Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now 20:31 - Aug 10 with 22130 viewsTheResurrection

Exactly

And I could've written that statement word for word for the simple reason it's brutally honest and blunt.

We needed to cut back.

We needed the big earners gone

We needed the players who didn't want to be here gone.

Ideally they would've gone early into the window but these things never work like that for umpteen reasons.

We had a job to do and as brutal as it was it just had to be done to keep a professional football club in the city.

The best news from all this is the understanding we needed to reset, the fact we're going to be brave on the ball so we'll see some football and the promise we'll be dipping into the loan market.

We can now do this after a breather and from a strong platform.

They've made mistakes, so what, who doesn't. They seem keen to put those mistakes right

Superb statement

Up the Jacks.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:15 - Aug 10 with 2032 viewsjasfan

The statement sounds very reasonable and they've shown themselves in the past to be very good at them. Unfortunately they've also been shown to be not very good at running a football club and seem to have little understanding of the game in this country.

Whilst the cost cutting was a financial imperative, it's been done with little regard for the balance of the squad. They're going to have to be very patient indeed and get a lot more football savvy too if they plan on getting their money back in the next few years.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 21:31]
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:25 - Aug 10 with 1969 viewsjasfan

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:13 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

Just looking forward to supporting the Club I've followed home and away since the 70's.

I know mistakes have been made and some bad ones. I also know I'm putting an element of blind faith in them. But for me that's the best policy now.

Things could turn ugly for us as a football club if we continually protested and Boo'd our way through every game. It's not going to be as easy to remove multi million pound owners who've paid more than we could ever find to buy the Club. It's also not going to be easy to find other owners to buy them out.

So what's left for us. It's that element of hope isn't it... Hope that lessons have been learnt and we can kick start again.

For me, with a manager like Potter and his new signings, that's a better alternative than going down to slag off the Board and create an atmosphere the players would hate.

There's some talented youngsters brought in. We've got some in our own ranks, the last thing they need is a hostile crowd.

The appointment of the manager was a good sign of a change in direction. The players he's brought in are as well. They deserve a chance to succeed.

Let's see what the loan window brings and let's take it from there.

The past is the past. Crying over spilt milk isn't going to help anything.

I couldn't agree more with the need to support the team at matches and especially to keep encouraging the younger players at difficult periods in games or when they make a mistake.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:29 - Aug 10 with 1945 viewsFlashberryjack

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:15 - Aug 10 by jasfan

The statement sounds very reasonable and they've shown themselves in the past to be very good at them. Unfortunately they've also been shown to be not very good at running a football club and seem to have little understanding of the game in this country.

Whilst the cost cutting was a financial imperative, it's been done with little regard for the balance of the squad. They're going to have to be very patient indeed and get a lot more football savvy too if they plan on getting their money back in the next few years.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 21:31]

I know how they can save £600,000 a year.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:39 - Aug 10 with 1890 viewsTheResurrection

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:15 - Aug 10 by jacksfullaces

you know what, am going to give you an up arrow for your response; not in any patronising way, but am going to mull over what you say.

I am trying to strip out the raw emotion and disappointment.

I think though that the intentions of our owners, as investors, has been to make as much out of the club by spending as little as they can. standard business practice but it probably means they don't have the same long term hopes and aspirations as us fans i.e if the miracle happens great, but does lightening strike twice?

I can't help feel that won't help us in the long run, and that jenkins and co has put us in some pretty uninterested hands. if we take the last 7 years as a nice bonus then I guess that's what I have to think about.

Either way, am going to rejoin the trust tomorrow, and try and make a little more sense of all that is going on if I can.

and obviously get a bit of frustration out of my system by mainly shouting for the boys tomorrow afternoon.

Good post.

Any Swans fan of any note is going to be disappointed after the few months we had. This is a tough time but it still doesn't mean we can't evaluate everything that's gone on and be fair.

None of us can properly understand the amount of money in play here. It's beyond our natural grasp. A million pounds in football has become so underplayed in recent times its lost its value and more importantly sense.

