Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Billy Reid - BBC Article 09:30 - Aug 10 with 4069 viewsBlasterJack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45138069

He seems as bemused as the rest of us.

"We realise at the moment things are a little bit more difficult than maybe we thought but we have full belief in Graham".

Lied to in other words.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Billy Reid - BBC Article on 09:37 - Aug 10 with 3983 viewsJinxy

Yes I picked that up too yesterday from WOL.

If he was in front of the press unexpectedly, then perhaps this slipped out. I agree, it indicates that this situation and scenario was not quite as described to GP and his team. That being the case, the trust and confidence will have been damaged, maybe irreparably.

Losing GP and his team would be a mortal blow in my view.
Billy Reid - BBC Article on 09:38 - Aug 10 with 3965 viewswestwalesed

Interesting choice of words, and where is Potter?

He must be seriously ill if he can't give a quote to the press.

There is 20% of me which wants them all to walk to blow the lid on the whole thing!
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 9:39]

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Billy Reid - BBC Article on 09:45 - Aug 10 with 3886 viewsomarjack

I truly pray (although I have no God)..that Potter isn't as upset as we think he is and that he's prepared for such thing..and that we'll be able to fill in gaps with decent loanees.

After all..at Ostersunds he had to work in far more dire conditions financially.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Billy Reid - BBC Article on 09:49 - Aug 10 with 3832 viewsCaptain_Sham

Asked if Potter, who did not attend Swansea's pre-match press briefing as he was ill, felt let down by the activity, Reid said: "I don't think so. We worked at a small club in Sweden, this is a different situation here but we are positive people."

Its just a ride.

Billy Reid - BBC Article on 09:54 - Aug 10 with 3763 viewsHugeEnkins

Billy Reid - BBC Article on 09:38 - Aug 10 by westwalesed

There is 20% of me which wants them all to walk to blow the lid on the whole thing!

Updating his CV, perhaps?
Billy Reid - BBC Article on 10:03 - Aug 10 with 3708 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

"More difficult than we thought" What is going on?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Billy Reid - BBC Article on 10:15 - Aug 10 with 3611 viewsjack247

Billy Reid - BBC Article on 10:03 - Aug 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

"More difficult than we thought" What is going on?

He is essentially saying they have been lied to, or at the very best mislead.

I like these guys, they aren’t afraid to say it as it is.
Billy Reid - BBC Article on 10:15 - Aug 10 with 3605 viewspaulv2k4

A lot of managers in our league (and premier league) have been reported to say that the wages players are asking for are ridiculous. Wonder if they have had this shock too, coming from Swedish football.
Login to get fewer ads

Billy Reid - BBC Article on 10:24 - Aug 10 with 3540 views34dfgdf54

Billy Reid - BBC Article on 10:15 - Aug 10 by jack247

He is essentially saying they have been lied to, or at the very best mislead.

I like these guys, they aren’t afraid to say it as it is.

It has become an awful lot clearer since these guys have taken over.

I know I keep on going on about Curtis' lads tweets, but there is literally no way in a million years he would be putting these things public without his consent. They want people to know what's going on, Potter has constantly made digs at Jenkins since he got here.

His most recent one:

<<As far as I’m aware the management team are still our management team... ...they’re now our playing staff>>

They have been stitched up big time. I'm praying Potter doesn't walk, but like someone said yesterday, he would be letting the players down who signed for him.
Billy Reid - BBC Article on 10:34 - Aug 10 with 3471 viewsBarryTownSwam

Billy Reid - BBC Article on 09:38 - Aug 10 by westwalesed

Personally, I don’t like seeing managers sitting in front of the press during a transfer deadline day. This is one of the club’s busiest days of the season. There are far more important things to do for a manager to focus on than a press conference BEFORE the days transfer movements had finished. I’d like to think Potter was camped in an office somewhere with Pearlman & Jenkins with a hotline to the Americans having a real input into the days transfer business, on hand to chase targets and stay on top of any deals. Potter may have been ill (he doesn’t strike me as a man who would shirk press conference responsibilities) but I’d like to think his ‘illness’ was more a cover for being otherwise engaged ‘hands-on’ during the transfer deadline process. My personal first impressions of Potter and his team are hugely positive. Let them manage the team the way they want and I feel only positive things will happen. Not an ideal transfer window so far but it’s not over yet and IN POTTER WE MUST TRUST - we have no option.
Billy Reid - BBC Article on 10:58 - Aug 10 with 3332 viewsBlasterJack

Billy Reid - BBC Article on 10:34 - Aug 10 by BarryTownSwam

Personally, I don’t like seeing managers sitting in front of the press during a transfer deadline day. This is one of the club’s busiest days of the season. There are far more important things to do for a manager to focus on than a press conference BEFORE the days transfer movements had finished. I’d like to think Potter was camped in an office somewhere with Pearlman & Jenkins with a hotline to the Americans having a real input into the days transfer business, on hand to chase targets and stay on top of any deals. Potter may have been ill (he doesn’t strike me as a man who would shirk press conference responsibilities) but I’d like to think his ‘illness’ was more a cover for being otherwise engaged ‘hands-on’ during the transfer deadline process. My personal first impressions of Potter and his team are hugely positive. Let them manage the team the way they want and I feel only positive things will happen. Not an ideal transfer window so far but it’s not over yet and IN POTTER WE MUST TRUST - we have no option.

The only office he would have been in was a locked one with no telephone courtesy of Captain Beaky and his Band.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Billy Reid - BBC Article on 13:28 - Aug 10 with 3126 views34dfgdf54

Just another note on Billy Reid, I think the whole press conference thing was a dig aswell:

“It was a surprise for me, I had a message from Graham saying there’s a sickness bug in his family so best to stay away from players where we cannot afford to lose any more. So it is me.”

Cannot afford to lose anymore. Oh we did Billy boy.
Billy Reid - BBC Article on 13:34 - Aug 10 with 3087 viewsgiantstoneater

I would hope GP and his team have what what it takes and the gusts to stay but it they have been lied to it would be great for them to come out and tell the truth. Of the former board they clearly know too much to hurt the yanks and this is why they are still here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024