Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY 13:05 - Aug 11 with 28875 viewsTheResurrection

This is what we're up against.

Some won't even be there but if we went a goal down they won't be able to get to their keyboards quick enough.

This is what we were up against last season. Some of our fans, especially the ones posting on here, WANT us to fail.

Beware of the enemy within.

SUPPORT YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB - YOU WONT HAVE ANOTHER ONE

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 10:13 - Aug 26 with 1958 viewsmonmouth

I don’t believe many, if any, want us to lose. I do believe that there are quite a few that revel in it when it happens though.

I want some new additions as much as anyone. In fact without them I think we are in for a right scrap if we can’t play our best team in every game.

Tuesday and yesterday though was I thought exactly what we can expect this season. Inconsistency from young players and currently, a scratch team and coaches getting to know each other. There’ll be lots more of this (good and bad) throughout the season. Expectation levels were getting a bit silly anyway I reckon. Brizz were better than us. Yesterday, that is. If we played them today we might be better than them. That’s what happens with a young inexperienced team. For example Celina is a promising player, but to think he is going to be brilliant every week is ridiculous. He is young and developing. I’m going to enjoy the journey this year, good or bad. I think the actual strategy is absolutely the right one.

As long as we get some reinforcements in the obvious areas that is. The team is screaming out for them.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 10:16 - Aug 26 with 1937 viewsBloodyhills

Pathetic thread.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 10:25 - Aug 26 with 1911 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 09:33 - Aug 26 by barry_island

Perhaps the Res was right. Perhaps it is in the interests of those who monetised their love for the club for us to have a couple of poor years. Perhaps some of them are praying we will lose. Perhaps they see an opportunity to squeeze more out of us, sorry I meant the club. Perhaps he can tell us. Perhaps.

Squeeze more out of you? Are you actually being serious here?

Do you even go these days mate?? Perhaps. Perhaps??

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 10:41 - Aug 26 with 1877 viewsFireboy2

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 10:13 - Aug 26 by Chief

No I'm not, I'm just pointing out that having lost some could see some benefit to it. No real Swans fan would be 'praying' that we lose any game.

Personally I don't trust the yanks to sanction many moves whether we win or lose anyway.

Your last sentence is spot on chief

Its going to be a tough 5 months
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 10:57 - Aug 26 with 1830 viewsbarry_island

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 10:25 - Aug 26 by TheResurrection

Squeeze more out of you? Are you actually being serious here?

Do you even go these days mate?? Perhaps. Perhaps??

I go occasionally. At other times far more pressing priorities I'm afraid.

Life's rich tapestry perhaps.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 10:59 - Aug 26 with 1820 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 09:57 - Aug 26 by Chief

Bullshiiite thread. The people speaking out against the board are doing that purely because they don't want us to lose. They don't want the board hanging Potter and the youngsters out to dry. They are speaking out because they want us to win

It's actually quite sickening. Some people's egos have totally run away with themselves on here. The "I'm right and the rest of you are wrong" narcissism is totally reminiscent of what happened with Cardiff fans when Hammam was at war with Tan and fans ended up taking sides.

Although this situation is much more bizarre, we all know what has happened.

The actions of the old board have been well documented, selling their souls and the club to make a few million following the unbelievable JTAK marketing exercise, the side lining of the trust, the out of hand rejection of another consortium who would have served the club better in the long run and selling to a fund that was only ever going to take money OUT of the club (after promising the fans that the consortium was going to take the club to the next level.

But even after all of this there are some amongst us who will shout down reasonable criticism and even try to rewrite history just to defend the previous board , whitewashing the above with the JTAK fairytale and that we should be grateful for what we had (7 seasons in the PL which no Swans fan I know hasn't praised them for).

Those 7 seasons and the good times we had (which we're all grateful for) however do not grant immunity for those self same people from criticism when things have gone so badly wrong . The board post Laudrup (including the time after the club was bought by the Americans) have micromanaged a quite dramatic falling off in our effectiveness in the transfer market with some eye watering waste and in the process going through nine managers in 4 and a half years.

That waste has effectively crippled us in the transfer market and prevented us from strengthening at a time when we most desperately need to do so. We have the basis of a good , young and exciting team led by the best manager we have had since Laudrup.

The defence coming in to deflect or nullify such criticism and indeed the demonization of such critics is coming from within the fanbase. It's clear that this is far more sisnister than any kind of the usual run of the mill wumming that happens on football messaging boards. It can be attributed to a form of Narcissistic behavioural disorder or the activity of paid stooges or propagandists, or a mixture of both.