But that's fine when you're up in the big league, you have 100 of them coming in every year. But being on the outside from that and staring at a wage bill you just can't pay, you've got to make drastic decisions.

And that's the problem here, it's all felt too drastic. But in this game where you have only a small window of opportunity it was always going to be hard hitting.

Some of you won't understand it now but getting rid of those players just in time has probably ensured we've got a club that's not going to admin in 6 months time, but one that's able to survive,Va trade and rebuild.

Every club has to do this unless they've got wealthy owners. Some of you would love that. For us to buy success and whilst it would have it's attraction I'm hoping most of us like the fact it's the Club that pays our own way and it will be the Club that succeeds, not some rich Arab or Russian. It's an organic route to hope success can come from.

It's the Club that has paid it's own way pretty much always. OK, the club was worth millions more at one point and some capitalised on it. But the club is still continuing to pay it's way even though it's had to take a breather and start again.

It's still the Club we all love. Or we should....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:39 - Aug 10 with 1890 viewsGeoffThom

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:02 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

If they did twpo the trust would own a bit less. You can't just chuck capital about without altering the status quo or going into debt to them.

How many facking times do people need to read this before it sinks in.

It's called speculate to accumulate twp, all owners of a business do an element of some these feckers have not ,we all get the selling of overpaid prima donnas, who had to go bit your cloth is cut by buying new and yes cheaper options ,but one thing you don't do is sell the lot and not replace enough to leave you weak and vulnerable.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 21:42]
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:40 - Aug 10 with 1880 viewsBillyChong

All well and good but again it’s shambolic late deals leaving us with a very unbalanced and depleted squad in some crucial positions. How anyone can have any faith in this lot for the future is beyond me. At least they’ve been pushed into talking.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:43 - Aug 10 with 1856 viewsomarjack

You always remind me of one of them ads Res..

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:44 - Aug 10 with 1843 viewsTheResurrection

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:39 - Aug 10 by GeoffThom

It's called speculate to accumulate twp, all owners of a business do an element of some these feckers have not ,we all get the selling of overpaid prima donnas, who had to go bit your cloth is cut by buying new and yes cheaper options ,but one thing you don't do is sell the lot and not replace enough to leave you weak and vulnerable.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 21:42]

We are weak in one or two areas and hopefully only temporarily

How would you speculate to accumulate exactly, when it's that very rule of thumb that's got us into the mess we're in now?

Login to get fewer ads

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:50 - Aug 10 with 1819 viewsOhRobbieRobbie

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:00 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

We know how we've got to it, by being in the hardest league in world football and trying to survive. Often by gambling on players who didn't pay off for us. Sooner or later this catches up with all bar the mega wealthy.

If anyone is struggling with this they're not willing to think straight.

The fans want it all don't they. Good football, players that you pick up for peanuts on cheap wages who we then sell for a fortune and all this from their great experience of never being involved in professional football.

They simply won't accept we were the longest serving member of the big league and why. And why so, so many other teams fall by the way side.

They've got all the answers and pick holes in any argument to suit their anger.

None of it is intelligent, none of it is thoughtful, it's just kick a cat mentality bollocks

We would've run out of money by January if they'd all stayed.

And you know all the criticism about overspending last year....??? Well now we're being criticised for not paying more than our valuation.

Every good signing is made an excuse about.

Every bad signing is slaughtered.

Facking pathetic.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, please, please, please just fvck off. Please.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:56 - Aug 10 with 1774 viewsjackrabbit

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:13 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

Just looking forward to supporting the Club I've followed home and away since the 70's.

I know mistakes have been made and some bad ones. I also know I'm putting an element of blind faith in them. But for me that's the best policy now.

Things could turn ugly for us as a football club if we continually protested and Boo'd our way through every game. It's not going to be as easy to remove multi million pound owners who've paid more than we could ever find to buy the Club. It's also not going to be easy to find other owners to buy them out.

