Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irresponsible cyclists... 17:34 - Aug 12 with 24878 viewsSwanjaxs

Walking my dogs down to Singleton Park this morning and coming towards me on bikes were a father and daughter (about five or six year old) just outside Tesco Express by the bus stop the daughter had a bit of a wobble lost control and fell off her bike, no harm done as they were going uphill and at low speed, she got up straight away, now here's the thing, neither had helmets on, so being a safety conscious type of a bloke i stopped and suggested he put a helmet on his daughter even if he was stupid enough not to, he told me to fùck off and mind my own business.... In my opinion the sooner compulsory wearing of safety helmets for cyclists comes in by law the better! I'll get off my soapbox now 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:56 - Aug 12 with 1166 viewsbuilthjack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:50 - Aug 12 by peenemunde

Nonsense. Stop just for one min being a snowflake.
The compulsory wearing of helmets would cost more lives in the long term.

Why?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:57 - Aug 12 with 1147 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:33 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

I'm not ant-cyclists at all, in fact we need more cycle paths, but even on well regulated cycle paths the need for head protection (and elbow/knee) is common sense surely? When your on two wheels your vulnerable to all sorts of unexpected scenarios, just think a lot of cyclist don't wear headgear for pure vanity reasons 🤔

If you are that worried about people’s health & safety, start having a go at smokers, drinkers, druggies and leave the cyclist alone.

Another clueless idiot.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:57 - Aug 12 with 1157 viewsjack2jack

What I don't understand, about all this is that the kiddie wasn't wearing a helmet as a matter of course, as a responsible parent id get them one.
In fact when my daughter was learning to ride horses, she was kitted out like a phuckin Storm Trouper.👍
Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:58 - Aug 12 with 1152 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:57 - Aug 12 by jack2jack

What I don't understand, about all this is that the kiddie wasn't wearing a helmet as a matter of course, as a responsible parent id get them one.
In fact when my daughter was learning to ride horses, she was kitted out like a phuckin Storm Trouper.👍

The child was riding a bike, not a horse.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:59 - Aug 12 with 1151 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:56 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

Because it's a ridiculous suggestion, hence my laughter.

Please explain?
And can I add that you should post more on this site in my opinion because you always add something... fire away 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:01 - Aug 12 with 1149 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:59 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

Please explain?
And can I add that you should post more on this site in my opinion because you always add something... fire away 👍

No. You're ok.

How was your walk.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:01 - Aug 12 with 1148 viewsPacemaker

I have ridden bikes all my life both off road and on road, personally I wear a helmet and my children have always worn helmets. However to tarnish all cyclists by the actions of this rude man is a bit unfair.

The majority of cyclists have insurance cover of some sort, indeed the majority of road and off road cyclists have bikes and equipment worth significant sums of money.

The reality is that there are all types of idiots on the road using various modes of transport, I believe by cycling to work I am doing my bit for the environment, less wear and tear of our over used roads, the NHS, freeing a car parking space and allow traffic to flow easier by having one less single occupancy car on the road. In return I feel a bit better both mentally and physically. I pay quite a lot of tax of various kinds so feel that I pay for more than my fair share of road maintenance.

I try not to upset anyone but as you can see on this topic there are a lot of very angry people out there. Get on your bikes and ride guys it's good for you.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:01 - Aug 12 with 1148 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:58 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

Bolloxs! Doesn't matter, she was put in a vulnerable position on a highway... come on mate you should know better

Login to get fewer ads

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:04 - Aug 12 with 1133 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:01 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

Bolloxs! Doesn't matter, she was put in a vulnerable position on a highway... come on mate you should know better

Don't preach to me.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:06 - Aug 12 with 1128 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:01 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

No. You're ok.

How was your walk.

Very good thank you, one of my dogs has a touch of colitis still so plenty of poo bags being used, Singleton Park is starting to recover now after the concert and weeks of dry weather, definitely one of Swansea's crown jewels

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:06 - Aug 12 with 1126 viewsjack2jack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:58 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

That's a fair point, but my point was being a responsible parent and the safety of your child.😀
Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:06 - Aug 12 with 1126 viewsFlashberryjack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:01 - Aug 12 by Pacemaker

I have ridden bikes all my life both off road and on road, personally I wear a helmet and my children have always worn helmets. However to tarnish all cyclists by the actions of this rude man is a bit unfair.

