Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not even Deadline day. 17:57 - Aug 9 with 5671 viewsJango

Calm down everyone. It’s only really deadline day for premier league teams. If the woods transfer really was dependant on the clucas deal then there’s no reason we won’t get him on loan with a permanent deal in place. Loads of time to get players in to bulk up the squad. If we still have 1 centre half come September the 1st then I’d worry but it’s not gonna be the case. 10 of saturdays 11 still here, Fer and Naughton to also come back in the frame and the players who don’t want be here have all gone. Let’s crack on from here and start a new chapter.

Not even Deadline day. on 18:13 - Aug 9 with 4514 viewsN_T_J

Hi Huw, thanks for the update! 👍
Not even Deadline day. on 18:42 - Aug 9 with 4389 viewsJango

Not even Deadline day. on 18:13 - Aug 9 by N_T_J

Hi Huw, thanks for the update! 👍

Massive over reaction on here. We all know the loophole where we can sign on loan with a permanent deal in place and apart from the woods deal, i don’t think anyone would have objected to 2 or 3 loans making up the rest of our transfers this summer.
Not even Deadline day. on 18:52 - Aug 9 with 4296 viewsicecoldjack

Not even Deadline day. on 18:42 - Aug 9 by Jango

Massive over reaction on here. We all know the loophole where we can sign on loan with a permanent deal in place and apart from the woods deal, i don’t think anyone would have objected to 2 or 3 loans making up the rest of our transfers this summer.

Totally fair points, but ever go shopping when there's a shortage of milk and bread ? you end up with the sh1t nobody really wants.

The people that run our club are utter incompetent s plain and simple, while i agree that Prem teams will only now look at their young players and decide where they will fit or not fit in and where they can be loaned to, there is also the concept of being pro active.

None of this explains potter wanting to get his main target and us not yet getting him though, they should have at least gone a bit extra for the manager there,maybe they still will, all this business does is undermine the manager, his job is hard enough as it is, without our failed roofer fooking things up along the way .

We need some decent loan players, will we get them ? who knows, in the meantime we are likely to go into our next game with 1 senior centre half at the club ! i fail to see this as part of some grand design by our selll outs. It's quite frankly a shambles and has been for years.
Not even Deadline day. on 18:55 - Aug 9 with 4252 viewsawayjack

Not even Deadline day. on 18:42 - Aug 9 by Jango

Overreaction? We've sold or loaned any player with a value and most at big discounts as our ability to plan and negotiate are incompentent at best. No relegated club has disposed of so many players without adequate replacements. Our season has started and we have 1 fit forward, 1 CB and the main target of our new manager has failed. Some actually care about the club and with no other agendas.
Not even Deadline day. on 18:59 - Aug 9 with 4191 viewsLeonWasGod

True, the most important thing was getting rid of those going to PL clubs. 2 done, 1 to go.

We can’t afford to wait til 1st Sept though. Potter needs a team to work with. Points make prizes.
Not even Deadline day. on 19:24 - Aug 9 with 4044 viewsJango

Not even Deadline day. on 18:59 - Aug 9 by LeonWasGod

True, the most important thing was getting rid of those going to PL clubs. 2 done, 1 to go.

We can’t afford to wait til 1st Sept though. Potter needs a team to work with. Points make prizes.

Totally agree. I hope to god we get to do a deal with Brentford still for woods. I also believe we have already sounded out certain players to come in from prem teams once the window has closed. There was talk of the young centre back from spurs a few weeks back. I’ll eat my words if I’m wrong but I’m still optimistic we can put together a more than competitive squad.
Not even Deadline day. on 19:26 - Aug 9 with 4020 viewsGeoffThom

Not even Deadline day. on 19:24 - Aug 9 by Jango

Totally agree. I hope to god we get to do a deal with Brentford still for woods. I also believe we have already sounded out certain players to come in from prem teams once the window has closed. There was talk of the young centre back from spurs a few weeks back. I’ll eat my words if I’m wrong but I’m still optimistic we can put together a more than competitive squad.