So what's left for us. It's that element of hope isn't it... Hope that lessons have been learnt and we can kick start again.

For me, with a manager like Potter and his new signings, that's a better alternative than going down to slag off the Board and create an atmosphere the players would hate.

There's some talented youngsters brought in. We've got some in our own ranks, the last thing they need is a hostile crowd.

The appointment of the manager was a good sign of a change in direction. The players he's brought in are as well. They deserve a chance to succeed.

Let's see what the loan window brings and let's take it from there.

The past is the past. Crying over spilt milk isn't going to help anything.

Well said.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:58 - Aug 10 with 1760 viewsE20Jack

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:15 - Aug 10 by jacksfullaces

you know what, am going to give you an up arrow for your response; not in any patronising way, but am going to mull over what you say.

I think though that the intentions of our owners, as investors, has been to make as much out of the club by spending as little as they can. standard business practice but it probably means they don't have the same long term hopes and aspirations as us fans i.e if the miracle happens great, but does lightening strike twice?

I can't help feel that won't help us in the long run, and that jenkins and co has put us in some pretty uninterested hands. if we take the last 7 years as a nice bonus then I guess that's what I have to think about.

Either way, am going to rejoin the trust tomorrow, and try and make a little more sense of all that is going on if I can.

and obviously get a bit of frustration out of my system by mainly shouting for the boys tomorrow afternoon.

Yet I say we same and you stir the pot and call me a troll and chirp in with the morons of this forum

Chris, bang on as always.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:58 - Aug 10 with 1762 viewsmagicdaps10

Words, words, words and more words........why will I not believe these words!?

Because I have heard the same rubbish off them time and again.

As for you Res, shut up or take your man hood out of Huw and smell the roses and take your team of cockwhombles with you.

Anyone who falls for or believes this rubbish is no longer a fan of Swansea City but now an enemy.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 22:00 - Aug 10 with 1750 viewsTheResurrection

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:40 - Aug 10 by BillyChong

All well and good but again it’s shambolic late deals leaving us with a very unbalanced and depleted squad in some crucial positions. How anyone can have any faith in this lot for the future is beyond me. At least they’ve been pushed into talking.

Why were they late deals? Think about it...

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 22:08 - Aug 10 with 1700 viewsjacksfullaces

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:58 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

Yet I say we same and you stir the pot and call me a troll and chirp in with the morons of this forum

Chris, bang on as always.

I occasionally remark on your motives and your desire to labour a point with certain individuals, which you have done for many years in many different guises.

until today our paths haven't crossed for a while, I have clearly spent far too much time on this board . I read all opinions, and then come to my own, which haven't shifted all that much but have benefited from listening to all sides.

back to the real world and a match tomorrow :)
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 22:08 - Aug 10 with 1700 viewsTOLSwan1

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:48 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

Good post but isn't it obvious why it was left so late??

What an absolute joke. Take us to the next level was HJ’s comment. Absolute joke. These Americans are no way investors. Have not put a penny of their own money into our club. As bad now as petty era. Disgusted that those days have arisen again. Shocking by owners and disgusting money grabbing chairman. Could well be my last season as fan as become so disgusted with way club and supporters are treated. Fan for 40 yrs. means nothing to these idiots!! RIP Swans fc
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 22:34 - Aug 10 with 1625 viewsE20Jack

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 22:08 - Aug 10 by jacksfullaces

I occasionally remark on your motives and your desire to labour a point with certain individuals, which you have done for many years in many different guises.

until today our paths haven't crossed for a while, I have clearly spent far too much time on this board . I read all opinions, and then come to my own, which haven't shifted all that much but have benefited from listening to all sides.

back to the real world and a match tomorrow :)

So two people make the exact same point (on more than one occasion).

You reply to one acknowledging your part in spreading negativity on this board by Sidon with the utterly clueless masses.

You reply to the other saying that his motive is not correct.

Sounds like a vendetta rather than any semblance of balance to me. Can you point me to a threat where I did not enter it with absolute honest intentions as always (and I mean me, not others you and some other morons have decided to call me).

