Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FD: Ban heading? 16:30 - Aug 8 with 1933 viewscwm02

Brain injury expert calls for a ban on heading in football, according to a BBC article
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45110282

Do you agree or disagree?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 19:16]
Ban heading? on 17:00 - Aug 8 with 1866 viewspembsjack

For the sake of the game id hate to see it banned, However after seeing the documentary Alan Shearer did on it not long ago I could understand why its being called for.
Ban heading? on 17:06 - Aug 8 with 1851 viewsJango

Ludicrous suggestion and it will never happen. Too much sitting down can be terrible for your health but nobodies suggesting banning sitting down at work.

We also need to remember the balls are not as heavy as they once were.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 17:09]
Ban heading? on 17:12 - Aug 8 with 1840 viewssg1912

I think from U16s down they should revert to 5 a side rules, It would make young players technically better and reduce injuries in developing brains.
Ban heading? on 17:17 - Aug 8 with 1824 viewsJango

Ban heading? on 17:12 - Aug 8 by sg1912

I think from U16s down they should revert to 5 a side rules, It would make young players technically better and reduce injuries in developing brains.

I can see the argument for that but then there’s a case for not all footballers that make it big being technically gifted. Also how do goalkeepers learn to command their box from corners, come out to punch etc?
Ban heading? on 18:06 - Aug 8 with 1740 viewssainthelens

Someone needs to tell Tom Carroll there isn't a ban.
Ban heading? on 18:20 - Aug 8 with 1712 viewsphact0rri

I'd think they'd outfit players with scrumcaps or make the footballs out of tweed before they'd ban heading.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Ban heading? on 18:43 - Aug 8 with 1695 viewsperplex

99.9% of ex footballers die from other things, just saying.
Ban heading? on 18:48 - Aug 8 with 1681 viewsJackfath

Ban heading? on 18:43 - Aug 8 by perplex

99.9% of ex footballers die from other things, just saying.

Source?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Ban heading? on 19:08 - Aug 8 with 1654 viewsperplex

Ban heading? on 18:48 - Aug 8 by Jackfath

Source?

Andrew McEvoy, also if you would like to be precise go through a list of the last 200 ex footballer cause of deaths, it`s all speculation at the moment with the added problem of Doctors exaggerating to try and make a name for themselves, similar to all of the Doctors who have made claims on various cancer treatments and cures which turn out to be worthless claims, so until they show us concrete evidence just treat the claims with a wry smile.
FD: Ban heading? on 04:22 - Aug 9 with 1525 viewsJack_Kass

Its the way the game is going.

All heading banned for U12 and under in the US.

Lets be honest, if the game was invented tomorrow, and somebody suggested using the head, they'd be called an idiot.

The game will be unrecognisable from the past and present day, in 20 years time.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024