I'll leave people to make up their own minds.

Oh, and by the way this is coming from somebody who felt sick to his stomach that we lost yesterday. Totally down over it and the glaring cracks within our squad (only a couple but they are deep ones) we there for all to see. And those cracks, which have had no inkling of being addressed worry me.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:02 - Aug 26 with 1802 viewsCatullus

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 13:17 - Aug 11 by FerrieBodde

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level by TheResurrection 1 Sep 2017 22:06
The Holy Grail of the "next level" is probably already upon us, or at least we're moving towards it, but most of you are too wrapped up in your own miserable preconceived prejudices, you won't open your eyes to realise it.

The Club still isn't perfect, but which one is? The Trust still need a genuine revamp and refresh to communicate effectively to both Board and fans. The friendly game ticket prices is an example of this. But the overall picture is one of a Club getting back on track and improving. Nothing too much to shout about in isolation as the only was was up after the disaster of the last 2 years or so.

But nevertheless we're getting our act together. Off the pitch and since January, on it.

Commercially we will see the benefits, we have professionals involved, true business people with contacts who will increase revenue. Better sponsorships and business partners to be tapped into. The profile of SCFC is on the rise, more professional media interaction, website, Twitter, Facebook, more games being streamed, all on the up.

The football aspect will now follow. The U-23's had a tremendously successful season and our Academy and training facilities are now state of the art. This will only help everything we are trying to achieve.

Anyone one of us that has supported this Club back in the day, when we stop and think about things, will struggle to believe it's all actually been a true story.

We are 7 years - SEVEN YEARS - in the EPL and it's time now to quit the childish quips about "the Yanks" ; "the sell-outs" etc. What we've achieved, led by the old Board and now the new is nothing short of a miracle, it's phenomenal!! I have spent enough time voicing an angry opinion about the goings on of all concerned, but all said and done, they've done us proud.

The football squad we will take into the Premier League from now is arguably the best since we've been here.

Goalkeeper - as solid as we could hope for and Fab is Swansea's no. 1 without a shadow of a doubt. The way we accumulate GK's should mean at least one of them will be good enough to step in if he's ever injured ;-)

Defence - Been a revelation under Clement as we now defend as a team with responsibility for this aspect on every player. Naughts comes in for ridiculous stick but for me he's completely dependable. Everyone loves to scapegoat and bully somebody. Naughts gets too much of this. Cover at full back would've been great but it didn't happen and he won't let us down - same as he didn't last season. Fede and Maws have now formed a strong partnership and have enjoyed playing alongside each other for some time and are growing very strong. I love Olsson, he's as competitive as they come, the sheer determination in everything he does is infectious. We've also got ball players right along the back and we can now adapt perfectly well to a 3-5-2 with Bartley and VdH able to step in when needed. Rangel is an able deputy and Clucas can cover the left. We are solid at the back.

Midfield - We will be very strong and competitive in midfield this season. The signing of Sanches is truly unbelievable and exciting and the options we now have in this area are plentiful - off the bench too. I'm sure Clement and the Board would've loved to add another wider player but we won't be held ransom and pay massively over the odds - that's not good business. Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners. Fer, Ki and Mesa all have genuine claims of fighting for a first XI slot and Ayew can play deeper or wide to provide options. Leon's still about as are Routs, Narsingh and Dyer so we're not having to rely on the old guard like we did last season, and these boys will still have something to offer as the season goes on, I'm sure of that. Southampton have made Europe on squads similar to ours and we can genuinely aim to look a lot higher up the league than we could this time last season, as far as up as that remains to be seen, but why not.

Up front - Bony, Tammy and Ayew is our strongest front line since the EPL without a shadow of doubt. Bony, in my opinion, is the missing piece in the jigsaw, he has the exact qualities we've been crying out for and Llorente could simply not provide. I think the 3 can play together in a 4-3-3 with Bony in the middle and Tammy and Ayew either side. It won't be Tammy's preferred option, same as it isn't for Rashford, bit it's a genuine alternative option for us.

Options are good and options we now have in abundance.

Manager - Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in and all the options mentioned above, he makes them a reality. His coaching is second to none and the team is able to adapt to any of his demands. He'll also get us playing more football this season and our style of play will be unrecognisable from the sheer tedium of last year.

Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show.

What the hell are you so angry about? Shouldn't you be over the fvcking moon? According to your own words we've reached the next level!