I wouldn’t bother if I were you as it doesn’t exist. Just gives the posters that way inclined a convenient out.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 22:35 - Aug 10 with 1620 viewslonglostjack

Good man. The Trust has been pretty pathetic in the past seeking bridges and recommending an agreement etc etc . Time for them to step up. Seems like the new Board has a bit more backbone and expertise. Trust’s last chance to prove themselves.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 22:43 - Aug 10 with 1607 viewsAl_Bundy

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 22:34 - Aug 10 by E20Jack

So two people make the exact same point (on more than one occasion).

You reply to one acknowledging your part in spreading negativity on this board by Sidon with the utterly clueless masses.

You reply to the other saying that his motive is not correct.

Sounds like a vendetta rather than any semblance of balance to me. Can you point me to a threat where I did not enter it with absolute honest intentions as always (and I mean me, not others you and some other morons have decided to call me).

I wouldn’t bother if I were you as it doesn’t exist. Just gives the posters that way inclined a convenient out.

Are you getting into a strop because you are not getting the same attention as Res?

Both of you are very positive of our current position having a stable outcome but I think you are currently in the minority.

Our squad is weak at the moment in more that two positions and we need to close the gap in this loan window.

Tomorrow will be an eye opener and Preston will give us an indication of where we are at.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 22:53 - Aug 10 with 1585 viewsscruffyjack

Time to support the team, whoever’s out there, and then the trust and the inevitable legal action that will follow. It’ll take time but it will come.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 22:54 - Aug 10 with 1581 viewsTheResurrection

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 22:43 - Aug 10 by Al_Bundy

Are you getting into a strop because you are not getting the same attention as Res?

Both of you are very positive of our current position having a stable outcome but I think you are currently in the minority.

Our squad is weak at the moment in more that two positions and we need to close the gap in this loan window.

Tomorrow will be an eye opener and Preston will give us an indication of where we are at.

I'd say our squad is pretty strong for this league, but could be stronger.

Keeper aside we have...

Full backs

Naughton
Roberts
Olsson
John

Centre Halves

VdH
Naughton can cover
Rodon
Loan player
Loan player

Midfield

Carroll
Fulton
Fer
Maric
Grimes
Dhanda
Celina
Routs can play at 10
Loan player

Wide
McKay
Asoro
Montero
Routs
Dyer

Forwards

McBurnie
Bony
Loan player
Loan player

.we definitely have work to do but we've got a bloody good side there. We should be excited, we could pick up a gem or two. They do exist, especially in this league and if Macauley can weave his magic again, let's see.

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 22:58 - Aug 10 with 1560 viewsThrasher6

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:39 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

Good post.

Any Swans fan of any note is going to be disappointed after the few months we had. This is a tough time but it still doesn't mean we can't evaluate everything that's gone on and be fair.

None of us can properly understand the amount of money in play here. It's beyond our natural grasp. A million pounds in football has become so underplayed in recent times its lost its value and more importantly sense.

But that's fine when you're up in the big league, you have 100 of them coming in every year. But being on the outside from that and staring at a wage bill you just can't pay, you've got to make drastic decisions.

And that's the problem here, it's all felt too drastic. But in this game where you have only a small window of opportunity it was always going to be hard hitting.

Some of you won't understand it now but getting rid of those players just in time has probably ensured we've got a club that's not going to admin in 6 months time, but one that's able to survive,Va trade and rebuild.

Every club has to do this unless they've got wealthy owners. Some of you would love that. For us to buy success and whilst it would have it's attraction I'm hoping most of us like the fact it's the Club that pays our own way and it will be the Club that succeeds, not some rich Arab or Russian. It's an organic route to hope success can come from.

It's the Club that has paid it's own way pretty much always. OK, the club was worth millions more at one point and some capitalised on it. But the club is still continuing to pay it's way even though it's had to take a breather and start again.

It's still the Club we all love. Or we should....

