Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Membership Renewals 22:17 - Aug 7 with 36252 viewsPhil_S

A reminder to everyone that Trust membership is due for renewal on 1st August

You can join online via the link below

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:09 - Aug 9 with 3434 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:24 - Aug 9 by Landore_Jack

Will the Trust be making a statement regarding the recent transfer window farce?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 15:24]

The short answer is yes

I’d like to think tonight in a perfect world but logistically
Probably tomorrow morning as it needs input from key people right now

I know ideally we could move quicker but unfortunately prior engagements means we have to work as quick as we can

And we are I promise that
Trust Membership Renewals on 18:08 - Aug 9 with 3383 viewsSgorioFruit

Phil, your a top man, and I don't doubt your commitment.

But this club is a complete shambles, and them at the top have been allowed to get away with god knows what. robbing this club of all its resources.

When I see someone standing up to them money grabbing, robbing, dishonest bunch of scoundrels then I will have an interest.

I don't doubt for one second that you wont step up, I just think a lot of us fans are tired of being fobbed off by our club for so long now,

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Trust Membership Renewals on 18:29 - Aug 9 with 3367 viewsLandore_Jack

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:09 - Aug 9 by Phil_S

The short answer is yes

I’d like to think tonight in a perfect world but logistically
Probably tomorrow morning as it needs input from key people right now

I know ideally we could move quicker but unfortunately prior engagements means we have to work as quick as we can

And we are I promise that

Thanks for the response.

#backtojack

Trust Membership Renewals on 19:57 - Aug 9 with 3297 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 18:08 - Aug 9 by SgorioFruit

Phil, your a top man, and I don't doubt your commitment.

But this club is a complete shambles, and them at the top have been allowed to get away with god knows what. robbing this club of all its resources.

When I see someone standing up to them money grabbing, robbing, dishonest bunch of scoundrels then I will have an interest.

I don't doubt for one second that you wont step up, I just think a lot of us fans are tired of being fobbed off by our club for so long now,

I’m going to ask everyone here to remember one key thing

Every move we make right now needs approval of the legal guys - need to ensure nothing weakens any legal case , it slows the wheels down but (bar a one hour flight from Glasgow) this has taken up most of the afternoon getting what we need statement wise

It’s not ideal but it’s essential
Trust Membership Renewals on 20:06 - Aug 9 with 3281 viewsWingstandwood

Trust Membership Renewals on 19:57 - Aug 9 by Phil_S

I’m going to ask everyone here to remember one key thing

Every move we make right now needs approval of the legal guys - need to ensure nothing weakens any legal case , it slows the wheels down but (bar a one hour flight from Glasgow) this has taken up most of the afternoon getting what we need statement wise

It’s not ideal but it’s essential

Yep! Run a tight ship, be streetwise, learn from past experience to gain advantage/superiority over 'The enemy'.

People will understand 'radio-silence' if its required strategy.

Argus!

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:09 - Aug 9 with 3218 viewsbermudajack

Trust Membership Renewals on 20:06 - Aug 9 by Wingstandwood

Yep! Run a tight ship, be streetwise, learn from past experience to gain advantage/superiority over 'The enemy'.

People will understand 'radio-silence' if its required strategy.

This is the very thing the Trust was formed to avoid, another Petty episode which always seems to infect our club more than others.
This season I decided not to renew my membership due to the stance the Trust took over proposed legal action, it has now come full circle with today’s events highlighting the mismanagement from our DOF which has been simmering below the surface in recent years.
I’ve lost faith in everything connected with my club. I feel cheated, disconnected, lied to, but beyond everything complete anger at all who have allowed this wonderful club to be used as a money making cash cow for a bunch of investors who have no regard for this club or it’s fans.
We as fans have a responsibility to act. To make them accountable, to starve them of their profits, to make them feel unwelcome, to demand an explanation and the immediate removal of that clown Jenkins. I am absolutely livid and wait with baited breath the direction the Trust chooses to take.
Get these idiots out of our club... all of them... we’ve been mugged off with cheap words and empty promises by the board and owners before... we can not afford to go down that road again...

