Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Central defenders 13:15 - Aug 10 with 6677 viewsTheFranchise

Is it just Mike left?
Central defenders on 13:17 - Aug 10 with 5148 viewsJackfath

And Rodon and some other fella.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Central defenders on 13:19 - Aug 10 with 5130 viewsjasper_T

You'd think Swansea fans would have a better clue about the players at their club.
Central defenders on 13:21 - Aug 10 with 5096 viewsJackfath

Central defenders on 13:19 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

You'd think Swansea fans would have a better clue about the players at their club.

We can't all be amazing fans like you.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Central defenders on 13:21 - Aug 10 with 5094 viewsgiantstoneater

We will have to recall that young lad on loan to a LOW team his name eludes me.
Central defenders on 13:22 - Aug 10 with 5090 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Except the OP is correct, the others are not 1st Team players.
Central defenders on 13:23 - Aug 10 with 5071 viewsTheFranchise

Damn, not enough middle fingers.

So is it?
Central defenders on 13:23 - Aug 10 with 5069 viewslondonlisa2001

Jasper. You’ve spent the past few days, desperately trying to pretend that Rodon and Harris are members of the first team squad.

What are you trying to achieve here? And on whose behalf?

Because they are not. They may now have to step up, but until a few weeks ago, the club regarded the first team squad centre backs as being Mawson, Fernandez, VD Hoorn, Amat, Bartley.

Rodon and Harris were classed as development players.

That is a fact.
Central defenders on 13:27 - Aug 10 with 5015 viewsslate_dk

Naughton, Hoorn, Roberts and Olsson are the remaining defenders… I guess that we will see more U23 players visiting this season

Teamsheet has been updated
https://www.swanseacity.com/teams/swansea-city
Login to get fewer ads

Central defenders on 13:28 - Aug 10 with 4999 viewsjasper_T

Central defenders on 13:23 - Aug 10 by londonlisa2001

Jasper. You’ve spent the past few days, desperately trying to pretend that Rodon and Harris are members of the first team squad.

Because they are not. They may now have to step up, but until a few weeks ago, the club regarded the first team squad centre backs as being Mawson, Fernandez, VD Hoorn, Amat, Bartley.

That is a fact.

They train with the first team. The went on the preseason tour. Rodon was on the bench last Saturday.

They weren't in the first team when we were a Premier League side with 5 senior alternatives, but that's not the situation any more. Like it or not they are part of Potter's squad in the Championship.
Central defenders on 13:28 - Aug 10 with 4988 viewsnantywatcher

I repeat - I think Fulton could rise to the occasion for 2/3 games. Ki coped with the position, so why not Jay?
Central defenders on 13:30 - Aug 10 with 4974 viewslondonlisa2001

Central defenders on 13:27 - Aug 10 by slate_dk

Naughton, Hoorn, Roberts and Olsson are the remaining defenders… I guess that we will see more U23 players visiting this season

Teamsheet has been updated
https://www.swanseacity.com/teams/swansea-city

There you go Jasper.

Not even the club this morning regard them as first team players.

Unlike Byers, for example, who is included.
Central defenders on 13:31 - Aug 10 with 4958 viewsJango

Central defenders on 13:23 - Aug 10 by londonlisa2001

That is a fact.

Rodon was on the bench Saturday. He’s very much a part of the first team. People were crying out for us to use u23s like James and Byers last year when we were crap. Now we’ve dropped down a level and look like we’ll be using some of them people are not happy.
Central defenders on 13:31 - Aug 10 with 4943 viewslondonlisa2001

Central defenders on 13:28 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

They train with the first team. The went on the preseason tour. Rodon was on the bench last Saturday.

They weren't in the first team when we were a Premier League side with 5 senior alternatives, but that's not the situation any more. Like it or not they are part of Potter's squad in the Championship.

The club stated specifically that it was taking some development players on the tour.

And the club website doesn’t appear to think they are first team players. Even this morning.

It’s indefensible. Stop defending it.
Central defenders on 13:32 - Aug 10 with 4930 viewsAce_Jack

Central defenders on 13:28 - Aug 10 by nantywatcher

I repeat - I think Fulton could rise to the occasion for 2/3 games. Ki coped with the position, so why not Jay?

Jay Fulton? At centre back? Please God no
Central defenders on 13:34 - Aug 10 with 4914 views34dfgdf54

Give Rodon a run tomorrow,

He’s 20 now, he’s either good enough or he’s not so give him a run of games. Prefer that than putting a right back there.
Central defenders on 13:35 - Aug 10 with 4890 viewsnantywatcher

Central defenders on 13:32 - Aug 10 by Ace_Jack

Jay Fulton? At centre back? Please God no

Explain yourself, because that comment mystifies me.
Central defenders on 13:39 - Aug 10 with 4842 viewsjasper_T

Central defenders on 13:31 - Aug 10 by londonlisa2001

The club stated specifically that it was taking some development players on the tour.

