Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irresponsible cyclists... 17:34 - Aug 12 with 24963 viewsSwanjaxs

Walking my dogs down to Singleton Park this morning and coming towards me on bikes were a father and daughter (about five or six year old) just outside Tesco Express by the bus stop the daughter had a bit of a wobble lost control and fell off her bike, no harm done as they were going uphill and at low speed, she got up straight away, now here's the thing, neither had helmets on, so being a safety conscious type of a bloke i stopped and suggested he put a helmet on his daughter even if he was stupid enough not to, he told me to fùck off and mind my own business.... In my opinion the sooner compulsory wearing of safety helmets for cyclists comes in by law the better! I'll get off my soapbox now 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:36 - Aug 12 with 1777 viewsjack2jack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:27 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

You'd think someone, who by all accounts, is a responsible figure in society would preach a different view my friend... obviously not

At least your in tune with my point.Its hard work on here sometimes.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:37 - Aug 12 with 1773 viewsJack11

What hasn’t been mentioned in this debate is there is a two fold standard for being on the road as a motorist. Firstly, everyone has passed a test, with the exception of learners. Secondly every motorised vehicle has passed a roadworthiness standard, except cars up to 3 years old. I’m not fussed about the tax or insurance argument used against cyclists, what I want though is for them to know the rules of the road and use them appropriately and for them to have to use a bike that is roadworthy.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:38 - Aug 12 with 1770 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:36 - Aug 12 by jack2jack

At least your in tune with my point.Its hard work on here sometimes.

Jokefath has been on the glug mate, you have to make allowances bless him 🤣

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:41 - Aug 12 with 1752 viewsjack2jack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:38 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

Jokefath has been on the glug mate, you have to make allowances bless him 🤣

His delivery is how can I say, unique, fair play.😀
Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:44 - Aug 12 with 1735 viewsbuilthjack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:14 - Aug 12 by peenemunde

Have a read on what the BMA has to say on the matter 👍

The internet thread that you looked up was dated.
More recently, the BMA support the wearing of cycle helmets.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:46 - Aug 12 with 1729 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:41 - Aug 12 by jack2jack

His delivery is how can I say, unique, fair play.😀

Some would say bizarre.... he's the Kenneth Williams of Planet Swans... OOOH EEERRR MATRONE 👍

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:47 - Aug 12 with 1723 viewsjack2jack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:46 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

Some would say bizarre.... he's the Kenneth Williams of Planet Swans... OOOH EEERRR MATRONE 👍

Carry on!😂
Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:54 - Aug 12 with 1704 viewsJack11

The legislation around bicycles needs addressing- these electric bikes can go fast. It won’t be long before we’re getting overtaken by shoreditch samurai’s off their nuts on skinny frothy latte’s and too many gourmet scotch eggs.
Login to get fewer ads

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:58 - Aug 12 with 1695 viewsjack2jack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:54 - Aug 12 by Jack11

The legislation around bicycles needs addressing- these electric bikes can go fast. It won’t be long before we’re getting overtaken by shoreditch samurai’s off their nuts on skinny frothy latte’s and too many gourmet scotch eggs.

Think how hot your Pizza will be though.👍
Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:02 - Aug 12 with 1687 viewsJack11

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:58 - Aug 12 by jack2jack

Think how hot your Pizza will be though.👍

True - don’t get me started on pizza delivery by the way. I must be in the wrong job! The guys working out of dominos near me have got brand new motors! What happened to the 12 year old Nissan Micras with every panel a different colour!?!
Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:03 - Aug 12 with 1683 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:44 - Aug 12 by builthjack

The internet thread that you looked up was dated.
More recently, the BMA support the wearing of cycle helmets.

No they don’t
Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:11 - Aug 12 with 1672 viewsjack2jack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:02 - Aug 12 by Jack11

True - don’t get me started on pizza delivery by the way. I must be in the wrong job! The guys working out of dominos near me have got brand new motors! What happened to the 12 year old Nissan Micras with every panel a different colour!?!

Blimey, they must be on a fair wedge!😉
Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:54 - Aug 12 with 1640 viewsbuilthjack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:03 - Aug 12 by peenemunde

No they don’t

Post 2013 they do

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 23:12 - Aug 12 with 1619 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:57 - Aug 12 by peenemunde

If you are that worried about people’s health & safety, start having a go at smokers, drinkers, druggies and leave the cyclist alone.

Another clueless idiot.

Oh please bore off will you, you really are a tiresome individual, stick to chatting gobshite on the football only site and leave intelligent debate to the non football alternative

Irresponsible cyclists... on 08:44 - Aug 13 with 1530 viewscsf

I don't think a great deal about the arguments listed in a ll the posts above. But I know this, my helmet kept me safe 8 years ago when I had a bad fall on my bike. Going through the lanes from Newton to Murton, I took a turn badly as a car came in the opposite direction, he stopped in time, but I stopped too quick!! I braked badly and went over the top, came down and my helmet took the brunt of the hit I understand, cracked the helemt, as well as my collar bone a rib and a wrist. I'd always advocate wearing a helemt.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 09:57 - Aug 13 with 1493 viewsBatterseajack

In response to the opening post...

