Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genuine Question About The Board... 05:00 - Aug 12 with 4477 viewsSwan91

If we sign a couple of good loans and keep bringing in cheap players (mainly young).... do well in the league (promotion of close to it) whilst playing good football that resembles the old "Swansea Way" like we have in the first 2 games....... Would you still want the Americans and HJ gone????

genuinely interested in having a discussion about this (hopefully one without childish behaviour).

I honestly am not that much of a fan of the board... I appreciate what HJ did for the club before.... but also realise he majorly messed it up post Laudrup. Now there is a whole costcutting and pretty much a big reset happening this season. I will always have the annoyance of what happened for the past 4 seasons... but at the same time.. this season has made me excited about the club and the team again... and I genuinely feel happy and excited when seeing the team play so far this season.

Pros - We have got rid of nearly all of the mercenary type players who were on big wages. This I think has been the best move by us.. not afraid to get rid of anyone who doesn't have the attitude to play for us.

We have also mixed in youth in the first team. I feel this might give us more loyal players in the first team. Players who have been here since young, are used to the old way of how we liked to play and have a connection to the team.

Manager - Have to say GP has had a great start.. him and his team have brought great players in (who don't really look like the mercenary type). And he is getting us to play good football again. And the fact that GP and hist team have a bigger part in recruiting players this window is a big plus.

Cons - We are pretty light with players...this is very dangerous but could all be solved with 2 loan signings.

what are your thoughts??
Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:13 - Aug 12 with 1152 viewsThornburyswan

Good post & makes a positive change from all the usual "banter" - FWIW my thoughts :-

1. Early days noted but so far I like how Potter & his team are going about things, concentrating on the players that want to play & are up for learning/developing with him.
2. Like the greater youth focus, both from within & brought in by Potter.
3. Playing style looks decent so far.
4. The Board/HJ are, I believe, looking it from a viable business perspective & are in heavy cost cut mode - noting our £99M wage bill in last published accounts that's not too surprising post our relegation. I have no real problem with that provided they give Potter enough support (they are short of that right now).
5. Personally I'd be happy for the Board to keep a low profile - I have little interest in them - I think HJ should have resigned in the summer as he suggested he might back in Jan BUT sometimes the 'devil you know' is a better option!
6. If the Board support Potter with at least 3/4 loanees of decent standard & cover our gaps - so at least 1 x CB & 1 x CF in that - I'd be ok with the situation. Not pleased but ok based on an assumption that this is a re-set/consolidation season so mid-table is ok with me whilst we build style/squad under Potter.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:17 - Aug 12 with 1142 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:13 - Aug 12 by Thornburyswan

Good post & makes a positive change from all the usual "banter" - FWIW my thoughts :-

1. Early days noted but so far I like how Potter & his team are going about things, concentrating on the players that want to play & are up for learning/developing with him.
2. Like the greater youth focus, both from within & brought in by Potter.
3. Playing style looks decent so far.
4. The Board/HJ are, I believe, looking it from a viable business perspective & are in heavy cost cut mode - noting our £99M wage bill in last published accounts that's not too surprising post our relegation. I have no real problem with that provided they give Potter enough support (they are short of that right now).
5. Personally I'd be happy for the Board to keep a low profile - I have little interest in them - I think HJ should have resigned in the summer as he suggested he might back in Jan BUT sometimes the 'devil you know' is a better option!
6. If the Board support Potter with at least 3/4 loanees of decent standard & cover our gaps - so at least 1 x CB & 1 x CF in that - I'd be ok with the situation. Not pleased but ok based on an assumption that this is a re-set/consolidation season so mid-table is ok with me whilst we build style/squad under Potter.

Anyone present at either game would have seen how close we are to a promotion winning team. That's the frustration for me.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:19 - Aug 12 with 1133 viewsangryjack

Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:32 - Aug 12 by Swan91

about grimes as cover... if we were in the PL I would agree with you... but looking at grimes being featured in pre season and even coming on as a sub against PNE (instead of Dhanda, and wingers)... I think that GP rates him a bit... and in the Championship i am sure 4th choice CM is not going to be much better of quality than him.

number 10 role - you want 3 players for that?

Bony - in your opinion he is finished, but I am sure that is not what the club think.. Many people thought the same about Monterro... and under GP he seems to be doing better than he has in the long time. And I did say we need 1 more Striker on loan. he is one of the 2 I believe we need.

