Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pretty shocked 12:30 - Aug 10 with 7640 viewsdeanscfc

...to see fans on here defending the way the board have behaved yet again in this transfer window. How can anyone see leaving ourselves with just one central defender and refusing to spend an extra 500k on a solid championship midfielder, when we have yet again made the highest net profit in a transfer window as acceptable? What was it...40 million or so? ...and how much do we get in parachute payments again too?

Looks very much like the owners couldn't give a toss about going for promotion or the fans who support and make the club what it is. They don't care about you so why defend them?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 12:32]
Pretty shocked on 12:33 - Aug 10 with 3743 viewsDarran

To an extent I agree Dean we could be in League 2 in two years time and some people will still be sucking Jenkins cock.

The transfer window hasn’t closed though.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 12:38]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pretty shocked on 12:36 - Aug 10 with 3709 viewsjasper_T

- We have 3 central defenders in the first team squad: vdh, Rodon and Harries. The loan window is still open. The replacement we were actively scouting tore his hamstring a week ago.

- The reason the Woods deal broke down wasn't necessarily "the club didn't want to spend £500k". The loan window is still open, Woods is by most accounts still keen to leave Brentford.

- £40m is transfer income, reduction in wages plus parachute payments puts us in a secure financial position going into the season. In isolation these figures are exactly where we want to be for a sustainable football club (ideally we would have reached this figure selling the Ayews and getting one more in, yeah).
Pretty shocked on 12:37 - Aug 10 with 3698 viewsdeanscfc

Pretty shocked on 12:33 - Aug 10 by Darran

To an extent I agree Dean we could be in League 2 in two years time and some people will still be sucking Jenkins cock.

I rarely find time to post these days but was genuinely shocked to see some on here defend the owners today and had to.

Yes ...hope we at least can make some use of the loan market.
Pretty shocked on 12:39 - Aug 10 with 3674 viewsDarran

Pretty shocked on 12:37 - Aug 10 by deanscfc

I rarely find time to post these days but was genuinely shocked to see some on here defend the owners today and had to.

Yes ...hope we at least can make some use of the loan market.

Some of them (E20) are only doing it to be antagonistic.

Pretty shocked on 12:42 - Aug 10 with 3636 viewswaynekerr55

Pretty shocked on 12:33 - Aug 10 by Darran

Genuine question here asked with no malice.

Why is Dineen still on the payroll? What does he do? What does he offer that someone like Pearlman (who has an impressive CV) doesn't

We're skint yet we're throwing money around in the wrong areas

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Pretty shocked on 12:43 - Aug 10 with 3625 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Pretty shocked on 12:36 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

- We have 3 central defenders in the first team squad: vdh, Rodon and Harries. The loan window is still open. The replacement we were actively scouting tore his hamstring a week ago.

- The reason the Woods deal broke down wasn't necessarily "the club didn't want to spend £500k". The loan window is still open, Woods is by most accounts still keen to leave Brentford.

- £40m is transfer income, reduction in wages plus parachute payments puts us in a secure financial position going into the season. In isolation these figures are exactly where we want to be for a sustainable football club (ideally we would have reached this figure selling the Ayews and getting one more in, yeah).

"first team squad", Rodon & Harries?
ROFL.
Pretty shocked on 12:44 - Aug 10 with 3601 viewsdeanscfc

Two of those central defenders don't even have any experience at championship level though unless I'm wrong. At the very least we could have kept Amat.

I understand the wage bill situation but surely there has to be a bit of balance. These are exactly the same mistakes that got us relegated in the first place (forgetting/reluctance to invest in the playing squad). There is absolutely no reason we should be in this situation. Sell Siggy, Sell Llorente and expect to stay up...thick as it gets...and we're doing exactly the same again.

Are you saying you think Woods may still come on loan?
Pretty shocked on 12:45 - Aug 10 with 3583 viewsDarran

Pretty shocked on 12:42 - Aug 10 by waynekerr55

Genuine question here asked with no malice.

Why is Dineen still on the payroll? What does he do? What does he offer that someone like Pearlman (who has an impressive CV) doesn't

We're skint yet we're throwing money around in the wrong areas

I’ve no idea.

Login to get fewer ads

Pretty shocked on 12:47 - Aug 10 with 3561 viewspencoedjack

Pretty shocked on 12:43 - Aug 10 by A_Fans_Dad

"first team squad", Rodon & Harries?
ROFL.

