Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ 17:44 - Aug 11 with 14819 viewslondonlisa2001

Fantastic result from a team that is playing their hearts out.

Look at the age of the starting 11 today. Only Olsson over 30. Two keepers 29. Rest of the team average age 22.

Bright manager and coaching team, full of energy and ideas. Adventurous but pragmatic as well. Obviously know how to spot a player.

Crowd really desperate to support them and willing them on.

We could build something really special here again.

Don’t you bloody dare let them down by failing to bring in the 4 players or so that could make all the difference.

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:49 - Aug 11 with 6598 viewswestwalesed

It's only two wins, it's going to be a long season, but the grit I've seen in the last two games, coupled with moments of real quality has me optimistic.

Your sentiments are spot on - 3 to 4 decent loan signings and we will have a good season on our hands here.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:51 - Aug 11 with 6554 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:49 - Aug 11 by westwalesed

It's only two wins, it's going to be a long season, but the grit I've seen in the last two games, coupled with moments of real quality has me optimistic.

Your sentiments are spot on - 3 to 4 decent loan signings and we will have a good season on our hands here.

How about 6-8 loans to actually replace those that have gone?
You need plenty of depth for 46 games a season.
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:53 - Aug 11 with 6519 viewswestwalesed

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:51 - Aug 11 by A_Fans_Dad

Can you have that many loans?
The board are unlikely to sanction that many - we need to be careful, replace with quality not quantity and bring the U23s in when required.

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:53 - Aug 11 with 6524 viewslondonlisa2001

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:51 - Aug 11 by A_Fans_Dad

That’s not going to happen.

That’s why I said 4.

We need 1 CF, 1 DM / CM, 1 CB essential. And preferably 1 more who can play both CB and DM.

If there is no chance if Bony playing, another CF as well.
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:55 - Aug 11 with 6479 viewswestwalesed

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:53 - Aug 11 by londonlisa2001

That’s why I said 4.

We need 1 CF, 1 DM / CM, 1 CB essential. And preferably 1 more who can play both CB and DM.

What is Bony's prognosis?

If he's still here in January, he could be a beast at this level - we are making chances right enough.

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:56 - Aug 11 with 6478 viewsjasper_T

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:53 - Aug 11 by westwalesed

Can you have that many loans?
The board are unlikely to sanction that many - we need to be careful, replace with quality not quantity and bring the U23s in when required.

Plenty of untapped quality in the squad, we just need 2 or 3 in key positions. No point bringing in players simply for depth when the kids brought through have never let us down.
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:56 - Aug 11 with 6446 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:53 - Aug 11 by londonlisa2001

That’s why I said 4.

They do not all have to be loans as you can get players on a free, as we already have.
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:57 - Aug 11 with 6455 viewslondonlisa2001

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:56 - Aug 11 by jasper_T

Plenty of untapped quality in the squad, we just need 2 or 3 in key positions. No point bringing in players simply for depth when the kids brought through have never let us down.

No. We don’t just need 2.

We need 4.
Login to get fewer ads

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:10 - Aug 11 with 6334 viewsjasper_T

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:57 - Aug 11 by londonlisa2001

No. We don’t just need 2.

We need 4.

Centreback, holding midfielder, striker if Bony is as broken as we all suspect.
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:14 - Aug 11 with 6261 viewsjackal

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:10 - Aug 11 by jasper_T

Centreback, holding midfielder, striker if Bony is as broken as we all suspect.

Striker is a must. Ollie played his socks off (not trying to be funny), but he looked knackered at the end.

Must have back up.
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:18 - Aug 11 with 6205 viewsCaptain_Sham

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:14 - Aug 11 by jackal

Striker is a must. Ollie played his socks off (not trying to be funny), but he looked knackered at the end.

Must have back up.

Player looks knackered at the end of a game. I Should fking well hope so. SMH.

Its just a ride.

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:18 - Aug 11 with 6206 viewslondonlisa2001

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:14 - Aug 11 by jackal

Must have back up.

Yep. Two if Bony won’t play again.
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:19 - Aug 11 with 6184 viewsCaptain_Sham

Someone better tell Potter he needs 4 new players. He clearly isn't in the loop.

Its just a ride.

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:20 - Aug 11 with 6174 viewsDr_Winston

Plainly we need another CB. With Potter willing to switch to three at the back perhaps that's all we'd need there. We definitely need someone to sit deep in the midfield allowing Fer and Celina the freedom to make things happen at the other end. Plus another forward.

