Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Betrayed by Huw and board again 13:52 - Aug 9 with 15025 viewsmagicdaps10

The end is nigh.

These yanks will have the club on the market soon.

I just hope Potter and what he has left can pull together this season.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 13:54 - Aug 9 with 6210 viewsLoyal

Potter has continually reinforced the loan market is an option, but fck kniws why we would leave it until the end of the month.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 13:54 - Aug 9 with 6194 viewsHugeEnkins

We already knew all the big shots were going to leave. The lack of signings is depressing but then why fork out for players when you can loan then and pocket the transfer cash.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 13:56 - Aug 9 with 6143 viewsLandore_Jack

I wouldn't be surprised if Potter and Reid walked away. What a mess!

#backtojack

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:05 - Aug 9 with 6017 viewsShaky

Must say I find the savage culling of the old squad that seems to be in progress highly encouraging for the long term future of the club.

I really didn't think Jenkins had the management balls to take the butchers knife to the organisation like he appears to be doing, especially given what must have been the bitter disappointment over the sale prices so far agreed.

Easy to fall into depression and lethargy under those circumstances but he appears to be powering though with a plan. I am actually more than a little impressed.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:08 - Aug 9 with 5981 viewsAngelRangelQS

So the players we all expected to leave are leaving...

Hopefully we can get a couple in today and one or two on loan in the next couple of weeks
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:10 - Aug 9 with 5920 viewsswan65split

I should imagine its all about the "investors" not putting any money into the investment, parachute payments???? yes enough said.
admittedly most that have gone weren't good enough, but we may be bordering on the edge with what i see atm coming in, i just hope Potter is the man, as its proved HJ wasn't.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:20 - Aug 9 with 5804 viewslonglostjack

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 13:54 - Aug 9 by HugeEnkins

We already knew all the big shots were going to leave. The lack of signings is depressing but then why fork out for players when you can loan then and pocket the transfer cash.

So how much has been raised by player sales now? Add that to the parachute payment for this season less expenditure to date. What does that leave? We’ve clearly reduced the wage bill massively. Fecking massaging the figures for the sales prospectus that’s what the batards are doing.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:21 - Aug 9 with 5781 viewslondonlisa2001

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:08 - Aug 9 by AngelRangelQS

So the players we all expected to leave are leaving...

Hopefully we can get a couple in today and one or two on loan in the next couple of weeks

We have a game on Saturday.
Login to get fewer ads

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:23 - Aug 9 with 5717 viewsLeonWasGod

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:21 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

Pft. A minor technicality. Dyer can leap like a salmon - he'll be fine at centre half.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:27 - Aug 9 with 5663 viewslondonlisa2001

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:05 - Aug 9 by Shaky

Must say I find the savage culling of the old squad that seems to be in progress highly encouraging for the long term future of the club.

I really didn't think Jenkins had the management balls to take the butchers knife to the organisation like he appears to be doing, especially given what must have been the bitter disappointment over the sale prices so far agreed.

Easy to fall into depression and lethargy under those circumstances but he appears to be powering though with a plan. I am actually more than a little impressed.

Restructuring has two sides to it.

Unless we see another side there’s nothing to find impressive.

Anyone can cut costs to be frank. Easiest thing in the world to sell or loan out players for small enough sums to get rid of them.

Even Petty managed to do that.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:28 - Aug 9 with 5631 viewsAngelRangelQS

Thanks for pointing out the obvious but in the grand scheme of things it’s an irrelevance. We are at the moment one starting position down.

Or is one game on Saturday more important than getting the right squad in place?
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:41 - Aug 9 with 5551 viewsSTID2017

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:28 - Aug 9 by AngelRangelQS

Thanks for pointing out the obvious but in the grand scheme of things it’s an irrelevance. We are at the moment one starting position down.

Or is one game on Saturday more important than getting the right squad in place?

At this moment which one of the starting 11 has gone ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:52 - Aug 9 with 5438 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:27 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

Restructuring has two sides to it.

Unless we see another side there’s nothing to find impressive.

Anyone can cut costs to be frank. Easiest thing in the world to sell or loan out players for small enough sums to get rid of them.

Even Petty managed to do that.

Anyone can cut costs on paper.

Sitting at a desk on the opposite side of those costs and actually sacking them face to face and telling them they are no longer wanted is a completely different matter.

And doing that again and again for a sustained period under pressure takes a special type of individual; the callous management bastard.

I know people who can do that and it is standard practice for big buy-out type investors to maintain contact lists of people who can be parachuted in to do that sort of thing, but I certainly couldn't myself. And it is a reflection of my relatively positive opinion of you that I don't for a second believe you could either.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:54 - Aug 9 with 5396 viewsTom1912

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:52 - Aug 9 by Shaky

Sitting at a desk on the opposite side of those costs and actually sacking them face to face and telling them they are no longer wanted is a completely different matter.

