Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Membership Renewals 22:17 - Aug 7 with 36326 viewsPhil_S

A reminder to everyone that Trust membership is due for renewal on 1st August

You can join online via the link below

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/

Trust Membership Renewals on 13:00 - Aug 17 with 2939 viewsPolskijack

Trust Membership Renewals on 12:17 - Aug 17 by Phil_S

Normally yes - the volume of memberships at the moment may delay this slightly but will chase this for you

No problem Phil, Thanks for the quick reply.
Trust Membership Renewals on 13:14 - Aug 17 with 2932 viewsSmellyplumz

Trust Membership Renewals on 09:17 - Aug 17 by felixstowe_jack

A lot of fans with very long memories going back to the 60s 70s 80s know what can happen if the club is run badly and will support the Club and trust by rejoining.

Well you don't need a long memory for that do you, you only have to look at what's going on now.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 14:18]

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Trust Membership Renewals on 12:59 - Aug 18 with 2727 viewsQJumpingJack

Trust Membership Renewals on 20:36 - Aug 15 by Phil_S

Hello

Apologies I was in London most of yesterday and today was just one of those days

As it stands at the moment there is no membership target but that is driven mainly by a new board in August which will lead to the formation of the sub groups and the ideas in September's board.

To MoscowJack's point, I get what you are saying but the immediate concern is becoming fully up to speed with the mediation process which is closing in on 3 months old and working towards whatever the next steps need to be

On top of that the club have been asked if we can have a regular slot in the programme (we await their answer) and then there is the question and follow up to the transfer window. The wheels are moving quicker than before but still not at the speed I would like

For ease I now have a Swans Trust email so if anyone wants to ask questions direct then it is phil.sumbler@swanstrust.co.uk - I cant promise immediate answers but t is easier to answer to questions posed direct than to keep track of all threads on here

For whatever reason - and it wont change - there will only ever likely be 2/3 people responding to Trust questions on here, others are not keen on forums to respond on.

Firstly, good luck to the new regime.

re: programme notes. Why does the Trust need to ask if they can have a page in the programme?
The Trust are an important part of the club. They should just have the page.

If the Americans / board were to prevent the Trust having their own column then the Trust have to go public about this.

Stuart MacDonald deserves a page much more than the likes of Chris Pearlman.
Trust Membership Renewals on 13:21 - Aug 18 with 2720 viewsGaryjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 12:59 - Aug 18 by QJumpingJack

re: programme notes. Why does the Trust need to ask if they can have a page in the programme?

If the Americans / board were to prevent the Trust having their own column then the Trust have to go public about this.

Good point. In fact they should inform the board that they are taking 21.1% of the programme!
Trust Membership Renewals on 13:33 - Aug 18 with 2713 viewsbarry_island

Trust Membership Renewals on 12:59 - Aug 18 by QJumpingJack

Are we going to know the timescale for mediation? Perhaps we've asked them to get back to us when they have a chance. Building bridges, right.

At this moment I'm looking for reasons to rejoin and am still struggling sadly.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Trust Membership Renewals on 14:32 - Aug 18 with 2679 viewsWingstandwood

Trust Membership Renewals on 13:33 - Aug 18 by barry_island

Are we going to know the timescale for mediation? Perhaps we've asked them to get back to us when they have a chance. Building bridges, right.

Mediation? So far it's been going on for THREE MONTHS! Now (not having a go at SCST here) it does rather raise questions that the Yanks/sell-outs are deliberately dragging their feet with zero-intent to honour any previous agreement that was made even before that three month mediation process.

It is only natural to be suspicious, once-bitten-twice-shy and to think people are now being taken for mugs and maybe are now travelling on a Yankee/sell-out devious route of choice/deceit heading towards a complete and utter dead end. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO AGREE ON SOMETHING THAT WAS AGREED AGES AGO?

Argus!

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:11 - Aug 18 with 2653 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Membership Renewals on 13:33 - Aug 18 by barry_island

Me?

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:12 - Aug 18 with 2651 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 14:32 - Aug 18 by Wingstandwood

Mediation? So far it's been going on for THREE MONTHS! Now (not having a go at SCST here) it does rather raise questions that the Yanks/sell-outs are deliberately dragging their feet with zero-intent to honour any previous agreement that was made even before that three month mediation process.

It is only natural to be suspicious, once-bitten-twice-shy and to think people are now being taken for mugs and maybe are now travelling on a Yankee/sell-out devious route of choice/deceit heading towards a complete and utter dead end. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO AGREE ON SOMETHING THAT WAS AGREED AGES AGO?

