Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans finish top of their league, 2nd year in a row. 21:55 - Aug 9 with 1816 viewsTummer_from_Texas

This is pathetic, there are just no excuses.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swans finish top of their league, 2nd year in a row. on 12:22 - Aug 10 with 1404 viewslonglostjack

Oh good. That together with the £50m parachute payment should help to pay for the exorbitant wages that no longer have to be paid ..... or something like that.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swans finish top of their league, 2nd year in a row. on 12:41 - Aug 10 with 1341 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swans finish top of their league, 2nd year in a row. on 12:22 - Aug 10 by longlostjack

Oh good. That together with the £50m parachute payment should help to pay for the exorbitant wages that no longer have to be paid ..... or something like that.

It will help to pay the debt somehow run up last year, when they also had a positive transfer window and Sky/BT payments.
Swans finish top of their league, 2nd year in a row. on 15:59 - Aug 10 with 1183 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Basically, we could have bought Woods and a CB for another 3 million, and STILL been the cheapest bastards in our league for the 2nd year in a row.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swans finish top of their league, 2nd year in a row. on 16:01 - Aug 10 with 1176 viewsjasper_T

Net spend isn't cashflow.
Swans finish top of their league, 2nd year in a row. on 16:49 - Aug 10 with 1098 viewsmajorraglan

I have said all along that there would be a significant number of departures as the club’s income stream would decrease significantly and players wouldn’t want to drop down a division. I think some of yesterday is a direct result of not being able to sell the 2 Ayew’s because that should have generated at least another £20m as players who could have been retained have had to go to make up the difference.

I would imagine that moving a significant number of players off the wage bill would have made most of the savings required in relation to the running costs and the sales would have supported this. It may be that the club is skint and needs to generate money to pay wages etc as the parachute payments are staged and they need the money to run the club on a day to day basis. I also fear that some of the money may be used to repay the investors investment.

The match day squad currently looks very thin and unless reinforcements are brought in I believe the club will follow Sunderland and end up in League 1. If there is no investment in the playing side,”fans” will walk away, commercial revenue from ticket sales merchandising etc will decrease and the cycle of cuts will increase.

People talk about rich benefactors etc, I do not believe that is a sustainable way to run a club, they need to be run sustainably and well. Swansea’s poor transfer business of the last few seasons has caught up with the club.
I hope the Trust and the financial people they can call on are scrutinising everything because I am very fearful for the future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024