Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Membership Renewals 22:17 - Aug 7 with 36268 viewsPhil_S

A reminder to everyone that Trust membership is due for renewal on 1st August

You can join online via the link below

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:23 - Aug 19 with 6164 viewsmonmouth

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:06 - Aug 19 by Uxbridge

Ha!

Probably been said before, but the big challenge with match day forums around the stadium is logistics. Can't host at stadium or Landore (we've asked), and any other venue will mean having to travel to the ground. Not impossible but major challenges.

We do have venues around the stadium though where Trust Board members will be in attendance, such as upstairs in Landore and the Pod. Any questions can be asked and will be answered honestly and as openly as possible. I'll be at one of those on Tuesday, and probably Saturday too.

Phil's got a point regarding it can be difficult to juggle all commitments with trying to be as accessible as possible but we do try. Good news is that I think everyone on the board buys in to needing to share that workload in terms of talking to the fans.

Are you podding or landoring? And what time? No missus on Tuesday so I’d love to get the chance to say hello if I could get there in time.

Sorry, should have done this as pm but can’t be arsed now.

Actually maybe I should start a thread about people you’d love to meet....clasey, dr w, Jackfath, Daz, Phil, Res, Loyal, Gary, Dicky etc and lods of others and we should sort out a group cwtch. I met Lifey and he is a lovely bloke. Think I missed the chance to meet the defunct HerefordJack by going in the wrong pub at West Brom. And I’m not going to Pego wherever the hell that is.

No, you’re right. I shouldn’t have opened that second bottle.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:46 - Aug 19 with 6128 viewsUxbridge

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:23 - Aug 19 by monmouth

Are you podding or landoring? And what time? No missus on Tuesday so I’d love to get the chance to say hello if I could get there in time.

Actually maybe I should start a thread about people you’d love to meet....clasey, dr w, Jackfath, Daz, Phil, Res, Loyal, Gary, Dicky etc and lods of others and we should sort out a group cwtch. I met Lifey and he is a lovely bloke. Think I missed the chance to meet the defunct HerefordJack by going in the wrong pub at West Brom. And I’m not going to Pego wherever the hell that is.

Well, the Landore has beer. Not particularly great beer, but still. I'll know tomorrow I suspect.

Second bottle always advisable

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:50 - Aug 19 with 6111 viewsDJack

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:46 - Aug 19 by Uxbridge

Well, the Landore has beer. Not particularly great beer, but still. I'll know tomorrow I suspect.

Second bottle always advisable

What Monny neglected to say that it was his second Jereboam bottle...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Trust Membership Renewals on 22:00 - Aug 19 with 6075 views34dfgdf54

Website doesn’t seem to be working again with most recent statement?

Edit - working now
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 22:04]
Trust Membership Renewals on 22:55 - Aug 19 with 6009 viewslonglostjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:23 - Aug 19 by monmouth

Top guy was Herefordjack - which is more than can be said about his tyres.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:57 - Aug 23 with 5505 viewsJackfath

Could those who are board members of the trust use the Trust logo as their avatar so users of the site know who they are?

There are 4 who post here as far as I know?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:43 - Aug 23 with 5466 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:57 - Aug 23 by Jackfath

Could those who are board members of the trust use the Trust logo as their avatar so users of the site know who they are?

Nah. Ive had the same avatar for years. I likes it.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Membership Renewals on 12:41 - Aug 27 with 5046 viewsNookiejack

Anyone ever see this about the Oyston case? Quite interesting.

https://wslaw.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Minority-shareholders-settle-the-
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:31 - Aug 28 with 4880 viewsFlashberryjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 12:41 - Aug 27 by Nookiejack

Anyone ever see this about the Oyston case? Quite interesting.

https://wslaw.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Minority-shareholders-settle-the-

Old news Nookie.
The Americans are probably a lot more savvy in the art of moving money around than the Oystons, plus the Trust are/will be far more reluctant to go to the courts than Valarie Belocon was.

In other words "we're up the creek without a paddle"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Trust Membership Renewals on 19:09 - Aug 30 with 4608 viewsjackrmee

So how do new members of the trust find out about meetings/forums/events, and other members only things?
Cheers.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Trust Membership Renewals on 20:06 - Aug 31 with 4469 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 19:09 - Aug 30 by jackrmee

So how do new members of the trust find out about meetings/forums/events, and other members only things?
Cheers.

Emails coming through and also the Trust website at www.swanstrust.co.uk

Forum next Wednesday evening
Trust Membership Renewals on 09:37 - Sep 1 with 4358 viewsjackrmee

Trust Membership Renewals on 20:06 - Aug 31 by Phil_S

Emails coming through and also the Trust website at www.swanstrust.co.uk

Forum next Wednesday evening

Great, thanks Phil.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Trust Membership Renewals on 18:32 - Sep 6 with 3868 viewsbluenile

I've just rejoined the Trust, but nothing on the site about the Members meeting the other night?? How do I get to read it?