Of course there is a timescale on the mediation - a timescale that is not public yet but I am sure will be very soon.

As for the page in the programme, it has been made public it has been asked for, if it doesn't happen then you don't need to be told its been refused
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:18 - Aug 18 with 2647 views3swan

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:12 - Aug 18 by Phil_S

Of course there is a timescale on the mediation - a timescale that is not public yet but I am sure will be very soon.

As for the page in the programme, it has been made public it has been asked for, if it doesn't happen then you don't need to be told its been refused

"
As for the page in the programme, it has been made public it has been asked for, if it doesn't happen then you don't need to be told its been refused"

Sorry Phil don't agree there. Not everyone buys a programme, but may want to know the outcome.

A statement would make it 100% clear with no doubts that a decision hasn't been made
Trust Membership Renewals on 15:28 - Aug 18 with 2637 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:18 - Aug 18 by 3swan

"
As for the page in the programme, it has been made public it has been asked for, if it doesn't happen then you don't need to be told its been refused"

Sorry Phil don't agree there. Not everyone buys a programme, but may want to know the outcome.

A statement would make it 100% clear with no doubts that a decision hasn't been made

I was being flippant Clive - its only been stated on here that we have asked for the page in the programme

It will never get agreed and if it does then it will be so heavily edited its not worth it so the point is it will be publicised

It just gets tiresome reading endless comments from people saying "what is happening and I need reasons to join" when they are already being told things are happening - I'm not going into detail but to get things done at any stage is time consuming and slow, it's only 3 of a board of 15 who will reply on here as an example. It should be more but short of standing over people and forcing them what can I do?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Trust Membership Renewals on 15:34 - Aug 18 with 2619 views3swan

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:28 - Aug 18 by Phil_S

I was being flippant Clive - its only been stated on here that we have asked for the page in the programme

It will never get agreed and if it does then it will be so heavily edited its not worth it so the point is it will be publicised

It just gets tiresome reading endless comments from people saying "what is happening and I need reasons to join" when they are already being told things are happening - I'm not going into detail but to get things done at any stage is time consuming and slow, it's only 3 of a board of 15 who will reply on here as an example. It should be more but short of standing over people and forcing them what can I do?

Good I'll try and read deeper next time.

Now I hope your last statement is flippant as well

"we do have a large part of the board with a complete aversion to being heard"

or it is a concern.

The workings of the Trust should be as open as possible and anything being worked on or asked for should be communicated.

I fail to see why any board member should think otherwise as it is a supporters group and not a closed shop
Trust Membership Renewals on 15:36 - Aug 18 with 2613 viewsWingstandwood

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:12 - Aug 18 by Phil_S

Great to know there is a definite time scale/cut-off point, cos if the sellouts could get away dragging 'mediation' into eternity and beyond to get away with 'previous' they imo (many others think similar also?) darn well would!!!!

Argus!

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:38 - Aug 18 with 2610 views3swan

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:28 - Aug 18 by Phil_S

I fully agree but a short weekly statement on the Trust website would help.

I know there will be critics if it basically says no updates (damned if you do damned if you don't)

It does take away the have I missed a post?
Trust Membership Renewals on 15:40 - Aug 18 with 2604 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:36 - Aug 18 by Wingstandwood

Great to know there is a definite time scale/cut-off point, cos if the sellouts could get away dragging 'mediation' into eternity and beyond to get away with 'previous' they imo (many others think similar also?) darn well would!!!!

Its not an open ended invite - I cant tell you any cut off dates (which I am sure you understand) but time is pressing on very quickly
Trust Membership Renewals on 15:41 - Aug 18 with 2600 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:38 - Aug 18 by 3swan

I fully agree but a short weekly statement on the Trust website would help.

I know there will be critics if it basically says no updates (damned if you do damned if you don't)

It does take away the have I missed a post?

I know it would. But I amreluctant to commit to that being a 'thing' unless I can guarantee that it will appear on a weekly basis
Trust Membership Renewals on 15:47 - Aug 18 with 2584 views3swan

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:41 - Aug 18 by Phil_S

I know it would. But I amreluctant to commit to that being a 'thing' unless I can guarantee that it will appear on a weekly basis

Fair point, and I wish you well in trying to change the apparent mindset of other board members who seem not to see the importance of keeping the world informed.
Trust Membership Renewals on 15:49 - Aug 18 with 2578 viewsWingstandwood

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:40 - Aug 18 by Phil_S

Its not an open ended invite - I cant tell you any cut off dates (which I am sure you understand) but time is pressing on very quickly

Yeah, fully understand that you've got to take into consideration advice from SCST trust legal representation and cannot not put everything into the public domain.