CB - I agree this is a problem area... can we find 2 CB's of quality for loan? I'm not sure.

I didn't say another number 10 I was implying that in your line up you named all the midfielders as we had plenty but I said we had 2 number 10 s,leaving only Fulton and Carroll and fer as our defensive midfielders so we need another one at least because Grimes sint the answer,,and the reason he came on yesterday is because we were under the cosh, and it made sense to have him who will work rather than dhanda who is more of a silkly player than a dog,and to be fair there was no one else he could turn to,that's why he used him
Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:21 - Aug 12 with 1130 viewsscruffyjack

I think I should shed some light on our recent board history. When Jenkins became chairman, it was in name only, Martin Morgan was making the decisions, but didn’t want the position himself.

Jenkins has only been in charge since the American buy out, and we all know how well he’s handled that.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:28 - Aug 12 with 1112 viewsThornburyswan

Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:17 - Aug 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Anyone present at either game would have seen how close we are to a promotion winning team. That's the frustration for me.

Wouldn't argue with you on that's but for me any team that has gone through the changes we have plus the lack of experience & thin squad matched with the heavy fixture list will at some point go through a bad spell - possibly driven by key injuries/loss of form etc - so I'd settle for mid-table but obviously be delighted if we do better.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:50 - Aug 12 with 1085 viewsE20Jack

Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:17 - Aug 12 by Brynmill_Jack

It’s going to be tough to outlast the likes of Leeds, regardless.

Our team is very young and probably quite naive footballing wise. I don’t think promotion is on the cards this season, certainly not automatic anyway. Will be unbelievable achievement.

I think this is a longer term project to get out of this league and these lads are the foundations. I can see it being the same as last time we were here 2-3 seasons before we see a serious promotion challenge.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:56 - Aug 12 with 1081 viewsTheResurrection

Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:01 - Aug 12 by EasternJack

I expect to see a centre back. That’s the urgent necessity - although maybe now also a keeper? How is nordfelt?

A DM (woods!) would be helpful as well as a striker. Based on the money situation, I doubt we’ll see these 2 and wouldn’t be surprised to see Fer play up top in moments when both Oli and Bony are out.

To the original question; Im already inclined to give the benefit of the doubt to the American owners. I think they’ve been extremely naive and have depended too much on HJ,s judgement over the last few years. Theyre now seemingly taking control (again necessity) - however as someone else pointed out elsewhere, they need to plug the expertise/network gap, possibly with a DoF (Not Landon D! - maybe they can tap up Rooney for the footballing advice!)

Anyway, I’m with Winston. Too much gone on for HJ to be forgiven and he needs to go for a new start to have a real chance. I think he’s already sidelined by the owners, which could backfire as having him sniping from the sidelines via his media mates will create further division. Time to pay him off.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 9:05]

Dr Winston can't disagree but I can as it's the total opposite. Good try though.

Its the Americans that have taken a back seat and Jenkins has been allowed to make the big decision in bringing in Potter.

They still sign off the cheques, or lack of them, but they've had their wings clipped so they are watching on as Potter gets on with his business.

As for the OP, of course you are right. The only chance we have is to allow us to regroup and do the things that worked for us in the first place - and that means the Americans less involved, not more.

As for the fans, they're as fickle as they come. A few wins and top by Christmas and nobody will be mentioning Jenkins and Co.

Let's just keep on going like we are now but we do need to strengthen. The quality gap in this league is huge. It's a welcome relief really watching teams poor touches or faffing around when last season they would have been in the back of the net. But, they were on the ball far too much for my liking and our youngsters couldn't get a proper grip on the game yesterday.

We need more signings. And they need to be signings that will challenge for the first XI. Genuinely think this is a big chance for us this season.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:57 - Aug 12 with 1077 viewsbyron

Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:50 - Aug 12 by E20Jack

It’s going to be tough to outlast the likes of Leeds, regardless.

Our team is very young and probably quite naive footballing wise. I don’t think promotion is on the cards this season, certainly not automatic anyway. Will be unbelievable achievement.

I think this is a longer term project to get out of this league and these lads are the foundations. I can see it being the same as last time we were here 2-3 seasons before we see a serious promotion challenge.

