Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Wales Raiders Rugby League team 16:12 - Aug 12 with 2459 viewsdickythorpe

Stuffed at home 130-0 by York.

Playing in Llanelli now after being called South Wales Scorpions.

I had no idea they existed.
West Wales Raiders Rugby League team on 16:23 - Aug 12 with 2437 viewsJonathans_coat

The experiment had potential at Bridgend (as Bridgend and the valleys have been disenfranchised by regional rugby), but as soon as it moved to Wrexham it seemed doomed to fail.
West Wales Raiders Rugby League team on 17:50 - Aug 12 with 2360 viewsdickythorpe

Bridgend tried in the early 80's and failed. The Celtic Crusaders was a catastrophic failure.
No interest here. No proper base and weak player base, many of which are union converts or those that aren't good enough for the level they thought they would get to at union.
West Wales Raiders Rugby League team on 18:02 - Aug 12 with 2348 viewsbryncochjack

West Wales Raiders Rugby League team on 16:23 - Aug 12 by Jonathans_coat

The experiment had potential at Bridgend (as Bridgend and the valleys have been disenfranchised by regional rugby), but as soon as it moved to Wrexham it seemed doomed to fail.

So how exactly have Bridgend been disenfranchised? Ospreys play there regularly. Leighton Samuels was not up to the task of running a region.
West Wales Raiders Rugby League team on 18:03 - Aug 12 with 2345 viewsLohengrin

West Wales Raiders Rugby League team on 17:50 - Aug 12 by dickythorpe

Bridgend tried in the early 80's and failed. The Celtic Crusaders was a catastrophic failure.
No interest here. No proper base and weak player base, many of which are union converts or those that aren't good enough for the level they thought they would get to at union.

I can remember going up to watch the Blue Dragons play at Ninian Park a few times. I’d guess that would have had to have been around the ‘80/81 mark?

They had a lot of ‘names’ at the time in the twilight of their playing careers. Steve Fenwick, Tommy David, Brynmor Williams, Dai Watkins etc.. The crowds weren’t too bad to begin with, as I recall, but there wasn’t really much in the way of new talent coming through behind the old boys. It was never going to be able to compete with union but it was fun for a while.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

West Wales Raiders Rugby League team on 19:00 - Aug 12 with 2291 viewsphact0rri

I do wish there was a better answer than the regional rugby set up. But l'm not sure if there is, if we want professional rugby with television contracts and the like, there is little choice.

Though of course I don't know the particulars but I would like to know how much dosh Pro14 brings to our grassroots and welsh leagues.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

West Wales Raiders Rugby League team on 19:58 - Apr 18 with 1855 viewsdeepdale81

I have only just found out about the west wales raiders myself.
It looks like they are improving and have a long term strategy,with an a new experienced aussie coach.I think I might go down to stebonheath to check them out. I mean they are in league one ,two down from the superleague .
There is an un19 wales v ireland International 17th may.after all it is a summer sport and we dont get much of that around here.
Here is a link https://www.raidersrugbyleague.co.uk/
West Wales Raiders Rugby League team on 22:06 - Apr 18 with 1801 viewsmajorraglan

I am pretty sure the South Wales Steelers played at the Talbot Athletic Ground going back about 20 years, there’s also been a team playing at the Gnoll. Rugby League isn’t a bad game, it’s just never really taken off down here.
West Wales Raiders Rugby League team on 22:57 - Apr 18 with 1759 viewsbuilthjack

North Wales Crusaders are in the same league.
Good game is rugby league. Might pop and take a look in June.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

West Wales Raiders Rugby League team on 23:34 - Apr 18 with 1735 viewslonglostjack

West Wales Raiders Rugby League team on 22:57 - Apr 18 by builthjack

North Wales Crusaders are in the same league.
Good game is rugby league. Might pop and take a look in June.

I always used to prefer a scrum to a chicken scratch but not much difference now - whatever happened to the crooked throw in? Guess work who’s collapsing it too. More exciting running from the backs in League. On balance still prefer Union but it’s nowhere near as attractive as it used to be. Don’t suppose the Baa Baas are playing at St. Helens next Monday either.
Happy Easter YJBs
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 23:42]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

West Wales Raiders Rugby League team on 06:27 - Apr 19 with 1684 viewsdickythorpe

Easter Monday at St. Helens was a fantastic occasion. Some of the world's best there , and of course the Baa Baas were half decent
West Wales Raiders Rugby League team on 20:47 - Mar 17 with 1081 viewsdeepdale81

Gavin Henson is playing for them on sunday against Widnes in the .It is available to watch on bbc Iplayer 12.45 kick off.
West Wales Raiders Rugby League team on 21:10 - Mar 17 with 1062 viewsFireboy2

Yes it is and I will be supporting my team from afar, a team I've supported for over 33 years, not as long as the swans though.

Already purchased a season ticket, hopefully I will watching them I've before watching the swans live.
West Wales Raiders Rugby League team on 10:19 - Mar 18 with 995 viewsonehunglow

League is a great game much maligned unfairly.
Skills are different obviously but fitness levels ,I would suggest,far higher. No hiding place either for full backs by lumping the ball hopefully in the air and hoping for the best.
Lads in south Wales do not play both codes ,in the north they can and do.

There is well over 120 years of contempt and hatred shown from Rugby Union to the League game,which was and is a working class game.One of the oddities of port is why Wales took up such a middle class games born on the public schools much detested .

I enjoy both

I am lucky enough to have seen John,Bennett,Edwards,Gerald,JPR,Shane in their prime.

I have also seen Maninga,Hanley,Offiah,Lydon,Connolly,Edwards and several Australian touring sides-who are on another stratosphere.

Ive been lucky indeed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024