Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ 17:44 - Aug 11 with 14878 viewslondonlisa2001

Fantastic result from a team that is playing their hearts out.

Look at the age of the starting 11 today. Only Olsson over 30. Two keepers 29. Rest of the team average age 22.

Bright manager and coaching team, full of energy and ideas. Adventurous but pragmatic as well. Obviously know how to spot a player.

Crowd really desperate to support them and willing them on.

We could build something really special here again.

Don’t you bloody dare let them down by failing to bring in the 4 players or so that could make all the difference.

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 22:01 - Aug 12 with 2145 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 21:57 - Aug 11 by Flashberryjack

Celina certainly looks as if he's got something about him, sadly a very fragile player in an already fragile midfield, but most of us are fully aware of our fragility in midfield for the last couple of seasons..

Fragile? He may look like he needs a good dinner but his ability has shown not many opposition players can even get near enough to kick him. He's yards ahead in speed of thought.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 22:06 - Aug 12 with 2124 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 21:09 - Aug 11 by Flashberryjack

We've needed a central/creative midfielder for at least three seasons, what makes you think we'll get one in now.

I assume you watched the second half today ?

Having to use a sub up for our GK hamstrung options for us off the bench. I would have liked Potter to do what he did last week and bring Jeff on for Asoro (who had a nice game, improved from last week) and eeping our pace up front. I think he panicked a bit and his attempt to match up in MF backfired as it resulted in players getting confused and in each other's way.

And with no outball option up front it gave Preston all the encouragement to lay siege which they did.

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 22:07 - Aug 12 with 2119 viewslonglostjack

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 22:01 - Aug 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Fragile? He may look like he needs a good dinner but his ability has shown not many opposition players can even get near enough to kick him. He's yards ahead in speed of thought.

Needs to beef himself up. That Modric bloke never really made the grade either.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 22:15 - Aug 12 with 2109 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 21:57 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

Fack me, he's had 2 games

Do you think that scenario is inconceivable? You know I don't mean right now. Read the post. If late November Stoke lose too much ground he'll be sacked. They can't afford to miss out on promotion. Potter is from the Midlands and has played for Stoke and if he overachieves he will be a very desirable alternative.

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 22:25 - Aug 12 with 2087 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 22:07 - Aug 12 by longlostjack

Needs to beef himself up. That Modric bloke never really made the grade either.

Reminds me of Modric physique wise but Celina glides around the pitch.

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 16:35 - Aug 31 with 1824 viewsHeadmaster

"Don’t you bloody dare let them down by failing to bring in the 4 players or so that could make all the difference."

They dared. What a surprise.
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 16:49 - Aug 31 with 1742 viewsTheResurrection

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 16:35 - Aug 31 by Headmaster

"Don’t you bloody dare let them down by failing to bring in the 4 players or so that could make all the difference."

They dared. What a surprise.

But we now add in at least 4 more EPL standard players into the mix... And before anyone childishly tries to put them down, each one of the players now not going will have a lot more to offer than most some on here would've been willing to bring in.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:00 - Aug 31 with 1683 viewsBlasterJack

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 16:49 - Aug 31 by TheResurrection

But we now add in at least 4 more EPL standard players into the mix... And before anyone childishly tries to put them down, each one of the players now not going will have a lot more to offer than most some on here would've been willing to bring in.

Because we really needed 'an extra' 3 wingers.

You can try and dress this up anyway you want but the lack of ambition we have shown is staggering.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Login to get fewer ads

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:01 - Aug 31 with 1675 viewsmonmouth

If we could get Routledge, Narsing, Dyer and Bony match fit and into the squad now, at least until January with something to prove, I'd say that's a massive bonus.

These are good quality players at this level. If we have to pay them a big wedge, lets get them playing. Could we have really got better? I would have liked another midfield enforcer to support Fer, and I do have serious reservations about what is happening at the club strategically behind the scenes, but no point in crying about things. Lets just see see how it plays out, on the field and off, including resolution of the Trust issues. One thing's for sure, we can wail all we like, but they are sticking to whatever the plan is.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:41 - Aug 31 with 1551 viewsTheResurrection

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:00 - Aug 31 by BlasterJack

Because we really needed 'an extra' 3 wingers.

You can try and dress this up anyway you want but the lack of ambition we have shown is staggering.

Not sure we did.

But I know for a fact we don't want another administration.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:53 - Aug 31 with 1480 viewsawayjack

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:01 - Aug 31 by monmouth

If we could get Routledge, Narsing, Dyer and Bony match fit and into the squad now, at least until January with something to prove, I'd say that's a massive bonus.

These are good quality players at this level. If we have to pay them a big wedge, lets get them playing. Could we have really got better? I would have liked another midfield enforcer to support Fer, and I do have serious reservations about what is happening at the club strategically behind the scenes, but no point in crying about things. Lets just see see how it plays out, on the field and off, including resolution of the Trust issues. One thing's for sure, we can wail all we like, but they are sticking to whatever the plan is.