[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 13:18]

"The football squad we will take into the Premier league from now is arguably the best since we've been here"

In that one sentence is enough proof of a cluelessness and support for Jenkins and the owners that defies logic. That "arguably the best squad" provided the worst football, the least heart and fight that we have seen since we were in league 2!!
As for the commercial aspect.......this season won't see the big drop but next season will see a drop, season ticket sales will plummet as fans will refuse to put money into a club that is being used as a cash cow by a priviliged few. If all these cuts continue we'll be the richest club to drop into the conference!! Ok, I may be exaggerating, I hope.
I wasn't praying we'd lose but I have been worried our good start would give the owners the excuse not to invest, which apprently it has. By the time the penny drops it will be too late. I don't know if they are businessmen because to me, hedge funds aren't about good business nexessarily. They are about profit in any event, no matter what they have to do.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:05 - Aug 26 with 1787 viewsBloodyhills

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 10:59 - Aug 26 by Brynmill_Jack

It's actually quite sickening. Some people's egos have totally run away with themselves on here. The "I'm right and the rest of you are wrong" narcissism is totally reminiscent of what happened with Cardiff fans when Hammam was at war with Tan and fans ended up taking sides.

The actions of the old board have been well documented, selling their souls and the club to make a few million following the unbelievable JTAK marketing exercise, the side lining of the trust, the out of hand rejection of another consortium who would have served the club better in the long run and selling to a fund that was only ever going to take money OUT of the club (after promising the fans that the consortium was going to take the club to the next level.

But even after all of this there are some amongst us who will shout down reasonable criticism and even try to rewrite history just to defend the previous board , whitewashing the above with the JTAK fairytale and that we should be grateful for what we had (7 seasons in the PL which no Swans fan I know hasn't praised them for).

Those 7 seasons and the good times we had (which we're all grateful for) however do not grant immunity for those self same people from criticism when things have gone so badly wrong . The board post Laudrup (including the time after the club was bought by the Americans) have micromanaged a quite dramatic falling off in our effectiveness in the transfer market with some eye watering waste and in the process going through nine managers in 4 and a half years.

That waste has effectively crippled us in the transfer market and prevented us from strengthening at a time when we most desperately need to do so. We have the basis of a good , young and exciting team led by the best manager we have had since Laudrup.

The defence coming in to deflect or nullify such criticism and indeed the demonization of such critics is coming from within the fanbase. It's clear that this is far more sisnister than any kind of the usual run of the mill wumming that happens on football messaging boards. It can be attributed to a form of Narcissistic behavioural disorder or the activity of paid stooges or propagandists, or a mixture of both.

Oh, and by the way this is coming from somebody who felt sick to his stomach that we lost yesterday. Totally down over it and the glaring cracks within our squad (only a couple but they are deep ones) we there for all to see. And those cracks, which have had no inkling of being addressed worry me.

I think it is a mixture of both. Certainly lots of indications of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Login to get fewer ads

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:06 - Aug 26 with 1782 viewsbarry_island

Reading on the BBC website today about Amazon paying people to be Fulfilment Centre Ambassadors to rubbish any criticism of their employment practices. Strange but similar echoes on here.

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:08 - Aug 26 with 1768 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:02 - Aug 26 by Catullus

"The football squad we will take into the Premier league from now is arguably the best since we've been here"

In that one sentence is enough proof of a cluelessness and support for Jenkins and the owners that defies logic. That "arguably the best squad" provided the worst football, the least heart and fight that we have seen since we were in league 2!!
As for the commercial aspect.......this season won't see the big drop but next season will see a drop, season ticket sales will plummet as fans will refuse to put money into a club that is being used as a cash cow by a priviliged few. If all these cuts continue we'll be the richest club to drop into the conference!! Ok, I may be exaggerating, I hope.
I wasn't praying we'd lose but I have been worried our good start would give the owners the excuse not to invest, which apprently it has. By the time the penny drops it will be too late. I don't know if they are businessmen because to me, hedge funds aren't about good business nexessarily. They are about profit in any event, no matter what they have to do.

I expect many like me fancy buying the new home jersey, spending extra money on cup games and food and drink in the stadium just to support the club. It's not happening unless the owners show proper financial support to the manager.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:17 - Aug 26 with 1743 viewsclloy2

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:06 - Aug 26 by barry_island

Reading on the BBC website today about Amazon paying people to be Fulfilment Centre Ambassadors to rubbish any criticism of their employment practices. Strange but similar echoes on here.

