Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Irresponsible cyclists... 17:34 - Aug 12 with 24509 viewsSwanjaxs

Walking my dogs down to Singleton Park this morning and coming towards me on bikes were a father and daughter (about five or six year old) just outside Tesco Express by the bus stop the daughter had a bit of a wobble lost control and fell off her bike, no harm done as they were going uphill and at low speed, she got up straight away, now here's the thing, neither had helmets on, so being a safety conscious type of a bloke i stopped and suggested he put a helmet on his daughter even if he was stupid enough not to, he told me to fùck off and mind my own business.... In my opinion the sooner compulsory wearing of safety helmets for cyclists comes in by law the better! I'll get off my soapbox now 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:43 - Aug 16 with 1677 viewsLeonWasGod

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:34 - Aug 15 by jackforever

Dont post much on here anymore but felt I had to on this.

We all have one thing in common on this board, a love for the Swans and the game of football. Unfortunately for me my lad didn't share my love of the beautiful game but unlike many other 14 year olds is extremely fit. How ? He rides his bike. Now this love has turned into his chosen sport and he races his bike. He was lucky enough to ride last week with Geraint Thomas on his homecoming in Cardiff.

Now to my point, where does he train in Swansea? On a cycle path? On the road? bearing in mind he travels at times over 30mph in training is a cycle path safe? Roads certainly arent just look at the comments in this thread.

So next time you are stuck behind a cyclist it maybe my lad who isn't vandalising buildings, causing anti social behaviour, sitting on his xbox or doing anything else society think our kids shouldn't do. Hes just doing his sport in a city that doesn't provide any facilities. Imagine no football or rugby pitches for our kids.

And no he doesnt pay road tax and yes he is insured, highly skillful, wears a helmet, and sometimes rides in a group.

You should post more. I like the analogy with football pitches. Swansea is pretty horrendous for cyclists (except those who only want to do 5 miles an hour with the toddlers on the seafront). It’s nobody’s fault - a lot of it is simply down to a lack of a network of small, criss-crossing roads that you get elsewhere in the uk. And geography has it in for us even more than that, as you can’t cycle south unless you’ve got a pedalo.

Although there’s some beautiful countryside and views, cyclists have limited options and the roads can be a tad busy and scary (Gower during the summer for example).

So yes, when driving, please think. Cyclists aren’t deliberately trying to annoy anyone, just trying to carry out a hobby/sport/passtime they love.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:44 - Aug 16 with 1670 viewsJackfath

Get your family/neighbours to pop into your room where your cycling and swear at you to make it similar to cycling on the roads.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:47 - Aug 16 with 1657 viewsJack11

Irresponsible cyclists... on 21:44 - Aug 16 by Jackfath

Get your family/neighbours to pop into your room where your cycling and swear at you to make it similar to cycling on the roads.

And swansjaxs to pop in intermittently to criticise your lack of PPE
Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:42 - Aug 16 with 1608 viewsWarwickHunt

Irresponsible cyclists... on 20:43 - Aug 16 by jackforever

So again I'll ask any idea where he can practice his sport? Does the same apply to runners on pavements?
Also struggling with the idea that it's now a problem to ride too fast on a road? Usually the problem is riding too slow and holding up a motorist by 5 seconds.

No idea. If it involves racing against other cyclists then not on the fûcking roads. If it’s just cycling within the Highway Code then he can fill his boots.

Not bothered about speed, just fûckwits using the roads as a velodrome.

Now do you get it?
Irresponsible cyclists... on 23:56 - Aug 16 with 1591 viewspikeypaul

The cyclists that get me are the ones who go two or three abreast and think it's fine to continuously talk not looking where they are going,heads at right angles looking at each other,you find them on the road and on the promenade always on road bikes and kitted out in the full Lycra kit.

You can see they are trying to impersonate their Tour de France heros thinking it's cool to go at speed and not look forward or be out of breath.

If they came out for a talk why do they not go to a pub or cafe?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 01:10 - Aug 17 with 1586 viewsjackforever

Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:42 - Aug 16 by WarwickHunt

No idea. If it involves racing against other cyclists then not on the fûcking roads. If it’s just cycling within the Highway Code then he can fill his boots.

Now do you get it?

Road racing on closed roads with rolling road blocks will be the only time he will RACE on the roads.

You said the roads aren't the place to practice his sport but then said you don't mind if he goes fast as long as he follows the highway code. Well obviously he follows the highway code whilst practicing his sport. Problem is the dickheads driving the one tonne killing machine who have no idea what the highway code says about safe overtaking of cyclists.

