Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... 18:55 - Aug 10 with 17155 viewsraynor94

Tonight, according to Rob Phillips on BBC Wales news just now, should be interesting

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:07 - Aug 10 with 1775 viewsJackSomething

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:05 - Aug 10 by pikeypaul

“Just lost £70m”

You really are a thick coont

Searing analysis of the situation.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:10 - Aug 10 with 1743 viewsSwans_16

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:00 - Aug 10 by Shaky

Think the statement is actually remarkably candid and not at all the usual PR piece.

They are admitting Swansea is effectively back to square 1, which rougly tallies with my analysis.

The club's players are worth approximately the amount of debts owed. Sell all the players and you can repay the debt and be left with the club infrastructure, training facilities, etc, and the odd company car.

This is the reset button, in effect starting from scratch.

What was missing was laying the blame at the door of Jenkins. And that is where it squarely belongs, because he was the mastermind behind the financing strategy that accumulated most of the debt.

Also missing was any mention that they will inject any financing themselves. Disappointing but frankly understandable from their point of view given they have just lost £70 million.

There's not much more to say other than to hope Potter's men perform and that he recruits pure gold. Because there is no margin for error currently.

I’m with this guy.

I hate the Yanks as much as any of you, but probably sums up our situation rather well.

Jenkins should be sacked though. How can someone who’s f*cked us up in so many seasons, both past and present still retain a job and be taking a salary from this club ? Any other job and you’d be goners.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:12 - Aug 10 with 1731 viewsOldjack

Think the statement is actually remarkably candid and not at all the usual PR piece.

They are admitting Swansea is effectively back to square 1, which rougly tallies with my analysis.

The club's players are worth approximately the amount of debts owed. Sell all the players and you can repay the debt and be left with the club infrastructure, training facilities, etc, and the odd company car.

What was missing was laying the blame at the door of Jenkins. And that is where it squarely belongs, because he was the mastermind behind the financing strategy that accumulated most of the debt.

Also missing was any mention that they will inject any financing themselves. Disappointing but frankly understandable from their point of view given they have just lost £70 million.

There's not much more to say other than to hope Potter's men perform and that he recruits pure gold. Because there is no margin for error currently.

Quote Also missing was any mention that they will inject any financing themselves.

I believe any money within the club is theirs to do what they want with, so they believe they have invested into the club with their own money ,if that makes sense, They've not put a bean into the club from outside as we were led to believe though .

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:12 - Aug 10 with 1733 viewsjacksfullaces

on that analysis then jenkins has lost them 70 million.

so it's in everyone's interest he leaves.

although I suppose in reality they aren't spending so he can't lose them anymore.

but surely he has done nothing for their investment so presumably they need a new fund manager on the ground.

cos he sure ain't there for PR purposes now
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:16 - Aug 10 with 1698 viewsItchySphincter

I think its pretty much how everyone sees things if they're honest with themselves. The thing that sticks in the craw is that we waited until deadline day to offload four of our five centre halves with no plan to to replace them - if not for that they wouldn't have been forced in to issuing that statement.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:16 - Aug 10 with 1694 viewsWatchman

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 19:00 - Aug 10 by Jackfath

Let's play bullshit bingo.

We must be patient...
We must protect the long term security of the club...
We ask the fans to support the team...

oddly I was talking about bullshit bingo yesterday on twitter and within an hour got banned from posting

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:16 - Aug 10 with 1694 viewsShaky

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:12 - Aug 10 by jacksfullaces

although I suppose in reality they aren't spending so he can't lose them anymore.

but surely he has done nothing for their investment so presumably they need a new fund manager on the ground.

True, but as i argued yesterday he has now gone some fair distance towards cleaning up the - balance sheet - mess he left.

Him or somebody else, but I doubt Pearlmann would have been able to work the transfer system like that.]

Think it is quite possible he leaves sometime in the next 12 months.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:18 - Aug 10 with 1677 viewsWarwickHunt

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:12 - Aug 10 by jacksfullaces

Couldn’t run a two bob roofing supplies company let alone a £100m company.
Login to get fewer ads

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:19 - Aug 10 with 1668 viewsShaky

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:12 - Aug 10 by Oldjack

Quote Also missing was any mention that they will inject any financing themselves.

I believe any money within the club is theirs to do what they want with, so they believe they have invested into the club with their own money ,if that makes sense, They've not put a bean into the club from outside as we were led to believe though .

Correction: Any money left after the debts have been settled.

And the debts are still significant. As things stand they have lost their shirts on this investment; trust me on this.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:19 - Aug 10 with 1659 viewsWatchman

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:16 - Aug 10 by Shaky

True, but as i argued yesterday he has now gone some fair distance towards cleaning up the - balance sheet - mess he left.

