Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Membership Renewals 22:17 - Aug 7 with 36264 viewsPhil_S

A reminder to everyone that Trust membership is due for renewal on 1st August

You can join online via the link below

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/

Trust Membership Renewals on 23:36 - Aug 11 with 4555 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Membership Renewals on 20:57 - Aug 11 by Garyjack

Not sure whether it's been touched on before, but the very fact life long fans and shareholders of our club asked potential share purchasers not to inform a 21.1% shareholder of their intention to sell, and got the "Ye ok" from them, shows that they knew they were selling to some unscrupulous people. But they went ahead anyway. Nothing to do with the yanks taking the club forward. It was ALL about cashing in and to hell with the consequences of it. Yet there are STILL people on the trust board who wish to form a working relationship with them because they haven't got the vision or balls to see any other way. I will rejoin Phil, simply because there are those on board now that will strive to do right for our club. I sincerely hope you are successful.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 22:12]

Superb post.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Membership Renewals on 23:47 - Aug 11 with 4523 viewsSgorioFruit

I have rejoined today for these following factors

the club at board level is a rotten mess, however Phil is back on board with the SCST and we all have to back someone/some people who are making an effort to get us on the right track.

If we don't back the people making an effort then we have no hope.

Now lets get at em

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Trust Membership Renewals on 23:51 - Aug 11 with 4517 viewsBLAZE

Not sure whether it's been touched on before, but the very fact life long fans and shareholders of our club asked potential share purchasers not to inform a 21.1% shareholder of their intention to sell, and got the "Ye ok" from them, shows that they knew they were selling to some unscrupulous people. But they went ahead anyway. Nothing to do with the yanks taking the club forward. It was ALL about cashing in and to hell with the consequences of it. Yet there are STILL people on the trust board who wish to form a working relationship with them because they haven't got the vision or balls to see any other way. I will rejoin Phil, simply because there are those on board now that will strive to do right for our club. I sincerely hope you are successful.

Trying to read between the lines, does that mean that some or all of Stu MacDonald, Viv Brooks, Cath Dyer and Sian Davies want to continue attempting to form a working relationship? To my memory the rest of the current trust board are either new or have previously stated their lack of trust in the club hierarchy

It appears they’re outnumbered now anyway, so hopefully we’ll see some positive action soon
Trust Membership Renewals on 10:59 - Aug 12 with 4414 viewsPegojack

I've re-joined today.

I accept that an attempt at mediation is going on, but I believe the people we are trying to negotiate with are basically untrustworthy and dishonest to the core. They are undoubtedly laughing up their sleeves at us. I want this attempt at mediation to be short and sharp, and if there's no acceptable result, I want us to proceed to legal action asap. I know the outcome is uncertain, but we have to try and get our just dues though the courts, for as long as our cash holds out.
Trust Membership Renewals on 12:33 - Aug 12 with 4380 viewscwmdonkinjack

Me and another family member have rejoined. It's all very well for people to moan and demand change and to expect someone to come in riding on a white charger, but the more members in the Trust, the better. Well done Phil on your re-election.
Let's get ourselves in a better position on the pitch with some loan signings and keep supporting GP. Radical change in club management structure is not what is required 2 games into the season and neither is a divisive legal dispute.
Clearer lines of communication on sales and recruitment and how decisions are made are essential and I hope the Trust can be part of this.
On the commercial front- why no programmes for sale in the ground now we have control and for other merchandising?
Trust Membership Renewals on 13:48 - Aug 12 with 4336 viewsSmellyplumz

Trust Membership Renewals on 12:33 - Aug 12 by cwmdonkinjack

Me and another family member have rejoined. It's all very well for people to moan and demand change and to expect someone to come in riding on a white charger, but the more members in the Trust, the better. Well done Phil on your re-election.
Let's get ourselves in a better position on the pitch with some loan signings and keep supporting GP. Radical change in club management structure is not what is required 2 games into the season and neither is a divisive legal dispute.
Clearer lines of communication on sales and recruitment and how decisions are made are essential and I hope the Trust can be part of this.
On the commercial front- why no programmes for sale in the ground now we have control and for other merchandising?