These loans would need to be outstanding to quell the revolt that’s brewing
Not even Deadline day. on 19:31 - Aug 9 with 3954 viewsOldjack

If if fuking if ,Woods should be signing on the dotted line now !i wouldn't be surprised Potter walks and i wouldn't blame him one bit

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Not even Deadline day. on 19:31 - Aug 9 with 3954 viewsJango

Not even Deadline day. on 18:55 - Aug 9 by awayjack

Overreaction? We've sold or loaned any player with a value and most at big discounts as our ability to plan and negotiate are incompentent at best. No relegated club has disposed of so many players without adequate replacements. Our season has started and we have 1 fit forward, 1 CB and the main target of our new manager has failed. Some actually care about the club and with no other agendas.

Stop panicking mun. We have a thin squad for a game or 2 but our starting 11 is only 1 player down from the weekend.
Not even Deadline day. on 19:31 - Aug 9 with 3947 viewsbluey_the_blue

May be quite a few Fulham players available given they've brought in 11 this transfer window.
Not even Deadline day. on 19:36 - Aug 9 with 3862 viewsGeoffThom

Not even Deadline day. on 19:31 - Aug 9 by Jango

Stop panicking mun. We have a thin squad for a game or 2 but our starting 11 is only 1 player down from the weekend.

Get feckin real ,Amat just gone vdh pulled up a week or so ago so could go again and we’ve no centre half ,our main target didn’t sign a nd we’ve one out and out fit cf ,😳
Not even Deadline day. on 19:38 - Aug 9 with 3855 viewsjasfan

I am looking forward to the Manager's next interview and to hear how he assesses the situation. Until then and perhaps naively, I still think there's a chance we could have an exciting season.
Not even Deadline day. on 19:46 - Aug 9 with 3785 viewsJango

Not even Deadline day. on 19:36 - Aug 9 by GeoffThom

Get feckin real ,Amat just gone vdh pulled up a week or so ago so could go again and we’ve no centre half ,our main target didn’t sign a nd we’ve one out and out fit cf ,😳

Asoro can play CF and we still have bony on the books. We play one up top, do you want us shelling out needless money on strikers that could end up rotting on the bench? We’ve got rid of all high earners that didn’t want to be here. We are now where we wanted to be. Ideally it would have been a week or 2 ago but it is what it is. The window is pretty much still open for us. We know exactly what we need now and exactly what finances we have available. As I’ve said, I’ll eat my words if I’m wrong but I’m confident the gaps will be filled.
Not even Deadline day. on 19:51 - Aug 9 with 3743 viewsFlashberryjack

So you're basically saying "have faith in Huw"....good luck with that one.

I wouldn't trust that cwnt to buy me a 65 pence packet of cheese & onion crisps, I'd probably end up with an out of date packet of salt & vinegar costing a fiver.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Not even Deadline day. on 19:53 - Aug 9 with 3701 viewsJango

Not even Deadline day. on 19:51 - Aug 9 by Flashberryjack

So you're basically saying "have faith in Huw"....good luck with that one.

I wouldn't trust that cwnt to buy me a 65 pence packet of cheese & onion crisps, I'd probably end up with an out of date packet of salt & vinegar costing a fiver.

Not at all the blokes a snake. But I have every faith that Potter will have known that the players that have gone would more than likely be going. He’s said previously that we’ve got the loan market to fall back on so I’m just being optimistic.
Not even Deadline day. on 19:56 - Aug 9 with 3661 viewsFlashberryjack

Not even Deadline day. on 19:53 - Aug 9 by Jango

Not at all the blokes a snake. But I have every faith that Potter will have known that the players that have gone would more than likely be going. He’s said previously that we’ve got the loan market to fall back on so I’m just being optimistic.

You honestly think Huw told Potter the truth when he hired him ?

Hello

Not even Deadline day. on 20:09 - Aug 9 with 3574 viewsJango

Not even Deadline day. on 19:56 - Aug 9 by Flashberryjack

You honestly think Huw told Potter the truth when he hired him ?

Lets just wait and see shall we. Let’s not forget these Americans invested quite a lot in players last year but the recruitment was appalling. That gives me hope that they will let potter bring in players he will need on loan, some with a view to permanent transfer now they know exactly what our finances are going forward. I may well be wrong but I refuse to believe any owner would leave their manager with one centre half.
Not even Deadline day. on 20:22 - Aug 9 with 3513 viewsFlashberryjack

Not even Deadline day. on 20:09 - Aug 9 by Jango

Lets just wait and see shall we. Let’s not forget these Americans invested quite a lot in players last year but the recruitment was appalling. That gives me hope that they will let potter bring in players he will need on loan, some with a view to permanent transfer now they know exactly what our finances are going forward. I may well be wrong but I refuse to believe any owner would leave their manager with one centre half.