Him or somebody else, but I doubt Pearlmann would have been able to work the transfer system like that.]

so no explanation of turning down £8m for a player only to send it out on loan a few weeks later.
Patronizing people about efficencies when the people who made the decisions cannot even do it themselves

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:22 - Aug 10 with 1628 viewslondonlisa2001

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:16 - Aug 10 by Shaky

The problem is shaky, that when taking costs out of a company, you don’t take them all from the production line and nothing from the back office.

Nor do you take them all from one but of the production line leaving the rest overloaded for your new capacity.

To reiterate, we have one centre back, one forward, 7 wingers.

That’s not a sensible restructure, it’s a sh*t job from people that have zero clue.

Taking out cost - brilliant. We all agree.

Leaving no balance in squad - dreadful. Possible for mitigation but not holding breath.

Leaving the management intact that oversaw the debacle - unforgivable. How much longer.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:23 - Aug 10 with 1628 viewsShaky

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:19 - Aug 10 by Watchman

so no explanation of turning down £8m for a player only to send it out on loan a few weeks later.
Patronizing people about efficencies when the people who made the decisions cannot even do it themselves

C'mon, they're the fcuking owners.

They are concerned with setting strategy, not dissecting the details of one particular transfer out of a fcuking hatful.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:24 - Aug 10 with 1621 viewsphact0rri

On reading the subject line, I knew we'd be getting a few paragraphs from PR press release generator-- not sure if the board are androids or cyborgs at this minute of time, but waiting for the skynet shirt sponser.

And its all a load dingos. getting rid of a load of players to take down wages, and looking to turn back the clocks. thats all good and fine. What isn't fine is depleting core positions to a single player and expecting others to play out of position. And don't get me started on this whole 'swansea way' bullocks. Its really just a play on nostalgia they couldn't care about the swansea way or we'd not be so deep in the mire.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:25 - Aug 10 with 1611 viewsWatchman

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:19 - Aug 10 by Shaky

Correction: Any money left after the debts have been settled.

And the debts are still significant. As things stand they have lost their shirts on this investment; trust me on this.

what investment

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:27 - Aug 10 with 1590 viewsWatchman

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:23 - Aug 10 by Shaky

C'mon, they're the fcuking owners.

They are concerned with setting strategy, not dissecting the details of one particular transfer out of a fcuking hatful.

read the sentence again apologies in advance if a lack of commas makes it difficult to understand

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:30 - Aug 10 with 1569 viewsShaky

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:22 - Aug 10 by londonlisa2001

The problem is shaky, that when taking costs out of a company, you don’t take them all from the production line and nothing from the back office.

Nor do you take them all from one but of the production line leaving the rest overloaded for your new capacity.

To reiterate, we have one centre back, one forward, 7 wingers.

That’s not a sensible restructure, it’s a sh*t job from people that have zero clue.

Taking out cost - brilliant. We all agree.

Leaving no balance in squad - dreadful. Possible for mitigation but not holding breath.

Leaving the management intact that oversaw the debacle - unforgivable. How much longer.

Honestly Lisa, I drew up and posted a back of the envelope strategy some months ago, that by luck or design they seem to following.

Year 1 was to start off with £40 million in debt vs £47m I am forecasting currently. On field objective was to finish mid table and to look to recruit a good manager by the end of the year.

To me they are slightly behind on the financial objective but ahead on the playing side. As long as there is no danger of relegation I would be happy if the club can just get its act together.

I think that is not only realistic, but also essential for the future, because you need to off-load the high priced premier league wage bracket earners to bring costs into line for the long term.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:31 - Aug 10 with 1561 viewsShaky

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:25 - Aug 10 by Watchman

what investment

The £68/70 million pounds in cash they paid for their shares.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:38 - Aug 10 with 1527 viewsEasternJack

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:31 - Aug 10 by Shaky

The £68/70 million pounds in cash they paid for their shares.

Not this again.

You’re never going to educate this lot on the definition of investment

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:44 - Aug 10 with 1495 viewsLeonWasGod

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:19 - Aug 10 by Watchman

It’s all Huwbert’s fault innit. Kaplan and Levien must be wearing blame retardant pants giving how much anger swerves them and heads straight for Huw. Even when they slow up deals, block spending, decide on a fire sale.

Things have gone horribly wrong since they took over. And if Huw’s part of that THEY are responsible for sorting it out or getting rid of him. But they won’t because he’s handsomely rewarded for taking their flak.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:48 - Aug 10 with 1467 viewslondonlisa2001

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:30 - Aug 10 by Shaky

Honestly Lisa, I drew up and posted a back of the envelope strategy some months ago, that by luck or design they seem to following.

Year 1 was to start off with £40 million in debt vs £47m I am forecasting currently. On field objective was to finish mid table and to look to recruit a good manager by the end of the year.

