Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irresponsible cyclists... 17:34 - Aug 12 with 24502 viewsSwanjaxs

Walking my dogs down to Singleton Park this morning and coming towards me on bikes were a father and daughter (about five or six year old) just outside Tesco Express by the bus stop the daughter had a bit of a wobble lost control and fell off her bike, no harm done as they were going uphill and at low speed, she got up straight away, now here's the thing, neither had helmets on, so being a safety conscious type of a bloke i stopped and suggested he put a helmet on his daughter even if he was stupid enough not to, he told me to fùck off and mind my own business.... In my opinion the sooner compulsory wearing of safety helmets for cyclists comes in by law the better! I'll get off my soapbox now 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Irresponsible cyclists... on 13:38 - Aug 13 with 1703 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 13:08 - Aug 13 by Batterseajack

If there was a helmet available for the child, then yes i probably would. But if not, i wouldn't stop the child from riding a bike because of it.

Parents wrap their kids up in cotton wool too much these days over perceived risks that sometime just aren't there. The risk of head injury is barely higher than playing most other sports.

But i wouldn't accept any advice from some uninformed gobshite preaching to me off the street.

Mate, believe me, i would tell that irresponsible asswipe again that he was being a tool, and i would tell you as well, so best we dont ever meet yea! Now stop acting all hard like on the interweb good boy 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 15:41 - Aug 13 with 1631 viewsJohnw102

What gets me is they pay £1000s of pounds for a bike, but are too tight to pay £3 for a bell on it, would rather cycle up behind you on a cycle path and yell!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Irresponsible cyclists... on 16:03 - Aug 13 with 1615 viewstheloneranger

"Researchers found that people wearing helmets had 52 percent lower risk of severe TBI, compared to unhelmeted riders, and a 44 percent lower risk of death.

Riders with helmets also had 31 percent lower odds of facial fractures. The upper part of the face, particularly around the eyes, was most protected. Helmets offered less protection against fractures to the lower part of the face, such as the nose and jaw.

Moreover, people who wore helmets reduced their likelihood of having brain surgery, further confirming a certain level of protection with helmet use."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-bicycles-helmets-idUSKCN10U1LY

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Irresponsible cyclists... on 16:44 - Aug 13 with 1566 viewspikeypaul

Irresponsible cyclists... on 15:41 - Aug 13 by Johnw102

What gets me is they pay £1000s of pounds for a bike, but are too tight to pay £3 for a bell on it, would rather cycle up behind you on a cycle path and yell!

Why are you walking on a cycle path?

Very funny walking along the promenade and seeing the gormless fools who do not understand the reason a bicycle is painted in one 1/2 every 100 yards.

They are normally fatties, lazy in body and mind.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 16:46]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:32 - Aug 13 with 1555 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 13:38 - Aug 13 by Swanjaxs

Mate, believe me, i would tell that irresponsible asswipe again that he was being a tool, and i would tell you as well, so best we dont ever meet yea! Now stop acting all hard like on the interweb good boy 👍

Are you some sort of vigilante hell bent on forcing your own views to others when your paths meet?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:38 - Aug 13 with 1553 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:32 - Aug 13 by Jackfath

Are you some sort of vigilante hell bent on forcing your own views to others when your paths meet?

Only irresponsible cyclists mate, maybe if the young girl had fallen from her bike and smashed her skull on the curb my point would have carried more weight...
Luckily she didnt, now have a lovely evening sir 👍
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 17:39]

Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:41 - Aug 13 with 1547 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:38 - Aug 13 by Swanjaxs

Only irresponsible cyclists mate, maybe if the young girl had fallen from her bike and smashed her skull on the curb my point would have carried more weight...
Luckily she didnt, now have a lovely evening sir 👍
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 17:39]

Perhaps curbs should be made of marshmallows to help in case the matter rises again?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:12 - Aug 13 with 1531 viewsjackal

Irresponsible cyclists... on 16:44 - Aug 13 by pikeypaul

Why are you walking on a cycle path?

Very funny walking along the promenade and seeing the gormless fools who do not understand the reason a bicycle is painted in one 1/2 every 100 yards.

They are normally fatties, lazy in body and mind.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 16:46]

Too right.

Along the Mumbles road you have a dual carriageway for cars, a clearly marked cycle path and a clearly marked pedestrian footway.