It's very clear you don't want change at the club and you are happy with Huw and the board.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Trust Membership Renewals on 19:41 - Aug 12 with 4238 viewscwmdonkinjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 13:48 - Aug 12 by Smellyplumz

It's very clear you don't want change at the club and you are happy with Huw and the board.

I didn't say I was happy with the board and Huw- I'm definitely not happy with the recent window and several preceding it. However, not every decision has been bad e.g. the emergence of 4 of the team from the under 23's ranks yesterday, the presence of previous signings Fer, Olsson and several of the new signings.
What I am saying is that we should not just be mounting a campaign to get rid of the current ownership team without a clear idea of what will replace it.
Having witnessed the overpayment and overspending that caused our near demise in the 80s, I have a sense of perspective about the current disappointments.
Trust Membership Renewals on 22:57 - Aug 12 with 4149 viewsPacemaker

I have rejoined having become somewhat disappointed by the trust in recent years. I am hoping we are at the very least questioning the board on decisions even though we have currently become hamstrung by the sale of the club.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Membership Renewals on 10:05 - Aug 13 with 4050 viewsAlgorfajack

Great post!

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 09:39 - Aug 14 with 3851 viewsbuilthjack

Recruitment drive seems to be going well on here.
What's the aim? 2000 members by the end of September perhaps?
Who's in charge of recruiting new members? Can we have the lowdown now and again.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Trust Membership Renewals on 12:45 - Aug 14 with 3803 viewsSmellyplumz

A lot of fans with short memories signing back up.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Trust Membership Renewals on 16:44 - Aug 14 with 3743 viewsBLAZE

Trust Membership Renewals on 12:45 - Aug 14 by Smellyplumz

It's essentially a new board, with an impressive and improved CV. They deserve full backing until proven otherwise. From what I've read, the majority are pro-legal action, which is what most have cried out for on here. Why wouldn't you back that?
Trust Membership Renewals on 18:53 - Aug 14 with 3687 viewsFlashberryjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 16:44 - Aug 14 by BLAZE

It's essentially a new board, with an impressive and improved CV. They deserve full backing until proven otherwise. From what I've read, the majority are pro-legal action, which is what most have cried out for on here. Why wouldn't you back that?

I've renewed, not that I have full confidence in them after what's gone on, but at this moment of time we have nothing else.

A tiny voice within the club is a lot better than no voice at all (other opinions are available).

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Trust Membership Renewals on 00:28 - Aug 15 with 3590 viewsSmellyplumz

Trust Membership Renewals on 16:44 - Aug 14 by BLAZE

I would back legal action, it's what I voted for when I was a member... More members voted no legal action... If the trust take the action then it will get my backing. Trust its earned not a given and once broken it has to be rebuilt.

I don't feel any connection to the club and although I really don't know most of the new members, I don't feel any connect to the trust, rightly or wrongly it feels that there are a few members of the trust that have a certain arrogance. The above isn't an attack on anyone it's just how I feel. More than anything it's action not words I want to see from the trust.

Trust Membership Renewals on 14:46 - Aug 15 with 3469 viewsMoscowJack

I might have automatically rejoined - I was sent a badge, sticker etc in the post but I'm abroad so don't know whether it was for a renewal or not.

At the moment, I wouldn't choose to join. I'm really glad that there are new faces on the board and those with a better blend of experience too.

That's positive. I'm glad to see certain faces leave and it's good to have someone experienced back to run the ship...but.....I think we need to see the improvements before suddenly deciding to back the Trust 100%. It's like blind trust (excuse the pun) at the moment, as none of us know how this will all turn out.