I wonder what your wage bill is now? Probably still one of the highest in the league behind stoke and maybe wba? Normally, this is a good indicator of where you will end up, like in the PL, normally anyway. We had the 14th highest last season but the manager made up for that. We have by far the lowest again (30 million) half of Huddersfield’s apparently, kind of shows what we are up against maybe potter can bridge the difference also?

Benny

Login to get fewer ads

Genuine Question About The Board... on 10:01 - Aug 12 with 1074 viewsawayjack

Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:35 - Aug 12 by Swan91

Genuine question do you think the americans can keep up with what we are doing this season by themselves?? do you think if after 1 season GP goes (I believe was HJ's suggestion and appointment) the americans can continue with the rebuilding that is currently happening whilst finding managers and players who fit the way we want to play??

Yes if they bring in a decent Chairman / CEO for less than £600k. They'd have to be grossly incompetent not to a better job than Huw in last 3 years, even parking the trust issues over how he's handled the sale and events since.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 10:26 - Aug 12 with 1047 viewslonglostjack

Genuine Question About The Board... on 10:01 - Aug 12 by awayjack

Yes if they bring in a decent Chairman / CEO for less than £600k. They'd have to be grossly incompetent not to a better job than Huw in last 3 years, even parking the trust issues over how he's handled the sale and events since.

I’m sure that Potter or Curt could recommend a decent DoF.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Genuine Question About The Board... on 10:38 - Aug 12 with 1040 viewsEasternJack

Genuine Question About The Board... on 09:56 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

Dr Winston can't disagree but I can as it's the total opposite. Good try though.

Its the Americans that have taken a back seat and Jenkins has been allowed to make the big decision in bringing in Potter.

They still sign off the cheques, or lack of them, but they've had their wings clipped so they are watching on as Potter gets on with his business.

As for the OP, of course you are right. The only chance we have is to allow us to regroup and do the things that worked for us in the first place - and that means the Americans less involved, not more.

As for the fans, they're as fickle as they come. A few wins and top by Christmas and nobody will be mentioning Jenkins and Co.

Let's just keep on going like we are now but we do need to strengthen. The quality gap in this league is huge. It's a welcome relief really watching teams poor touches or faffing around when last season they would have been in the back of the net. But, they were on the ball far too much for my liking and our youngsters couldn't get a proper grip on the game yesterday.

We need more signings. And they need to be signings that will challenge for the first XI. Genuinely think this is a big chance for us this season.

Fair enough. One question though...

Do you really believe that the Ayew’s, Bony, Baston, Sanchez, Clucas, Mesa and even Palooschi deals were scouted, recommended and negotiated by the Americans and not HJ? Because these are the deals that have financially killed us.

I make it almost €100M in fees alone for the above with us only recouping around €20M in fees for the same with Bony as the only potential remaining asset - although we could get another €5-15M at best for the Ayew’s once their loans are done (these numbers are v rough).

I think most would find it credible that HJ was the driving factor behind the above. The Americans seem to suggest so - although they would say that.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Genuine Question About The Board... on 10:47 - Aug 12 with 1027 viewsawayjack

Genuine Question About The Board... on 10:26 - Aug 12 by longlostjack

I’m sure that Potter or Curt could recommend a decent DoF.

Yup. Also much is made of managerial appointments and Potter looks like a good one. Still can't ignore he's the 7th manager in 3 or so years and when our stock was very high Huw turned down several outstanding managers for likes of Monk, Bradley and Clement.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 10:52 - Aug 12 with 1018 viewsSwan91

Genuine Question About The Board... on 10:38 - Aug 12 by EasternJack

Do you really believe that the Ayew’s, Bony, Baston, Sanchez, Clucas, Mesa and even Palooschi deals were scouted, recommended and negotiated by the Americans and not HJ? Because these are the deals that have financially killed us.

I make it almost €100M in fees alone for the above with us only recouping around €20M in fees for the same with Bony as the only potential remaining asset - although we could get another €5-15M at best for the Ayew’s once their loans are done (these numbers are v rough).

I think most would find it credible that HJ was the driving factor behind the above. The Americans seem to suggest so - although they would say that.

I think Mesa was meant to be that Moneyball guys reccomendation right?? I am sure I read that he was found because of the moneyball guy the americans brought in.

