Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread 12:24 - Aug 13 with 41680 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 18:54]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 21:53 - Aug 17 with 2545 viewsBadlands

............ 29
22...... 25 ......... 20 ........ 30
..... 24 ............. 26
19 ........... 21 ........... 23
............ 22

If we stay up, keep this squad together and strengthen a little next season could be very good.

Enjoying Carlos' comments.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 21:56 - Aug 17 with 2493 viewsploppy

The pitch was poor I thought. Looked very green but it was very slow, like it hadn't been watered. When the ball bounced it looked like it was holding up. Not sure whether that suited us or not.
The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 21:58 - Aug 17 with 2459 viewsAnotherJohn

Good point, but the limitations of the squad are there for all to see. It is in the early hours where I am and I half wonder whether it was worth staying up. I couldn't get Swans TV tonight. I am not in the 'dark area' and when I tried the VPN on Singapore (which is listed as being dark) the Swans site still blocked me. This made me wonder if a VPN would work in the UK. However, it may be that the country of original registration is recorded and this determines access.
The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:02 - Aug 17 with 2370 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 21:56 - Aug 17 by ploppy

The pitch was poor I thought. Looked very green but it was very slow, like it hadn't been watered. When the ball bounced it looked like it was holding up. Not sure whether that suited us or not.

Obviously not.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:05 - Aug 17 with 2355 viewsBadlands

Another game where we played a very settled team that were familiar with each other.

Our side are still virtual strangers.

Did OK.

People saying Brum should have been out of sight by half time don't give enough credit to our defence and GK.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:11 - Aug 17 with 2280 viewsCaptain_Sham

We finished that game with 4 of last seasons U23s on the pitch. Joe Rodon has played 2 league games, (as has our 2nd string keeper- well almost) and they have both been clean sheets. Its really quite remarkable.

Its just a ride.

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:11 - Aug 17 with 2275 viewsmonmouth

Potters interview was excellent. Monk is an oily shit. Should have, could have, would have. As soon as Potter sussed him out they did pretty much f**k all against a green team that they were fouling and bullying at will.

It will be a tough old season, but survive this one, and I can see things getting a lot brighter as long as those yanks want to play ball.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:15 - Aug 17 with 2239 viewsairedale

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 20:58 - Aug 17 by A_Fans_Dad

Their Jota is a right handfull.

The bloke in the place tonight said how did they manage to get him, bearing in mind their transfer embargo and general crappiness.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:17 - Aug 17 with 2220 viewsherbie

3 games played with a young inexperienced squad and we have conceded one goal and have 7 points. I will take that. Great team spirit. Yes lots of mistakes but they will learn quickly. Need a few experienced signings to come In to help out. Another striker essential.
The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:19 - Aug 17 with 2201 viewsmajorraglan

‘‘Twas a bit like the Alamo, but they managed to get something out of the game. Leeds next up and tbh I expect more of the same. The board have to strengthen the squad, 7 points from 3, getting 1 toinight is a good return after the way they were outplayed for parts of the game. Time to back GP.
The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:19 - Aug 17 with 2201 viewsCooperman

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 21:50 - Aug 17 by omarjack

I'm actually embarrassed for the players, How shameful. If we were playing Leeds or Boro or some other top club away I'd be satisfied now. But Birmingham? We were so dominated it was horrible to witness.

The only positives were

Mulder: This guy has been a hidden gem we had all along. See how Huw's stocking on GKs policy has paid off? lol

Roberts:Tight as f*ck, Worked his @ss of trying to keep up with Maghoma.

Fer:When he came in,our midfield stopped leaking the way it was in the 1st half.

Celina:He's done a load of errors though, his crossing is poor, But he's a lovely dribbler.

Negatives:

F*ck me but where do I start?

Carroll:I don't think he's a bad player, he's just NOT a holding midfielder. He's a worse version of Celina, a back up alongside Dhanda,

Fulton:I honestly don't know what his contribution is supposed to be, he can't pass,can't defend,can't dribble..

McBurnie:We need a new CF right now,When I said how he's out of his depth I was ridiculed, Citing how great he was at Barnsley. I don't know how he pulled it off, but it's clear that he's not to be relied on for an entire campaign.

McKay:Abysmal today.

