Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement 10:31 - Aug 10 with 7667 viewsPhil_S

Have posted this in the sticky at the top as well but mindful it maybe missed so adding a separate thread

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2018/08/10/trust-statement-on-the-transfer-window-a
Trust Statement on 19:36 - Aug 10 with 1296 viewsswancity

Trust Statement on 10:48 - Aug 10 by Phil_S

Cut and pasted from the email rather than the statement itself - I think they are exactly the same

The transfer window.

The Trust Board wants to be a strong voice for the fans of Swansea City and as such, we cannot let the events of transfer deadline day pass without comment. While we fully appreciate that there would be a need to cut costs following relegation from the Premier League, this should have been coupled with a proactive transfer policy to bring in players to replace those who have left. It is worth remembering of course that our relegation from the Premier League was a direct result of similarly poor transfer dealings over the last three years or so by the club’s previous and current owners. We had hoped that the restructuring of recruitment that the club announced meant that we would see a far more constructive and proactive transfer window this time around. That clearly hasn’t happened and the focus has been on moving players out with insufficient regard for ensuring we have a squad equipped to be as competitive as possible.

While the loan window remains open and we remain hopeful of new additions, the events of deadline day leave the club with a wafer thin playing squad. Given the mass exodus of senior players, it is not unreasonable to expect that some of that money would have been reinvested into new additions to give Graham Potter the best chance of success. Our Supporter Director will be making these feelings known to the rest of the club’s board and seeking assurances that the playing squad will not be further eviscerated in an attempt to cut costs and that new players will be brought in.

We urge all Swansea City fans to get behind the team against Preston at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday. The fans need to provide Graham Potter, his team and his players with the support that has been so sadly lacking from the club’s owners. However, we also fully understand the fans’ right to voice their displeasure at recent events should they wish to do so.

Trust board appointments

Following the recent elections to the Swansea City Supporters’ Trust board and the new Board’s first meeting, we are pleased to announce the following appointments:

Phil Sumbler has been elected by the Board to serve as Chair for a period of two years.

Andy Godden has been elected as Vice Chair for a period of two years.

Cath Dyer has been elected to the Associate Director position, again for a period of two years.

In addition, Dave Dalton and Roger Goodwin have been re-appointed as co-opted Board members for one year. Dave and Roger were previously members of the Board and carried out some excellent work in the areas of social media and engaging with local schools. Their experience and enthusiasm will be invaluable and we are glad to welcome them back.

Welcoming the new appointments and board members, Trust Chair Phil Sumbler said:

“I am very pleased to be back as Chair of the Supporters’ Trust at this vital time. I would like to extend my thanks and gratitude to my predecessor, Alan Lewis, for all his hard work over the years both as board member and Chair. I am gratified by the faith shown in me by both Trust members at the recent election and the Board members who selected me as Chair. The new Trust Board has an excellent mix of experienced and new members who all bring different skills to the table.

These are difficult and important times for the Trust and my priority as Chair will be to lead the Trust through the ongoing mediation/legal process. However, I am equally as focused on the importance of increasing the profile and membership of the Trust, the need to appeal to current and new members alike and we must be a strong voice for Swansea City fans within the club and more widely. As a board, we will be considering ways to engage better with Swansea City fans to try and increase both the profile and membership of the Trust. I welcome any ideas from members and non-members about how we can do that — please get in touch.”

We realise that members are keen to know the latest position on the mediation process we informed you about in May and we will provide an update as soon as possible. We are also planning to arrange a fans’ forum very soon to give members the opportunity to question the Trust Board on any and all things Trust and Swansea City related. We will announce details of this as soon as they are available.

That’s encouraging

Good to see that the Trust have finally decided to challenge and confront these issues in preference to hiding behind perceived close relationships and cowering away behind the settee

Refreshing to see. What’s happened to Hamer and Stuart (can’t recall his surname) as they were certainly holding back any real progress it seemed

On the playing side: what is happening now is a disgrace. What is Jenkins doing about it? Our squad isn’t good enough to make a challenge and for one I wasn’t fooled by a distinctly average performance at Segg Utd. It stinks . But it has for at least three years ever since Jenkins and Co got greedy and selfish.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust Statement on 22:43 - Aug 10 with 1204 viewsE20Jack

Trust Statement on 19:03 - Aug 10 by EasternJack

Fair enough. The whole argument has been done to death on here.

Speaking personally - and as a former long standing trust member - i found the actions of the trust board over the past 3 years at best extremely naive. Taking at face value that nobody was aware the deal, the response thereafter (as well as the various exposes) was demonstratebly woeful, culminating in that appalling vote on shares.

Regardless, Clearly the membership are happy with how things were handled.

I’m an optimist so I hold out hope that lessons have been learned

The takeover I don’t believe can be directly put at the Trusts door. Possibly a lack of foresight but that can be understandable for a group of volunteers.

The underhand way they tried to push through such a damaging and ridiculous deal to pander to the Americans in exchange for our rights to ever realistically be able to protect the club can be blamed on them though, it was shocking. Essentially hush money that they wanted to accept.

But they have said lessons are learned so I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Long hard road ahead before I put my faith in them though, platitudes and words don’t do a lot for me without action.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Trust Statement on 12:20 - Nov 12 with 952 views_

What a god awful Trust Statement that was.

The one Lisa went to town on to display how PISSED OFF SHE WAS that Potter was just basically getting on with the job he was tasked with.....

And doing it brilliantly.

The Trust, in this statement, were basically trying to upset the good work Potter was trying to achieve at the time and whilst they said they wouldn't support the fans protesting, they went on to say they would understand if they did.

Sounds like that's what they really wanted, and especially at the time.

Luckily for us all now the Trust have slipped back into the darkness and are quiet.

Unfortunately though, we'll have another terrible update from them again soon and they'll do their best at that point to upset the applecart again.

Shame.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Trust Statement on 12:23 - Nov 12 with 940 views_

Trust Statement on 11:00 - Aug 10 by Phil_S

Post window in reality is obviously just since 5pm yesterday evening at which point the issues raised in the statement will have been raised.

Pre-window (or even during window) then we know the club has budget shortfalls (significant ones at that) which need to be bridged but it was our understanding and belief that whilst player sales were inevitable to reduce the wage bill and bridge the shortfalls then there would be incomings.

What has happened is - as is referred to in the statement - an insufficient regard for the quality of our playing squad and that is unacceptable and the viewpoint we will be taking back to the club

Hope you didn't bother doing that.

Would be pretty bloody embarrassing now.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Trust Statement on 12:27 - Nov 12 with 930 views_

Trust Statement on 17:55 - Aug 10 by KGriz16

People were screaming for the U23's to have a chance last season, and now this season they do have that chance. The players who left, wanted to leave, wanted no part of the squad/team/city of Swansea.
The loan market is still open, and still can be used.

Great post back then that hardly any wanted to give credit to.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024