And the club website doesn’t appear to think they are first team players. Even this morning.

It’s indefensible. Stop defending it.

What am I defending? I don't think I've ever said selling our other defenders is good because Rodon and Harries exist.

edit: Actually one of my posts in another thread could be read that way...
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 13:41]
Central defenders on 13:40 - Aug 10 with 4835 viewslondonlisa2001

Central defenders on 13:31 - Aug 10 by Jango

Rodon was on the bench Saturday. He’s very much a part of the first team. People were crying out for us to use u23s like James and Byers last year when we were crap. Now we’ve dropped down a level and look like we’ll be using some of them people are not happy.

Rodon being on the bench (alongside Amat let’s not forget) is one thing. Being a starting first choice is quite another.

He would have come on last week with two centre half injuries or one central midfield injury and one centre half.

On Saturday, he may well start, unless we use a non centre back as a centre back.
Central defenders on 13:42 - Aug 10 with 4815 viewslondonlisa2001

Central defenders on 13:39 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

What am I defending? I don't think I've ever said selling our other defenders is good because Rodon and Harries exist.

edit: Actually one of my posts in another thread could be read that way...
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 13:41]

Every single time someone has mentioned only having one first team centre back you’ve been all over it like a rash.
Central defenders on 13:46 - Aug 10 with 4773 viewsjasper_T

Central defenders on 13:42 - Aug 10 by londonlisa2001

Every single time someone has mentioned only having one first team centre back you’ve been all over it like a rash.

People genuinely don't seem to be aware that we have the captain of Wales u21s and a player we bought for £250k (plus addons rising to £1m) on the books, and that they're both centrebacks. I'm performing a public service.
Central defenders on 13:47 - Aug 10 with 4756 viewsJinxy

Central defenders on 13:40 - Aug 10 by londonlisa2001

Rodon being on the bench (alongside Amat let’s not forget) is one thing. Being a starting first choice is quite another.

He would have come on last week with two centre half injuries or one central midfield injury and one centre half.

On Saturday, he may well start, unless we use a non centre back as a centre back.

The weird thing is Lisa that there's a hue and cry over Ryan Woods - which I understand and somewhat support, but like it or not we do have some midfield options, especially Fer returning (soon please Leroy).

The critical position is CB, and the club would have known that given their intentions, and surely should have lined up cover for the CB position once Mawson, Amat and especially Fede were released. Or am I missing another high profile signing that broke down?
Central defenders on 13:51 - Aug 10 with 4700 viewslondonlisa2001

Central defenders on 13:47 - Aug 10 by Jinxy

The weird thing is Lisa that there's a hue and cry over Ryan Woods - which I understand and somewhat support, but like it or not we do have some midfield options, especially Fer returning (soon please Leroy).

The critical position is CB, and the club would have known that given their intentions, and surely should have lined up cover for the CB position once Mawson, Amat and especially Fede were released. Or am I missing another high profile signing that broke down?

Yes, I agree. I said yesterda6 Woods for me was not the ke6 issue but centre back and forward was.

I think the issue with Woods is that Potter had seemingly made him the prime target. We had an agreement with the player, were only half a million off with fee, Fulton ready to go to Reading, and we still didn’t get it done.

So it’s a symbol of lack of support for the manager that’s caused the issue I think.
Central defenders on 13:51 - Aug 10 with 4700 viewsjasper_T

Central defenders on 13:47 - Aug 10 by Jinxy

We were supposedly after McKenna before he tore his hamstring.

Made a loan enquiry for Cameron Carter-Vickers a week or so back as well (rumoured).
Central defenders on 13:53 - Aug 10 with 4674 viewsJango

Central defenders on 13:40 - Aug 10 by londonlisa2001

Do you know 100% that Amat would have come on before Rodon? No. Rodon played just as much in pre season. The whole situation is not ideal but we were always gonna have to rely on at least one of Rodon and Harries at some point this year. Man City we’re linked to Rodon in January so let’s see gow he goes.
Central defenders on 13:54 - Aug 10 with 4668 viewslondonlisa2001

Central defenders on 13:46 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

People genuinely don't seem to be aware that we have the captain of Wales u21s and a player we bought for £250k (plus addons rising to £1m) on the books, and that they're both centrebacks. I'm performing a public service.

They are aware. We have all mentioned them a number of times.

But Rodon didn’t exactly pull trees up at Cheltenham did he? There are good reports about him as one for the future. As there are with Harries. But that doesn’t make them first team players at this moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024