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Trust Membership Renewals on 07:25 - Sep 7 with 3801 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 18:32 - Sep 6 by bluenile

I've just rejoined the Trust, but nothing on the site about the Members meeting the other night?? How do I get to read it?

The address in full is on this thread

Trust Chairman’s Update by Darran 5 Sep 2018 19:13
‘It has been almost three weeks since the last update I provided to our members about events at Swans Trust, at what is a critical time for both the Trust and the Club.

I have some key updates for you around the mediation process that we announced in May and the questions we have asked the football club around the decisions taken over the last few months.

Let me start with an update about the mediation process. In May, we informed our members that we had attempted to engage with the majority owners of Swansea City and other parties (including Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan) through a formal mediation process, beginning with a claim letter that set out the Trust’s legal case in detail and proposed a mediation. Mediation is a voluntary and confidential process in which relevant parties seek to resolve disputes with the assistance of a trained independent and impartial mediator.

Our aim was, and remains, to seek an agreement to settle past differences, subject to members’ approval, with a view to moving ahead together with the task of rebuilding the club and returning it to top level football.

The Trust entered this process in good faith, attempting to resolve all issues without the need for formal court proceedings. Unfortunately, the legal representatives of the majority owners initially refused our offer to mediate, questioning whether it was genuine, and bizarrely accused the Trust of trying to harm the Club.

An initial ’Without Prejudice’ meeting was held with Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan in early June, however there has been no follow up meeting with them or their lawyers, although the Trust was open to the possibility.

The courts have a ‘Practice Direction’, which sets out the guidelines which parties in dispute should follow before they start court proceedings. This includes trying to reach agreement by means such as mediation. The Practice Direction outlines a maximum timeline within which the relevant parties should provide a full written response to the Trust’s claim. The Trust and its legal representatives have provided every opportunity for this to be met, even allowing the maximum possible timeline which is usually reserved for more complex cases than this. Unfortunately, this deadline passed on 20thAugust without a response being received, either from the majority owners or the others.

Since the deadline passed, things have progressed a little. Our legal team were contacted by the legal representatives of the majority owners and, as a result, we are currently in discussions to arrange a meeting between the Trust, the majority owners and other parties within the next few weeks.

As a Trust, we must continue to protect our legal position. As part of the mediation process, the Trust requested access to various pieces of documentation relating to the 2016 sale.These documents have not yet been received. On the advice of our legal team, the Trust board has instructed our lawyers to initiate legal action to obtain access to these documents, unless they are provided within a further 7 days. This is a limited legal action specifically to obtain access to these documents. It is not the same as undertaking legal action relating to the sale itself and its impact on the Trust’s shareholding. We hope those issues can still be resolved as part of the discussions that are scheduled to take place in the next few weeks. However, these documents are important so that the Trust can best advise its members on the next course of action to take, which could mean undertaking legal action relating to the 2016 sale and its impact on the Trust’s position.

I can assure you that we will investigate every option available to us to ensure that we get the right result for the Trust, whichwill only be concluded following a full consultation and ballot of our members. We will, of course, continue to keep you updated as things progress.

As representatives of the fans, it is key that we understand the reasons for decisions made by the Club and gain assurances on the financial management of the Club. In my last update, I said that the Trust had sent a comprehensive list of questions to the majority owners of the Club, to obtain some clarity on the club’s financial position after this summer, understand the reasons for why decisions were made as well as seeking to ensure that the decisions taken are in the best interests of the Club. Many of these questions related to our transfer dealings this summer, but we also sought clarity on our financial obligations in the future, such as the salaries of senior employees. We know that relegation to the Championship means that we will receive considerably less revenue than previously, and we need to cut our cloth accordingly, but without visibility on the current situation we cannot say if the decisions taken were in the Club’s best interests.

The majority owners have responded to our requests and offered to meet with Stuart MacDonald, our Supporter Director, to answer our questions and provide those assurances. That was a positive step. However, the club havealso insisted that before any meeting takes place that an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) was signed by Stuart. This NDA would have prevented Stuart releasing key information into the public domain but, crucially, also stopped him from providing any information to the Trust board. This is unacceptable as it would mean that the Trust board could not gain the reassurances that we needed, plus puts our Supporter Director in an impossible position.

We have advised the majority owners that our Supporter Director will not be signing this document and we are deeply disappointed and angry that it was suggested he should sign in the first place given both Stuart’s position as a Director of the Club (which already brings with it fiduciary duties regarding confidential information being made public) but also our position as a 21% shareholder and representative of the fans. We will continue to push for these answers but not being able to provide them at this time is very disappointing.

