Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any news ? 10:22 - Aug 13 with 12260 viewsSS2013

On our loan targets ? Not seen much in terms of who we're linked with . Cheers

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Any news ? on 19:41 - Aug 14 with 2987 viewsBadlands

Any news ? on 16:04 - Aug 14 by awayjack

I thought loan window closes 31 August, so if he's here at end of month isn't he here until Jan? Unless he agrees to us cancelling his contact to make him free agent?

Or, see if he's fit.
Play until January.
Revise.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Any news ? on 19:42 - Aug 14 with 2980 viewsOldjack

i can't see anyone coming in .it's all about cost cutting

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Any news ? on 00:06 - Aug 15 with 2802 viewsSwanseaman

I would have thought Potter would have brought in 1 or 2 Swedish players. There must be some we could get at a good deal that would suit us?

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Any news ? on 00:07 - Aug 15 with 2799 viewsSwansea93

Any news ? on 00:06 - Aug 15 by Swanseaman

I would have thought Potter would have brought in 1 or 2 Swedish players. There must be some we could get at a good deal that would suit us?

Players from his old club have got better moves.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Any news ? on 00:12 - Aug 15 with 2785 viewsomarjack

Any news ? on 00:06 - Aug 15 by Swanseaman

Perhaps we can take on of their CBs (Pettersson or Bergqvist) to be our 3rd choice.

Also Hosam Aiesh is a decent player. Plays RWB..so if Naughton leaves by a miracle Potter should definitely consider him. Not likely though.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Any news ? on 00:12 - Aug 15 with 2785 viewsSwanseaman

Any news ? on 00:07 - Aug 15 by Swansea93

Players from his old club have got better moves.

He must have a good knowledge of players from other teams there. It would convince me for sure that GP and his staff are recruiting the players if some from Sweden came here. Martinez had good knowledge of the Spanish league and got a few players to us.

It's strange..

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Any news ? on 00:24 - Aug 15 with 2767 viewsomarjack

Any news ? on 00:12 - Aug 15 by Swanseaman

He must have a good knowledge of players from other teams there. It would convince me for sure that GP and his staff are recruiting the players if some from Sweden came here. Martinez had good knowledge of the Spanish league and got a few players to us.

It's strange..

Well tbf..Asoro is Swedish.

ALL our recruitment is coming from English leagues..it's rather concerning. As if we don't have any scouts overseas because we can't afford them or something.

Any news ? on 00:29 - Aug 15 with 2758 viewsjasper_T

Potter and Macaulay had been tracking Asoro for a few years.

Buying players from Sweden is dodgy because they're mid season. We'd be paying a premium for players from a league no better than our own. Out of favour domestic players like McKay and Celina are better value.
Login to get fewer ads

Any news ? on 00:31 - Aug 15 with 2755 viewsSwanseaman

Any news ? on 00:24 - Aug 15 by omarjack

ALL our recruitment is coming from English leagues..it's rather concerning. As if we don't have any scouts overseas because we can't afford them or something.

We used to get a lot of players other countries, bargain players who were under the radar. Our scouting network seemed a lot better back then, they need to get it improved and improve how we operate - speed of thought, & decision making - in the transfer market.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 0:34]

Any news ? on 00:43 - Aug 15 with 2724 viewsSwan91

Any news ? on 00:24 - Aug 15 by omarjack

If there are players already in the english leagues... why would we need to look overseas??? I would rather us sign a player like Asoro, Mackay and Celina.... young.. pretty cheap and has experience in the league we are currently in rather than a player for a similar price in the swedish league who did well there but could easily fail majorly in the championship.

it's not like we are paying much higher costs for these players who are already in the english league.. Mackay was a steal, and by the looks of things so are all the other players we have signed so far.

I really can't fault any of our signings so far.. I honestly think if we brought in another 2 loan signings of similar style to the rest... it would be a very good window.... if we brought in 3 players on loan... then it could possibly be our best transfer window in quite a few seasons (maybe since laudrup days).
Any news ? on 08:06 - Aug 15 with 2562 viewsomarjack

I'm not complaining about our recruits and recruitment method. So far it's been good enough without a doubt. Celina, Dhanda, McKay (I'm surprised at how well this one is turning out) and Asoro have all impressed.

I just think our scouting is too concentrated in England, we're potentially missing out on better players who would cost the same or less.

Also, as an example, Ryan Woods is being overvalued by Brentford at 7 m. Because mainly he's English and that plays a big part in values increase. Maybe, with proper scouting, we can get our hands on a player who is even better for half the value, what do we know? I personally don't because I'm not a scout. But I feel like we're missing out.

Any news ? on 08:25 - Aug 15 with 2523 viewsSwanseaman

The players we have got in so far are all looking like good buys. It's this Woods deal that has confused us.

For the money there must be lots of similar talent, in different leagues from other countries, we could tap into. Cheaper players, and less wages.

Any news ? on 08:27 - Aug 15 with 2509 viewsmagicdaps10

Our scouting has become very lazy and that is the painful thing.

Incompetence is just not being up to it but even that is a level above laziness.

It seems previous dealings were down to the players bame and reputation rather than fitting in to the style of the team, this came after Laudrup left.