These Americans actually invested f*ck all on players last year, they won't next year, the year after that or the year after that.

The Americans money was spent on a project to make money not spend it.

Hello

Not even Deadline day. on 20:27 - Aug 9 with 3452 viewsJango

Not even Deadline day. on 20:22 - Aug 9 by Flashberryjack

These Americans actually invested f*ck all on players last year, they won't next year, the year after that or the year after that.

The Americans money was spent on a project to make money not spend it.

I didn’t mean them personally but as a club. We spent more than enough on players last season to stay up. Unfortunately it was unforgivably wasted and we are we are because of it.
Not even Deadline day. on 21:04 - Aug 9 with 3315 viewsFlashberryjack

Not even Deadline day. on 20:27 - Aug 9 by Jango

I didn’t mean them personally but as a club. We spent more than enough on players last season to stay up. Unfortunately it was unforgivably wasted and we are we are because of it.

Yeah we spent club money, but we let a complete and utter incompetence do the shopping.

As I've said many times before... if you send a monkey shopping, don't moan if he comes back with a bunch of bananas.

I must be careful here, but I'd hire a forensic accountant to investigate all the transfer deals he's done over the past three years, because some of the deals absolutely stink to high heaven.

Hello

Not even Deadline day. on 21:13 - Aug 9 with 3243 viewsdobjack2

Not even Deadline day. on 19:46 - Aug 9 by Jango

Asoro can play CF and we still have bony on the books. We play one up top, do you want us shelling out needless money on strikers that could end up rotting on the bench? We’ve got rid of all high earners that didn’t want to be here. We are now where we wanted to be. Ideally it would have been a week or 2 ago but it is what it is. The window is pretty much still open for us. We know exactly what we need now and exactly what finances we have available. As I’ve said, I’ll eat my words if I’m wrong but I’m confident the gaps will be filled.

Based on Saturday Asoro doesn’t look a good bet for a lone striker.

I suppose it depends on how long they think bony will be out for as to whether we get another striker before we ship bony out.
Not even Deadline day. on 21:16 - Aug 9 with 3218 viewsLeonWasGod

Hope so. Connor Vickers or whatever he was called was quite well received at Ipswich last year. Not Fede level, but possibly Amat-esque (quality not type).

That's where we are now though. We're not going to replace Mawson and Fede with similar quality are we? People need to reset expectations and trust in Potter to mould a TEAM, even if some of the individuals are a bit ropey!

Still as kick in the balls today though to see people like Fede leaving. I can understand why people are pissed off.
Not even Deadline day. on 21:18 - Aug 9 with 3198 viewsJango

Not even Deadline day. on 21:04 - Aug 9 by Flashberryjack

Yeah we spent club money, but we let a complete and utter incompetence do the shopping.

As I've said many times before... if you send a monkey shopping, don't moan if he comes back with a bunch of bananas.

I must be careful here, but I'd hire a forensic accountant to investigate all the transfer deals he's done over the past three years, because some of the deals absolutely stink to high heaven.

Don’t disagree with you there. The signs are this summer that Jenkins has played no part in the transfers coming in so hopefully we’ve learnt our lesson finally. As I said, maybe I’m being too optimistic but I genuinely believe we always knew we’d have the benefit of the loan market to fall back on and our top priority was getting out the big earners and bad eggs. Time will tell
Not even Deadline day. on 21:50 - Aug 9 with 3036 viewsymaohyd

FFS, can't believe i'm reading this sh it.

We've been royally shafted.

Today probably highlights the complete shambles that the club is in more than anything since the Americans took over.

How on earth HJ can remain is beyond belief.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Not even Deadline day. on 22:03 - Aug 9 with 2975 viewsymaohyd

Do people not get the kick in the teeth today has been for Potter? All the media blitz about a new structure for recruitment, new director of recruitment!

Well that structure identified a player, well within our financial means, Kaplan sits on his hands in the good old US of A and doesn't sanction it.

The damage this will do to the football side of the club is huge. Potter won't forget this. I think he'll steady the ship but will be off once a club comes in for him. There will be a number of Championship clubs looking at him quite soon.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024