Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Membership Renewals 22:17 - Aug 7 with 36254 viewsPhil_S

A reminder to everyone that Trust membership is due for renewal on 1st August

You can join online via the link below

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/

Trust Membership Renewals on 10:21 - Aug 10 with 3928 viewsawayjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 09:08 - Aug 10 by Landore_Jack

Has any board member seen their salary reduced since relegation?

More likely to award themselves bonuses for doing such a great job cutting costs. The firesale has just put a few more quid in the pig trough.
Trust Membership Renewals on 10:26 - Aug 10 with 3909 views34dfgdf54

Said I would never join again.

But as the lads who I voted for have got in (Phil, ECB and Rupert), then I'd be rude not too.

Good luck guys. Going to have a busy few months I think.
Trust Membership Renewals on 10:31 - Aug 10 with 3887 viewsPhil_S

Trust statement: https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2018/08/10/trust-statement-on-the-transfer-window-a
Trust Membership Renewals on 10:33 - Aug 10 with 3871 viewsAlgorfajack

Trust Membership Renewals on 10:31 - Aug 10 by Phil_S

Trust statement: https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2018/08/10/trust-statement-on-the-transfer-window-a

Congrats on getting the Chair Phil.

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 10:35 - Aug 10 with 3859 viewsjackolantern

Rejoined.

Please don’t f#£& this up again.
Trust Membership Renewals on 10:43 - Aug 10 with 3811 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 10:33 - Aug 10 by Algorfajack

Congrats on getting the Chair Phil.

Thank you and thank you again to everyone joining
Trust Membership Renewals on 10:46 - Aug 10 with 3787 viewsNookiejack

Trust Membership Renewals on 10:15 - Aug 10 by bonymine

The David Conn article here about how the Oystons asset stripped Blackpool bears such striking similarities to the situation we now find ourselves in .....watch this space for excessive ‘Consultancy and Management Fees’ disappearing over the Pond to random Delaware Hedge Funds maybe ???

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/nov/07/blackpool-fit-and-proper-p

I can really see this happening and Yanks having ‘see you in court later’ attitude. Relying on the Trust not to take legal action.

If one payment is made under this guise the Trust must apply for a court injunction.
Trust Membership Renewals on 10:47 - Aug 10 with 3780 viewsLandore_Jack

Anybody else experiencing issues accessing the link?

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Membership Renewals on 10:49 - Aug 10 with 3766 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 10:47 - Aug 10 by Landore_Jack

Anybody else experiencing issues accessing the link?

Typically the website has crashed

The transfer window.

The Trust Board wants to be a strong voice for the fans of Swansea City and as such, we cannot let the events of transfer deadline day pass without comment. While we fully appreciate that there would be a need to cut costs following relegation from the Premier League, this should have been coupled with a proactive transfer policy to bring in players to replace those who have left. It is worth remembering of course that our relegation from the Premier League was a direct result of similarly poor transfer dealings over the last three years or so by the club’s previous and current owners. We had hoped that the restructuring of recruitment that the club announced meant that we would see a far more constructive and proactive transfer window this time around. That clearly hasn’t happened and the focus has been on moving players out with insufficient regard for ensuring we have a squad equipped to be as competitive as possible.

While the loan window remains open and we remain hopeful of new additions, the events of deadline day leave the club with a wafer thin playing squad. Given the mass exodus of senior players, it is not unreasonable to expect that some of that money would have been reinvested into new additions to give Graham Potter the best chance of success. Our Supporter Director will be making these feelings known to the rest of the club’s board and seeking assurances that the playing squad will not be further eviscerated in an attempt to cut costs and that new players will be brought in.

We urge all Swansea City fans to get behind the team against Preston at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday. The fans need to provide Graham Potter, his team and his players with the support that has been so sadly lacking from the club’s owners. However, we also fully understand the fans’ right to voice their displeasure at recent events should they wish to do so.

Trust board appointments

Following the recent elections to the Swansea City Supporters’ Trust board and the new Board’s first meeting, we are pleased to announce the following appointments:

Phil Sumbler has been elected by the Board to serve as Chair for a period of two years.

Andy Godden has been elected as Vice Chair for a period of two years.

Cath Dyer has been elected to the Associate Director position, again for a period of two years.

In addition, Dave Dalton and Roger Goodwin have been re-appointed as co-opted Board members for one year. Dave and Roger were previously members of the Board and carried out some excellent work in the areas of social media and engaging with local schools. Their experience and enthusiasm will be invaluable and we are glad to welcome them back.