You dont need to spend loads of money on scouting, there is football available to watch via tv 24/7. If they want to find out about a player personally, pick up the phone and ask the questions.

Potter and his team will have a superb knowledge of Swedish league players, Potter himself has been there for the last 8yrs. My only view on why they are not bringing any in, value? Want English league experienced players?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Any news ? on 08:43 - Aug 15 with 2464 viewsSwanseaman

Any news ? on 00:29 - Aug 15 by jasper_T

Potter and Macaulay had been tracking Asoro for a few years.

Buying players from Sweden is dodgy because they're mid season. We'd be paying a premium for players from a league no better than our own. Out of favour domestic players like McKay and Celina are better value.

GP became our manager 6th June. The transfer window in Sweden was open from Jul 15, 2018 to Aug 11, 2018.

It's strange that he didn't bring any players in from there. I would have thought that if he had his own scouting network, and was getting all the players, he would have brought in at least one from the Swedish leagues.

Maybe they aren't cheap and there were better deals here?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 8:48]

Any news ? on 12:10 - Aug 15 with 2354 viewsBadlands

Any news ? on 00:12 - Aug 15 by omarjack

Perhaps we can take on of their CBs (Pettersson or Bergqvist) to be our 3rd choice.

Also Hosam Aiesh is a decent player. Plays RWB..so if Naughton leaves by a miracle Potter should definitely consider him. Not likely though.

Why would leave a successful side with real chance of European Football and domestic trophies?

Any news ? on 12:14 - Aug 15 with 2331 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Any news ? on 12:10 - Aug 15 by Badlands

Why would leave a successful side with real chance of European Football and domestic trophies?

good rumor on Twitter that we're looking at both Besic & Bolasie from Everton.

As fun as it is to make up unbelievable rumors & post them on Twitter, we don't go from Declan John to Besic & Bolasie in the same window.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Any news ? on 12:14 - Aug 15 with 2328 viewsomarjack

Any news ? on 12:10 - Aug 15 by Badlands

Because, with Potter gone, Sema gone and Ghoddos is as good as gone. They won't really be competing much for trophies or Europa League qualifications.

Plus, Ostersunds wages are as low as 1k/wk or so. They'd definitely come for financial reasons, plus working under Potter again.

Any news ? on 12:19 - Aug 15 with 2312 viewskarnataka

Any news ? on 05:06 - Aug 14 by snork44

That is if we get anyone on or before the 31st of August. But knowing Statler and Waldorf aided and abetted by Huwbert it will be some nobody from the Calidonian league on a free and even then that would be ballsed up by Huw sending in the fax from the circa 1989 Motorola fax machine which probably sends the documentation to the Peruvian FA in Lima.

I'm going to Peru next May, I'll drop into their FA to see if I can find Huwbert's fax.
Any news ? on 13:41 - Aug 15 with 2175 viewsBadlands

Any news ? on 08:06 - Aug 15 by omarjack

I'm not complaining about our recruits and recruitment method. So far it's been good enough without a doubt. Celina, Dhanda, McKay (I'm surprised at how well this one is turning out) and Asoro have all impressed.

I just think our scouting is too concentrated in England, we're potentially missing out on better players who would cost the same or less.

Also, as an example, Ryan Woods is being overvalued by Brentford at 7 m. Because mainly he's English and that plays a big part in values increase. Maybe, with proper scouting, we can get our hands on a player who is even better for half the value, what do we know? I personally don't because I'm not a scout. But I feel like we're missing out.

Potter and ÖKT focussed on local(ish) players - it could be it was a Potter thing and he's carrying it on here!
Maybe looking ahead to post Brexit when all players from the EU may need work permits.

Any news ? on 14:51 - Aug 15 with 2094 viewsLoyal

Any news ? on 12:14 - Aug 15 by omarjack

Because, with Potter gone, Sema gone and Ghoddos is as good as gone. They won't really be competing much for trophies or Europa League qualifications.

Plus, Ostersunds wages are as low as 1k/wk or so. They'd definitely come for financial reasons, plus working under Potter again.

The only thing that comes for financial reasons is whatever slapper certain board members are hanging out of this week.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Any news ? on 15:22 - Aug 15 with 2035 viewsSwanseaman

Maybe Potter has high morals and wasn't prepared to scalp his old club.

But if that was the case, he must have excellent knowledge of players from other clubs. Martinez found some gems from Spain. His father had been a respected manager in the lower leagues, also wasn't Martinez a TV, or some type of pundit on the side or something?

Any news ? on 16:33 - Aug 15 with 1878 viewsawayjack

Leeds now in for Besic.
Any news ? on 17:01 - Aug 16 with 1578 viewsSwanseaman

“We are getting closer,” said the Swans manager.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-getting-closer-loan-deals

Any news ? on 17:06 - Aug 16 with 1554 viewslonglostjack

Any news ? on 17:01 - Aug 16 by Swanseaman

“We are getting closer,” said the Swans manager.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-getting-closer-loan-deals

Guy called Marvin Emnes apparently.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Any news ? on 19:10 - Aug 16 with 1424 viewsSenhin

Any news ? on 17:06 - Aug 16 by longlostjack

Guy called Marvin Emnes apparently.

*obligatory 'could still do a job' post...

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024