Sanches I would say was Clement's... he said he was on the phone to the Bayern manager and cheekily asked is Renato was available.. and he said yes.

the others though I believe to be from HJ's part.

with Renato Sanches... I don't really blame the board for that.. I think if any manager at that time offered renato to them.. 99 percent would take it. But it was shocking how it ended up.. it was one of those perfect on paper signings. I remember everyone saying that he was one of the best trasfer businesses (until people actually saw him play).
Genuine Question About The Board... on 10:52 - Aug 12 with 1017 viewsItchySphincter

Then squad is not as paper thin as some would have you believe but there are three key positions that look worryingly weak. To say that we have sufficient numbers at centre half, central midfield and upfront is not true and basically wee're one injury away from spinal damage.

The club had gained a lot of goodwill from supporters over the last few weeks with fans genuinely excited by Potter and the likes of Celina and Mackay but they shot themselves spectacularly in the foot on deadline day by pulling a Gylfi with 4/5's of our centre backs.

Fans can accept honesty and even be positive about the brutality of the hatchet job on deadline day but it happened the wrong way around - if Pearlman had have done an interview before deadline day saying we're up shitcreek it could have been a rallying call to get behind the manager and players and to come out fighting but instead they dangled Woods in front of us whilst planning to rip the heart out of our defence.

It's all about spin and they just continue to drop one boIIock after another.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Genuine Question About The Board... on 10:56 - Aug 12 with 1002 viewsTheResurrection

Genuine Question About The Board... on 10:38 - Aug 12 by EasternJack

ok,

Ayew’s - Andre the first time around was a lazy signing which the club felt was a bit of a coup because he was on a free. Worked out alright i think overall.

Jordan had a stormer against us when we beat them up there 2-1 and was available cheap last January. That was a very good signing.

Andre the second time was because we couldn't get anyone we wanted and we gambled massively. Club signing, not Jenkins. Carlos approved it.

Bony, the more i think about this one i do perhaps subscribe to the conspiracy theory that him suing us had something to do with it. I also think the club thought he'd get a few. I did, and in fairness he did pretty well when he played.

Baston had scored heavily for Eibar and again, a lazy recruit from what was by then a failing scouting system which has now been replaced. I would say this was Leadbitter and then sanctioned by the manager, was that Guideline at the time, I think so?

Sanchez was Clement FFS

Clucas and Mesa were both 100% Dan Altman who has also now been marginalised.

And Palooschi was Guidolin who'd worked with him before. A poor recruit in my opinion.

The Americans played a part in some of them but their big mistakes was Siggy, not sacking Clement and of course Bradley.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Genuine Question About The Board... on 11:56 - Aug 12 with 949 viewsawayjack

Genuine Question About The Board... on 10:52 - Aug 12 by ItchySphincter

Then squad is not as paper thin as some would have you believe but there are three key positions that look worryingly weak. To say that we have sufficient numbers at centre half, central midfield and upfront is not true and basically wee're one injury away from spinal damage.

The club had gained a lot of goodwill from supporters over the last few weeks with fans genuinely excited by Potter and the likes of Celina and Mackay but they shot themselves spectacularly in the foot on deadline day by pulling a Gylfi with 4/5's of our centre backs.

Fans can accept honesty and even be positive about the brutality of the hatchet job on deadline day but it happened the wrong way around - if Pearlman had have done an interview before deadline day saying we're up shitcreek it could have been a rallying call to get behind the manager and players and to come out fighting but instead they dangled Woods in front of us whilst planning to rip the heart out of our defence.

It's all about spin and they just continue to drop one boIIock after another.

Agree with this. They must have been aware of situation but usual soundbites give mileage to stories there was no relegation plan last May. If they'd have managed expectations early, make necessary changes - including Board - to support 'new culture' and fans would be more supportive.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 12:07 - Aug 12 with 942 viewsAngelRangelQS

Firstly, I think Jenkins has to go. He’s one of the few poisonous elements left in the club and he’s made too many mistakes over the years to justify being kept on. If the statement the Americans put out is true then Jenkins has played his part in leaving us in a lot of trouble.

However, this summer had to happen this way for a number of reasons. Firstly, financial. We’ve made all these losses on players, have had our budget cut by around 50% so we had to shift players.