IMO anything that wrongfoots the 'opposition' or strategically keeps it in the dark so to gain an upper hand/advantage is also a good thing i.e. never reveal the aces (or amount of) that are being held .

Argus!

Trust Membership Renewals on 16:21 - Aug 18 with 2557 viewsbarry_island

Trust Membership Renewals on 15:11 - Aug 18 by exiledclaseboy

Me?

Nah, I'm looking for policies not personalities.

I know Phil and yourself will express disappointment but there it is. At least the two of you communicate, along with Uxbridge but...

I still can't understand why the mediation timescale can't be made public even from a legal perspective.

The Supporter Director gives supporters no direction, so I struggle to see what his role is. Undoubtedly he probably does lots we don't hear about but I keep thinking that makes him a helpful team member rather than the desperately needed leader.

And, the Putinesque way the last "legal action" vote was presented to members continues to rankle with me. I still fear the next vote will be presented with another "recommended" way for members to vote.

Probably just me being Dr Facking Thick.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 16:25]

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Trust Membership Renewals on 16:26 - Aug 18 with 2552 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Membership Renewals on 16:21 - Aug 18 by barry_island

Nah, I'm looking for policies not personalities.

I know Phil and yourself will express disappointment but there it is. At least the two of you communicate, along with Uxbridge but...

I still can't understand why the mediation timescale can't be made public even from a legal perspective.

The Supporter Director gives supporters no direction, so I struggle to see what his role is. Undoubtedly he probably does lots we don't hear about but I keep thinking that makes him a helpful team member rather than the desperately needed leader.

And, the Putinesque way the last "legal action" vote was presented to members continues to rankle with me. I still fear the next vote will be presented with another "recommended" way for members to vote.

Probably just me being Dr Facking Thick.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 16:25]

You could never disappoint me, Baz.

Legal advice up to this point has been to say nothing publicly about the mediation other than what’s been in the email updates to members. We’re hoping we can be more open on that soon. Or at least I am.

I agree about the SD, he should be much more public facing and communicative.

I wasn’t on the board at the time of the last vote so I can’t comment on what was said and why. If there’s to be a further vote my preference at the moment would be to present the options to members without a recommended course of action.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:06 - Aug 18 with 2528 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 16:26 - Aug 18 by exiledclaseboy

Legal advice up to this point has been to say nothing publicly about the mediation other than what’s been in the email updates to members. We’re hoping we can be more open on that soon. Or at least I am.

I wasn’t on the board at the time of the last vote so I can’t comment on what was said and why. If there’s to be a further vote my preference at the moment would be to present the options to members without a recommended course of action.

And mine
Trust Membership Renewals on 18:13 - Aug 18 with 2488 viewsNeathJack

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:06 - Aug 18 by Phil_S

And mine

If that was to be the case, I'd be surprised if the vote went the way of litigation.

Unless the make up of the membership has changed considerably over the summer, that is.
Trust Membership Renewals on 18:21 - Aug 18 with 2485 viewsUplandsJack

Trust Membership Renewals on 16:26 - Aug 18 by exiledclaseboy

Well sorry but for me, nothing regarding Stu Mac has changed and the guy needs to at least move sideways or even possibly resign completely.
He may be a great guy in every other way, but as the supporters director, he is totally silent. Therefore seemingly useless.
You can't tell me he isn't, or hasn't at least been made aware of the many, many complaints that he needs to be more vocal to the members he is supposedly representing. The recent election results surely told everyone beyond any doubt that the members wanted vocal reps on the board. Yet almost a month on, still nothing......

This is supposedly a time for change. Shape up or simply ship out!!!
Trust Membership Renewals on 19:10 - Aug 18 with 2442 viewsplasjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 18:13 - Aug 18 by NeathJack

If that was to be the case, I'd be surprised if the vote went the way of litigation.

Unless the make up of the membership has changed considerably over the summer, that is.

If we go down the litigation route, the trust has limited funds and could only afford run of the mill solicitors and barristers.
Where as the owners have vast sums to employ a top notch legal team.
Trust Membership Renewals on 19:11 - Aug 18 with 2440 viewsNeathJack

Trust Membership Renewals on 19:10 - Aug 18 by plasjack

If we go down the litigation route, the trust has limited funds and could only afford run of the mill solicitors and barristers.
Where as the owners have vast sums to employ a top notch legal team.

And if we don't , we're f*cked.
Trust Membership Renewals on 22:10 - Aug 18 with 2342 viewsLoyal

Would be nice to be kept updated as to the membership increase and further efforts to increase it further by the trust.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024