And doing that again and again for a sustained period under pressure takes a special type of individual; the callous management bastard.

I know people who can do that and it is standard practice for big buy-out type investors to maintain contact lists of people who can be parachuted in to do that sort of thing, but I certainly couldn't myself. And it is a reflection of my relatively positive opinion of you that I don't for a second believe you could either.

We're getting rid of people who don't want to be here mun.

They're probably going to him to say they want out.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:56 - Aug 9 with 5357 viewsShaky

. . .for sure Steve Kaplan knows many, many individuals who fit that profile. And without knowing what is going on in the club it is quite possible he has parachuted his own guy in there to wield the knife.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:57 - Aug 9 with 5312 viewsAngelRangelQS

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:41 - Aug 9 by STID2017

At this moment which one of the starting 11 has gone ?

Well Billy Reid has all but confirmed Fernandez is off so him, basically
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:58 - Aug 9 with 5306 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:54 - Aug 9 by Tom1912

We're getting rid of people who don't want to be here mun.

They're probably going to him to say they want out.

Of course there is an element of that.

Jenkins is presiding over the dismemberment of his life's work. As i said; management balls.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:58 - Aug 9 with 5299 viewsMrSwerve

It's incredible how many are talking about this loan window and ignoring the fact that we have a game on Saturday to perform in. All games have 3 points up for grabs so it is just as important as the final game of the season. We can't just write off the PNE game.

We can't afford to spend the next two games with VDH as our only CB with any experience worth noting.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 15:01 - Aug 9 with 5233 viewsE20Jack

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:28 - Aug 9 by AngelRangelQS

Correct, great chance for Joe Rodon to step up.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 15:16 - Aug 9 with 5138 viewslondonlisa2001

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:52 - Aug 9 by Shaky

That’s not what’s happening though.

We aren’t sacking people. We are agreeing to let them go out on loan or sale to other clubs when the6 want to leave.

Clubs that are better placed than we are.

Doesn’t need a callous bastard to do that. The callous bastard would say stay and play unless we get the right deal and the right replacement and I don’t care if you sulk.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:03 - Aug 9 with 5000 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 15:16 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

That’s not what’s happening though.

We aren’t sacking people. We are agreeing to let them go out on loan or sale to other clubs when the6 want to leave.

Clubs that are better placed than we are.

Doesn’t need a callous bastard to do that. The callous bastard would say stay and play unless we get the right deal and the right replacement and I don’t care if you sulk.

I was speaking more in general terms about the nature of cost cutting.

And I still think Jenkins or whoever is at the helm deserves considerable credit for keeping their cool and processing the number of player moves that are going down.

Sangfroid is always an admirable quality, and somebody has undoubtedly done the sums and figured out where the salary budget needs to be and is ruthlessly going for it.

Much better to have some on-field uncertainty in the near term than an elevated risk of foreclosure in the medium term.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:05 - Aug 9 with 4947 viewslondonlisa2001

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:03 - Aug 9 by Shaky

I was speaking more in general terms about the nature of cost cutting.

And I still think Jenkins or whoever is at the helm deserves considerable credit for keeping their cool and processing the number of player moves that are going down.

Sangfroid is always an admirable quality, and somebody has undoubtedly done the sums and figured out where the salary budget needs to be and is ruthlessly going for it.

Much better to have some on-field uncertainty in the near term than an elevated risk of foreclosure in the medium term.

No one at the club deserves any credit Shaky. Not talking Potter etc.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:09 - Aug 9 with 4868 viewsAce_Jack

Asset stripping what's left before they can f**k off by the looks of it. At least we know where the parachute payments will be going.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:10 - Aug 9 with 4856 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:05 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

No one at the club deserves any credit Shaky. Not talking Potter etc.

I'll grant you expectation were low.

But when i set out what was needed in terms of slashing costs at the end of last season I expected them to fail. Miserably.

Seems to me they may actually be on course to succeed in getting cash-flow within striking distance of neutral, and that is a significant achievement.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:12 - Aug 9 with 4806 viewslondonlisa2001

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:10 - Aug 9 by Shaky

I'll grant you expectation were low.

But when i set out what was needed in terms of slashing costs at the end of last season I expected them to fail. Miserably.

Seems to me they may actually be on course to succeed in getting cash-flow within striking distance of neutral, and that is a significant achievement.

We don’t have a team.

Which is, obviously, just a tiny issue.

As I said, any fool can slash costs while decimating the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024