Yup we are where we are until Jan now. I’m sure Potter will use every player to the max. I hope he’s got a plan how to best use the 8 wingers into a system. Some can cover CF, maybe wing backs. Midfield looks tough. Let’s prey Fer m stays fit and the likes of Grimes, Fulton and Carrol step up to the challenge.
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:56 - Aug 31 with 1467 viewsUxbridge

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 17:01 - Aug 31 by monmouth

There's absolutely no reason not to include them in the squad now. Could understand it if looking to ship out and you're looking to get some continuity going. 4 months is a lifetime in football though.

If Bony is close to fitness, and the indications are that he is, then we may get away with it and he could be a beast in this league. We're worryingly dependent on a certain 3 or 4 players remaining fit, which is far from ideal. Saying that, I've always seen this window and season as one of transition, was hoping it was the right direction of transition.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:11 - Aug 31 with 1423 viewslondonlisa2001

I’m assuming people do realise that the international window doesn’t shut until 11pm.
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:12 - Aug 31 with 1410 viewsUxbridge

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:11 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

I’m assuming people do realise that the international window doesn’t shut until 11pm.

Some go later than that.

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:14 - Aug 31 with 1400 viewsmonmouth

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:11 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

People might. I didn't. I am assuming that you aren't expecting international transfers in...

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:19 - Aug 31 with 1376 viewslondonlisa2001

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:14 - Aug 31 by monmouth

People might. I didn't. I am assuming that you aren't expecting international transfers in...

Our window in is shut. Our window out is not shut...

Who knows what can still happen. I’ve no idea. I just wouldn’t count chickens.
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:21 - Aug 31 with 1361 viewslondonlisa2001

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:12 - Aug 31 by Uxbridge

Some go later than that.

Yep. So wouldn’t as yet bank on us having those 4 players to pick from to be honest. Probably can bank on Dyer and Routledge, but Bony and Narsingh were never going to go to another British club.

Be interesting if Narsingh stays, just a few days after he was slagged off quite publicly of course...
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:23 - Aug 31 with 1348 viewsTheResurrection

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:19 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

Well we're just trying to see things in a positive light and I would highly doubt all 4 will be off to pastures foreign.

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:23 - Aug 31 with 1344 viewsmonmouth

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:19 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

Yes, I'm slow tonight.

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:27 - Aug 31 with 1327 viewslondonlisa2001

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:23 - Aug 31 by TheResurrection

Well we're just trying to see things in a positive light and I would highly doubt all 4 will be off to pastures foreign.

What British teams were you expecting Bony and Narsingh to join?

Better for the club if Bony does go.

Just a few hours left to try to achieve it.
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:27 - Aug 31 with 1326 viewsUxbridge

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:21 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

Yep. So wouldn’t as yet bank on us having those 4 players to pick from to be honest. Probably can bank on Dyer and Routledge, but Bony and Narsingh were never going to go to another British club.

Be interesting if Narsingh stays, just a few days after he was slagged off quite publicly of course...

Aye. Not that I have much time for the fairytale of the poor, put upon footballer, but that was remarkably unprofessional on a certain someone's part. And not for the first time.

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:29 - Aug 31 with 1313 viewsUxbridge

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:27 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

What British teams were you expecting Bony and Narsingh to join?

Better for the club if Bony does go.

Just a few hours left to try to achieve it.

I'd have agreed with you two hours ago. Now, if he's even close to fitness, I'd keep Bony, at least til Jan. If he's not, then might as well.

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:34 - Aug 31 with 1282 viewslondonlisa2001

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:29 - Aug 31 by Uxbridge

I'd have agreed with you two hours ago. Now, if he's even close to fitness, I'd keep Bony, at least til Jan. If he's not, then might as well.

The number of times he’s likely to be able to get fit enough to play in the championship, I’d rather us have the money so it can not be used as an excuse in January.

Great player at his best, but I’ve severe doubts whether his best can return for anything other than the most fleeting glimpse. Anyway, if they fail in getting him off the books, we’ll soon find out. Let’s hope he can have a last hurrah with us. God knows we’ll need it.
Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:42 - Aug 31 with 1248 viewsUxbridge

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:34 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

The number of times he’s likely to be able to get fit enough to play in the championship, I’d rather us have the money so it can not be used as an excuse in January.

Great player at his best, but I’ve severe doubts whether his best can return for anything other than the most fleeting glimpse. Anyway, if they fail in getting him off the books, we’ll soon find out. Let’s hope he can have a last hurrah with us. God knows we’ll need it.

That last sentence is why I would. But yeah, you can't have someone on that wedge in this division, particularly with his injury record.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 18:43]

Don’t you dare SK, JL, HJ on 18:51 - Aug 31 with 1218 viewsTheResurrection

So are you trying to say Bony is on his way, Lisa?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024