Welcoming the new appointments and board members, Trust Chair Phil Sumbler said:

“I am very pleased to be back as Chair of the Supporters’ Trust at this vital time. I would like to extend my thanks and gratitude to my predecessor, Alan Lewis, for all his hard work over the years both as board member and Chair. I am gratified by the faith shown in me by both Trust members at the recent election and the Board members who selected me as Chair. The new Trust Board has an excellent mix of experienced and new members who all bring different skills to the table.

These are difficult and important times for the Trust and my priority as Chair will be to lead the Trust through the ongoing mediation/legal process. However, I am equally as focused on the importance of increasing the profile and membership of the Trust, the need to appeal to current and new members alike and we must be a strong voice for Swansea City fans within the club and more widely. As a board, we will be considering ways to engage better with Swansea City fans to try and increase both the profile and membership of the Trust. I welcome any ideas from members and non-members about how we can do that — please get in touch.”

We realise that members are keen to know the latest position on the mediation process we informed you about in May and we will provide an update as soon as possible. We are also planning to arrange a fans’ forum very soon to give members the opportunity to question the Trust Board on any and all things Trust and Swansea City related. We will announce details of this as soon as they are available.
Trust Membership Renewals on 12:31 - Aug 10 with 3652 viewsItchySphincter

Liking the car window sticker. Ta.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:50 - Aug 10 with 3565 viewsBLAZE

I’ve been in a technological coma the last few weeks. Where’s Alan Lewis gone? Viv Williams? Ron Watshisname? Etc. Did their terms come to an end or were they not re-elected or something!?

Having read the statements of the new members they seem an impressive bunch, far more so than previous. May have to rejoin for the first time in years
Trust Membership Renewals on 16:54 - Aug 10 with 3516 viewsWingstandwood

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:50 - Aug 10 by BLAZE

I’ve been in a technological coma the last few weeks. Where’s Alan Lewis gone? Viv Williams? Ron Watshisname? Etc. Did their terms come to an end or were they not re-elected or something!?

Having read the statements of the new members they seem an impressive bunch, far more so than previous. May have to rejoin for the first time in years

Yep brill intake, a bit like the SAS in some respect i.e. specialities, expertise and experience taken from various/wide range of corps/regiments, tailor made to suit exactly many a specific circumstance and occasion. Truly 'Elite'.

There will be no pulling the wool over SCST individuals eyes here! No SCST individuals being taken for a ride! No playing the Jedi-Mind trick and bullsh1tting here. I mean? What more could you want to oversee the actions/past actions of devious, cunning, treacherous Jenkins, Yanks and Co than a most supreme Trust personnel juxtaposition.

A devastating payload is now in place i.e. elite forensic accountancy, upper echelon FTSE company experience, toughness, survival instinct and streetwise savvy in the cut-throat world of big business etc.

Some of them have every right look down upon 'smalltime' operators like Jenkins, Dineen and the 'think-we're-born-yesterday' Yanks... Some SCST high-rankers IMO will deem the aforementioned to be nothing more than 'sh1t under shoe' annoyance.

Argus!

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:09 - Aug 10 with 3491 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:50 - Aug 10 by BLAZE

Alan, Viv and Ron all elected not to stand at the last election so effectively stood down from the board

Please do rejoin - strength in numbers particularly to have your say when it is needed on the big important issue
Trust Membership Renewals on 18:28 - Aug 10 with 3439 viewsbarry_island

Is the Quiet Man still Supporter Director?

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Trust Membership Renewals on 19:24 - Aug 10 with 3399 viewsplasjack

For the trust to function at its maximum potential, every new member will increase the pressure on our so called owners.
Its the only way forward and there is no alternative, unless we can tempt some entrepreneur with an honest intention to support us with no strings attached, a tall order I know.
Trust Membership Renewals on 20:41 - Aug 10 with 3352 viewsSwanzay

Where is Viv and his dog tail wagging?
Trust Membership Renewals on 10:57 - Aug 11 with 3187 viewsportsidejack

Trust Membership Renewals on 19:24 - Aug 10 by plasjack

For the trust to function at its maximum potential, every new member will increase the pressure on our so called owners.
Its the only way forward and there is no alternative, unless we can tempt some entrepreneur with an honest intention to support us with no strings attached, a tall order I know.

