Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY 13:05 - Aug 11 with 28843 viewsTheResurrection

This is what we're up against.

Some won't even be there but if we went a goal down they won't be able to get to their keyboards quick enough.

This is what we were up against last season. Some of our fans, especially the ones posting on here, WANT us to fail.

Beware of the enemy within.

SUPPORT YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB - YOU WONT HAVE ANOTHER ONE

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:29 - Aug 27 with 2719 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:11 - Aug 27 by Phil_S

That isn't of course what Lisa said

Not word for word but it's what she made light of by her implications.

And Chad, I agree with lots you've said but SCFC is more important than holding grudges now. And by the way, the Trust still owns the same shareholding and still has the same minority voting rights. Nothing, in effect, or actual fact has changed.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 12:55 - Aug 27 with 2654 viewslondonlisa2001

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:29 - Aug 27 by TheResurrection

And Chad, I agree with lots you've said but SCFC is more important than holding grudges now. And by the way, the Trust still owns the same shareholding and still has the same minority voting rights. Nothing, in effect, or actual fact has changed.

I didn’t say it Chris.

I said that shirts and catering doesn’t move the dial much. The impacts are tiny. In comparison with keeping a back office / commercial infrastructure set up for the PL with a squad that hasn’t been designed to get there in short order.

You can do the numbers. How much does the club get per shirt? Fiver? Tenner? If 2000 people boycott shirt sales in a protest that’s ten or twenty grand ffs.

If you’re going to get the hump about me saying that ten grand is not moving the dial much, or describing it as tiny, how about getting the hump for some of the other amounts leaving the club that are a hundred times more than that.
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 12:59 - Aug 27 with 2644 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 12:55 - Aug 27 by londonlisa2001

I didn’t say it Chris.

I said that shirts and catering doesn’t move the dial much. The impacts are tiny. In comparison with keeping a back office / commercial infrastructure set up for the PL with a squad that hasn’t been designed to get there in short order.

You can do the numbers. How much does the club get per shirt? Fiver? Tenner? If 2000 people boycott shirt sales in a protest that’s ten or twenty grand ffs.

If you’re going to get the hump about me saying that ten grand is not moving the dial much, or describing it as tiny, how about getting the hump for some of the other amounts leaving the club that are a hundred times more than that.

I would guess the Club gets 20 to 40 quid for every shirt when you include all the stuff that goes on them.

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 13:03 - Aug 27 with 2625 viewscostalotta

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 12:59 - Aug 27 by TheResurrection

I would guess the Club gets 20 to 40 quid for every shirt when you include all the stuff that goes on them.

So, worst case scenario is 80k.
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 13:04 - Aug 27 with 2632 viewslondonlisa2001

You’d guess wrong.

Edited to add - standard shirt deals are for 10-15% of revenue for the club.

The shirt ex vat only costs £37.50.

[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 13:12]
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 19:22 - Aug 27 with 2518 viewsBillyChong

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:19 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

And plenty haven’t.

I’m not sure your point. The likes of Wolves, Leicester and WBA are a much more attractive investment than Swansea.

My point was that there have been plenty of takeovers, contrary to what you said it is not a rarity.

Of those examples Leicester were bought in the championship and hadn’t been in the premier league for a few years. Wolves were bought when in a similar position. They’ve had far more success with their newer owners. From an investment point of view we were in a far better position than WBA with a far bigger fan base to tap in to just one reason.
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 19:26 - Aug 27 with 2506 viewsPhil_S

I'm assuming by now we have established that we dont have fans who hope we lose?
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 19:40 - Aug 27 with 2478 viewsBobbyBacala

The manufacturer pays an annual fee to produce the shirt and then retain upwards of 80% of the sales. The club will get the remainder, usually around 10%. That's why Adidas and Nike will pay millions to Man United and Chelsea - it wouldn't be worth their while if they didn't earn the majority of the revenue.

When people say 'shirt sales will pay for the signing of Player X', they're talking rubbish.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 19:41]
Login to get fewer ads

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 21:01 - Aug 27 with 2420 viewsLoyal

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 00:05 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Like 85% of the fans we have today then? (except the chairman bit).

We had crowds of 3,000. People were not interested in us.

He stuck his hand in his pocket when others wouldn't.

That's a fact.
Nobody is disagreeing..

