Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irresponsible cyclists... 17:34 - Aug 12 with 24877 viewsSwanjaxs

Walking my dogs down to Singleton Park this morning and coming towards me on bikes were a father and daughter (about five or six year old) just outside Tesco Express by the bus stop the daughter had a bit of a wobble lost control and fell off her bike, no harm done as they were going uphill and at low speed, she got up straight away, now here's the thing, neither had helmets on, so being a safety conscious type of a bloke i stopped and suggested he put a helmet on his daughter even if he was stupid enough not to, he told me to fùck off and mind my own business.... In my opinion the sooner compulsory wearing of safety helmets for cyclists comes in by law the better! I'll get off my soapbox now 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:02 - Aug 15 with 1813 viewsAndy1300

so much for the Hi-Viz argument....

Number 1 team in Wales

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:34 - Aug 15 with 1766 viewsjackforever

Dont post much on here anymore but felt I had to on this.

We all have one thing in common on this board, a love for the Swans and the game of football. Unfortunately for me my lad didn't share my love of the beautiful game but unlike many other 14 year olds is extremely fit. How ? He rides his bike. Now this love has turned into his chosen sport and he races his bike. He was lucky enough to ride last week with Geraint Thomas on his homecoming in Cardiff.

Now to my point, where does he train in Swansea? On a cycle path? On the road? bearing in mind he travels at times over 30mph in training is a cycle path safe? Roads certainly arent just look at the comments in this thread.

So next time you are stuck behind a cyclist it maybe my lad who isn't vandalising buildings, causing anti social behaviour, sitting on his xbox or doing anything else society think our kids shouldn't do. Hes just doing his sport in a city that doesn't provide any facilities. Imagine no football or rugby pitches for our kids.

And no he doesnt pay road tax and yes he is insured, highly skillful, wears a helmet, and sometimes rides in a group.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:41 - Aug 15 with 1760 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:34 - Aug 15 by jackforever

We all have one thing in common on this board, a love for the Swans and the game of football. Unfortunately for me my lad didn't share my love of the beautiful game but unlike many other 14 year olds is extremely fit. How ? He rides his bike. Now this love has turned into his chosen sport and he races his bike. He was lucky enough to ride last week with Geraint Thomas on his homecoming in Cardiff.

Now to my point, where does he train in Swansea? On a cycle path? On the road? bearing in mind he travels at times over 30mph in training is a cycle path safe? Roads certainly arent just look at the comments in this thread.

So next time you are stuck behind a cyclist it maybe my lad who isn't vandalising buildings, causing anti social behaviour, sitting on his xbox or doing anything else society think our kids shouldn't do. Hes just doing his sport in a city that doesn't provide any facilities. Imagine no football or rugby pitches for our kids.

And no he doesnt pay road tax and yes he is insured, highly skillful, wears a helmet, and sometimes rides in a group.

Well said. Let's hope he doesn't run into a busy body like the OP.

It's a great sport and I hope your son does well.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:48 - Aug 15 with 1752 viewsjackforever

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:41 - Aug 15 by Jackfath

Well said. Let's hope he doesn't run into a busy body like the OP.

It's a great sport and I hope your son does well.

Thank you.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 09:17 - Aug 16 with 1671 viewsHCMC

jackforever,great post and good luck to your son in his chosen sport.

He sounds a credit to you.

Just a shame there are so many saddos about wanting to have a go at people wanting to cycle and keep fit.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 9:19]
Irresponsible cyclists... on 09:37 - Aug 16 with 1661 viewsWarwickHunt

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:34 - Aug 15 by jackforever

Good on him.

Roads are for transport though, not practising a sport. That goes for idiots in cars and on motorbikes too...
Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:22 - Aug 16 with 1638 viewsBatterseajack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 09:37 - Aug 16 by WarwickHunt

Good on him.

Roads are for transport though, not practising a sport. That goes for idiots in cars and on motorbikes too...

says who?
Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:26 - Aug 16 with 1636 viewsWarwickHunt

Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:22 - Aug 16 by Batterseajack

says who?

So it's OK for cyclists to race in traffic?

Plum.
Login to get fewer ads

Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:05 - Aug 16 with 1626 viewsBatterseajack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 10:26 - Aug 16 by WarwickHunt

So it's OK for cyclists to race in traffic?

Plum.

Only if its a licensed road racing event and you have a rolling road block and police permission. I've done a couple of these and they're great fun.

But we're talking about training on the road, which is no different to cycling as a mode of transport.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 11:06]
Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:12 - Aug 16 with 1622 viewsWarwickHunt

Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:05 - Aug 16 by Batterseajack

Only if its a licensed road racing event and you have a rolling road block and police permission. I've done a couple of these and they're great fun.