There is no doubt that paid stooges of the club post both here and on scfc2, largely to defend the actions of the sell outs and the owners.
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:36 - Aug 26 with 1702 viewsCatullus

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:17 - Aug 26 by clloy2

There is no doubt that paid stooges of the club post both here and on scfc2, largely to defend the actions of the sell outs and the owners.

I've had a vision, Huw and Leigh together in a room on their laptops sniggering as they post another rebuttal of any post critical of them or Levein and Kaplan.........like the Chuckle brothers but not as clever or as funny..

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:39 - Aug 26 with 1685 viewsbarry_island

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:36 - Aug 26 by Catullus

I've had a vision, Huw and Leigh together in a room on their laptops sniggering as they post another rebuttal of any post critical of them or Levein and Kaplan.........like the Chuckle brothers but not as clever or as funny..

Two (for) me, Two (for) you.

Not quite what the Chuckles had in mind though.

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:47 - Aug 26 with 1660 viewsmajorraglan

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:17 - Aug 26 by clloy2

The club has a Press Dept and I would be very surprised if they weren’t active on Planet Swans, SCFC2and the Jack Army forums in addition to Twitter and Facebook. Lots of companies and groups try to manage their PR.
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 12:21 - Aug 26 with 1590 viewsdobjack2

Beware of the enemy within. Indeed.
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 12:32 - Aug 26 with 1576 viewsMrSwerve

I’m sure that some want us to lose so that they can come on here to tell us that we all wanted them to lose...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 12:44 - Aug 26 with 1536 viewsBloodyhills

Some just want an excuse to attack other supporters.

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 12:47 - Aug 26 with 1526 viewsmonmouth

Drop me a pm Huw, I’m easily bought.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 12:53 - Aug 26 with 1508 viewsBillyChong

Free flowing attacking football with a brilliant board. Huw Jenkins 0-1 Bristol City.
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 13:27 - Aug 26 with 1466 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 09:43 - Aug 26 by E20Jack

The same people who dug up your positive posts last season and had their finger hovering above the bump post button as soon as the final whistle went confirming our relegation.

The exact same ones.

Only want to moan like fack and misery out of watching the Swans.

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 13:30 - Aug 26 with 1452 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 10:13 - Aug 26 by monmouth

I don’t believe many, if any, want us to lose. I do believe that there are quite a few that revel in it when it happens though.

I want some new additions as much as anyone. In fact without them I think we are in for a right scrap if we can’t play our best team in every game.

Tuesday and yesterday though was I thought exactly what we can expect this season. Inconsistency from young players and currently, a scratch team and coaches getting to know each other. There’ll be lots more of this (good and bad) throughout the season. Expectation levels were getting a bit silly anyway I reckon. Brizz were better than us. Yesterday, that is. If we played them today we might be better than them. That’s what happens with a young inexperienced team. For example Celina is a promising player, but to think he is going to be brilliant every week is ridiculous. He is young and developing. I’m going to enjoy the journey this year, good or bad. I think the actual strategy is absolutely the right one.

As long as we get some reinforcements in the obvious areas that is. The team is screaming out for them.

Superb post. Everyone should read and digest.

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 13:32 - Aug 26 with 1446 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 10:57 - Aug 26 by barry_island

I go occasionally. At other times far more pressing priorities I'm afraid.

Life's rich tapestry perhaps.

Well I'm glad you've got your priorities right and no offence but WTF are you being squeezed for??

I'll tell you, Jack shit.

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 13:34 - Aug 26 with 1438 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 10:59 - Aug 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Wow, have you got any actual real life mates? You are one boring mother facker.

Talk a load of shit too.

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 13:46 - Aug 26 with 1404 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:05 - Aug 26 by Bloodyhills

I think it is a mixture of both. Certainly lots of indications of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Why exactly is that? Because I have a different opinion and I think I'm right?

What if I am? What if it's the popular opinion that's wrong? You're all so sheepish you wouldn't be able to think for yourself.

Monmouth has summed it up perfectly a few posts ago, is he suffering from the same disorder?

Everyone wants to jump on bandwagons, you don't have to be narcissistic to be able to think and act for yourself.

Facking mutton.

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 13:49 - Aug 26 with 1390 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:08 - Aug 26 by Brynmill_Jack

I expect many like me fancy buying the new home jersey, spending extra money on cup games and food and drink in the stadium just to support the club. It's not happening unless the owners show proper financial support to the manager.

Spend more money, buy more players....

But I'm not buying a club shirt to help with the finances.

Love, the criminally thick.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024