Secondly, the players who have gone couldn’t wait to leave as soon as relegation was confirmed - good riddance to the lot of them. Having an Ayew or Clucas around would really have impacted upon the unity Potter is creating.

Thirdly, a clean slate is needed whereby the players tainted by relegation and the last couple of years go which increases the positivity around the stadium and towards the team.

I know we are a few players short but this is a long term game again now. The club aren’t talking about promotion this year as they clearly think it’s unrealistic. If we have to muddle through until January to get the right players then so be it. It’s preferable to signing another Clucas or Andre Ayew because we are desperate.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 12:08 - Aug 12 with 936 viewsBadlands

The OP assumes we all want Jenkins and the Americans out!!
Do people still think there is some £billionaire out there who wants to give Swansea City £hundreds of millions?
Or a benefactor who will 'give us our club back'? Whatever that means.
We went though the leagues on a shoe sting but doing our own thing. Once Monk took over we succumbed to the stereotype English League team and had to pay stupid money for second rate players who couldn't play possession football and weren't brutal enough to be Stoke.

Yesterday showed we need a few more players and a couple who will be top notch at this level.
But IMO we are pretty much back to where we were under Martinez. Young, cheap and entertaining.

What was even more interesting yesterday was when we were playing possession football, taking the ball across the pith, going back to come forward and playing out from the back a large section of the crowd were moaning.
Are these people confusing Swansea of old (when we were getting crowds of 12,000 with what they used to see on highlights programmes?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Genuine Question About The Board... on 21:18 - Aug 12 with 843 viewsSwan91

Genuine Question About The Board... on 12:08 - Aug 12 by Badlands

The OP assumes we all want Jenkins and the Americans out!!
Do people still think there is some £billionaire out there who wants to give Swansea City £hundreds of millions?
Or a benefactor who will 'give us our club back'? Whatever that means.
We went though the leagues on a shoe sting but doing our own thing. Once Monk took over we succumbed to the stereotype English League team and had to pay stupid money for second rate players who couldn't play possession football and weren't brutal enough to be Stoke.

Yesterday showed we need a few more players and a couple who will be top notch at this level.
But IMO we are pretty much back to where we were under Martinez. Young, cheap and entertaining.

What was even more interesting yesterday was when we were playing possession football, taking the ball across the pith, going back to come forward and playing out from the back a large section of the crowd were moaning.
Are these people confusing Swansea of old (when we were getting crowds of 12,000 with what they used to see on highlights programmes?

I don't assume everyone wants them out, but I beiieve a large majority do.. so wanted to disscuss it with everyone on here... even if you don't want them out.. you can still comment your views on here. in fact I welcome it, gives balance to the conversation.
Genuine Question About The Board... on 00:20 - Aug 13 with 805 viewsomarjack

Genuine Question About The Board... on 10:56 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

ok,

Ayew’s - Andre the first time around was a lazy signing which the club felt was a bit of a coup because he was on a free. Worked out alright i think overall.

Jordan had a stormer against us when we beat them up there 2-1 and was available cheap last January. That was a very good signing.

Andre the second time was because we couldn't get anyone we wanted and we gambled massively. Club signing, not Jenkins. Carlos approved it.

Bony, the more i think about this one i do perhaps subscribe to the conspiracy theory that him suing us had something to do with it. I also think the club thought he'd get a few. I did, and in fairness he did pretty well when he played.

Baston had scored heavily for Eibar and again, a lazy recruit from what was by then a failing scouting system which has now been replaced. I would say this was Leadbitter and then sanctioned by the manager, was that Guideline at the time, I think so?

Sanchez was Clement FFS

Clucas and Mesa were both 100% Dan Altman who has also now been marginalised.

And Palooschi was Guidolin who'd worked with him before. A poor recruit in my opinion.

The Americans played a part in some of them but their big mistakes was Siggy, not sacking Clement and of course Bradley.

I've always wondered, You always point fingers at everybody but the person who's actually supposed to be responsible.

Sure..it's the players fault..the managers and their scouts brought poor players..Sometimes it's the Americans (although that's a legitimate complaint) and the most funny one..The fans' fault for being too negative.

