Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement 10:31 - Aug 10 with 7559 viewsPhil_S

Have posted this in the sticky at the top as well but mindful it maybe missed so adding a separate thread

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2018/08/10/trust-statement-on-the-transfer-window-a
Trust Statement on 13:02 - Aug 10 with 1815 viewsEasternJack

Trust Statement on 10:58 - Aug 10 by Phil_S

Unfortunately that is the creation of the selling shareholders who ensured that all voting rights and decisions were sold away with the shares.

ANd that is why there is an ongoing legal discussion around it. And that is exactly why fans should renew the membership or it almost feels as if the first part of your sentence relates to your actions rather than anything

The mess here was created by those that elected to sell to the first available people.

Without wishing to antagonise, however weren't you chair of the trust when all this was happening?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Trust Statement on 13:05 - Aug 10 with 1798 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement on 13:02 - Aug 10 by EasternJack

Without wishing to antagonise, however weren't you chair of the trust when all this was happening?

Yes I was an if you remember correctly the conversations went on for over 6 months before they decided to tell us

The deed had been done long before we would have been aware of it

The decision to sell to the first people...
Trust Statement on 13:25 - Aug 10 with 1746 viewsdickythorpe

As a fan I just want to see the Swans take the field and play to their potential.

I think the trust are in a position where they are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

The board isn't listening to any of us.

So much positivity since last Saturday seems to have been diluted since yesterday.

Shame.
Trust Statement on 13:32 - Aug 10 with 1729 viewsdrich

Trust Statement on 13:25 - Aug 10 by dickythorpe

As a fan I just want to see the Swans take the field and play to their potential.

I think the trust are in a position where they are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

The board isn't listening to any of us.

So much positivity since last Saturday seems to have been diluted since yesterday.

Shame.

That positivity hasnt been diluted, its been utterly washed away based on what I've been reading.

It's hard to remain positive when the guts have been ripped from the squad - which was expected - but there has been barely more than a sticky plaster applied to the wound.

I want to be positive, and I'll be at the game tomorrow to get behind the team. Only time will tell if the board are willing to show a similar level of support.
Trust Statement on 14:10 - Aug 10 with 1679 viewsdonkonky

Trust Statement on 11:12 - Aug 10 by Magic_Michu

What about their previous statements that Levien and Kaplan have made that they have the finances as owners to improve the club... my understanding is their haven’t put a cent of their own money into improving our club.

Surely they need to take some responsibility and actually invest some of their own money?

Pipe dreams and wishful thinking.

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t one of the said reasons Jenkins and co sold to the Americans was that they would be better placed to meet the financial hit of relegation?
Trust Statement on 14:17 - Aug 10 with 1662 viewsLoyal

Trust Statement on 14:10 - Aug 10 by donkonky

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t one of the said reasons Jenkins and co sold to the Americans was that they would be better placed to meet the financial hit of relegation?

Stop remembering things, your thick remember, a swansea fan, easily busted, if you keep on remembering things, it all might add up to 4.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Trust Statement on 14:29 - Aug 10 with 1641 viewsawayjack

He must wish he could lie away his previous lies! Not only to people remember but most of his lies are on the digital record.
Trust Statement on 14:41 - Aug 10 with 1613 viewspembsjack

Do the trust know who is in charge of our transfer dealings?
Im sure when Potter was announced he said that past transfer mistakes wouldn't happen as football people will now make those decisions.
I thought that meant Potter would of had a big say, however that window smells of Huw. I was half expecting and Scandinavian starlet maybe coming this way. I find it hard to believe John and Clare were high on Potters shopping list. Did he actually mean the Americans ran the past couple of windows and have now handed it back to Huw.
Be good to know, as when Potter came in it smelt like a fresh start, but now stinks of more bullshit.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement on 14:48 - Aug 10 with 1583 viewsWingstandwood

Yep! Indeed! Indeed so!

In fact amongst that the sea of absolute PR-bullsh1t in Dineen's preposterous Swansea Sound interview came an accompanying proclamation that he and Jenkins are mere ordinary supporters just like the rest of the JackArmy.....And according to Dineen he and other scumbag filth (words to that effect) sold as an act of (*cough, cough, cough*) selfless love!

And? According to Dineen the Yanks were indeed brought in because they were 'The-A-team' and 'Red-Adairs' of cash-flow facilitation/reaction ... The sale was (according to Dineen) some kind of insurance policy against the pitfalls of relegation from the Premier League.... The Yanks (*cough, cough, cough*) a rapid-reaction force brought in to prevent a recurrence of a Petty-esque scenario where players will leave at way below market value?

(*Now hang on*) Thats's happening now?

Argus!

Trust Statement on 14:49 - Aug 10 with 1579 viewsdobjack2

Trust Statement on 14:41 - Aug 10 by pembsjack

Im sure when Potter was announced he said that past transfer mistakes wouldn't happen as football people will now make those decisions.
I thought that meant Potter would of had a big say, however that window smells of Huw. I was half expecting and Scandinavian starlet maybe coming this way. I find it hard to believe John and Clare were high on Potters shopping list. Did he actually mean the Americans ran the past couple of windows and have now handed it back to Huw.
Be good to know, as when Potter came in it smelt like a fresh start, but now stinks of more bullshit.

