Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Membership Renewals 22:17 - Aug 7 with 36228 viewsPhil_S

A reminder to everyone that Trust membership is due for renewal on 1st August

You can join online via the link below

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/

Trust Membership Renewals on 23:51 - Aug 18 with 3739 viewslonglostjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 19:10 - Aug 18 by plasjack

If we go down the litigation route, the trust has limited funds and could only afford run of the mill solicitors and barristers.
Where as the owners have vast sums to employ a top notch legal team.

Oh ye of little faith.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust Membership Renewals on 07:44 - Aug 19 with 3676 viewsbarry_island

If we go down the litigation route, the trust has limited funds and could only afford run of the mill solicitors and barristers.

If the club can afford the bestest, brainiest, brilliantest lawyers perhaps we should expect at least 4 loans in this week.

Just smile.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Trust Membership Renewals on 08:24 - Aug 19 with 3650 viewsbarry_island

Trust Membership Renewals on 18:13 - Aug 18 by NeathJack

If that was to be the case, I'd be surprised if the vote went the way of litigation.

Unless the make up of the membership has changed considerably over the summer, that is.

Perhaps you are right NJ and we should be looking for another recommendation????

In the interests of balance against the last recommendation it should be along the lines of:

Do you want:

1) to go to litigation to recover the full value of our 21.1% shareholding knowing that if we lose we have to start again from scratch but still owning 21.1% of the club

Or

2) to witness the slow but inevitable marginalisation of the Trust by owners we struggle to work with.

Whatever happens there'll be voices saying it's an unnecessary distraction which will affect the club, remember what happened in the 70s, 80s 00s, we are the worst fans in the world etc. Just remember the Trust didn't start this distraction. That responsibility lies elsewhere.

Rejoined.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 8:44]

Trust Membership Renewals on 11:08 - Aug 19 with 3577 viewsexiledclaseboy

While it’s true that the Trust has limited funds there are options available that makes that less of an issue.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Membership Renewals on 11:56 - Aug 19 with 3544 viewsmonmouth

Trust Membership Renewals on 11:08 - Aug 19 by exiledclaseboy

While it’s true that the Trust has limited funds there are options available that makes that less of an issue.

Obviously not looking for confidential stuff, but any time limit on mediation?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Membership Renewals on 11:59 - Aug 19 with 3537 viewsmonmouth

Trust Membership Renewals on 13:33 - Aug 18 by barry_island

Are we going to know the timescale for mediation? Perhaps we've asked them to get back to us when they have a chance. Building bridges, right.

At this moment I'm looking for reasons to rejoin and am still struggling sadly.

Just catching up, soz.

Trust Membership Renewals on 12:09 - Aug 19 with 3528 viewsmonmouth

Trust Membership Renewals on 20:57 - Aug 11 by Garyjack

Not sure whether it's been touched on before, but the very fact life long fans and shareholders of our club asked potential share purchasers not to inform a 21.1% shareholder of their intention to sell, and got the "Ye ok" from them, shows that they knew they were selling to some unscrupulous people. But they went ahead anyway. Nothing to do with the yanks taking the club forward. It was ALL about cashing in and to hell with the consequences of it. Yet there are STILL people on the trust board who wish to form a working relationship with them because they haven't got the vision or balls to see any other way. I will rejoin Phil, simply because there are those on board now that will strive to do right for our club. I sincerely hope you are successful.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 22:12]

Fantastic stuff Gary.

Are you Ill?

🤣🤣

Trust Membership Renewals on 12:21 - Aug 19 with 3516 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Membership Renewals on 11:56 - Aug 19 by monmouth

Obviously not looking for confidential stuff, but any time limit on mediation?

Yes there is.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Membership Renewals on 12:34 - Aug 19 with 3502 viewsmonmouth

Trust Membership Renewals on 12:21 - Aug 19 by exiledclaseboy

Yes there is.

Thank you. So much more optimistic about the Trust now, inside or outside the tent. I still want Lisa or similar as Supporter Director mind. Glad to see Ux as vice chair too.

As someone else said. Please don’t f**k it up again.