To me they are slightly behind on the financial objective but ahead on the playing side. As long as there is no danger of relegation I would be happy if the club can just get its act together.

I think that is not only realistic, but also essential for the future, because you need to off-load the high priced premier league wage bracket earners to bring costs into line for the long term.

I’ve already commented on the forecast and won’t do again.

And if you think that offloading Amat, as an example, saved more money than offloading just one of the wingers who are utterly surplus to requirements, you’re mad. We haven’t offloaded in a sensible way.

I know how it works. This is a bad, lazy job. The sort of job someone does when they have no real understanding of why a centre half and a winger are not completely interchangeable.

The sort of job someone does when they believe that giving a contract to a second ‘ambassador’ in a championship club makes more sense than playing staff. Having however many “commercial” staff negotiating a deal with a van hire company from Neath (absolutely no disrespect meant to them by the way) is essential.

It is what it is.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:49 - Aug 10 with 1467 viewsShaky

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:38 - Aug 10 by EasternJack

Not this again.

You’re never going to educate this lot on the definition of investment

Long time no see, EasternJack

Where you been at?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:51 - Aug 10 with 1444 viewsDr_Winston

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:10 - Aug 10 by Swans_16

I’m with this guy.

I hate the Yanks as much as any of you, but probably sums up our situation rather well.

Jenkins should be sacked though. How can someone who’s f*cked us up in so many seasons, both past and present still retain a job and be taking a salary from this club ? Any other job and you’d be goners.

Pretty much where I stand.

Naturally there's a lot of emotion and strong feeling around what has gone on, which is par for the course with football. Realistically though the club has suffered a greater than 50% reduction in income against a wage bill of £90m+ and if we still want a club to support in years to come cuts had to be made. Better to do it now whilst players like Mawson and Clucas still have some value than in a year or so when that value might have decreased and liabilities grown even more.

Jenkins' position however should be absolutely untenable. He's presided over this clusterf*ck. He's refused offers for players and then accepted lesser ones or even just loan deals a matter of days later. He's utterly unfit to remain in charge of this club and the Americans are only making things worse for themselves by keeping him around.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:59 - Aug 10 with 1386 viewsShaky

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:48 - Aug 10 by londonlisa2001

I’ve already commented on the forecast and won’t do again.

And if you think that offloading Amat, as an example, saved more money than offloading just one of the wingers who are utterly surplus to requirements, you’re mad. We haven’t offloaded in a sensible way.

I know how it works. This is a bad, lazy job. The sort of job someone does when they have no real understanding of why a centre half and a winger are not completely interchangeable.

The sort of job someone does when they believe that giving a contract to a second ‘ambassador’ in a championship club makes more sense than playing staff. Having however many “commercial” staff negotiating a deal with a van hire company from Neath (absolutely no disrespect meant to them by the way) is essential.

It is what it is.

It is the nature of these things that they are disorderly though.

It is also a fact that it is often impossible to assess whether events are positive or negative without the benefit of considerable hindsight. Hopefully you will look back on this summer and consider them to have been ultimately positive in a year or two.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 21:05 - Aug 10 with 1365 viewslondonlisa2001

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:59 - Aug 10 by Shaky

It is the nature of these things that they are disorderly though.

It is also a fact that it is often impossible to assess whether events are positive or negative without the benefit of considerable hindsight. Hopefully you will look back on this summer and consider them to have been ultimately positive in a year or two.

It is. But it’s why sticking to plans rather than getting panicky at the last minute is so vital.

It’s why companies bring in people experienced in such situations to sort it out rather than leave it to directors and senior execs who get cold feet.

I agree with your last sentiment, but if so, it won’t be because of actions taken now. It will be despite them. Taking out cost and resetting was essential. But there are ways of doing it that aren’t so bloody ham fisted.
Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 21:10 - Aug 10 with 1336 viewsJack59

Kaplan and Levien to make a statement...... on 20:51 - Aug 10 by Dr_Winston

Pretty much where I stand.

Naturally there's a lot of emotion and strong feeling around what has gone on, which is par for the course with football. Realistically though the club has suffered a greater than 50% reduction in income against a wage bill of £90m+ and if we still want a club to support in years to come cuts had to be made. Better to do it now whilst players like Mawson and Clucas still have some value than in a year or so when that value might have decreased and liabilities grown even more.

Jenkins' position however should be absolutely untenable. He's presided over this clusterf*ck. He's refused offers for players and then accepted lesser ones or even just loan deals a matter of days later. He's utterly unfit to remain in charge of this club and the Americans are only making things worse for themselves by keeping him around.

I want a club to support in years to come, but I would be very happy to see this club now crash, it would then rid itself of the vermin that otherwise will continue to feed off it.

I do not see this club as OUR club anymore, by whatever means the American scum has to be removed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024