Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) 08:58 - Aug 13 with 4200 viewsepaul

Right the bright lights of London are no more after 23 years, now a full time resident of Barrybados, so we gonna sort something out regards travel to games?

Got tics for next 4 home games, not sorted any away games yet as dont really want to drive to them and it appears no chance to get back by train, well only as far as scumdiff

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 10:07 - Aug 13 with 2807 viewsAl_Bundy

Your not Gav by any chance?
Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 10:15 - Aug 13 with 2797 viewsBarryTownSwam

Welcome back to Barrybados bra !
Get yourself down to Jenner Park when the Swans haven’t got a game. It’s a good standard on the pitch, great facilities (on & off the pitch) and it’s a very friendly sociable club
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 10:16]
Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 10:16 - Aug 13 with 2794 viewsLoyal

I know theres a fair few there mate, may be due to their youthful exuberance they won't make the best travelling companions. Llantwit has some older lads as well as Kenfig and Ogmore. It seems mostly to be the younger element, with a very healthy dislike of the team on their doirstep. They generally travel in to Cardiff pre match then catch the train to Swansea, probably give you a decent idea of their mindset.
Unless you like your culture 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 10:20 - Aug 13 with 2776 viewsDarran

BADASS

Barry And District Associated Swans Supporters.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 10:46 - Aug 13 with 2724 viewsSTID2017

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 10:20 - Aug 13 by Darran

BADASS

Is that for real ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 13:01 - Aug 13 with 2553 viewspencoedjack

Pencoed & Llantristant Jacks have a minibus to away games e Paul, also started to watch some away games on Sky in a pub in Llantristant

Good bunch of boys mixture of ages.

Away trips would only be a quick journey up the link rd to M4 & you could jump on the party bus

I’ll be less drunk than when I met you in Bournemouth

We are on the train for the Bristol City home game
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 13:04]
Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 14:26 - Aug 13 with 2451 viewsjackatbarry

EPaul

Welcome to Barrybados. I go to every home game by train so will be at the Bristol match in two weeks also going to the Leeds game, but have to drive that one as it is a night game. Where are you living in Barry? If you are looking for any advice on train travel or need a lift (when I drive which isn't that often) just let me know as I have been doing it for years.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 15:11]
Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 16:53 - Aug 13 with 2316 viewsItchySphincter

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 10:46 - Aug 13 by STID2017

Is that for real ?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 16:58 - Aug 13 with 2301 views34dfgdf54

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 13:01 - Aug 13 by pencoedjack

Pencoed & Llantristant Jacks have a minibus to away games e Paul, also started to watch some away games on Sky in a pub in Llantristant

Away trips would only be a quick journey up the link rd to M4 & you could jump on the party bus

What train do you get on mate?

Us lot get on from Cardiff at 10, down into Wind Street for the early kick off then. Assuming it’s the same line.
Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:03 - Aug 13 with 2287 viewsbyron

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 10:16 - Aug 13 by Loyal

I know theres a fair few there mate, may be due to their youthful exuberance they won't make the best travelling companions. Llantwit has some older lads as well as Kenfig and Ogmore. It seems mostly to be the younger element, with a very healthy dislike of the team on their doirstep. They generally travel in to Cardiff pre match then catch the train to Swansea, probably give you a decent idea of their mindset.

Wwwhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Llantwit has a big bluebird following and can be a bit lively.
Surely they will all be switching to the bluebirds now we are premier league....

Benny

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:13 - Aug 13 with 2273 viewsepaul

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 10:07 - Aug 13 by Al_Bundy

Your not Gav by any chance?

