Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Linnington 11:50 - Aug 7 with 2972 viewsjasonbromham

Our ref for the weekend

One of the most incompetent refereeing displays we have ever been on the end of. Let's hope we don't get a repeat!
James Linnington on 11:55 - Aug 7 with 2941 viewsMorfa_Same

Was this the ref from the Scunthorpe cup match?
James Linnington on 11:58 - Aug 7 with 2931 viewsJoshTheJack

James Linnington on 11:55 - Aug 7 by Morfa_Same

Was this the ref from the Scunthorpe cup match?

Yep that's the one,Made us send an injured player back on because he was handing cards out like confetti,Bes and dobbie linked up well that game.
James Linnington on 13:04 - Aug 7 with 2748 viewsBadlands

James Linnington on 11:58 - Aug 7 by JoshTheJack

Yep that's the one,Made us send an injured player back on because he was handing cards out like confetti,Bes and dobbie linked up well that game.

I have never been so incensed by a referee!! Then it just became a farce.
He let them kick shit out our players for 80 minutes then started sending ours of for retaliation.
We should have been more professional but the reactions were understandable.
Physically manhandling Idrizaj so as not have to abandon the game should have seen him taken off the refereeing list for years.
The only response I got from formal complaint was all referees have the confidence of the association and the Scunthorpe manager's report was praiseworthy.
I can see him doing the same on Saturday, especially if we get on his back.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

James Linnington on 13:47 - Aug 7 with 2659 viewsJack_Kass

Told an injured player to lay down on the side on the field, and everyone else to play around him for the final minute.

Hilarious looking back mind, think we finished with a 2-1-2 formation, plus the injured player.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

James Linnington on 13:59 - Aug 7 with 2609 viewstheloneranger

Swansea 1 - 2 Scunthorpe

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/8205360.stm

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

James Linnington on 14:46 - Aug 7 with 2533 viewsBarrySwan

James Linnington on 13:47 - Aug 7 by Jack_Kass

Told an injured player to lay down on the side on the field, and everyone else to play around him for the final minute.

Hilarious looking back mind, think we finished with a 2-1-2 formation, plus the injured player.

Really?

I could have sworn that i watched Idrizaj calmly just stand on the pitch on the halfway line for a minute or two rather than being forced to lie down on the pitch for the rest of the match after being called back from down the tunnel.

Hardly a huge hardship was it when we were down to seven players anyway. Although the Ref was a disgrace I think that it's fair to say that a couple of Swans players had lost their heads during the latter stages building up to the whole event.

It was interesting to watch effectively six players try to claw back a one goal deficit for two minutes and possibly a unique event in professional football history. Kind of up there with Walter ( I'll never ever head a ball) Boyd's dismissal down the Vetch.

The last two minutes were like watching an ice hockey match when the one side minus a couple of players in the sin bin try to cover all the gaps in order to keep the score down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024