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 21:05 - Aug 27 with 2410 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 08:59 - Aug 27 by TheResurrection

You still pissed from the night before?

Still got nothing then? As you were.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 21:07 - Aug 27 with 2396 viewsE20Jack

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 19:22 - Aug 27 by BillyChong

My point was that there have been plenty of takeovers, contrary to what you said it is not a rarity.

Of those examples Leicester were bought in the championship and hadn’t been in the premier league for a few years. Wolves were bought when in a similar position. They’ve had far more success with their newer owners. From an investment point of view we were in a far better position than WBA with a far bigger fan base to tap in to just one reason.

Of course it is a rarity. You reckon it is easy to find someone to pay £60m-£100m for a football club in Swansea that isn’t in it to make money from it? You are dreaming.

You are talking about big clubs there too, in good areas, with decent history.

We have a rented ground, in the back if beyond, limited room for growth and a history of being a lower league club.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 21:13 - Aug 27 with 2377 viewsswan65split

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Nurse
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 21:21 - Aug 27 with 2350 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 19:40 - Aug 27 by BobbyBacala

The manufacturer pays an annual fee to produce the shirt and then retain upwards of 80% of the sales. The club will get the remainder, usually around 10%. That's why Adidas and Nike will pay millions to Man United and Chelsea - it wouldn't be worth their while if they didn't earn the majority of the revenue.

When people say 'shirt sales will pay for the signing of Player X', they're talking rubbish.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 19:41]

We get good money from it, it's an income stream, that's all that's important here.

We're now trivialising what brings in money, sums up the 2018 fan and the Trust Board

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 21:37 - Aug 27 with 2301 viewsDJack

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 21:21 - Aug 27 by TheResurrection

We get good money from it, it's an income stream, that's all that's important here.

We're now trivialising what brings in money, sums up the 2018 fan and the Trust Board

No one is trivialising it. It is just being put in context i.e. the money it brings in, although welcome, is dwarfed by the TV money etc

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 21:40 - Aug 27 with 2288 viewsairedale

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 21:37 - Aug 27 by DJack

No one is trivialising it. It is just being put in context i.e. the money it brings in, although welcome, is dwarfed by the TV money etc

Only trouble is, we’re with S4C now.
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 21:41 - Aug 27 with 2283 viewsDJack

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 21:40 - Aug 27 by airedale

Only trouble is, we’re with S4C now.

Aye and his chum Huw is partly culpable for that.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 22:19 - Aug 27 with 2222 viewslondonlisa2001

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 21:21 - Aug 27 by TheResurrection

Nope.

I was putting the financial effect on the club of a boycott by a relatively small number of fans of shirts and / or drinks into the context of some of the sums of money that people should actually be concerned about, yet seemingly aren’t.
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 19:21 - Sep 6 with 1987 viewschad

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:25 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Again you seem more angry and vengeful than anything. You can put it on bold if it helps, but he didn’t say that, not once. There was also no contractual agreement. People can peddle these myths to make themselves feel better but they aren’t remotely true.

Tell me, do you think his replacement also won’t make millions from the club? Isn’t the thinking to offer a 500k p/a salary? Do you think the replacement will be from Swansea? Do you think they will have any connection to the club?

If as I presume, your answer is no, then why do you think the new replacement will put the club above his own weldare and the welfare of the owners paying his wage - his employers?

This part always fascinates me.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 11:30]

Angry and vengeful, if that were the case I would have never supported the res when he suggested we could be worse off without Jenkins.

What I have put there is a direct quote from the Guardian so they obviously thought he did.
In fact at the end of last season we went on the longest run of losses all season.

You may wish to peddle the shareholder agreement as a myth but that document was indeed a contractual agreement ratified by common enactment. At least Jenkins understood this, that is why he desperately tried to push the Trust to sign away their rights to it on the eleventh hour before the sale.

That is also why Jason tried to me he knew nothing about it when I fronted him on pushing through the sale without the known contractual rights of the Trust being met first.

That is despite according to the Trust providing the prospective new owners with a copy of that contract. In fact after denying any knowledge of it in that recorded meeting Jason then told me they had requested a copy - not sure how that works.