Btw driving into work tonight saw a car speeding up behind me then overtake but the lights were red, matter feck the lights let's go through them at 60mph plus in a 30. Compared to cyclists us car drivers are clearly the problem on the roads. We are fecking killing each other ffs but nobody seems that bothered as long as they aren't delayed. Strange times
Irresponsible cyclists... on 08:25 - Aug 17 with 1539 viewsWarwickHunt

Irresponsible cyclists... on 01:10 - Aug 17 by jackforever

Road racing on closed roads with rolling road blocks will be the only time he will RACE on the roads.

You said the roads aren't the place to practice his sport but then said you don't mind if he goes fast as long as he follows the highway code. Well obviously he follows the highway code whilst practicing his sport. Problem is the dickheads driving the one tonne killing machine who have no idea what the highway code says about safe overtaking of cyclists.

Btw driving into work tonight saw a car speeding up behind me then overtake but the lights were red, matter feck the lights let's go through them at 60mph plus in a 30. Compared to cyclists us car drivers are clearly the problem on the roads. We are fecking killing each other ffs but nobody seems that bothered as long as they aren't delayed. Strange times

You still seem to be struggling with the concept of “practising his sport” (racing) and cycling on public roads in traffic (cycling).

ps You never see cyclists going through a red...😂😂😂
Irresponsible cyclists... on 08:30 - Aug 17 with 1534 viewsBatterseajack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 22:42 - Aug 16 by WarwickHunt

Now do you get it?

These unlicensed bike races you talk of sound fun, where are they and how can The rest of us get involved?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 8:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Irresponsible cyclists... on 08:33 - Aug 17 with 1533 viewsWarwickHunt

Irresponsible cyclists... on 08:30 - Aug 17 by Batterseajack

These unlicensed bike races you talk of sound fun, where are they and how can The rest of us get involved?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 8:31]

Try the South Circular just up the road from you or Richmond Park.

Glad to be of assistance.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 08:51 - Aug 17 with 1516 viewsBatterseajack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 08:33 - Aug 17 by WarwickHunt

Try the South Circular just up the road from you or Richmond Park.

Glad to be of assistance.

Why would anyone take exception to cyclist cycling in a park. Surely that would be the motorists favourite place for them, unless they’re using the beautiful park as a rat run. The only drivers using that park should be walkers who are heading to the car parks.

And no mine races on the south circular, they’re either commuting, or weekend cyclings using a short section of it to head out to Kent or Surrey countryside and get some fresh air for a few hours.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 09:13 - Aug 17 with 1512 viewsWarwickHunt

Irresponsible cyclists... on 08:51 - Aug 17 by Batterseajack

Why would anyone take exception to cyclist cycling in a park. Surely that would be the motorists favourite place for them, unless they’re using the beautiful park as a rat run. The only drivers using that park should be walkers who are heading to the car parks.

And no mine races on the south circular, they’re either commuting, or weekend cyclings using a short section of it to head out to Kent or Surrey countryside and get some fresh air for a few hours.

Ah yes, no doubt with a pannier full of scrumptious picnic food and lashings of ginger beer...

If you’ve never seen cyclists race each other on the South Circ may I suggest you remove your head from your Lycra-clad arse and pay attention.

Richmond Park has a 20mph speed limit (and a cycle path that no fûcker uses) and I regularly get overtaken by clowns who think it’s part of the Tour de France race.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 9:17]
Irresponsible cyclists... on 09:25 - Aug 17 with 1501 viewsBatterseajack

Irresponsible cyclists... on 09:13 - Aug 17 by WarwickHunt

Ah yes, no doubt with a pannier full of scrumptious picnic food and lashings of ginger beer...

If you’ve never seen cyclists race each other on the South Circ may I suggest you remove your head from your Lycra-clad arse and pay attention.

Richmond Park has a 20mph speed limit (and a cycle path that no fûcker uses) and I regularly get overtaken by clowns who think it’s part of the Tour de France race.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 9:17]

You're off your head, so i'm going to leave it there
Irresponsible cyclists... on 09:31 - Aug 17 with 1500 viewsWarwickHunt

Irresponsible cyclists... on 09:25 - Aug 17 by Batterseajack

You're off your head, so i'm going to leave it there

Good lad.

ps keep off the fûcking pavements.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 09:31 - Aug 17 with 1497 viewspikeypaul

The sun is coming out so the promenade at Mumbles should be very eventful today with the racing bike,lycra clad cyclists speeding by. It's only time before someone is seriously hurt by what I have witnessed the last few weeks.
But at least they are not on the road,I just wish they would slow down a bit.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Irresponsible cyclists... on 15:18 - Aug 18 with 1411 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 09:37 - Aug 16 by WarwickHunt

Good on him.

Roads are for transport though, not practising a sport. That goes for idiots in cars and on motorbikes too...

