Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is direct protest action the answer? 09:24 - Aug 10 with 3186 viewsLoyal

Or will it be just like last season?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:28 - Aug 10 with 1020 viewsomarjack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:27 - Aug 10 by Dyfnant

Perhaps we could’ve kept a second centreback, rather than selling Amat for £1M

According to dumbass E20Jack..

Selling Amat for 1 m is smart business..leaving us literally with 1 senior CB..don't argue with him..not worth it.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:29 - Aug 10 with 1019 viewswaveydavey

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:19 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

I stopped reading after the Laudrup bit.

We had our most successful league season in the modern professional era after Laudrup left.

Apart from 81-82. Finished sixth.
Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:32 - Aug 10 with 1008 viewsE20Jack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:29 - Aug 10 by waveydavey

Apart from 81-82. Finished sixth.

You think almost 40 years ago is the modern era?

Ok.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:36 - Aug 10 with 995 viewsItchySphincter

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:55 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

Bartley wanted out, Fede had to go as did Mawson. No idea the situation regarding Amat was.

We had a PL squad, that had to be trimmed to a championship one. That’s what we have done. No spin nothing disingenuous, that’s simply what needed to happen and has happened.

It didn't need the hatchet job that was yesterday. Why wasn't a replacement, even a loan, already on the cards? We didn't have to do what we did yesterday, to say that we absolutely had to do that is disingenuous spin.

We're not a million miles apart in the long term view but putting a positive spin on yesterday's shenanigans, especially where centre halves are concerned will not wash with your average fan.

Players want to leave, fair enough, but using that logic why is Kyle Naughton still here? ....and why is Ryan Woods still at Brentford.

On a genuinely positive note, young Rodon is apparently very good, as was his brother before he fell by the wayside. Whether or not he is ready remains to be seen. I wish him all the best and sincerely hope he's not eating a sh!t sandwich tomorrow.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:36 - Aug 10 with 989 viewsE20Jack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:28 - Aug 10 by omarjack

According to dumbass E20Jack..

Selling Amat for 1 m is smart business..leaving us literally with 1 senior CB..don't argue with him..not worth it.

I have no opinion in what kind of business it is, we know nothing about the situation that led to it.

I was just finding it amusing you had a meltdown and then it turns out it’s because we sold Jordi Amat. A player who has never been a first team starter since he signed.

I guess people have their different panic triggers, thankfully mine is a lot more rational.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:40 - Aug 10 with 977 viewsItchySphincter

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:17 - Aug 10 by byron

You had three very good managers in a row, as soon as laundrup left the demise began. Rodgers is top class you were lucky to get him. Apart from gylfi who else did you make big on? You could say bony but you lost half buying him back and have paid him 5 million again in wages. All the good work done by roberto and Rodgers was undone. Nothing last forever though as you say, very hard to maintain it especially when you have clubs like Bournemouth and Burnley spending big.
Seems like it’s all about good management, quite basic really, but very hard to attain.

No one wanted Rodgers and Laudrup when we took them, both damaged goods. As for the three in a row - would that be Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers or Sousa, Rodgers, Laudrup. Maybe you mean Rodgers, Laudrup, Monk?

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:44 - Aug 10 with 962 viewsItchySphincter

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:36 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

I have no opinion in what kind of business it is, we know nothing about the situation that led to it.

I was just finding it amusing you had a meltdown and then it turns out it’s because we sold Jordi Amat. A player who has never been a first team starter since he signed.

I guess people have their different panic triggers, thankfully mine is a lot more rational.

Jordi Amat was never a regular in the PL. No reason he couldn't have been in the Championship, especially as he wasn't a high revenue sale. I would guess that any newly acquired replacement, loan or otherwise would be at significant cost compared to that revenue.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:46 - Aug 10 with 953 viewsE20Jack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:44 - Aug 10 by ItchySphincter

Jordi Amat was never a regular in the PL. No reason he couldn't have been in the Championship, especially as he wasn't a high revenue sale. I would guess that any newly acquired replacement, loan or otherwise would be at significant cost compared to that revenue.

“No reason you or I know of” would be more accurate.

He may very well have wanted to leave. In fact that’s incredibly likely.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 11:58]

Login to get fewer ads

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:57 - Aug 10 with 924 viewsItchySphincter

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:46 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

“No reason you or I know of” would be more accurate.

He may very well have wanted to leave. In fact that’s incredibly likely.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 11:58]

I don't understand your first sentence.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:58 - Aug 10 with 917 viewsItchySphincter

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:57 - Aug 10 by ItchySphincter

On second thought I do.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:58 - Aug 10 with 913 viewsE20Jack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:57 - Aug 10 by ItchySphincter

Edited with quotation marks.

Now more reader friendly.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:59 - Aug 10 with 913 viewsItchySphincter

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:58 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

Edited with quotation marks.

Now more reader friendly.

It's okay, I got it when I changed my reading style.

Is direct protest action the answer? on 12:23 - Aug 10 with 882 viewsdeanscfc

Is direct protest action the answer? on 09:53 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

Huh?

So your protest banners will say “can someone take responsibility so we can blame you please”.

You are genuinely wanting to protest off the back of signing some players that didn’t work out, ending our most successful period in our history? What we achieved was remarkable, don’t throw your toys out of the pram because we went down. Most thought we would go down 9 months after arriving.

I honestly have no idea what you would be protesting over. Doesn’t seem the OP does either.