The Trust solicitors are also clear on the validity of this and is one of the issues the sellouts / new owners will be taken on

Lastly why do you think being from Swansea / having a connection to the club means doing a more capable job - we have seen how the sellouts have lied and cheated

In fact the likes of Leon and Angel who would be seen as some of the most committed members of the club are not even from Wales.
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 19:29 - Sep 6 with 1951 viewschad

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:29 - Aug 27 by TheResurrection

It has indeed changed quite dramatically that is why top counsel said we had a strong case.

The balance of power has completely changed this is one of the main arguments of the case
Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY (n/t) on 19:43 - Sep 6 with 1923 viewsbonymine

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 11:25 - Aug 27 by E20Jack

Again you seem more angry and vengeful than anything. You can put it on bold if it helps, but he didn’t say that, not once. There was also no contractual agreement. People can peddle these myths to make themselves feel better but they aren’t remotely true.

Tell me, do you think his replacement also won’t make millions from the club? Isn’t the thinking to offer a 500k p/a salary? Do you think the replacement will be from Swansea? Do you think they will have any connection to the club?

If as I presume, your answer is no, then why do you think the new replacement will put the club above his own weldare and the welfare of the owners paying his wage - his employers?

This part always fascinates me.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 11:30]

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-chairman
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 19:43]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 20:02 - Sep 6 with 1891 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 19:29 - Sep 6 by chad

It has indeed changed quite dramatically that is why top counsel said we had a strong case.

The balance of power has completely changed this is one of the main arguments of the case

We had no power before.

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY (n/t) on 02:22 - Sep 7 with 1804 viewsE20Jack

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY (n/t) on 19:43 - Sep 6 by bonymine

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-chairman
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 19:43]

What is that link supposed to show?

Clicked on it but struggling to find any relevance to the discussion.

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 02:31 - Sep 7 with 1801 viewsE20Jack

Our fans ARE PRAYING WE WILL LOSE TODAY on 19:21 - Sep 6 by chad

Angry and vengeful, if that were the case I would have never supported the res when he suggested we could be worse off without Jenkins.

What I have put there is a direct quote from the Guardian so they obviously thought he did.
In fact at the end of last season we went on the longest run of losses all season.

You may wish to peddle the shareholder agreement as a myth but that document was indeed a contractual agreement ratified by common enactment. At least Jenkins understood this, that is why he desperately tried to push the Trust to sign away their rights to it on the eleventh hour before the sale.

That is also why Jason tried to me he knew nothing about it when I fronted him on pushing through the sale without the known contractual rights of the Trust being met first.

That is despite according to the Trust providing the prospective new owners with a copy of that contract. In fact after denying any knowledge of it in that recorded meeting Jason then told me they had requested a copy - not sure how that works.

The Trust solicitors are also clear on the validity of this and is one of the issues the sellouts / new owners will be taken on

Lastly why do you think being from Swansea / having a connection to the club means doing a more capable job - we have seen how the sellouts have lied and cheated

In fact the likes of Leon and Angel who would be seen as some of the most committed members of the club are not even from Wales.

You didn't, you changed the quote to represent a time frame you applied. Again, he did not once say if we were relegated he would resign. Not once.

There is no peddling of any myths, the only myth is that the shareholders agreement was valid. Multiple shareholders did not sign it so how can it be valid? And why are the Trust not pursuing that angle? Because the paper is worthless. It may show some sort of special arrangement but not worth the paper it is written on in terms of a binding contract.

I don't think it matters where people are from, that tends to be other peoples argument regarding wanting whats best for the club. The only people that is going to want that is those that do not have a vested interest in the monetization of it i.e The Trust.

So the point is, if all owners are going to be in it for the money, isnt it better to keep those that we know are running the club at an even keel?

(No subject) (n/t) on 04:20 - Sep 7 with 1765 viewsbonymine

Just a couple of Jenkins’ previous press statements here, enough said ;

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9724954/swansea-chairman-huw-jenkin

[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 4:22]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

(No subject) (n/t) on 04:58 - Sep 7 with 1748 viewsE20Jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 04:20 - Sep 7 by bonymine

Just a couple of Jenkins’ previous press statements here, enough said ;

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/9724954/swansea-chairman-huw-jenkin

[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 4:22]

Says he would consider it. Of which I have no doubt he probably did.

Why has everyone decided to change that very clear statement is beyond me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024