Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Central defenders 13:15 - Aug 10 with 6684 viewsTheFranchise

Is it just Mike left?
Central defenders on 13:56 - Aug 10 with 1506 viewslondonlisa2001

Central defenders on 13:53 - Aug 10 by Jango

Do you know 100% that Amat would have come on before Rodon? No. Rodon played just as much in pre season. The whole situation is not ideal but we were always gonna have to rely on at least one of Rodon and Harries at some point this year. Man City we’re linked to Rodon in January so let’s see gow he goes.

Carry on defending it Jango if it makes you feel better.

But relying on them at some point and being the only options at the start of the season are two completely different things.
Central defenders on 14:04 - Aug 10 with 1476 viewsJinxy

Central defenders on 13:51 - Aug 10 by londonlisa2001

Yes, I agree. I said yesterda6 Woods for me was not the ke6 issue but centre back and forward was.

I think the issue with Woods is that Potter had seemingly made him the prime target. We had an agreement with the player, were only half a million off with fee, Fulton ready to go to Reading, and we still didn’t get it done.

So it’s a symbol of lack of support for the manager that’s caused the issue I think.

Yes you'd think they would have made backing GP a priority, given it was their first chance to prove, or disprove as it turned out maybe, their support. I hope he was genuinely ill (though that doesn't sound very kind either).

Cup half full says the books have to be balanced, sales were a priority and replacements can be met with loan signings, albeit knowing our lot it'll be 11th hour, and failing, again. Sorry drifted into cup half empty there.

Thanks also Jasper for reply.
Central defenders on 14:09 - Aug 10 with 1449 viewsandypitt56

Central defenders on 13:56 - Aug 10 by londonlisa2001

But relying on them at some point and being the only options at the start of the season are two completely different things.

Chris wathan has tweeted in the last hour - Brief summary of what he has tweeted:

Woods deal still there to be done, and he has been told other targets are lined up.

Its not a good situation going into this weekend, but hopefully by the end of the month we will have some players in. My only issue with loans is that when the good players come available, there is usually half a dozen other clubs all vying for the same players. Then if you lose out, you end up with players like the lad from chelsea that barely played a game under rodgers. No good enough.
Central defenders on 14:17 - Aug 10 with 1429 viewsdobjack2

Central defenders on 13:53 - Aug 10 by Jango

Do you know 100% that Amat would have come on before Rodon? No. Rodon played just as much in pre season. The whole situation is not ideal but we were always gonna have to rely on at least one of Rodon and Harries at some point this year. Man City we’re linked to Rodon in January so let’s see gow he goes.

Agree that they were going to play some time, but surely the issue now is that one has to play with the other as back up for the next game and possibly the foreseeable future.

Also leaves us very very thin if we try 3 at the back as presumably an out of position naughton would be our 3rd centre back.
Central defenders on 14:18 - Aug 10 with 1424 viewsawayjack

Central defenders on 13:31 - Aug 10 by Jango

Rodon was on the bench Saturday. He’s very much a part of the first team. People were crying out for us to use u23s like James and Byers last year when we were crap. Now we’ve dropped down a level and look like we’ll be using some of them people are not happy.

The same people saying to use Rodon, James and Harries last year seem relaxed our squad is OK. Those with any football knowledge know to blood so many development players at once in the championship is not just high risk but footballing suicide.
Central defenders on 14:25 - Aug 10 with 1395 viewsdobjack2

Central defenders on 14:18 - Aug 10 by awayjack

The same people saying to use Rodon, James and Harries last year seem relaxed our squad is OK. Those with any football knowledge know to blood so many development players at once in the championship is not just high risk but footballing suicide.

Remind me again about what happened the last time we got relegated from top division.
Central defenders on 14:26 - Aug 10 with 1391 viewsjasper_T

Central defenders on 14:18 - Aug 10 by awayjack

How many is "so many"? We had one in the side against Sheffield (Asoro) and personally I don't think he should start against Preston. We won that game (after he went off).