Absolutely nonsense.
There is no reason you can’t use roads for sport.
As long as you abide by the Highway Code the reasons you use the roads are irrelevant.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 16:00 - Aug 18 with 1383 viewsWarwickHunt

Irresponsible cyclists... on 15:18 - Aug 18 by peenemunde

Absolutely nonsense.
There is no reason you can’t use roads for sport.
As long as you abide by the Highway Code the reasons you use the roads are irrelevant.

In that case, do us all a favour and have a game of tiddlywinks in the fast lane of the M1.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 16:12 - Aug 18 with 1375 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 16:00 - Aug 18 by WarwickHunt

In that case, do us all a favour and have a game of tiddlywinks in the fast lane of the M1.

The M1 is a motorway you thick tw@t.
We are talking about roads.
Roads that cyclists have as much right to use as any car or other vehicle user.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 16:29 - Aug 18 with 1370 viewsMo_Wives

Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:34 - Aug 15 by jackforever

Dont post much on here anymore but felt I had to on this.

We all have one thing in common on this board, a love for the Swans and the game of football. Unfortunately for me my lad didn't share my love of the beautiful game but unlike many other 14 year olds is extremely fit. How ? He rides his bike. Now this love has turned into his chosen sport and he races his bike. He was lucky enough to ride last week with Geraint Thomas on his homecoming in Cardiff.

Now to my point, where does he train in Swansea? On a cycle path? On the road? bearing in mind he travels at times over 30mph in training is a cycle path safe? Roads certainly arent just look at the comments in this thread.

So next time you are stuck behind a cyclist it maybe my lad who isn't vandalising buildings, causing anti social behaviour, sitting on his xbox or doing anything else society think our kids shouldn't do. Hes just doing his sport in a city that doesn't provide any facilities. Imagine no football or rugby pitches for our kids.

And no he doesnt pay road tax and yes he is insured, highly skillful, wears a helmet, and sometimes rides in a group.

#NotAll cyclists.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Irresponsible cyclists... on 16:33 - Aug 18 with 1366 viewsexiledclaseboy

Irresponsible cyclists... on 16:29 - Aug 18 by Mo_Wives

#NotAll cyclists.

Cyclist lives matter

Poll: Tory leader

Irresponsible cyclists... on 16:55 - Aug 18 with 1348 viewsMo_Wives

Irresponsible cyclists... on 16:33 - Aug 18 by exiledclaseboy

Cyclist lives matter

Not only a hero to the gay rights movement, Freddy was also a pioneer for the acceptance of cyclists...

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:01 - Aug 18 with 1340 viewsexiledclaseboy

Irresponsible cyclists... on 16:55 - Aug 18 by Mo_Wives

Not only a hero to the gay rights movement, Freddy was also a pioneer for the acceptance of cyclists...

You’re pushing all my hipster buttons here. Furthering the agendas of oppressed minorities while at the same time indulging my decades old love of Queen. Not that I’d imagine queen are too popular amongst hipsters, unless of course it’s in a post modern, ironic way

Stadium rock lives matter.

Poll: Tory leader

Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:08 - Aug 18 with 1337 viewsMo_Wives

Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:01 - Aug 18 by exiledclaseboy

You’re pushing all my hipster buttons here. Furthering the agendas of oppressed minorities while at the same time indulging my decades old love of Queen. Not that I’d imagine queen are too popular amongst hipsters, unless of course it’s in a post modern, ironic way

Stadium rock lives matter.

Hipsters loved Queen before they were cool. Even though hipsters weren't yet born. It's the hipster paradox.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:11 - Aug 18 with 1332 viewsbluey_the_blue

Irresponsible cyclists... on 08:25 - Aug 17 by WarwickHunt

You still seem to be struggling with the concept of “practising his sport” (racing) and cycling on public roads in traffic (cycling).

ps You never see cyclists going through a red...😂😂😂

Must just be a Cardiff thing, I see 4 or 5 every morning doing just that on the way to the train station.
Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:37 - Aug 18 with 1319 viewsWarwickHunt

Irresponsible cyclists... on 16:12 - Aug 18 by peenemunde

The M1 is a motorway you thick tw@t.
We are talking about roads.
Roads that cyclists have as much right to use as any car or other vehicle user.

Fûck me, you’re thick...
Irresponsible cyclists... on 18:59 - Aug 18 with 1297 viewspeenemunde

Irresponsible cyclists... on 17:37 - Aug 18 by WarwickHunt

Fûck me, you’re thick...

So says the idiot who thinks you can’t use the road for sport. I.e cycling pmsl.
What a fooking clown. No doubt you’re one of these simpletons who shouts “cars pay road tax”
Go on admit it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024