Yeah and my missus is Stacey, uncanny innit

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:15 - Aug 13 with 2269 viewsepaul

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 10:15 - Aug 13 by BarryTownSwam

Welcome back to Barrybados bra !
Get yourself down to Jenner Park when the Swans haven’t got a game. It’s a good standard on the pitch, great facilities (on & off the pitch) and it’s a very friendly sociable club
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 10:16]

Yeah I'll take a game or 2 in, my missus' daughters partner plays for them Kanye McClaggan

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:15 - Aug 13 with 2267 viewsepaul

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 10:16 - Aug 13 by Loyal

Are they ruffians,

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:16 - Aug 13 with 2264 viewsepaul

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 10:20 - Aug 13 by Darran

BADASS

Love it lol

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:19 - Aug 13 with 2253 viewsLoyal

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:15 - Aug 13 by epaul

Are they ruffians,

happy with their youth and lust for life I would say.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:26 - Aug 13 with 2235 viewsepaul

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 14:26 - Aug 13 by jackatbarry

EPaul

Welcome to Barrybados. I go to every home game by train so will be at the Bristol match in two weeks also going to the Leeds game, but have to drive that one as it is a night game. Where are you living in Barry? If you are looking for any advice on train travel or need a lift (when I drive which isn't that often) just let me know as I have been doing it for years.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 15:11]

Cheers pal, I've responded to your pm 👍

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:27 - Aug 13 with 2231 viewsepaul

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 13:01 - Aug 13 by pencoedjack

Sounds great for away games, not pencilled any in yet, ah yes you've jogged my memory now, Bournemouth, think everyone was having a skinful lol

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:28 - Aug 13 with 2230 viewsexhmrc1

for daytime matches at home there is a train from Cardiff to Bridgend then change on the main line to Swansea. Reverse on return. Night matches there is a train around 10.30 back but to Cardiff. Lots of trains and buses between Barry and Cardiff. Also a train and bus hourly to Bridgend. What made you go there a few miles further west and youd be in paradise. For away matches you could try the travel club see if they could pick you up at Cardiff west and get driven and picked up there. What part of Barry are you living. My sister lived there for a while but couldn't wait to get away.
Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:29 - Aug 13 with 2227 viewsepaul

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:19 - Aug 13 by Loyal

happy with their youth and lust for life I would say.

That's fair enough, we've all been young once and been exuberant, don't think I can do it so much nowadays though................. I do try though lol

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:29 - Aug 13 with 2227 viewsUxbridge

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:15 - Aug 13 by epaul

Yeah I'll take a game or 2 in, my missus' daughters partner plays for them Kanye McClaggan

My good friend and fellow former SEAL Bows did the same emigration a couple of years ago. Pretty much lives in the local Spoons if FB is anything to go by. I'll put you in touch if you like...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:31 - Aug 13 with 2216 viewsepaul

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:29 - Aug 13 by Uxbridge

My good friend and fellow former SEAL Bows did the same emigration a couple of years ago. Pretty much lives in the local Spoons if FB is anything to go by. I'll put you in touch if you like...

Tidy Andy cheers, been known to have the odd brekkie or two in there myself

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:58 - Aug 13 with 2161 viewspencoedjack

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 17:28 - Aug 13 by exhmrc1

for daytime matches at home there is a train from Cardiff to Bridgend then change on the main line to Swansea. Reverse on return. Night matches there is a train around 10.30 back but to Cardiff. Lots of trains and buses between Barry and Cardiff. Also a train and bus hourly to Bridgend. What made you go there a few miles further west and youd be in paradise. For away matches you could try the travel club see if they could pick you up at Cardiff west and get driven and picked up there. What part of Barry are you living. My sister lived there for a while but couldn't wait to get away.

The Cardiff train goes straight through to Swansea no need to change @ Bridgend
Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 18:00 - Aug 13 with 2150 viewspencoedjack

Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 16:58 - Aug 13 by 34dfgdf54

What train do you get on mate?

Us lot get on from Cardiff at 10, down into Wind Street for the early kick off then. Assuming it’s the same line.

Pm sent
Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 18:14 - Aug 13 with 2124 viewsexhmrc1

there is the direct Cardiff train to Swansea and OP would need to catch the train from Barry to Cardiff first. There is also a train from Barry through Rhoose to Bridgend which avoids going into Cardiff. I know someone who regularly does the route and considers this the easiest and quickest way.
Jacks in/around Barry (travel to games) on 18:45 - Aug 13 with 2068 viewslonglostjack

Always decent banter on the train too. I get the train back from Swansea at about 6pm when I can make a game. Huddersfield fans were a good laugh last season. On the way down and back. If Jacks are getting on at Cardiff In the mornings PM me.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 19:10]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024