Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irresponsible cyclists... 17:34 - Aug 12 with 24512 viewsSwanjaxs

Walking my dogs down to Singleton Park this morning and coming towards me on bikes were a father and daughter (about five or six year old) just outside Tesco Express by the bus stop the daughter had a bit of a wobble lost control and fell off her bike, no harm done as they were going uphill and at low speed, she got up straight away, now here's the thing, neither had helmets on, so being a safety conscious type of a bloke i stopped and suggested he put a helmet on his daughter even if he was stupid enough not to, he told me to fùck off and mind my own business.... In my opinion the sooner compulsory wearing of safety helmets for cyclists comes in by law the better! I'll get off my soapbox now 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:47 - Aug 12 with 1380 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:44 - Aug 12 by raynor94

Certainly not on a pavement with pedestrians on it, it was 9 .30 and busy, so you condone her doing that? Have you passed your cycling proficiency test?

Never mind a proficiency test, an IQ test would be a Getgo for this plum 🤔

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:50 - Aug 12 with 1370 viewsAndy1300

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:17 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

They weren't on the pavement mate, they were on the highway, ok it was 7am and the road was quite, but the question remains... do you think it's a good idea to ride a bike without head protection?

You said you were 'walking down singleton park" so they would have been on a footpath through the park and not a road.

Did you mean you were 'walking down TO Singleton Park'?

There is a difference, then they could have been on the road.

Number 1 team in Wales

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:51 - Aug 12 with 1360 viewsAndy1300

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:47 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

Never mind a proficiency test, an IQ test would be a Getgo for this plum 🤔

You should give up now, you are coming across as thick, Cant come up with factual replies just biased nonsense.

Number 1 team in Wales

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:52 - Aug 12 with 1360 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:46 - Aug 12 by Andy1300

On the contrary, it's clearly you 2 that need educating.

Drivers are on the road by licence.

Drivers pay insurance based on risk hence the rising scale and varying costs based on age and vehicle type.

Cyclists are such a low risk that insurers deem it unnecessary to have it made compulsory.

Why has no Govt introduced this?

And yes, I suggest my kids and grandchildren wear a helmet on a bike.

Good for you 👍 I'll ask you one more time before I get bored with you shall I? ..... do you think... that... wearing protective headgear .... should be brought in... for bike riders/cyclists..... on safety grounds? ... I broke the question down to make it easier for you to understand 👍 YES OR NO 👍
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 20:02]

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:53 - Aug 12 with 1349 viewsAndy1300

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:52 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

Good for you 👍 I'll ask you one more time before I get bored with you shall I? ..... do you think... that... wearing protective headgear .... should be brought in... for bike riders/cyclists..... on safety grounds? ... I broke the question down to make it easier for you to understand 👍 YES OR NO 👍
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 20:02]

I will break it down for you too

IT IS UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL, LOOK AT hOLLAND

Number 1 team in Wales

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:54 - Aug 12 with 1337 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:50 - Aug 12 by Andy1300

You said you were 'walking down singleton park" so they would have been on a footpath through the park and not a road.

For fuk sake mun! I was walking down to Singleton Park on the pavement... they were cycling on the road! How fàckin many times ffs! .... never mind just fack off yea👍

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:56 - Aug 12 with 1320 viewsraynor94

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:50 - Aug 12 by Andy1300

If you read his op, he said he was outside Tesco express on his way to Singleton park, don't let your bias cloud your judgment

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:58 - Aug 12 with 1311 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:56 - Aug 12 by raynor94

If you read his op, he said he was outside Tesco express on his way to Singleton park, don't let your bias cloud your judgment

Give it up Rayns, I have, he's either pìssed or on some type of mind bending drugs 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:01 - Aug 12 with 1292 viewsangryjack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:58 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

Give it up Rayns, I have, he's either pìssed or on some type of mind bending drugs 😎

He's a cyclepath (psycopayh)
Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:16 - Aug 12 with 1256 viewsexiledclaseboy

At the very least it’s massively irresponsible to not make your child wear a helmet.

The Netherlands example doesn’t work. The entire country and its infrastructure is geared up for cycling and prioritising cyclists and their safety because it’s so widespread there.

