Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is direct protest action the answer? 09:24 - Aug 10 with 3220 viewsLoyal

Or will it be just like last season?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Is direct protest action the answer? on 09:28 - Aug 10 with 2163 viewsE20Jack

Protesting about what exactly?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Is direct protest action the answer? on 09:29 - Aug 10 with 2152 viewsLoyal

Is direct protest action the answer? on 09:28 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

Well, that's your answer given.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 09:33 - Aug 10 with 2131 viewsKilkennyjack

How about nobody being accountable for the relegation, and the associated halving of revenue ?

Most business might be more than a little disappointed ..? No ?

Beware of the Risen People

Is direct protest action the answer? on 09:33 - Aug 10 with 2127 viewsLandore_Jack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 09:29 - Aug 10 by Loyal

Well, that's your answer given.

A lot of fans don't give a dam about the owners. Others continue to bury their heads in the sand. Very few are willing to stand up and be vocal.

#backtojack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 09:38 - Aug 10 with 2100 viewsLoyal

Is direct protest action the answer? on 09:33 - Aug 10 by Landore_Jack

A lot of fans don't give a dam about the owners. Others continue to bury their heads in the sand. Very few are willing to stand up and be vocal.

I agree, but there seems to be additional angry folk about. One extra bevvy could seal it.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 09:53 - Aug 10 with 2048 viewsE20Jack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 09:33 - Aug 10 by Kilkennyjack

How about nobody being accountable for the relegation, and the associated halving of revenue ?

Most business might be more than a little disappointed ..? No ?

Huh?

So your protest banners will say “can someone take responsibility so we can blame you please”.

You are genuinely wanting to protest off the back of signing some players that didn’t work out, ending our most successful period in our history? What we achieved was remarkable, don’t throw your toys out of the pram because we went down. Most thought we would go down 9 months after arriving.

I honestly have no idea what you would be protesting over. Doesn’t seem the OP does either.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 09:58 - Aug 10 with 2026 viewsLoyal

Is direct protest action the answer? on 09:53 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

Huh?

So your protest banners will say “can someone take responsibility so we can blame you please”.

You are genuinely wanting to protest off the back of signing some players that didn’t work out, ending our most successful period in our history? What we achieved was remarkable, don’t throw your toys out of the pram because we went down. Most thought we would go down 9 months after arriving.

I honestly have no idea what you would be protesting over. Doesn’t seem the OP does either.

At what point did I suggest a protest is a good idea?
You need to stop thinking every question is an us against them Situation.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 09:58 - Aug 10 with 2022 viewsbyron

Unfortunately loyal, they will just say they need to reduce the 90 million wage bill and recoup as much cash to save the club from going under, emotional blackmail. The wasting of the 75 million last season is crux of all this, surely big nose has to go? He presided over all this?

Benny

Login to get fewer ads

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:03 - Aug 10 with 1993 viewsE20Jack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 09:58 - Aug 10 by Loyal

At what point did I suggest a protest is a good idea?
You need to stop thinking every question is an us against them Situation.

I did ask you a pretty simple question which would have given me that answer.

But you refused to answer.

What would we be protesting about exactly?

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:11 - Aug 10 with 1957 viewsbyron

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:03 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

I did ask you a pretty simple question which would have given me that answer.

But you refused to answer.

What would we be protesting about exactly?

Shot in the dark, about the way the club is being run?

Benny

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:20 - Aug 10 with 1919 viewsE20Jack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:11 - Aug 10 by byron

Shot in the dark, about the way the club is being run?

So you think we should have kept the big money players now in the Championship?

Well I would advocate protesting if they followed that route, yes.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 10:21]

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:26 - Aug 10 with 1898 viewsItchySphincter

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:20 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

I kind of on board with what you’re driving at but there’s no getting away from the fact that we’ve sold four of the five centre halves that we had with no noticeable replacement. Surely that is alarming to everyone, without question.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:31 - Aug 10 with 1871 viewsE20Jack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:26 - Aug 10 by ItchySphincter

I kind of on board with what you’re driving at but there’s no getting away from the fact that we’ve sold four of the five centre halves that we had with no noticeable replacement. Surely that is alarming to everyone, without question.

I have no doubt that will be corrected come the end of the loan window.

As it stands it’s VdH and Rodon.

It’s about the long term health of the club.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:31 - Aug 10 with 1872 viewsbyron

Who sanctioned buying those players that cost you 75 million, that you got 15 is it? Back for?
You never know with the loans if you are still paying some of their wages too? Then there’s Bony?
You had to rid yourselves of them but you paid way over for them last year.

Benny

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:39 - Aug 10 with 1850 viewsE20Jack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:31 - Aug 10 by byron

Who sanctioned buying those players that cost you 75 million, that you got 15 is it? Back for?
You never know with the loans if you are still paying some of their wages too? Then there’s Bony?
You had to rid yourselves of them but you paid way over for them last year.

The same people that sanctioned the purchase of Gylfi for 10m and sale for 40m and a whole host of other financially superb signings.

Some work, some don’t. We were there for 7 years so we did far more good than bad. Can you imagine the work you would have to do for your club to stay up just one season let alone 7.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:46 - Aug 10 with 1805 viewsItchySphincter

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:31 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

I have no doubt that will be corrected come the end of the loan window.