For example, it would be a good start to get some proper communication from Stu Mac. I'm pretty sure that he's doing some excellent work, but how the f**k can this silence be allowed to go on for so long? Why hasn't anyone on the Trust Board felt embarrassed enough to force the issue, as it is past just being extremely embarrassing now. Once an initial update has been shared, there then needs to be a regular update and preferably some notes in the matchday programme from Stu too.

Rome wasn't built in a day, I appreciate that, but if the "new" Board want the full backing of the fans, they need to show that they have strong intentions to be better than before, not just talk about it.

There are quick wins (low hanging fruit blah blah) and it would be a good start to see some of them being achieved and shared with the fans. There then needs to be a clear strategy for the mid and long term too, which I'm sure evolves around the pending mediation and court case but surely that can't be the only thing going on behind the scenes.

The first good steps have been made, but there needs a lot more to be done to undue a lot of the poor decisions made over the past few years.

In a perfect world, we will hopefully get what we all want and really need (a strong and decisive Trust) but, at the moment, all we have is blind faith and hope that the words and promises are real this time. It would be too easy to forget the past mistakes but at least we should at least feel a bit more confident in the make-up (or set-up) of the Trust Board at the moment.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Trust Membership Renewals on 18:47 - Aug 15 with 3382 viewsbuilthjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 09:39 - Aug 14 by builthjack

Recruitment drive seems to be going well on here.
What's the aim? 2000 members by the end of September perhaps?
Who's in charge of recruiting new members? Can we have the lowdown now and again.

Hello?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Trust Membership Renewals on 19:53 - Aug 15 with 3343 viewsplasjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 18:47 - Aug 15 by builthjack

Hello?

Give the trust a break, they will need the clerical team of an organisation like HMRC to react to people as impatient as you.
Trust Membership Renewals on 20:36 - Aug 15 with 3316 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 18:47 - Aug 15 by builthjack

Hello?

Hello

Apologies I was in London most of yesterday and today was just one of those days

As it stands at the moment there is no membership target but that is driven mainly by a new board in August which will lead to the formation of the sub groups and the ideas in September's board.

To MoscowJack's point, I get what you are saying but the immediate concern is becoming fully up to speed with the mediation process which is closing in on 3 months old and working towards whatever the next steps need to be

On top of that the club have been asked if we can have a regular slot in the programme (we await their answer) and then there is the question and follow up to the transfer window. The wheels are moving quicker than before but still not at the speed I would like

For ease I now have a Swans Trust email so if anyone wants to ask questions direct then it is phil.sumbler@swanstrust.co.uk - I cant promise immediate answers but t is easier to answer to questions posed direct than to keep track of all threads on here

For whatever reason - and it wont change - there will only ever likely be 2/3 people responding to Trust questions on here, others are not keen on forums to respond on.
Trust Membership Renewals on 21:56 - Aug 15 with 3265 viewsMoscowJack

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Phil.

I completely got the importance of the mediation at the moment and there has to be a certain focus on that but I'm sure that means that everything else is put on hold.

At the moment, I feel that we have literally no idea of what's going on day-to-day. I've covered Stu Mac's silence already but there's nothing stopping the Trust from having something like "Programme Notes" every match day on the site until the Club approve that it can happen. In fact, I would have the fact that the request has been made to the club on the news section.....it surely couldn't hurt, could it?

Also, are there community projects ongoing (apart from the schools initiative which seems a bit stuck on Olchfa school at the moment) that could be highlighted? Are there any ideas or discussions going on between the club and Trust (ie ticket prices for upcoming cup games?) that might interest the fans?

I'm not having a pop or having a dig, but I'm just hoping that we see a new energy and freshness that the Trust so desperately needs at the moment. There are some simple things that can make a difference, like having a new website (with regular updates and maybe some positive fan interaction) and definitely updating the "Meet the Board" page as many people don't know who the new Board members are.