How can the team perform and do thieir jobs when the clowns at the top keep pulling the rugs from beneath them?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:17 - Aug 9 with 3208 viewsWingstandwood

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:09 - Aug 9 by bermudajack

This is the very thing the Trust was formed to avoid, another Petty episode which always seems to infect our club more than others.
This season I decided not to renew my membership due to the stance the Trust took over proposed legal action, it has now come full circle with today’s events highlighting the mismanagement from our DOF which has been simmering below the surface in recent years.
I’ve lost faith in everything connected with my club. I feel cheated, disconnected, lied to, but beyond everything complete anger at all who have allowed this wonderful club to be used as a money making cash cow for a bunch of investors who have no regard for this club or it’s fans.
We as fans have a responsibility to act. To make them accountable, to starve them of their profits, to make them feel unwelcome, to demand an explanation and the immediate removal of that clown Jenkins. I am absolutely livid and wait with baited breath the direction the Trust chooses to take.
Get these idiots out of our club... all of them... we’ve been mugged off with cheap words and empty promises by the board and owners before... we can not afford to go down that road again...

How can the team perform and do thieir jobs when the clowns at the top keep pulling the rugs from beneath them?

I am of the opinion that where legal advice has been given to use silence as a weapon to aid and abet any future courtroom victory or tactically to wrongfoot the opposition or to keep the 'opposition' guessing let it be.

Of course thats only in circumstances where legal advice is given to do so. If SCST was keeping silent out of apathy or some hidden motive to protect Yanks, Jenkins and Co then indeed that would be wrong.

Argus!

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:29 - Aug 9 with 3189 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:17 - Aug 9 by Wingstandwood

I am of the opinion that where legal advice has been given to use silence as a weapon to aid and abet any future courtroom victory or tactically to wrongfoot the opposition or to keep the 'opposition' guessing let it be.

Of course thats only in circumstances where legal advice is given to do so. If SCST was keeping silent out of apathy or some hidden motive to protect Yanks, Jenkins and Co then indeed that would be wrong.

Indeed it would be very wrong but it’s definitely not the case
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:32 - Aug 9 with 3177 viewsWingstandwood

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:29 - Aug 9 by Phil_S

Indeed it would be very wrong but it’s definitely not the case

Fantastic!

Argus!

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:53 - Aug 9 with 3147 viewsjeza739

Has it been decided the trust are taking court action re sellout? When thats confirmed and only then i will rejoin
Trust Membership Renewals on 21:55 - Aug 9 with 3140 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:53 - Aug 9 by jeza739

Has it been decided the trust are taking court action re sellout? When thats confirmed and only then i will rejoin

That's your catch 22. That will be a members decision via a consultation/vote so to be eligible to vote you need to be a member...
Trust Membership Renewals on 22:01 - Aug 9 with 3133 viewsSgorioFruit

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:55 - Aug 9 by Phil_S

That's your catch 22. That will be a members decision via a consultation/vote so to be eligible to vote you need to be a member...

but that last vote we had regarding this issue, what an absolute load of crap the result was.
will be interesting to see if that has changed

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Trust Membership Renewals on 22:22 - Aug 9 with 3105 viewsBillyChong

Will the trust advise its members to vote against legal action again this time? That’s where I lost faith to be honest. And when a ‘spokesperson’ said ‘trust the board’ on a TV interview. The moment I publically see some fight I’ll rejoin.
Trust Membership Renewals on 22:30 - Aug 9 with 3090 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 22:22 - Aug 9 by BillyChong

Will the trust advise its members to vote against legal action again this time? That’s where I lost faith to be honest. And when a ‘spokesperson’ said ‘trust the board’ on a TV interview. The moment I publically see some fight I’ll rejoin.

I cant guarantee it but based on my experience Monday and my personal view is that any consultation will come without recommendation/leading.

And from a personal perspective I trust the board about as far as I can throw you...
Trust Membership Renewals on 22:35 - Aug 9 with 3081 viewsharryhpalmer

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:24 - Aug 9 by Landore_Jack

Will the Trust be making a statement regarding the recent transfer window farce?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 15:24]

yep. I wont be renewing until I see a statement from the Trust on this latest transfer fiasco.

And i dont want to see any pussyfooting around crap either.