As it stands it’s VdH and Rodon.

It’s about the long term health of the club.

I know, but immediate health needs to be considered too. Surely one of Bartley or Amat could have been retained for the short term if the others were to be sold. The loan market isn’t exactly cheap either and there’s certainly no ‘retained value’ in that.

I get it that we’ve only sold one starter from last week but we’ve also sold both suitable replacements so it’s disingenuous spin to suggest the impact isn’t massive.

Other than that I still kind of agree that what needs to be done, needs to be done, but having one senior centre back going in to tomorrow’s game cannot be brushed over.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 10:47]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:55 - Aug 10 with 1772 viewsE20Jack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:46 - Aug 10 by ItchySphincter

I know, but immediate health needs to be considered too. Surely one of Bartley or Amat could have been retained for the short term if the others were to be sold. The loan market isn’t exactly cheap either and there’s certainly no ‘retained value’ in that.

I get it that we’ve only sold one starter from last week but we’ve also sold both suitable replacements so it’s disingenuous spin to suggest the impact isn’t massive.

Other than that I still kind of agree that what needs to be done, needs to be done, but having one senior centre back going in to tomorrow’s game cannot be brushed over.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 10:47]

Bartley wanted out, Fede had to go as did Mawson. No idea the situation regarding Amat was.

We had a PL squad, that had to be trimmed to a championship one. That’s what we have done. No spin nothing disingenuous, that’s simply what needed to happen and has happened.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:58 - Aug 10 with 1757 viewsomarjack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:55 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

Bartley wanted out, Fede had to go as did Mawson. No idea the situation regarding Amat was.

We had a PL squad, that had to be trimmed to a championship one. That’s what we have done. No spin nothing disingenuous, that’s simply what needed to happen and has happened.

LOL yeah sure..Mawson's money is too good I agree

Fede wanted to go..alright..

Amat for 1 m? LOL..that's where sh!t starts to smell.

Oh ok..we'll need 2 CBs to replace the departed and of course a CMF to replace Clucas..what do we get? Nada.

That's the f*cking problem dimwit.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 10:58]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:59 - Aug 10 with 1750 viewswaveydavey

Is there another championship squad with one striker for the first 2 games at least?
Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:02 - Aug 10 with 1733 viewsE20Jack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:58 - Aug 10 by omarjack

LOL yeah sure..Mawson's money is too good I agree

Fede wanted to go..alright..

Amat for 1 m? LOL..that's where sh!t starts to smell.

Oh ok..we'll need 2 CBs to replace the departed and of course a CMF to replace Clucas..what do we get? Nada.

That's the f*cking problem dimwit.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 10:58]

So in summary your problem is we sold Amat?

Ok

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:05 - Aug 10 with 1721 viewsomarjack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:02 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

So in summary your problem is we sold Amat?

Ok

Selling him for 1 m would have been tolerable if we brought in at least 1 new CB before deadline day plus Woods..as for a new striker and a back up CB we could have got them on loan later on..I wouldn't have minded much.

But you do realise..Our net spend in the WORST in England this year..it's embarrassing..Our owners make the Allam family at Hull look very generous in comparison.

Disgusting really.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:07 - Aug 10 with 1709 viewsE20Jack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:05 - Aug 10 by omarjack

Selling him for 1 m would have been tolerable if we brought in at least 1 new CB before deadline day plus Woods..as for a new striker and a back up CB we could have got them on loan later on..I wouldn't have minded much.

But you do realise..Our net spend in the WORST in England this year..it's embarrassing..Our owners make the Allam family at Hull look very generous in comparison.

Disgusting really.

That would defeat the object. We are doing this to improve the financial burden on the club, not swap it around.

We can not afford Woods. Maybe a loan with a view to sign if promoted, but that’s it I am afraid.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:17 - Aug 10 with 1687 viewsbyron

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:39 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

The same people that sanctioned the purchase of Gylfi for 10m and sale for 40m and a whole host of other financially superb signings.

Some work, some don’t. We were there for 7 years so we did far more good than bad. Can you imagine the work you would have to do for your club to stay up just one season let alone 7.

You had three very good managers in a row, as soon as laundrup left the demise began. Rodgers is top class you were lucky to get him. Apart from gylfi who else did you make big on? You could say bony but you lost half buying him back and have paid him 5 million again in wages. All the good work done by roberto and Rodgers was undone. Nothing last forever though as you say, very hard to maintain it especially when you have clubs like Bournemouth and Burnley spending big.
Seems like it’s all about good management, quite basic really, but very hard to attain.

Benny

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:19 - Aug 10 with 1673 viewsE20Jack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:17 - Aug 10 by byron

You had three very good managers in a row, as soon as laundrup left the demise began. Rodgers is top class you were lucky to get him. Apart from gylfi who else did you make big on? You could say bony but you lost half buying him back and have paid him 5 million again in wages. All the good work done by roberto and Rodgers was undone. Nothing last forever though as you say, very hard to maintain it especially when you have clubs like Bournemouth and Burnley spending big.
Seems like it’s all about good management, quite basic really, but very hard to attain.

I stopped reading after the Laudrup bit.

We had our most successful league season in the modern professional era after Laudrup left.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:27 - Aug 10 with 1657 viewsDyfnant

Perhaps we could’ve kept a second centreback, rather than selling Amat for £1M

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024