Trust Membership Renewals on 16:19 - Aug 19 with 3404 viewsNeath_Jack

Could one of the Trust bods answer me this simple question.

Why is communication still a problem? For at least two years we've had board members coming on here acknowledging that it is a problem and they are addressing it, but nothing has changed. Why is that? What is the issue?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Trust Membership Renewals on 16:20 - Aug 19 with 3402 viewsJackfath

Trust Membership Renewals on 16:19 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

Why is communication still a problem? For at least two years we've had board members coming on here acknowledging that it is a problem and they are addressing it, but nothing has changed. Why is that? What is the issue?

Is the fella who set up the secret members only facebook group still involved?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Trust Membership Renewals on 16:51 - Aug 19 with 3386 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Membership Renewals on 16:19 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

At least part of the problem is getting agreement on what to say and when. The process of agreeing statements etc can be torturous with the range of views on the Board. The there’s the legal advice to say pretty much nothing publicly about the ongoing legal/mediation process which makes it seem like nothing is happening. A lot if the board members don’t use forums like this and/or social media (I hardly ever look at Facebook myself amd deliberately steer clear of trust stuff on twitter cos I don’t want to conflate my own views with “trust” views).

There are plans in place for more regular comms from Phil as chair abd hopefully Stu as SD which should go some way to making a difference. We’re also hoping for a forum next month amd these should be far more regular in my opinion.

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:06 - Aug 19 with 3378 viewsNeath_Jack

Trust Membership Renewals on 16:51 - Aug 19 by exiledclaseboy

At least part of the problem is getting agreement on what to say and when. The process of agreeing statements etc can be torturous with the range of views on the Board. The there’s the legal advice to say pretty much nothing publicly about the ongoing legal/mediation process which makes it seem like nothing is happening. A lot if the board members don’t use forums like this and/or social media (I hardly ever look at Facebook myself amd deliberately steer clear of trust stuff on twitter cos I don’t want to conflate my own views with “trust” views).

There are plans in place for more regular comms from Phil as chair abd hopefully Stu as SD which should go some way to making a difference. We’re also hoping for a forum next month amd these should be far more regular in my opinion.

I didn't necessarily mean updates about the legal stuff, just in general.

Your last paragraph is what has been said over and over for years.

For example, when i chair any meetings, the minutes are out the next day. Looking at the Trust minutes, they're hardly encyclopedic, yet they take an age to get produced.

I know people are volunteers, but surely things can move quicker than what they do? There's loads on the board, and quite a few who are retired?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:09 - Aug 19 with 3377 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:06 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

I didn't necessarily mean updates about the legal stuff, just in general.

Your last paragraph is what has been said over and over for years.

For example, when i chair any meetings, the minutes are out the next day. Looking at the Trust minutes, they're hardly encyclopedic, yet they take an age to get produced.

I know people are volunteers, but surely things can move quicker than what they do? There's loads on the board, and quite a few who are retired?

I can’t diagree with you. The minutes should be out quicker than they are but the plans for regular comms from Phil at least will definitely come to fruition.

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:23 - Aug 19 with 3359 viewslonglostjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:09 - Aug 19 by exiledclaseboy

I can’t diagree with you. The minutes should be out quicker than they are but the plans for regular comms from Phil at least will definitely come to fruition.

Talking of forums, would it be possible to hold a couple on the morning of match days? Living a fair distance from Swansea makes it impossible to attend on weekday evenings.

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:25 - Aug 19 with 3356 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:23 - Aug 19 by longlostjack

Talking of forums, would it be possible to hold a couple on the morning of match days? Living a fair distance from Swansea makes it impossible to attend on weekday evenings.

I’ll pass in the suggestion but as they mostly tend to be at the Liberty I’d imagine match days would be a non starter. And I’d need to be in the pub by 12. 😱

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:28 - Aug 19 with 3349 viewsJackfath

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:25 - Aug 19 by exiledclaseboy

I’ll pass in the suggestion but as they mostly tend to be at the Liberty I’d imagine match days would be a non starter. And I’d need to be in the pub by 12. 😱

Here's another suggestion...