Furthermore, the request to sign an NDA arrived just 48 hours after some key commercial information relating to the club was released via a private message exchange on Twitter by a current employee (and former shareholder) with a young supporter, which later entered the public domain. Whilst we welcome all levels of fan engagement by members of the Club’s hierarchy, it is completely inappropriate that the Supporter Director is asked to withhold information from the Trust board whilst others release this information to anyone who asks. Not for the first time, we have expressed our strong opinion that Leigh Dineen’s continued employment at the football club is inappropriate, not least due to his unprofessionalism in this matter.

On a separate note we were pleased to play a part in the competitive pricing for the Carabao Cup tie against Crystal Palace and we commend the club for listening to our viewpoints on this matter. While the result did not go our way, there were some promising debuts for some of our younger players which was pleasing to see.

I would also like to applaud the excellent efforts of Graham Potter, the coaching staff and the playing squad in performing so well at the start of this season. There has also been an obvious change in footballing philosophy on the pitch and this has made watching the Swans a much more enjoyable experience than in recent times.

This is a critical time for this organisation, and the Club as a whole. The Trust is only as strong as its membership and, in the coming weeks, we will be seeking to increase our membership base to provide as strong a voice for the fans as possible. We would welcome your help in getting the message out to fans about the importance of joining and the need for a strong Supporters Trust, especially at this time.

I would like to thank everyone who has joined us this evening and for all members who have already joined for this year. We will now open for any questions’

Trust Membership Renewals on 10:54 - Sep 7 with 3758 viewsawayjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 07:25 - Sep 7 by Phil_S

The address in full is on this thread

Trust Chairman’s Update by Darran 5 Sep 2018 19:13
‘It has been almost three weeks since the last update I provided to our members about events at Swans Trust, at what is a critical time for both the Trust and the Club.

I have some key updates for you around the mediation process that we announced in May and the questions we have asked the football club around the decisions taken over the last few months.

Let me start with an update about the mediation process. In May, we informed our members that we had attempted to engage with the majority owners of Swansea City and other parties (including Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan) through a formal mediation process, beginning with a claim letter that set out the Trust’s legal case in detail and proposed a mediation. Mediation is a voluntary and confidential process in which relevant parties seek to resolve disputes with the assistance of a trained independent and impartial mediator.

Our aim was, and remains, to seek an agreement to settle past differences, subject to members’ approval, with a view to moving ahead together with the task of rebuilding the club and returning it to top level football.

The Trust entered this process in good faith, attempting to resolve all issues without the need for formal court proceedings. Unfortunately, the legal representatives of the majority owners initially refused our offer to mediate, questioning whether it was genuine, and bizarrely accused the Trust of trying to harm the Club.

An initial ’Without Prejudice’ meeting was held with Huw Jenkins and Martin Morgan in early June, however there has been no follow up meeting with them or their lawyers, although the Trust was open to the possibility.

The courts have a ‘Practice Direction’, which sets out the guidelines which parties in dispute should follow before they start court proceedings. This includes trying to reach agreement by means such as mediation. The Practice Direction outlines a maximum timeline within which the relevant parties should provide a full written response to the Trust’s claim. The Trust and its legal representatives have provided every opportunity for this to be met, even allowing the maximum possible timeline which is usually reserved for more complex cases than this. Unfortunately, this deadline passed on 20thAugust without a response being received, either from the majority owners or the others.

Since the deadline passed, things have progressed a little. Our legal team were contacted by the legal representatives of the majority owners and, as a result, we are currently in discussions to arrange a meeting between the Trust, the majority owners and other parties within the next few weeks.

As a Trust, we must continue to protect our legal position. As part of the mediation process, the Trust requested access to various pieces of documentation relating to the 2016 sale.These documents have not yet been received. On the advice of our legal team, the Trust board has instructed our lawyers to initiate legal action to obtain access to these documents, unless they are provided within a further 7 days. This is a limited legal action specifically to obtain access to these documents. It is not the same as undertaking legal action relating to the sale itself and its impact on the Trust’s shareholding. We hope those issues can still be resolved as part of the discussions that are scheduled to take place in the next few weeks. However, these documents are important so that the Trust can best advise its members on the next course of action to take, which could mean undertaking legal action relating to the 2016 sale and its impact on the Trust’s position.

I can assure you that we will investigate every option available to us to ensure that we get the right result for the Trust, whichwill only be concluded following a full consultation and ballot of our members. We will, of course, continue to keep you updated as things progress.