But we're talking about training on the road, which is no different to cycling as a mode of transport.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 11:06]

"Train" all you like. However, I've seen many cyclists (and motorcyclists) racing around the South Circular which isn't the same thing.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:26 - Aug 16 with 1615 viewsBatterseajack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:12 - Aug 16 by WarwickHunt

"Train" all you like. However, I've seen many cyclists (and motorcyclists) racing around the South Circular which isn't the same thing.

Yet pedestrians are overwhelmingly killed by car drivers in London and elsewhere. But cyclists and motorcyclists "racing" is the real problem right.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:37 - Aug 16 with 1609 viewsWarwickHunt

Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:26 - Aug 16 by Batterseajack

Yet pedestrians are overwhelmingly killed by car drivers in London and elsewhere. But cyclists and motorcyclists "racing" is the real problem right.

You're being silly now.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:39 - Aug 16 with 1607 viewsJackfath

I see a lady power walking most days on the pavement. No protection. I must stop her next time and tell her to get her protective helmet, elbow and knee pads on. I must also query whether it's right for her to power walk in this way as she could be a danger to other pedestrians.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:54 - Aug 16 with 1597 viewsBatterseajack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:39 - Aug 16 by Jackfath

I see a lady power walking most days on the pavement. No protection. I must stop her next time and tell her to get her protective helmet, elbow and knee pads on. I must also query whether it's right for her to power walk in this way as she could be a danger to other pedestrians.

You wouldn't believe how many drivers i saw this morning driving without a helmet. Aren't they aware that 14% of all brain injuries occur in car crashes. I feel like tapping the window on every car driver on my way and give them a good talking to, especially if they have kids in the back.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:59 - Aug 16 with 1592 viewsJackfath

Irresponsible cyclists... on 11:54 - Aug 16 by Batterseajack

You wouldn't believe how many drivers i saw this morning driving without a helmet. Aren't they aware that 14% of all brain injuries occur in car crashes. I feel like tapping the window on every car driver on my way and give them a good talking to, especially if they have kids in the back.

Good point. I may pop out later and see if any joggers on the prom have suitable protection in case they fall over and scrape their knees.

Irresponsible cyclists... on 13:12 - Aug 16 with 1575 viewsdickythorpe

If only bikes had seat belts and air bags.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 13:33 - Aug 16 with 1565 viewscostalotta

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:56 - Aug 12 by raynor94

I wonder if it's the same pair I came across cycling along the pavement on De La Beeche road in town.

The girl cycled up behind us and proceeded to ring her bell for us to move, when I pointed out to her it was a pavement, I received a mouthful off her father, all rather sad

Oh come rayns that’s fine surely? She was courteous and rang the bell, that’s what they are for?
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 14:22]
Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:25 - Aug 16 with 1498 viewsjackforever

Irresponsible cyclists... on 09:37 - Aug 16 by WarwickHunt

Good on him.

So where is he meant to train then? Where did GeraintbThonas or Nicole Cooke train? As a city there is nowhere but happy for you to come up with suggestions.
Oh and you do realise the difference between racing and training?
Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:33 - Aug 16 with 1493 viewsWarwickHunt

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:25 - Aug 16 by jackforever

So where is he meant to train then? Where did GeraintbThonas or Nicole Cooke train? As a city there is nowhere but happy for you to come up with suggestions.
Oh and you do realise the difference between racing and training?

Yes, I do.

See my above post, Duh.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:33 - Aug 16 with 1493 viewsPhil_S

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:29 - Aug 14 by dickythorpe

I would prefer to keep my financial contributions private...... You won't hear me on here bleat about my generous donations.....

Glad you liked that speedboat I picked out for you.

Yes you can borrow it this weekend

Edit: apologies that was meant to be a PM
Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:43 - Aug 16 with 1480 viewsjackforever

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:33 - Aug 16 by WarwickHunt

Yes, I do.

See my above post, Duh.

So again I'll ask any idea where he can practice his sport? Does the same apply to runners on pavements?
Also struggling with the idea that it's now a problem to ride too fast on a road? Usually the problem is riding too slow and holding up a motorist by 5 seconds.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:05 - Aug 16 with 1468 viewsJack11

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:43 - Aug 16 by jackforever

So again I'll ask any idea where he can practice his sport? Does the same apply to runners on pavements?
Also struggling with the idea that it's now a problem to ride too fast on a road? Usually the problem is riding too slow and holding up a motorist by 5 seconds.

Excercise bike
Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:26 - Aug 16 with 1445 viewsAndy1300

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:05 - Aug 16 by Jack11

Excercise bike

You every ridden one? bloody awful things, you don't get head/tail winds one those either

Number 1 team in Wales

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:35 - Aug 16 with 1438 viewsJack11

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:26 - Aug 16 by Andy1300

You every ridden one? bloody awful things, you don't get head/tail winds one those either

Put a big fan in front or behind it
Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:42 - Aug 16 with 1418 viewsAndy1300

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:35 - Aug 16 by Jack11

Put a big fan in front or behind it

omg, face palm moment

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024