Tours of the stadium for groups of Trust members. A good way of getting more kids to join up.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:29 - Aug 19 with 3349 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:28 - Aug 19 by Jackfath

Here's another suggestion...

Tours of the stadium for groups of Trust members. A good way of getting more kids to join up.

I’ll pass that on too

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:39 - Aug 19 with 3335 viewsbarry_island

How about meetings elsewhere in Swansea, ones where you don't need the headmaster's permission. I'm sure there's lots of locations in Swansea that would welcome extra Saturday morning / lunchtime trade. The Grand / Hyst / Dragon spring immediately to mind.

Trust Membership Renewals on 18:05 - Aug 19 with 3312 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 17:39 - Aug 19 by barry_island

How about meetings elsewhere in Swansea, ones where you don't need the headmaster's permission. I'm sure there's lots of locations in Swansea that would welcome extra Saturday morning / lunchtime trade. The Grand / Hyst / Dragon spring immediately to mind.

Personally I would not host any forums on a matchday morning. It would mean me not being in attendance and I suspect that it would be less well attended

Online Q&A would be the way to go to allow more people to attend - should be no reason why we cannot do this thus the need to be in Swansea is negated

There are plans for much more communication but trust me at the moment - Clasey's comment on it being tortuous is an understatement. I have proposals that will again kill that off
Trust Membership Renewals on 18:40 - Aug 19 with 3283 viewslonglostjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 18:05 - Aug 19 by Phil_S

Personally I would not host any forums on a matchday morning. It would mean me not being in attendance and I suspect that it would be less well attended

Online Q&A would be the way to go to allow more people to attend - should be no reason why we cannot do this thus the need to be in Swansea is negated

There are plans for much more communication but trust me at the moment - Clasey's comment on it being tortuous is an understatement. I have proposals that will again kill that off

Uxbridge could deputise. Perhaps it would be poorly attended but maybe not. Worth a try. If it flops it flops. Take your point regarding online Q+A - providing it’s more reliable than Swans TV ;-)

Trust Membership Renewals on 19:09 - Aug 19 with 3264 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 18:40 - Aug 19 by longlostjack

Uxbridge could deputise. Perhaps it would be poorly attended but maybe not. Worth a try. If it flops it flops. Take your point regarding online Q+A - providing it’s more reliable than Swans TV ;-)

Could be worth a try - I'm sure Uxy will thank you too for giving up his Saturday morning
Trust Membership Renewals on 20:17 - Aug 19 with 3223 viewslonglostjack

Trust Membership Renewals on 19:09 - Aug 19 by Phil_S

Could be worth a try - I'm sure Uxy will thank you too for giving up his Saturday morning

What’s with a Saturday morning Phil? Have more problems convincing her indoors that I’m going to watch the Swans in the local Irish pub on a Tuesday night at 9.15 .

Trust Membership Renewals on 20:21 - Aug 19 with 3212 viewsPhil_S

Trust Membership Renewals on 20:17 - Aug 19 by longlostjack

What’s with a Saturday morning Phil? Have more problems convincing her indoors that I’m going to watch the Swans in the local Irish pub on a Tuesday night at 9.15 .

Saturday mornings to me have always been precious - think its because work and everything takes up so much in the week that I refuse to give up Saturday mornings
Trust Membership Renewals on 21:06 - Aug 19 with 3178 viewsUxbridge

Trust Membership Renewals on 19:09 - Aug 19 by Phil_S

Ha!

Probably been said before, but the big challenge with match day forums around the stadium is logistics. Can't host at stadium or Landore (we've asked), and any other venue will mean having to travel to the ground. Not impossible but major challenges.

We do have venues around the stadium though where Trust Board members will be in attendance, such as upstairs in Landore and the Pod. Any questions can be asked and will be answered honestly and as openly as possible. I'll be at one of those on Tuesday, and probably Saturday too.

Phil's got a point regarding it can be difficult to juggle all commitments with trying to be as accessible as possible but we do try. Good news is that I think everyone on the board buys in to needing to share that workload in terms of talking to the fans.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024