The majority of cyclists have insurance cover of some sort, indeed the majority of road and off road cyclists have bikes and equipment worth significant sums of money.

The reality is that there are all types of idiots on the road using various modes of transport, I believe by cycling to work I am doing my bit for the environment, less wear and tear of our over used roads, the NHS, freeing a car parking space and allow traffic to flow easier by having one less single occupancy car on the road. In return I feel a bit better both mentally and physically. I pay quite a lot of tax of various kinds so feel that I pay for more than my fair share of road maintenance.

I try not to upset anyone but as you can see on this topic there are a lot of very angry people out there. Get on your bikes and ride guys it's good for you.

"The majority of cyclists have insurance cover"

They all should have insurance, and pay some sort of road tax.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:07 - Aug 12 with 1125 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:06 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

Very good thank you, one of my dogs has a touch of colitis still so plenty of poo bags being used, Singleton Park is starting to recover now after the concert and weeks of dry weather, definitely one of Swansea's crown jewels

Do you have your dog on a lead in the park?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:07 - Aug 12 with 1121 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:04 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

Don't preach to me.

Not preaching mate, just putting my point across... I'm an atheist don't you know... live and let live and all that 👍😎

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:12 - Aug 12 with 1104 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:07 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

Do you have your dog on a lead in the park?

No I don't, very friendly they are, you should see the filth that people partying in the park left last night though, beer bottles and condoms left everywhere, I have photographic evidence that has whisked it's way to the parks and leisure department via email too...
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 21:13]

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:14 - Aug 12 with 1091 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:12 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

No I don't, very friendly they are, you should see the filth that people partying in the park left last night though, beer bottles and condoms left everywhere, I have photographic evidence that has whisked it's way to the parks and leisure department via email too...

Do you say "oh don't worry, he's being friendly" as your dog bounds over to young children?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:14 - Aug 12 with 1081 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:56 - Aug 12 by builthjack

Why?

Have a read on what the BMA has to say on the matter 👍
Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:16 - Aug 12 with 1079 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:14 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

Do you say "oh don't worry, he's being friendly" as your dog bounds over to young children?

Ahhh see you assume again 😂 my dogs are obedient and come back on recall every single time, without fail, it pays to train well see boyo

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:16 - Aug 12 with 1072 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:06 - Aug 12 by Flashberryjack

No one has paid road tax in this country since the 1930’s 👍
Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:19 - Aug 12 with 1061 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:12 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

You are having a go at cyclists and don’t have your dogs on leads.....you couldn’t make it up.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:20 - Aug 12 with 1065 viewsPacemaker

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:06 - Aug 12 by Flashberryjack

Why?

Do pedestrians?

Do Horse riders?

What about skaters/ skateboarders?

All the above use the road in some way, what about bridleways or footpaths?

Road tax has nothing to do with roads, it is vehicle excise duty for motorised vehicles.

How much do I get back for riding 44 miles a day commuting?

I am not using a motorised vehicle and emitting those nasty fumes to poison all those people just minding their own business,

I am doing a service to society and you nasty motorists are trying to destroy the roads with your very heavy (but often empty vehicles ) and poison all the little children and fluffy animals with your noxious fumes.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:24 - Aug 12 with 1046 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:16 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

Ahhh see you assume again 😂 my dogs are obedient and come back on recall every single time, without fail, it pays to train well see boyo

What have I assumed? I asked a question.

You're having a mare.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:27 - Aug 12 with 1042 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:06 - Aug 12 by jack2jack

That's a fair point, but my point was being a responsible parent and the safety of your child.😀

You'd think someone, who by all accounts, is a responsible figure in society would preach a different view my friend... obviously not

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:30 - Aug 12 with 1035 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:24 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

What have I assumed? I asked a question.

You're having a mare.

Am I really? Stick to chatting shìt about sausage casseroles, I'm out of your leauge 😉

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:36 - Aug 12 with 1011 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:56 - Aug 12 by Jackfath

Because it's a ridiculous suggestion, hence my laughter.

Zzzzzzzzzzz put the Prosecco down and go to bed sweetheart x

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024