Anyone who defends Jenkins is not a real Swans fan
Pretty shocked on 12:48 - Aug 10 with 3554 viewsdeanscfc

Pretty shocked on 12:39 - Aug 10 by Darran

I should also point out that up until mid last season (probably), I was a bit of a defender of Jenkins...I looked at things from the point of view of their personal business interests as well. But what's happened since then is way too much - to consistently make the most net profit while getting relegated and then needlessly weakening your championship side is indefensible.
Pretty shocked on 12:49 - Aug 10 with 3542 viewsawayjack

You have various groups still defending the indefensible:

- Board friends and family. Quite a few on here and other sites.
- On Payroll. Not all club staff but a paid to defend position on social media You can make a guess on some here.
- In denial. No matter what the Yanks /Board do, they'll believe it'll all work out in the end. You'll see the 'Don't panic yet' and why the 'drama queens' comments.
- Match-day fans. Only really care about the match. Leave off the field stuff to others. 'Trust in Huw' etc.
Pretty shocked on 12:51 - Aug 10 with 3527 viewsHugeEnkins

Pretty shocked on 12:44 - Aug 10 by deanscfc

Two of those central defenders don't even have any experience at championship level though unless I'm wrong. At the very least we could have kept Amat.

I understand the wage bill situation but surely there has to be a bit of balance. These are exactly the same mistakes that got us relegated in the first place (forgetting/reluctance to invest in the playing squad). There is absolutely no reason we should be in this situation. Sell Siggy, Sell Llorente and expect to stay up...thick as it gets...and we're doing exactly the same again.

Woods on loan has reportedly, already, been written off...
Pretty shocked on 12:57 - Aug 10 with 3472 viewsBadlands

Pretty shocked on 12:44 - Aug 10 by deanscfc

Mawson's Championship experience when he arrived in the Premier League was 4 games.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Pretty shocked on 12:57 - Aug 10 with 3470 viewsPegojack

Anyone still defending Jenkins et al is either a WUM or has the IQ of an ameoba.
Pretty shocked on 13:07 - Aug 10 with 3410 viewsLeonWasGod

I’m surprised people are so blinded by bitterness towards Huwbert* that they can’t see what the Americans are doing to our club.

*Rightly so, I’m not defending him and don’t think he should be here after the way he handled the sale.
Pretty shocked on 13:21 - Aug 10 with 3333 viewswaynekerr55

Pretty shocked on 13:07 - Aug 10 by LeonWasGod

I’m surprised people are so blinded by bitterness towards Huwbert* that they can’t see what the Americans are doing to our club.

*Rightly so, I’m not defending him and don’t think he should be here after the way he handled the sale.

To be fair it's an investment for them. They never once uttered the words by fans for fans, did they.

Jenkins and co got us in this mess.

Pretty shocked on 13:26 - Aug 10 with 3299 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Pretty shocked on 13:21 - Aug 10 by waynekerr55

To be fair it's an investment for them. They never once uttered the words by fans for fans, did they.

Jenkins and co got us in this mess.

Do you think the rest of the Hedge Fund members are very happy with the current situatiuon?
Pretty shocked on 13:36 - Aug 10 with 3267 viewswaynekerr55

Pretty shocked on 13:26 - Aug 10 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you think the rest of the Hedge Fund members are very happy with the current situatiuon?

Well that depends on their returns- we won't know those figures unfortunately

Pretty shocked on 13:37 - Aug 10 with 3252 viewsHeadmaster

Some people simply don't want to accept how ridiculous the situation is, and will invent any excuse to justify the complete incompetence from the board.
Pretty shocked on 13:44 - Aug 10 with 3210 viewspeenemunde

Pretty shocked on 12:47 - Aug 10 by pencoedjack

Anyone who defends Jenkins is not a real Swans fan

Who are you who is a real Swans fan 🤣
Pretty shocked on 13:52 - Aug 10 with 3170 viewsE20Jack

Pretty shocked on 12:39 - Aug 10 by Darran

What’s antagonistic about it?

Liar.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Pretty shocked on 13:56 - Aug 10 with 3138 viewsE20Jack

It is not defending people, anyone could be doing it and the response be the same. It is stating where we are and what is needed for the club now we are relegated.

It doesn’t need defending. It is the right thing to do.

Pretty shocked on 13:56 - Aug 10 with 3141 viewsThornburyswan

To be fair don't think I've seen anyone defending Huw or the owners/Board but I have seen fans put themselves somewhere on the scale from (1) it's shambolic/embezzlement/all gone to hell in a hand cart so let's protest tomorrow to the other end (10) ok yesterday was disappointing but I like the look of the new gaffer's jib & there is still the 3-week loan window so I'll still support the team tomorrow & see what occurs over the next 3 weeks.

I'm an 8/9 on that scale but will move towards the 2/3 end IF we don't get 3/4 decent players in via the loan window - minimum for me would be 2 x CBs, one CM & one striker.
Pretty shocked on 13:57 - Aug 10 with 3131 viewslondonlisa2001

Pretty shocked on 13:56 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

It is not defending people, anyone could be doing it and the response be the same. It is stating where we are and what is needed for the club now we are relegated.

It doesn’t need defending. It is the right thing to do.

No it’s not.

Read the Trust statement.
Pretty shocked on 13:58 - Aug 10 with 3118 viewsE20Jack

Dont talk sense you will have the likes of jacksfullaces and Darran the liar getting all confused and getting their knickers in a twist and calling you a troll.

You are of course, correct.

No idea what people expected.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024