The trust are nothing more than a token gesture, always been that way at Swansea, if they wanted to do anything for the supporters of Swansea they should have done it when they had the chance to stop the sale of the club. when it was sold behind there backs if you can honestly believe that you more deluded than most on this forum, Phil and the boards silence was deafening to say least.
Trust Membership Renewals on 13:11 - Aug 11 with 3129 viewsjacktheripper

Trust Membership Renewals on 10:57 - Aug 11 by portsidejack

The trust are nothing more than a token gesture, always been that way at Swansea, if they wanted to do anything for the supporters of Swansea they should have done it when they had the chance to stop the sale of the club. when it was sold behind there backs if you can honestly believe that you more deluded than most on this forum, Phil and the boards silence was deafening to say least.

So why, in your opinion, would the Trust oppose Yanks V1 after doing due diligence and yet let the current owners a free ride during their takeover?
Trust Membership Renewals on 18:44 - Aug 11 with 3047 viewsjacksfullaces

looks like a few renewing/joining today.

also very much a sense of us against them trust v owners

sad state of affairs but critical friendship should be bare minimum
Trust Membership Renewals on 19:04 - Aug 11 with 3022 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 10:57 - Aug 11 by portsidejack

It's an old tired line to get drawn out but there was nothing that could have been done to stop it. The sellers colluded against all supporters of Swansea City for their own personal gain with insufficient regard for the benefit to the football club.

The Trust were far from silent about what happened but despite that nobody decided to even try and include them even when it was pointed out to them that the Trust may have been open to a sale.
Trust Membership Renewals on 20:32 - Aug 11 with 2963 viewsDDCH

have also renewed again. In the Trust we trust

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Trust Membership Renewals on 20:57 - Aug 11 with 2937 viewsGaryjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 19:04 - Aug 11 by Phil_S

It's an old tired line to get drawn out but there was nothing that could have been done to stop it. The sellers colluded against all supporters of Swansea City for their own personal gain with insufficient regard for the benefit to the football club.

The Trust were far from silent about what happened but despite that nobody decided to even try and include them even when it was pointed out to them that the Trust may have been open to a sale.

Not sure whether it's been touched on before, but the very fact life long fans and shareholders of our club asked potential share purchasers not to inform a 21.1% shareholder of their intention to sell, and got the "Ye ok" from them, shows that they knew they were selling to some unscrupulous people. But they went ahead anyway. Nothing to do with the yanks taking the club forward. It was ALL about cashing in and to hell with the consequences of it. Yet there are STILL people on the trust board who wish to form a working relationship with them because they haven't got the vision or balls to see any other way. I will rejoin Phil, simply because there are those on board now that will strive to do right for our club. I sincerely hope you are successful.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 22:12]
Trust Membership Renewals on 21:30 - Aug 11 with 2900 viewsFlashberryjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 20:57 - Aug 11 by Garyjack

Not sure whether it's been touched on before, but the very fact life long fans and shareholders of our club asked potential share purchasers not to inform a 21.1% shareholder of their intention to sell, and got the "Ye ok" from them, shows that they knew they were selling to some unscrupulous people. But they went ahead anyway. Nothing to do with the yanks taking the club forward. It was ALL about cashing in and to hell with the consequences of it. Yet there are STILL people on the trust board who wish to form a working relationship with them because they haven't got the vision or balls to see any other way. I will rejoin Phil, simply because there are those on board now that will strive to do right for our club. I sincerely hope you are successful.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 22:12]

£40,000

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Trust Membership Renewals on 22:15 - Aug 11 with 2870 viewsSgorioFruit

Trust Membership Renewals on 18:08 - Aug 9 by SgorioFruit

Phil, your a top man, and I don't doubt your commitment.

But this club is a complete shambles, and them at the top have been allowed to get away with god knows what. robbing this club of all its resources.

When I see someone standing up to them money grabbing, robbing, dishonest bunch of scoundrels then I will have an interest.

I don't doubt for one second that you wont step up, I just think a lot of us fans are tired of being fobbed off by our club for so long now,

2 x memberships renewed today from the SgorioFruit household

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Trust Membership Renewals on 23:30 - Aug 11 with 2838 viewsDJack

Trust Membership Renewals on 12:31 - Aug 10 by ItchySphincter

Liking the car window sticker. Ta.

Licking the car window...I'm not surprised.

...It's a joke

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024