Poll: Tory leader

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:23 - Aug 12 with 1243 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:16 - Aug 12 by exiledclaseboy

At the very least it’s massively irresponsible to not make your child wear a helmet.

The Netherlands example doesn’t work. The entire country and its infrastructure is geared up for cycling and prioritising cyclists and their safety because it’s so widespread there.

The correct answer! ... I think Andy has been overdoing the pre pay cycles in Amsterdam by the sounds of it 🔥

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:26 - Aug 12 with 1238 viewsbuilthjack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:07 - Aug 12 by Andy1300

Oh dear oh dear, there is so much wrong with your reply.

.... I suggest you educate yourself about how roads are funded.

Come back and apologise for your ignorance when you have done so.

What about all the cars on the road these days that are 'Zero rated' for VED?

As for insurance, most cyclists are covered on their home contents insurance, some also have private insurance, myself being one of them, others have it for being members of British Cycling.

May I put it to you that the father and daughter were just riding bikes and not your average cyclist.

As for helmets, take a look at the Netherlands, most cycles in Europe, not compulsory to wear helmets and least fatalities in Europe.

Don't even go there on the red lights...... even though its against the law to jump a red light, it doesn't stop drivers doing it. The consequences of vehicles jumping lights are far worse than if a cyclist did it.

The problem these days is that people overlook irresponsible driving because its so common.

I am not in the argument.
But I have spent a lot of time in Holland.
There are cycle paths absolutely everywhere, and most have insurance.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:32 - Aug 12 with 1231 viewsJack11

Anyone seen that looney round town who has one kid in a seat at the same height as him and the other kid in a trailer behind that looks like a little Wendy house on wheels? Riding on the road too. Mental doesn’t do it justice.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:33 - Aug 12 with 1226 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:26 - Aug 12 by builthjack

I am not in the argument.
But I have spent a lot of time in Holland.
There are cycle paths absolutely everywhere, and most have insurance.

I'm not ant-cyclists at all, in fact we need more cycle paths, but even on well regulated cycle paths the need for head protection (and elbow/knee) is common sense surely? When your on two wheels your vulnerable to all sorts of unexpected scenarios, just think a lot of cyclist don't wear headgear for pure vanity reasons 🤔

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:38 - Aug 12 with 1215 viewsJackfath

Elbow/knee

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:41 - Aug 12 with 1210 viewsHighjack

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:42 - Aug 12 with 1204 viewsJackfath

All cyclists should wear bubble wrap suits instead of lycra.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:45 - Aug 12 with 1201 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:38 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

Elbow/knee

Have you ever banged your elbow? We are talking about children's safety here teacher boy.... anyway how's your sausage addiction going?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:46 - Aug 12 with 1192 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:30 - Aug 12 by angryjack

I hate cyclists shouldn't be allowed on roads don't pay insurance or tax,,Iff the hit your wing mirror or damage your car in any way they got no insurance and no plate to take details...but they're the first ones to shout a ND mouth off thinking they own the road

What tax do you pay ?
Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:46 - Aug 12 with 1194 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:45 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

Have you ever banged your elbow? We are talking about children's safety here teacher boy.... anyway how's your sausage addiction going?

You're being serious?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:47 - Aug 12 with 1191 viewsexiledclaseboy

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:46 - Aug 12 by peenemunde

What tax do you pay ?

Vehicle excise duty?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:49 - Aug 12 with 1181 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:46 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

You're being serious?

Yes I am, you can't take health and safety serious enough in my opinion... why you ask?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:50 - Aug 12 with 1176 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:16 - Aug 12 by exiledclaseboy

Nonsense. Stop just for one min being a snowflake.
The compulsory wearing of helmets would cost more lives in the long term.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:54 - Aug 12 with 1166 viewsexiledclaseboy

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:50 - Aug 12 by peenemunde

Nonsense. Stop just for one min being a snowflake.
The compulsory wearing of helmets would cost more lives in the long term.

I didn’t say the wearing of helmets should be compulsory.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:56 - Aug 12 with 1161 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:49 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

Yes I am, you can't take health and safety serious enough in my opinion... why you ask?

Because it's a ridiculous suggestion, hence my laughter.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024