As representatives of the fans, it is key that we understand the reasons for decisions made by the Club and gain assurances on the financial management of the Club. In my last update, I said that the Trust had sent a comprehensive list of questions to the majority owners of the Club, to obtain some clarity on the club’s financial position after this summer, understand the reasons for why decisions were made as well as seeking to ensure that the decisions taken are in the best interests of the Club. Many of these questions related to our transfer dealings this summer, but we also sought clarity on our financial obligations in the future, such as the salaries of senior employees. We know that relegation to the Championship means that we will receive considerably less revenue than previously, and we need to cut our cloth accordingly, but without visibility on the current situation we cannot say if the decisions taken were in the Club’s best interests.

The majority owners have responded to our requests and offered to meet with Stuart MacDonald, our Supporter Director, to answer our questions and provide those assurances. That was a positive step. However, the club havealso insisted that before any meeting takes place that an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) was signed by Stuart. This NDA would have prevented Stuart releasing key information into the public domain but, crucially, also stopped him from providing any information to the Trust board. This is unacceptable as it would mean that the Trust board could not gain the reassurances that we needed, plus puts our Supporter Director in an impossible position.

We have advised the majority owners that our Supporter Director will not be signing this document and we are deeply disappointed and angry that it was suggested he should sign in the first place given both Stuart’s position as a Director of the Club (which already brings with it fiduciary duties regarding confidential information being made public) but also our position as a 21% shareholder and representative of the fans. We will continue to push for these answers but not being able to provide them at this time is very disappointing.

Furthermore, the request to sign an NDA arrived just 48 hours after some key commercial information relating to the club was released via a private message exchange on Twitter by a current employee (and former shareholder) with a young supporter, which later entered the public domain. Whilst we welcome all levels of fan engagement by members of the Club’s hierarchy, it is completely inappropriate that the Supporter Director is asked to withhold information from the Trust board whilst others release this information to anyone who asks. Not for the first time, we have expressed our strong opinion that Leigh Dineen’s continued employment at the football club is inappropriate, not least due to his unprofessionalism in this matter.

On a separate note we were pleased to play a part in the competitive pricing for the Carabao Cup tie against Crystal Palace and we commend the club for listening to our viewpoints on this matter. While the result did not go our way, there were some promising debuts for some of our younger players which was pleasing to see.

I would also like to applaud the excellent efforts of Graham Potter, the coaching staff and the playing squad in performing so well at the start of this season. There has also been an obvious change in footballing philosophy on the pitch and this has made watching the Swans a much more enjoyable experience than in recent times.

This is a critical time for this organisation, and the Club as a whole. The Trust is only as strong as its membership and, in the coming weeks, we will be seeking to increase our membership base to provide as strong a voice for the fans as possible. We would welcome your help in getting the message out to fans about the importance of joining and the need for a strong Supporters Trust, especially at this time.

I would like to thank everyone who has joined us this evening and for all members who have already joined for this year. We will now open for any questions’

How many members we up to now? Perhaps most crucial therefore easiest time to recruit. What’s the target 5,000 members?
Trust Membership Renewals on 17:02 - Sep 7 with 3728 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 10:54 - Sep 7 by awayjack

How many members we up to now? Perhaps most crucial therefore easiest time to recruit. What’s the target 5,000 members?

We were over 1000 on Wednesday evening which is more than double where we were this time last year

The membership team are meeting over the next week or so and I am sure will set the appropriate targets but I would like to think as a minimum that double figure can be maintained and grown
Trust Membership Renewals on 22:32 - Sep 7 with 3678 viewsbuilthjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:02 - Sep 7 by Phil_S

We were over 1000 on Wednesday evening which is more than double where we were this time last year

The membership team are meeting over the next week or so and I am sure will set the appropriate targets but I would like to think as a minimum that double figure can be maintained and grown

Get all your members to sign a friend up.
It shouldn't be hard.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Trust Membership Renewals on 14:40 - Sep 10 with 3397 viewsDevz00

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:57 - Aug 23 by Jackfath

Maybe it would be better if the site admin could introduce an icon for trust members so it's visable to all but not an avatar.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Trust Membership Renewals on 20:01 - Sep 14 with 3078 viewsGaryjack

I've just signed up and got some pdf file and stuff. I don't want any of that. I want a number. Can someone from the trust please give me a number? Any number, as long as i get one!
Trust Membership Renewals on 18:27 - Sep 15 with 2973 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Trust Membership Renewals on 20:01 - Sep 14 by Garyjack

I've just signed up and got some pdf file and stuff. I don't want any of that. I want a number. Can someone from the trust please give me a number? Any number, as long as i get one!

Number 6

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Trust Membership Renewals on 19:02 - Sep 15 with 2962 viewslonglostjack

Nr 17. Itay Schechter and Sam Clucas’ old number. Now available I believe.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024