Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Betrayed by Huw and board again 13:52 - Aug 9 with 15021 viewsmagicdaps10

The end is nigh.

These yanks will have the club on the market soon.

I just hope Potter and what he has left can pull together this season.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 19:18 - Aug 9 with 2464 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:35 - Aug 9 by clloy2

Cmon lets not forget the sale we were told was to enable the new owners (I won't call them investors) to take us to the next level, due to their global reach and greater finances. Now we are told they have actually got us in debt to the tune of £85m, whilst at the same time destroying a huge chunk of our asset base namely the playing squad.
You seem to want us to congratulate them for cleaning up the mess they created in the first place- or have i missed something

. . . In fact the first bit is not right.

The debt had already substantially been taken on before Kaplan's group came in.

And had been used to finance the squad, because there was no share capital to do so.

Therefore, once the debt had to be repaid, the only way to do so was to sell the assets it had financed; the squad.

And as debt retrenchments go this is actually a fairly orderly affair; think for example Greece! Swansea have some potential in the squad and the possibility to tweak a little once the dust settles from today. It could have been much, much worse.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 19:19 - Aug 9 with 2458 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 19:16 - Aug 9 by cwm02

Now it has been confirmed. J Ayew has joined Palace on a season-long loan. Wished it was permanent

Post it on the appropriate thread then shitferbrainz.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 19:25 - Aug 9 with 2411 viewsShaky

OT - Anybody remember what Dim's prophesies were about Cardiff going down financially because of Tan's reliance on debt finance?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 12:43 - Nov 12 with 2149 views_

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:27 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

Restructuring has two sides to it.

Unless we see another side there’s nothing to find impressive.

Anyone can cut costs to be frank. Easiest thing in the world to sell or loan out players for small enough sums to get rid of them.

Even Petty managed to do that.

Nothing to find impressive

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 12:46 - Nov 12 with 2131 views_

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:05 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

No one at the club deserves any credit Shaky. Not talking Potter etc.

Shameful

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 12:47 - Nov 12 with 2124 views_

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:12 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

We don’t have a team.

Which is, obviously, just a tiny issue.

As I said, any fool can slash costs while decimating the club.

We don't have a team??

And this from the Trust.....??!!

Awful to read back.

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 12:50 - Nov 12 with 2112 views_

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:28 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

To take a look at the squad that we have. Work out what we want. Have a plan to get from one to another over two windows.

What we have done is sell anything at all that we’ve received offers for at the end of the window, in a mad panic, having turned down money early on that would have allowed proper planning. We’ve acted last minute irrespective of the squad, replacements, positions, etc etc etc.

So we’re left with 7 wingers (Routledge, Dyer, Montero, Asoro, McKay, Narsingh, James) and one centre half and one forward.

We needed to cut our costs, of course, but we also needed to be left with a team. Not a team that could challenge for promotion, but one on which we could build a new future.

Dithering at the start of the window and taking three weeks to appoint the manager that everyone knew was coming didn’t help.

"""We needed to cut our costs, of course, but we also needed to be left with a team. Not a team that could challenge for promotion, but one on which we could build a new future"""

Wow.

Surely she must be considering resigning from the Trust? Especially because it was this exact type of Bullshit post that was stoking the fires of fans who wanted to protest and cause trouble.

That's our Trust for you

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 12:53 - Nov 12 with 2103 views_

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:48 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

Successful restructure only works when it’s being done simultaneously. It’s not a linear process.

Supposedly this was understood and planned...

Apology to Shaky needed from Lisa and to the rest of us, or a resignation

Login to get fewer ads

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 12:55 - Nov 12 with 2096 views_

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:07 - Aug 9 by icecoldjack

The only shocking thing in all this is that people appear to be shocked !!

All fans apart from maybe the Res knew what the score was gonna be, if thy cared about the club they wouldn't have sold it to people with zero cash, if the yanks were genuine they'd have started off with a marquee signing such as Joe Allen, i've been saying this for years and been taking pelters for it as a few flukes masked poor season after poor season.

We've only spent money after selling players, most normal clubs secure the player they wnt before letting another fook off, we do it the opposite way, buy with 7 hrs left of the window and grab any old rubbish off the bare shelves of football world.

We fans have deserved this, far too many have been sticking their head in the sand for too long, the trust has been a joke and stood by and did nothing, the fans have pretty much done the same.

Fingers crossed for Potter now, the bloke deserves a fair crack, i know the fans will be behind him and the players 100% our owners have slit the throat of the club and are drinking its blood as we type .

Drinking its blood sitting 5 points off autos and handing out strong contracts to our real star younger players

Clueless kunt.

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 16:47 - Nov 12 with 1901 viewsShaky

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 14:05 - Aug 9 by Shaky

Must say I find the savage culling of the old squad that seems to be in progress highly encouraging for the long term future of the club.

I really didn't think Jenkins had the management balls to take the butchers knife to the organisation like he appears to be doing, especially given what must have been the bitter disappointment over the sale prices so far agreed.

Easy to fall into depression and lethargy under those circumstances but he appears to be powering though with a plan. I am actually more than a little impressed.

Great bump from the stopped permanently pro owner clock.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:54 - Nov 12 with 1790 viewsthornabyswan

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 12:55 - Nov 12 by _

Drinking its blood sitting 5 points off autos and handing out strong contracts to our real star younger players

Clueless kunt.