It's amazing how this is beyond the comprehension of so many people.
Login to get fewer ads

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:28 - Aug 13 with 1525 viewsdickythorpe

Nearly 6 pages already!
Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:55 - Aug 13 with 1492 viewsjack2jack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:28 - Aug 13 by dickythorpe

Nearly 6 pages already!

There you go 6 pages👍
Bugger!😂
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 18:59]
Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:08 - Aug 13 with 1452 viewspikeypaul

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:12 - Aug 13 by jackal

Too right.

Along the Mumbles road you have a dual carriageway for cars, a clearly marked cycle path and a clearly marked pedestrian footway.

It's amazing how this is beyond the comprehension of so many people.

The fecking retards then wonder why they nearly get hit or shout a load of abuse when a cyclist rings the bell.Some people should not be allowed out alone.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:33 - Aug 13 with 1444 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:41 - Aug 13 by Jackfath

Perhaps curbs should be made of marshmallows to help in case the matter rises again?

You really are a fool ain't you

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:37 - Aug 13 with 1439 viewsNeath_Jack

It's kerb by the way, unless you are trying to curb the poor example set by the parent.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:41 - Aug 13 with 1431 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:37 - Aug 13 by Neath_Jack

It's kerb by the way, unless you are trying to curb the poor example set by the parent.

Tidy mate, thought you would have had me on ignore btw?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:45 - Aug 13 with 1424 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:33 - Aug 13 by Swanjaxs

You really are a fool ain't you

Why is that then?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:45 - Aug 13 with 1424 viewsexiledclaseboy

This seems to have a fairly simple solution. Cyclists wearing helmets is clearly a good thing. Changing the law to make it compulsory for cyclists to wear helmets is likely to reduce the number of people cycling with all the associated health benefits. That’s a bad thing. Also such a law would be entirely impossible to enforce meaning it would be a token gesture at best. Another bad thing. We have thousands of pointless and unenforceable laws already. We do not need another.

So clearly what’s needed is some kind of high profile communications/marketing/education campaign to persuade those hardy refuseniks who would stop cycling if forced to wear a helmet that the wearing of helmets is actually a good thing and may end up saving their lives one day.

Policymaking 101. You can all thank me later when you’ve stopped being nasty to each other.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 19:48]

Poll: Tory leader

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:46 - Aug 13 with 1419 viewsexiledclaseboy

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:37 - Aug 13 by Neath_Jack

Kerb your interference young man.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:47 - Aug 13 with 1418 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:45 - Aug 13 by Jackfath

Why is that then?

Do I really have to explain?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:47 - Aug 13 with 1414 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:47 - Aug 13 by Swanjaxs

Do I really have to explain?

Yes. It was only the other day you were asking me to post more, now you call me a fool.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:47 - Aug 13 with 1414 viewsNeath_Jack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:41 - Aug 13 by Swanjaxs

Tidy mate, thought you would have had me on ignore btw?

I'm an adult, i don't need to use the ignore function. I choose who and when to converse with people, on here and in everyday life.

Why would i be ignoring you anyway? Life is too short for that nonsense. Can't say I've noticed you before, or have we had a difference of opinion previously?

Smile, shrug and carry on is the best.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:49 - Aug 13 with 1408 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:47 - Aug 13 by Neath_Jack

I'm an adult, i don't need to use the ignore function. I choose who and when to converse with people, on here and in everyday life.

Why would i be ignoring you anyway? Life is too short for that nonsense. Can't say I've noticed you before, or have we had a difference of opinion previously?

Smile, shrug and carry on is the best.

Bore off you tool 😎

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:51 - Aug 13 with 1394 viewsNeath_Jack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:49 - Aug 13 by Swanjaxs

Bore off you tool 😎

Blimey, what was that for?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:53 - Aug 13 with 1389 viewsexiledclaseboy

Irresponsible cyclists... on 19:51 - Aug 13 by Neath_Jack

Blimey, what was that for?

Call it a hunch, but I’m not sure he likes you
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 19:54]

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:04 - Aug 13 with 1374 viewsjack2jack

Anyways,back on topic if I may, I suppose an adult can make his or her own decisions, personally, if it was my child they would be made to wear a helmet.In my humble opinion it would be the most sensible option.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:49 - Aug 13 with 1344 viewsSwanjaxs

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:04 - Aug 13 by jack2jack

Anyways,back on topic if I may, I suppose an adult can make his or her own decisions, personally, if it was my child they would be made to wear a helmet.In my humble opinion it would be the most sensible option.

At last a common sense post 👏

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024