You mean you see nothing at all wrong with selling all but one of our central defenders without bringing in replacements and refusing to pay an extra 500k for a solid championship midfielder while at the same time yet again being the club to make the most net profit in the transfer window? All of this after making exactly the same mistakes last season which caused our relegation. The owners have said a massive 'f*ck you' to the fans and are happy to line their own pockets.

Really strange that you can't see what's wrong with how the board have acted while supposedly being a fan of the club.
Is direct protest action the answer? on 14:15 - Aug 10 with 836 viewsLoyal

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:17 - Aug 10 by byron

You had three very good managers in a row, as soon as laundrup left the demise began. Rodgers is top class you were lucky to get him. Apart from gylfi who else did you make big on? You could say bony but you lost half buying him back and have paid him 5 million again in wages. All the good work done by roberto and Rodgers was undone. Nothing last forever though as you say, very hard to maintain it especially when you have clubs like Bournemouth and Burnley spending big.
Seems like it’s all about good management, quite basic really, but very hard to attain.

I have to say it was more like Rodgers being lucky to get a job at swansea, he was literally 14th choice.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Is direct protest action the answer? on 15:43 - Aug 10 with 794 viewsAl_Bundy

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:31 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

I have no doubt that will be corrected come the end of the loan window.

As it stands it’s VdH and Rodon.

It’s about the long term health of the club.

Bookmarked.

Lets hope you're correct.
Is direct protest action the answer? on 16:00 - Aug 10 with 781 viewsBadlands

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:40 - Aug 10 by ItchySphincter

No one wanted Rodgers and Laudrup when we took them, both damaged goods. As for the three in a row - would that be Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers or Sousa, Rodgers, Laudrup. Maybe you mean Rodgers, Laudrup, Monk?

Three in a row
*Flynn stabilised us and got us playing decent football
**Jackett promotion and 3 (standard related) cups
Nugent (OK not a completely smooth path)
***Martinez changed the style and got promotion as champions
**Sousa highest position for 25 years (even with no decent forwards & the captain with his clique throwing the last few games.
****Rodgers promotion to the PL
****Laudrup fist senior cup European glory and wonderful football.
Monk one successful season playing non-football and decimating the style and squad
*Guidolin solid but shafted by the club
Bradley shouldn't have been anywhere near our 'soccer' team.
Carvalhal solid but the rot was well and truly set in
Clement I expected more but in the end he was more hype than substance.
Potter is a manager I've admired for a few years and has all the staff he asked for, now he has to turn promise into practice.
Curt in the interim was alway outstanding.
Leon shhhhhhhh.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Is direct protest action the answer? on 16:07 - Aug 10 with 776 viewsbyron

Is direct protest action the answer? on 14:15 - Aug 10 by Loyal

I have to say it was more like Rodgers being lucky to get a job at swansea, he was literally 14th choice.

Who was your top choice back then before Rodgers then? I realise he had a bad time at reading, but he is a top manager, he will get a big job in a top league again soon. I forgot about Sousa, he did sort your defence out though no?

Benny

Is direct protest action the answer? on 16:21 - Aug 10 with 764 viewsSTID2017

We all know cuts had to be made, and players had to be sold, but to leave the team without adequate cover is unforgivable.
The deals to get these players out should have happened weeks ago, to allow replacements to come in.
Now we have to depend on the loan system to fill the gaps until January
As for protests, I can't see it happening.
" Apathy Rules - But Who Cares "

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Is direct protest action the answer? on 18:01 - Aug 10 with 724 viewsKGriz16

Is direct protest action the answer? on 16:21 - Aug 10 by STID2017

We all know cuts had to be made, and players had to be sold, but to leave the team without adequate cover is unforgivable.
The deals to get these players out should have happened weeks ago, to allow replacements to come in.
Now we have to depend on the loan system to fill the gaps until January
As for protests, I can't see it happening.
" Apathy Rules - But Who Cares "

We have got players in the U23's who people seem to rave about? I don't understand the need to buy to replace..
Is direct protest action the answer? on 18:28 - Aug 10 with 696 viewsbermudajack

Is direct protest action the answer? on 09:53 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

Huh?

So your protest banners will say “can someone take responsibility so we can blame you please”.

You are genuinely wanting to protest off the back of signing some players that didn’t work out, ending our most successful period in our history? What we achieved was remarkable, don’t throw your toys out of the pram because we went down. Most thought we would go down 9 months after arriving.

I honestly have no idea what you would be protesting over. Doesn’t seem the OP does either.

You going to the game tomorrow?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Is direct protest action the answer? on 18:41 - Aug 10 with 685 viewsperplex

Is direct protest action the answer? on 10:31 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

I have no doubt that will be corrected come the end of the loan window.

As it stands it’s VdH and Rodon.

It’s about the long term health of the club.

You have no doubt have you, I highly doubt bringing in a loan signing or a young kid who may or may not make the grade in years to come or even just to bring someone in to say we now have another centre half as a correction, so apart from that what in your eyes will be this correction
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 18:41]
Is direct protest action the answer? on 18:46 - Aug 10 with 678 viewsperplex

Is direct protest action the answer? on 11:19 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

I stopped reading after the Laudrup bit.

We had our most successful league season in the modern professional era after Laudrup left.

Oh well guess this post has proven another idiot has emerged, but I guess the regulars already knew.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024