Sometimes it's the physios. Sometimes it's the nature of the PL..Sometimes it's luck..sometimes it's the bloody weather or poor referee decisions etc etc etc..you make up excuse after excuse so you won't mention his name. As if you're either on his payroll, or you're related or you have a crush on the guy.

Huw Jenkins is a c*nt and he's the main cause of our woes as a club. It's time for you to deal with it.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Genuine Question About The Board... on 01:20 - Aug 13 with 785 viewsGroo

Genuine Question About The Board... on 08:22 - Aug 12 by jackal

We are all glad to see young players, especially local lads, coming along.

But we must get experienced Championship players in.

Yesterday, I thought Preston were poor. But they had us on the ropes for the last 20 or so minutes. Leroy brought some stability when it was most needed,

We have 19 days to bring in 4/5 players. If we can we will be challenging for promotion. But my faith in the board is not great. We are desperate and anyone doing business with us knows it.

Preston had us on the ropes the last 20 minutes!!! try the last 45 minutes, i.e. the whole of the second half.

Groo does what Groo does best

Genuine Question About The Board... on 02:25 - Aug 13 with 756 viewsE20Jack

Genuine Question About The Board... on 07:58 - Aug 12 by jack247

‘They have made a few mistakes’ is a bit of an understatement

Bob Bradley
Signing/allowing Jenkins to sign the likes of Borja, Andre, Tabannou, Clucas, Bony for the prices we paid for them
Not getting Rodgers back when it seemed there was a good chance (I’ll admit I was happy with Guidolin at the time). They shafted him anyway.
Having no plan in place for relegation and having to resort to a firesale, even though we’d been circling the plug hole for 2 seasons.

Running the club within it’s means is the right thing, but if you’re not going to invest, you can’t afford to be so wasteful in the transfer market.

Bradley/Rodgers was can be bracketed in the same mistake. They wanted their man in place, Jenkins wanted his - and they backed themselves instead, not a good period for them in the managerial stakes. Clearly they have taken a step back from that since.

I don't believe it was their fault regarding Borja et al. They backed their scouting team and it didn't work out. Also not having a plan in place is something I don't really subscribe to. The plan was they would carry the bulk of monies in playing assets and sell them if they go down.

In terms of their mistakes, for me it was Bradley for one and their dismissing of fans/Trust views creating a negative atmosphere as the other.

The problem with wanting them out for that is it allows new owners to come in and make exactly the same mistakes all over again.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Genuine Question About The Board... on 03:32 - Aug 13 with 737 viewsmajorraglan

Genuine Question About The Board... on 02:25 - Aug 13 by E20Jack

Bradley/Rodgers was can be bracketed in the same mistake. They wanted their man in place, Jenkins wanted his - and they backed themselves instead, not a good period for them in the managerial stakes. Clearly they have taken a step back from that since.

I don't believe it was their fault regarding Borja et al. They backed their scouting team and it didn't work out. Also not having a plan in place is something I don't really subscribe to. The plan was they would carry the bulk of monies in playing assets and sell them if they go down.

In terms of their mistakes, for me it was Bradley for one and their dismissing of fans/Trust views creating a negative atmosphere as the other.

The problem with wanting them out for that is it allows new owners to come in and make exactly the same mistakes all over again.

I see the appointment of B.B. the same way, one of the biggest sports markets in the world is the US and what better way of increasing the brand out there than appointing an American manager who had achieved success with the national team? If it had worked out, media exposure and merchandising sales would have gone through the roof! I suspect that this decision, and maybe a few others caught them out and may have increased their reliance on HJ.

I seem to recall reading an article re the way some aspects of recruiting had changed to an agent based focus, where the agents were actually approaching clubs re prospective transfers. Some of the transfer business has been shocking and a lot of money has gone down the pan, for a club of Swansea’s means that is a disaster. It is easier to develop players for the Championship than the PL, but some of the youngsters purchased for the academy and as work in progress have been decent business and will hopefully get even better as they gain experience and mature. I think the board have to take responsibility for the transfers, potentially losing £10m on Clucas is a disaster.

I think the issues with the Trust have really had a negative effect and this may get worse going forward if a resolution to the sharesale cannot be found and litigation commences. Getting the fans on board is key, get their hearts and the wallets will open. How many people on here are stating they won’t spend money at the club now?

If it hasn’t already learned the lessons of the past, then they need to make sure they do pdq.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024