I'm feeling more positive for the Trust than I have for quite a while but I really hope that this renewed optimism isn't just giving us false hope.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Trust Membership Renewals on 22:00 - Aug 15 with 3262 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 21:56 - Aug 15 by MoscowJack

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Phil.

I completely got the importance of the mediation at the moment and there has to be a certain focus on that but I'm sure that means that everything else is put on hold.

At the moment, I feel that we have literally no idea of what's going on day-to-day. I've covered Stu Mac's silence already but there's nothing stopping the Trust from having something like "Programme Notes" every match day on the site until the Club approve that it can happen. In fact, I would have the fact that the request has been made to the club on the news section.....it surely couldn't hurt, could it?

Also, are there community projects ongoing (apart from the schools initiative which seems a bit stuck on Olchfa school at the moment) that could be highlighted? Are there any ideas or discussions going on between the club and Trust (ie ticket prices for upcoming cup games?) that might interest the fans?

I'm not having a pop or having a dig, but I'm just hoping that we see a new energy and freshness that the Trust so desperately needs at the moment. There are some simple things that can make a difference, like having a new website (with regular updates and maybe some positive fan interaction) and definitely updating the "Meet the Board" page as many people don't know who the new Board members are.

I'm feeling more positive for the Trust than I have for quite a while but I really hope that this renewed optimism isn't just giving us false hope.

Theres plenty that can be done but people are generally finding their feet and inputting ideas - always happens in the first month

I am sure when August is out (holiday season depletes the board as well) then things will improve

And communications from Stu is a must. Not even up for debate that one

I would continue to add though that the mediation is taking up the time for the more pro-active people on the board (by that I mean those most likely to be providing communication!)

I would say just bear with us, much of what you want will be coming.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Trust Membership Renewals on 23:00 - Aug 15 with 3232 viewsbuilthjack

Thankyou

Trust Membership Renewals on 20:42 - Aug 16 with 3051 viewsbonymine

Trust Membership Renewals on 22:00 - Aug 15 by Phil_S

Theres plenty that can be done but people are generally finding their feet and inputting ideas - always happens in the first month

I am sure when August is out (holiday season depletes the board as well) then things will improve

And communications from Stu is a must. Not even up for debate that one

I would continue to add though that the mediation is taking up the time for the more pro-active people on the board (by that I mean those most likely to be providing communication!)

I would say just bear with us, much of what you want will be coming.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Fingers crossed then Phil that the ‘new regime’ at the Trust will now be far more proactive and indeed aggressive with regards to being more vociferous and commanding in it’s presence .......(sorry but Stu who ?) and thus representing the FANS and OUR Shareholding !!

We don’t want or need any passive sympathisers or ‘Jenkins Puppets’ (ie The Res) on board going forward we need positive people ready to stand up to the Club and fight for our rights for all the FANS.

Wishing you all the best in your new tenure Phil and hopefully many painful lessons have been learned since 2015 which will be taken on board this time around 🤞👍

STID ........Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Trust Membership Renewals on 09:17 - Aug 17 with 2944 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Trust Membership Renewals on 12:45 - Aug 14 by Smellyplumz

A lot of fans with very long memories going back to the 60s 70s 80s know what can happen if the club is run badly and will support the Club and trust by rejoining.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Trust Membership Renewals on 11:22 - Aug 17 with 2900 viewsPolskijack

Renewed yesterday. Are we supposed to get some sort of acknowledgement E.mail that we have done this as I've had nothing so far, apart from a Paypal E.mail confirming that I've paid.
Trust Membership Renewals on 12:17 - Aug 17 with 2875 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 11:22 - Aug 17 by Polskijack

Renewed yesterday. Are we supposed to get some sort of acknowledgement E.mail that we have done this as I've had nothing so far, apart from a Paypal E.mail confirming that I've paid.

Normally yes - the volume of memberships at the moment may delay this slightly but will chase this for you
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024