We're looking at potentially one enforced blooding this weekend. If Naughton is fit we can put experience across the rest of the back four to help him out. The rest of the side is pretty established at this level (Fulton the big question mark).

Preston themselves might be throwing a City youth player in at the deep end (Nmecha).
Central defenders on 14:47 - Aug 10 with 1319 viewsomarjack

Rodon and Harries are 5th tier level ffs..

The positions we were best at was decimated..now it's one of the worst..and we already have plenty on that..

And no..Naughton is not a CB..He's not even a RB tbh..nor a real footballer but oh well..

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Login to get fewer ads

Central defenders on 14:57 - Aug 10 with 1296 viewsawayjack

Central defenders on 14:26 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

How many is "so many"? We had one in the side against Sheffield (Asoro) and personally I don't think he should start against Preston. We won that game (after he went off).

We're looking at potentially one enforced blooding this weekend. If Naughton is fit we can put experience across the rest of the back four to help him out. The rest of the side is pretty established at this level (Fulton the big question mark).

Preston themselves might be throwing a City youth player in at the deep end (Nmecha).

You added James and Harries to Rodon in your post. That's too many. Nmecha is on a different level to all three. Do you honestly think selling 4 or 5 senior CB was sensible?
Central defenders on 15:06 - Aug 10 with 1271 viewsjasper_T

Central defenders on 14:57 - Aug 10 by awayjack

You added James and Harries to Rodon in your post. That's too many. Nmecha is on a different level to all three. Do you honestly think selling 4 or 5 senior CB was sensible?

No, but it was understandable considering they all wanted out. Timing extremely unfortunate for Potter.

Over the course of the season I'd love to see the top u23s players of last season introduced to first team football, but obviously it's something that would need to be carefully managed. I wouldn't want Potter to throw Rodon, James and Byers into the team all at once, especially with Roberts, McBurnie and Asoro still arguably finding their feet. The right structure is vital.

I've not seen Nmecha play (was injured when we last played City's u23s). Massive step up for him, expect Alex Neil will introduce him gradually (or did they lose a striker recently? Injury?)
Central defenders on 15:32 - Aug 10 with 1208 viewsJango

Central defenders on 13:56 - Aug 10 by londonlisa2001

Ah whatever Lisa. I’m not defending it I’m just being realistic. We have to rely on Rodon or harries over the coming week or so the same way we would have if we’d had an injury and suspension. The window is still very much open for us to bring in who we need. The club know, the clubs we want to get players off know it but you can’t grasp it. If we’ve got the same squad in 3 weeks I’ll apologise. I somehow doubt you will if it’s the opposite.
Central defenders on 15:45 - Aug 10 with 1164 viewsBadlands

Not sure about Rodon playing as a regular but he was very good in the Eibar game when he came on Also Maric has dropped back from defensive midfield to act as an extra CB.
In fact when the under 23s came on the game was a lot more cohesive - they are far more aware of each other and also are used to playing a passing game.

While I expect to see loan players coming in at CB, FB, CDM and Striker our under 23s should be offered opportunities. Otherwise why bother with an academy?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Central defenders on 15:57 - Aug 10 with 1116 viewsFireboy2

Central defenders on 13:34 - Aug 10 by 34dfgdf54

Give Rodon a run tomorrow,

He’s 20 now, he’s either good enough or he’s not so give him a run of games. Prefer that than putting a right back there.

Potter has no choice risca

Rodon is the only other apart from the one whose name escapes me that potter can pick

I truly hope that he steps up
Central defenders on 16:11 - Aug 10 with 1077 viewsdonkonky

The last 3 youngsters to be thrown in at the deep end (not just for cup games) Roberts, Davies and Allan didn’t do so bad. Maybe The next batch of u 23 will go on to be fans favourites too. If anything has come from this sorry state of affairs then at least they get the chance to shine
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024