The manager doesn’t have the last word- the money men do.
Trust Statement on 14:50 - Aug 10 with 1574 viewsawayjack

It's clear like many managers before him, Potter has been lied to. This window has Huw / Yanks all over it. He seems like a man with values so it'll be interesting when he comments on this window if he's honest.
Trust Statement on 14:55 - Aug 10 with 1560 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Trust Statement on 12:53 - Aug 10 by Phil_S

That all seems a reasonable request

Thank you Phil. Our Board member will need to be forensic in getting to the issues, I have some human performance stuff that could help, but I'm sure there are people equipped to develop these skills in the Trust. It's not easy to get into this frame of mind in a Board meeting.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Trust Statement on 17:23 - Aug 10 with 1467 viewsclloy2

Trust Statement on 14:48 - Aug 10 by Wingstandwood

Yep! Indeed! Indeed so!

In fact amongst that the sea of absolute PR-bullsh1t in Dineen's preposterous Swansea Sound interview came an accompanying proclamation that he and Jenkins are mere ordinary supporters just like the rest of the JackArmy.....And according to Dineen he and other scumbag filth (words to that effect) sold as an act of (*cough, cough, cough*) selfless love!

And? According to Dineen the Yanks were indeed brought in because they were 'The-A-team' and 'Red-Adairs' of cash-flow facilitation/reaction ... The sale was (according to Dineen) some kind of insurance policy against the pitfalls of relegation from the Premier League.... The Yanks (*cough, cough, cough*) a rapid-reaction force brought in to prevent a recurrence of a Petty-esque scenario where players will leave at way below market value?

Of course- all these reasons were so beneficial to the long term well being of the club, that's why the sell outs decided to exclude the trust from the sale !!!
Trust Statement on 17:43 - Aug 10 with 1414 viewsPawelAbbott

Trust Statement on 14:48 - Aug 10 by Wingstandwood

Yep! Indeed! Indeed so!

I Think what has happened this summer is worse than Petty.
Petty axed the contracts of a large proportion of the first team squad, but they had no real transfer value to the club.
This time they have virtually given away the core of the team, recouping a fraction of what we paid for many of the players, in an attempt to generate cash.
Trust Statement on 17:48 - Aug 10 with 1395 viewsGowerjack

And you're surprised at that?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Trust Statement on 17:53 - Aug 10 with 1371 viewspembsjack

Trust Statement on 17:48 - Aug 10 by Gowerjack

And you're surprised at that?

Not surprised, slightly disappointed. Had a glimmer of hope when Potter came in, seems I fell for the scam as well.
Trust Statement on 17:55 - Aug 10 with 1362 viewsKGriz16

People were screaming for the U23's to have a chance last season, and now this season they do have that chance. The players who left, wanted to leave, wanted no part of the squad/team/city of Swansea.
The loan market is still open, and still can be used.
Trust Statement on 18:23 - Aug 10 with 1297 viewsjohnlangy

Trust Statement on 12:55 - Aug 10 by Phil_S

Thanks Murph75 for re-registering with a new username to throw around an insult

Well done, you must be proud

Sorry I missed your attempts to try and make a difference

The guy is a tw*t Phil.

Which you already know.
Trust Statement on 18:23 - Aug 10 with 1297 viewslonglostjack

Trust Statement on 17:55 - Aug 10 by KGriz16

People were screaming for the U23's to have a chance last season, and now this season they do have that chance. The players who left, wanted to leave, wanted no part of the squad/team/city of Swansea.

The final straw if it isn’t.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust Statement on 18:23 - Aug 10 with 1297 viewsherbie

Phil. Surely the Trust asked the Directors and Chairman what the cash flow situation was, what players had to be sold and how much was going to be available to Mr Potter. I would be interested to learn what answers were given to those questions please?
Trust Statement on 18:25 - Aug 10 with 1292 viewsdobjack2

Trust Statement on 17:55 - Aug 10 by KGriz16

We’ll see what the squad is like at the end of the month.

However, yesterday’s business where we appear to have decided at the last minute not to go through with a deal we have been chasing for weeks and have left us with one senior centre half and one fit striker does not bode well.

This is a tough league with a long hard season.
Trust Statement on 18:54 - Aug 10 with 1250 viewsUxbridge

Trust Statement on 14:49 - Aug 10 by dobjack2

The manager doesn’t have the last word- the money men do.

And therein lies the rub. Clearly things have changed in player recruitment etc, however the deals only conclude when the majority owners sign them off. This doesn't seem an issue of lack of identified targets.

The lack of any words from the majority owners explaining to the fans is disappointing but sadly not unusual. Hopefully the rumours of a statement are true.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Statement on 19:03 - Aug 10 with 1225 viewsEasternJack

Trust Statement on 13:05 - Aug 10 by Phil_S

Yes I was an if you remember correctly the conversations went on for over 6 months before they decided to tell us

Fair enough. The whole argument has been done to death on here.

Speaking personally - and as a former long standing trust member - i found the actions of the trust board over the past 3 years at best extremely naive. Taking at face value that nobody was aware the deal, the response thereafter (as well as the various exposes) was demonstratebly woeful, culminating in that appalling vote on shares.

Regardless, Clearly the membership are happy with how things were handled.

I’m an optimist so I hold out hope that lessons have been learned

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Trust Statement on 19:16 - Aug 10 with 1198 viewsJACK_SWAN

Who is the now the supporters director?
Trust Statement on 19:17 - Aug 10 with 1196 views1983

Trust Statement on 13:05 - Aug 10 by Phil_S

So what makes you so different this time then Phil?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024