I think i would have told you to fu(k off as well. No one asked for your opinion yet you, yet you stuck your nose into someone else business. The fact of the matter is, actual data from countries that have mandatory helmet use show now reduction in cases of head injury. You’re almost as likely to whack your head while falling in the street, but i suspect you don't walk around with a helmet right?

So yeh, i would have told you to F off if you approached me and my daughter in the street.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 10:00]
Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:04 - Aug 13 with 1486 viewsBatterseajack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:52 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

Good for you 👍 I'll ask you one more time before I get bored with you shall I? ..... do you think... that... wearing protective headgear .... should be brought in... for bike riders/cyclists..... on safety grounds? ... I broke the question down to make it easier for you to understand 👍 YES OR NO 👍
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 20:02]

NO
Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:07 - Aug 13 with 1488 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 09:57 - Aug 13 by Batterseajack

In response to the opening post...

I think i would have told you to fu(k off as well. No one asked for your opinion yet you, yet you stuck your nose into someone else business. The fact of the matter is, actual data from countries that have mandatory helmet use show now reduction in cases of head injury. You’re almost as likely to whack your head while falling in the street, but i suspect you don't walk around with a helmet right?

So yeh, i would have told you to F off if you approached me and my daughter in the street.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 10:00]

Your a twàt.... just my opinion 👍

Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:17 - Aug 13 with 1473 viewsBatterseajack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:07 - Aug 13 by Swanjaxs

Ouch
Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:18 - Aug 13 with 1471 viewspikeypaul

Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:07 - Aug 13 by Swanjaxs

The boring feck will be along shortly with a graph or spreadsheet to show how he is correct.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:27 - Aug 13 with 1465 viewsBatterseajack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:18 - Aug 13 by pikeypaul

The boring feck will be along shortly with a graph or spreadsheet to show how he is correct.

No Graphs this time, to keep it nice and simple for you.

I pinched this from Chris Boardmans article, who himself sells hemlemts...

About 110 people are killed each year while cycling on our roads, almost all of these resulting from a collision with a motor vehicle, where the protection offered by a cycling helmet is negligible.

At this point, we usually hear a cry of ‘If it saves one life it’s worth it’. Well, evidence tells us that where helmets have been made mandatory, cycling use drops significantly (30%-40% in Perth, Western Australia). Well, at least if they’re no longer riding, they’re not dying. Enter unintended consequences.

A recent study by the University of Glasgow showed that people who regularly commute by bike almost halve their chances of dying from heart disease and cancer compared to people who drive. In fact their chances of dying prematurely by any cause, drops by 41%. Let those numbers sink in.

In the UK 1 in 6 deaths - nearly 90,000 per year - is as a result of physical inactivity related disease including diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Clearly, any measure proven beyond doubt to reduce peoples likelihood to travel by bike, will almost certainly kill more people than it saves.

Long version here.

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/article/20171126-Chris-Boardman-0
Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:55 - Aug 13 with 1444 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:27 - Aug 13 by Batterseajack

No Graphs this time, to keep it nice and simple for you.

I pinched this from Chris Boardmans article, who himself sells hemlemts...

About 110 people are killed each year while cycling on our roads, almost all of these resulting from a collision with a motor vehicle, where the protection offered by a cycling helmet is negligible.

At this point, we usually hear a cry of ‘If it saves one life it’s worth it’. Well, evidence tells us that where helmets have been made mandatory, cycling use drops significantly (30%-40% in Perth, Western Australia). Well, at least if they’re no longer riding, they’re not dying. Enter unintended consequences.

A recent study by the University of Glasgow showed that people who regularly commute by bike almost halve their chances of dying from heart disease and cancer compared to people who drive. In fact their chances of dying prematurely by any cause, drops by 41%. Let those numbers sink in.

In the UK 1 in 6 deaths - nearly 90,000 per year - is as a result of physical inactivity related disease including diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Clearly, any measure proven beyond doubt to reduce peoples likelihood to travel by bike, will almost certainly kill more people than it saves.

Long version here.

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/article/20171126-Chris-Boardman-0

So you think it's a good idea not to put a safety helmet on a young child on a bike then? Think carefully before you post brainiac...

Irresponsible cyclists... on 13:08 - Aug 13 with 1406 viewsBatterseajack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:55 - Aug 13 by Swanjaxs

So you think it's a good idea not to put a safety helmet on a young child on a bike then? Think carefully before you post brainiac...

If there was a helmet available for the child, then yes i probably would. But if not, i wouldn't stop the child from riding a bike because of it.

Parents wrap their kids up in cotton wool too much these days over perceived risks that sometime just aren't there. The risk of head injury is barely higher than playing most other sports.

But i wouldn't accept any advice from some uninformed gobshite preaching to me off the street.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 13:11 - Aug 13 with 1399 viewsdickythorpe

Society is broken. No wonder no one is polite or courteous anymore.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 13:24 - Aug 13 with 1392 viewsHighjack

Looks like they are finally clamping down on the plague of maniacs riding around with no care for anybody else. 🐟

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45154708

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024