To leave the team with just one centreback 2 days before a game. selling players on the cheap under the guise of "undisclosed" fees.

I am so livid right now.

It will take something special to renew, after last year's farce over the share negotiation that saw mass resignations.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Trust Membership Renewals on 22:42 - Aug 9 with 3067 viewsscruffyjack

I think now is the time for all Swans fans to get behind the trust. Yes big mistakes were made, but unless we unite together how are we supposed to make progress?

This is a huge moment in the history of the trust with some very difficult decisions to be made, and once we are on that road then there’s no turning back.

I think the right people are in place so let’s give them all our support.

STID
Trust Membership Renewals on 22:48 - Aug 9 with 3057 viewsjacksfullaces

assume you will be taking memberships saturday afternoon?
Trust Membership Renewals on 08:07 - Aug 10 with 2918 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 22:35 - Aug 9 by harryhpalmer

yep. I wont be renewing until I see a statement from the Trust on this latest transfer fiasco.

And i dont want to see any pussyfooting around crap either.

To leave the team with just one centreback 2 days before a game. selling players on the cheap under the guise of "undisclosed" fees.

I am so livid right now.

It will take something special to renew, after last year's farce over the share negotiation that saw mass resignations.

Hopefully you will rejoin today then
Trust Membership Renewals on 08:08 - Aug 10 with 2914 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 22:48 - Aug 9 by jacksfullaces

assume you will be taking memberships saturday afternoon?

Yes I think both Brooksy and Sian will be at the pod prior to the game

Usually up to maybe half hour before
Trust Membership Renewals on 08:10 - Aug 10 with 2910 viewsJackfath

Has the new Chair been voted in yet?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Trust Membership Renewals on 08:16 - Aug 10 with 2902 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 08:10 - Aug 10 by Jackfath

Has the new Chair been voted in yet?

Yes, the final appointment of the new board was confirmed yesterday evening (hence the delay) will also be out this morning
Trust Membership Renewals on 08:59 - Aug 10 with 2883 viewsJinxy

The Trust was mainly formed to guard against what we are currently witnessing (by the look of it), and although due to the sellers' actions we have limited powers, Trust membership is as/more important than ever. I'm confident that the new Trust board now understands the landscape, and any hidden agendas are now well and truly apparent. We cannot change the past, only learn from it.

I'm still dismayed that only ~ 12% of ST holders are Trust members, and only 50% of them can be bothered to vote - approx. 6% of ST holders! When we have AGM's, EGM's, "meet the manager" evenings etc., we are lucky to get 100-150 attendees. I understand not everyone can attend, vote (holidays etc.) etc., but we should not wait to be on the brink before we (fans) actively participate.

Phil - the low numbers of Trust members and vote %'s HAS to be addressed - the message really needs to be put out there ASAP. The Americans, sellers etc. will be more than aware of the apparent apathy.
Trust Membership Renewals on 09:08 - Aug 10 with 2859 viewsLandore_Jack

Has any board member seen their salary reduced since relegation?

#backtojack

Trust Membership Renewals on 10:02 - Aug 10 with 2781 viewsNookiejack

The way this has developed I wouldn’t be surprised if the Yanks plan to pay themselves excessive management fees to their offshore investment vehicle - to try to get their £69m investment back.

Hopefully the Trust has a contingency plan in respect of applying for a court order - to stop this should there be any signs that the Yanks are about to do this.
Trust Membership Renewals on 10:15 - Aug 10 with 2749 viewsbonymine

Trust Membership Renewals on 10:02 - Aug 10 by Nookiejack

The way this has developed I wouldn’t be surprised if the Yanks plan to pay themselves excessive management fees to their offshore investment vehicle - to try to get their £69m investment back.

Hopefully the Trust has a contingency plan in respect of applying for a court order - to stop this should there be any signs that the Yanks are about to do this.

The David Conn article here about how the Oystons asset stripped Blackpool bears such striking similarities to the situation we now find ourselves in .....watch this space for excessive ‘Consultancy and Management Fees’ disappearing over the Pond to random Delaware Hedge Funds maybe ???

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/nov/07/blackpool-fit-and-proper-p

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024