parachute money.

If the Yanks pay a dividend then Trust will receive 21% share however if Yanks pay themselves management fees then Trust receives nothing.

Is anyone also calculating the Trust’s current fair value of the shares based on the above sales and parachute money?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024