We could get away with three. Four or five good additions and expectations can rise accordingly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:23 - Aug 11 with 6123 viewsUxbridge

The frustrating thing is that it wouldn't take much to have a real crack at this division. It's largely junk and we still have some decent players left after the firesale.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 19:27 - Aug 11 with 5867 viewsjack_lord

Pearlman has been thrown under the bus and his words "I'll be surprised if we don't get any loans" usually means the opposite.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 20:03 - Aug 11 with 5744 viewsHip

Three signings would be ideal, but two would be realistic for the current squad. A forward, a midfielder and a center back are all we really need.

Something tells me we're really going to see if all the success the u23 have had translates into first team success. Cian Harris (CB), Aaron Lewis (RB), George Byers (CAM) and Daniel James (LW) are all going to be given a chance IMO.
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 20:14 - Aug 11 with 5668 viewsNewhousemustscore

I'd love Ethan Ampadu. He plays centre back or defensive midfield, he"s young & hungry, he can play a bit, has a family connection.... & already has his own song.
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 20:15 - Aug 11 with 5660 viewsplasjack

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 20:03 - Aug 11 by Hip

Three signings would be ideal, but two would be realistic for the current squad. A forward, a midfielder and a center back are all we really need.

Something tells me we're really going to see if all the success the u23 have had translates into first team success. Cian Harris (CB), Aaron Lewis (RB), George Byers (CAM) and Daniel James (LW) are all going to be given a chance IMO.

After todays game, I would use our under 23's, more fight and passion.
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 20:29 - Aug 11 with 5610 viewsBillyChong

They must have been sweating their arses off on a result today
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 20:30 - Aug 11 with 5599 viewsCaptain_Sham

“We have got to be careful when it comes to assessing deadline days and transfer windows,” he said.
“Most people thought this time last year that the club had had a good window, with Renato Sanches and Tammy Abraham coming in on loan and Sam Clucas arriving.

“You can only assess whether the window’s been successful at the end of the season. You can see then whether players have helped you win games, improved the playing style or improved the environment.
“We have brought four players in for not much money. There’s a point where you have to have players who want to be here. We want a group that’s together and we want players who want to fight for Swansea City.
“I understand that people want external solutions, but we have focused on the internal solutions.
“There’s another window open now and we can do some work in that.
“But I don’t want to be one of those managers who whinges about what we have got or what we haven’t got.
“For me it’s about working with the players who are here.”
The loan market is open until the end of August, and the Swans will look to bolster Potter’s squad.
“I am aware we need to carry on improving the group we have — it’s a long season — but that’s not to the detriment of the players who are here,” the former Ostersund manager added.
“I wouldn’t say there will be many more coming in, but there’s a chance that we will get some players.
“What we must do is get the right ones. It’s about getting the right players who want to play for Swansea City.”

Its just a ride.

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:39 - Aug 11 with 5517 viewsjack_lord

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 20:43 - Aug 11 with 5481 viewsDr_Winston

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 20:30 - Aug 11 by Captain_Sham

“We have got to be careful when it comes to assessing deadline days and transfer windows,” he said.
“Most people thought this time last year that the club had had a good window, with Renato Sanches and Tammy Abraham coming in on loan and Sam Clucas arriving.

“You can only assess whether the window’s been successful at the end of the season. You can see then whether players have helped you win games, improved the playing style or improved the environment.
“We have brought four players in for not much money. There’s a point where you have to have players who want to be here. We want a group that’s together and we want players who want to fight for Swansea City.
“I understand that people want external solutions, but we have focused on the internal solutions.
“There’s another window open now and we can do some work in that.
“But I don’t want to be one of those managers who whinges about what we have got or what we haven’t got.
“For me it’s about working with the players who are here.”
The loan market is open until the end of August, and the Swans will look to bolster Potter’s squad.
“I am aware we need to carry on improving the group we have — it’s a long season — but that’s not to the detriment of the players who are here,” the former Ostersund manager added.
“I wouldn’t say there will be many more coming in, but there’s a chance that we will get some players.
“What we must do is get the right ones. It’s about getting the right players who want to play for Swansea City.”

The words of a man who is clearly about to resign.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 20:45 - Aug 11 with 5461 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is Baston still on our books?
The 1st team is now showing
Byers, Asoro & Dhanda as team members and have added Declan John
But still show
Fernandez
Amat
Both Ayews
and Baston
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 20:46 - Aug 11 with 5453 viewsjasper_T

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 20:45 - Aug 11 by A_Fans_Dad

Is Baston still on our books?