Good post as well.....(A bit like the old Welsh Bitter advert...extension on the extension..)

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 23:01 - Aug 10 with 1547 viewsjacksfullaces

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 22:43 - Aug 10 by Al_Bundy

yep, back in the real world, let's see how things go tomorrow.

we might have many variations of opinion about off the field matters, but the only vendettas I know of tomorrow will be with Preston North End.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 23:01 - Aug 10 with 1546 viewsomarjack

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 22:54 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

Keeper aside we have...

Full backs

Naughton
Roberts
Olsson
John

Centre Halves

VdH
Naughton can cover
Rodon
Loan player
Loan player

Midfield

Carroll
Fulton
Fer
Maric
Grimes
Dhanda
Celina
Routs can play at 10
Loan player

Wide
McKay
Asoro
Montero
Routs
Dyer

Forwards

McBurnie
Bony
Loan player
Loan player

.we definitely have work to do but we've got a bloody good side there. We should be excited, we could pick up a gem or two. They do exist, especially in this league and if Macauley can weave his magic again, let's see.

OMG I know right!

Loan player 1 will be top scorer of the league..He's already proved himself in The "insert country" top tier leage.

..Loan players number 2 and 3 will have the best defensive partnership without a doubt having seeing them playing at "Hypothetical FC"

Don't get me started on loanee number 4..top assists playing with "Imaginary FC"..

Great squad.

P.S..LOL at Naughton being 2 people..You're really a bigger mug than anyone can imagine.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 23:03]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 23:03 - Aug 10 with 1536 views100onZero

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:00 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

We know how we've got to it, by being in the hardest league in world football and trying to survive. Often by gambling on players who didn't pay off for us. Sooner or later this catches up with all bar the mega wealthy.

If anyone is struggling with this they're not willing to think straight.

The fans want it all don't they. Good football, players that you pick up for peanuts on cheap wages who we then sell for a fortune and all this from their great experience of never being involved in professional football.

They simply won't accept we were the longest serving member of the big league and why. And why so, so many other teams fall by the way side.

They've got all the answers and pick holes in any argument to suit their anger.

None of it is intelligent, none of it is thoughtful, it's just kick a cat mentality bollocks

We would've run out of money by January if they'd all stayed.

And you know all the criticism about overspending last year....??? Well now we're being criticised for not paying more than our valuation.

Every good signing is made an excuse about.

Every bad signing is slaughtered.

Facking pathetic.

What was the valuation 6 million, and we wouldn't spend 500-1 million more?
It's a bit different to spending 16 million on Clucas. Who's now worth 6. Bony who's worth fack all and Ayew for 18 million who's now on loan. Or don't you see that that you stupid KANT.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 23:06 - Aug 10 with 1519 viewsAl_Bundy

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 22:54 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

Keeper aside we have...

Full backs

Naughton
Roberts
Olsson
John

Centre Halves

VdH
Naughton can cover
Rodon
Loan player
Loan player

Midfield

Carroll
Fulton
Fer
Maric
Grimes
Dhanda
Celina
Routs can play at 10
Loan player

Wide
McKay
Asoro
Montero
Routs
Dyer

Forwards

McBurnie
Bony
Loan player
Loan player

Doubt very much we'll get 5 loan deals done but would welcome it if we have them line up.

John wasn't rated in the Championship but the other three can hold their own.

Naughton as a CB in The Championship?? You just need to see the early matches and goals are scored in this league that Naughton will not handle the aerial threat. Rodon is unproven at this level but I guess it could be sink or swim for him this season.

Again Maric & Grimes have not played at this level and Fulton didn't pull up trees at Wigan in L1. Fer and Carroll will be our mainstay if they remain fit.

We look strong out wide which is in our favour and one striker fit until January which is a massive gamble. If we do get a loan in at this stage up front it will be a youngster and another gamble.

The transition is needed no doubt but the cull has left us short of quality and experience in areas unless the loanees appear. If they don't we will be in for a long winter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024