Is Roberts getting one I wonder

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:56 - Nov 12 with 1784 viewsDr_Winston

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:54 - Nov 12 by thornabyswan

If he doesn't it won't be through lack of trying apparently.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:23 - Nov 12 with 1712 views_

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 17:54 - Nov 12 by thornabyswan

Yes.

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:38 - Nov 12 with 1681 viewsjasper_T

The rumour according to Alan Nixon is that there's some distance between what the club are offering and what Roberts' people are asking for. They know they're in a strong bargaining position and want to take the fullest advantage of it.

Wouldn't be surprised if it goes the way of Ramsey and Arsenal tbh.
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:50 - Nov 12 with 1643 viewsicecoldjack

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 12:55 - Nov 12 by _

Clueless kunt.

And if we'd have done it right we'd be top of the league and cruising .

Let's hope Fer,VDH and Roberts sign new deals, but more to the point why arn't they already secured ?
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 19:44 - Nov 12 with 1553 viewsicecoldjack

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 18:38 - Nov 12 by jasper_T

The rumour according to Alan Nixon is that there's some distance between what the club are offering and what Roberts' people are asking for. They know they're in a strong bargaining position and want to take the fullest advantage of it.

Wouldn't be surprised if it goes the way of Ramsey and Arsenal tbh.

Roberts broke into the team last season, and it was quite clear to everyone he was an asset,if the plan was to use him the following season then surely it was basic logic to secure him early before he started really making a name for himself .
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 20:04 - Nov 12 with 1504 viewsItchySphincter

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 19:44 - Nov 12 by icecoldjack

Roberts broke into the team last season, and it was quite clear to everyone he was an asset,if the plan was to use him the following season then surely it was basic logic to secure him early before he started really making a name for himself .

I’d love to see Roberts signed up for longer but a Premier League player he ain’t, yet. Struggled as much as anyone when he came in last year and whilst he’s looked very good this season he’s got a bit to do before re he can start demanding big contracts. If what Jasp is implying is correct I hope we can negotiate something that keeps both parties happy but anyone who wants to be a Billy BigboIIocks can f*ck off.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 21:57 - Nov 12 with 1387 views_

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 20:04 - Nov 12 by ItchySphincter

I’d love to see Roberts signed up for longer but a Premier League player he ain’t, yet. Struggled as much as anyone when he came in last year and whilst he’s looked very good this season he’s got a bit to do before re he can start demanding big contracts. If what Jasp is implying is correct I hope we can negotiate something that keeps both parties happy but anyone who wants to be a Billy BigboIIocks can f*ck off.

This is right and Roberts' ego is growing and growing, you can see that on the pitch in front of your very eyes

It would have been impossible to have tied him down last season as we didn't know what league we would have been playing in until the second last game of the season, and let's face it, he wasn't anything like the guaranteed EPL starter we would have hoped for. Not like when Ben came in for example.

But he'll sign it. The risks in not signing would be too great. He does need to keep his feet on the ground here because the last thing he wants is the Billy Big Bollocks title, and that won't be far from being cemented as things come out.

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 23:07 - Nov 12 with 1276 viewsgiantstoneater

The youngsters have stepped up but now`s not the time to start bumping threads there`s plenty of time for it to go all pear shaped, contracts still need to be tied up and Potter still has to be backed in the next window - Hold your fire!!
Betrayed by Huw and board again on 06:45 - Nov 13 with 1107 viewsDr_Winston

Roberts needs to learn from the example of Richard Duffy. Another player who pushed for a move up the leagues long before he was ready for it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 08:25 - Nov 13 with 1030 viewsmagicdaps10

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 06:45 - Nov 13 by Dr_Winston

Roberts needs to learn from the example of Richard Duffy. Another player who pushed for a move up the leagues long before he was ready for it.

Richard did not push to leave.

The reason he left was down to Petty.

I di agree with where you are going with the moving to early, saying that, he is 23.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 08:44 - Nov 13 with 1000 viewsDarran

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 08:25 - Nov 13 by magicdaps10

I di agree with where you are going with the moving to early, saying that, he is 23.

What a couple of years after Petty had been ousted?

Go back to bed Flaps you’re having a mare ......... again!

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 08:45 - Nov 13 with 997 viewsPrivate_Partz

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 23:07 - Nov 12 by giantstoneater

The youngsters have stepped up but now`s not the time to start bumping threads there`s plenty of time for it to go all pear shaped, contracts still need to be tied up and Potter still has to be backed in the next window - Hold your fire!!

That's exactly how I feel except for the "fire' bit. Why should there be any? They are only opinions on a football board. Many so called 'experts' get it wrong so why worry. Potter has done an amazing job but he now needs some serious support in the January window if we are going to be in the mix.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 09:10 - Nov 13 with 951 viewsDr_Winston

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 08:25 - Nov 13 by magicdaps10

Oh dear.

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 09:16 - Nov 13 with 936 viewsItchySphincter

Betrayed by Huw and board again on 08:44 - Nov 13 by Darran

What a couple of years after Petty had been ousted?

Go back to bed Flaps you’re having a mare ......... again!

First one I thought of was Stuart Roberts.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024