Olsson:That last crazy clearance of his was a random chance, He got lucky it wasn't an own goal. He was awful today. Jota tore him a new one (tidy player by the way)

We kept trying hoofing the ball to our short,weak pacy wingers over and over and over..This will never work in a 100 years. What happened to the attractive football we were promised under Potter?

I would have said Montero should have come in, but I doubt it would have made any difference, as we couldn't even get the ball to the forwards in the first place.

We were very lucky to get a point.

Leeds are gonna stuff us in few days.

VdH and Rodon are worthy of a mention too.
Four of the back five had good games.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:20 - Aug 17 with 2186 viewsCooperman

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 21:56 - Aug 17 by ploppy

Not. We’ve stroked it around reasonably well in the first two games so the last thing Birmingham would give us is a slick and zippy pitch.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:30 - Aug 17 with 2080 viewssainthelens

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 21:43 - Aug 17 by Captain_Sham

Has it fk. Everyone knows what we have got and what we must do. Temper expectation. Align our goals with Potters. Restructuring. Rebirth. There are no cracks any more. That whole team has blown apart.
We are, as yet, unformed. Brand new.
Cracks
LOL
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 21:54]

Jesus wept
Another plastic who knows fck all
The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:55 - Aug 17 with 1989 viewsCaptain_Sham

Potter’s men now have seven points on the board after three games of his Liberty reign, and the new manager reckons the Jack Army have played their part in securing that haul.
“The fans have been brilliant,” he added.
“I think they understand what we are trying to do and where we are now, and they have supported us brilliantly.
“They understand that a lot of players have left and that we are quite inexperienced at this level, but that the foundation in terms of players trying their best and working hard for the team is there.
“We just need to improve our process and our performance now, but that takes a bit of time.”
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 23:00]

Its just a ride.

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:06 - Aug 17 with 1937 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:15 - Aug 17 by airedale

The bloke in the place tonight said how did they manage to get him, bearing in mind their transfer embargo and general crappiness.

Jota musta notta costa lotta.

*with apologies to Joe Ely
The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:07 - Aug 17 with 1937 viewsGlyn1

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 22:55 - Aug 17 by Captain_Sham

Potter’s men now have seven points on the board after three games of his Liberty reign, and the new manager reckons the Jack Army have played their part in securing that haul.
“The fans have been brilliant,” he added.
“I think they understand what we are trying to do and where we are now, and they have supported us brilliantly.
“They understand that a lot of players have left and that we are quite inexperienced at this level, but that the foundation in terms of players trying their best and working hard for the team is there.
“We just need to improve our process and our performance now, but that takes a bit of time.”
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 23:00]

Wow. Am I the only one here who is happy with an away draw? So far we could have lost to the 3 teams we've played, so 7 points is brill.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 23:10]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:14 - Aug 17 with 1887 viewsCaptain_Sham

I don't know why you quoted me, I'm a bastion of positivity when it comes to the Swans. (Most of the time)

Its just a ride.

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:31 - Aug 17 with 1813 viewshuwjohn

0 shots on target in a premier game is one thing - 0 shots on target in the championship game is a real worry - 40 more points till we're safe - this is reality chaps !

Fulton and Carroll too weak. - Fer Made a difference !

7 pts is above expectations ! JACK ARMY !
The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:33 - Aug 17 with 1803 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Am I the only one that thought Birmingham played their style of football very well?
For instance their heading is at least 3 times better than ours, continually finding their own players, I suppose it could have been luck, but I doubt it.
The ref let them get away with quite a bit and they made the most of it as well, very professional fouling.
The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:39 - Aug 17 with 1786 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:33 - Aug 17 by A_Fans_Dad

Am I the only one that thought Birmingham played their style of football very well?
For instance their heading is at least 3 times better than ours, continually finding their own players, I suppose it could have been luck, but I doubt it.
The ref let them get away with quite a bit and they made the most of it as well, very professional fouling.

They are vintage Championship journeymen - Unlike ourselves
The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:46 - Aug 17 with 1760 viewsFireboy2

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:33 - Aug 17 by A_Fans_Dad

Being taller hepls

Only saying like
The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:53 - Aug 17 with 1740 viewsBrynCartwright

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:39 - Aug 17 by Al_Bundy

They are vintage Championship journeymen - Unlike ourselves

Gaining a point away at Birmingham is a safe, Conservative point. It is OK, but thought GP was a bit more adventurous than that. IF they are fit, then I thought A Dhanda and Montero injection would have been beneficial. Liked Roberts, the keeper and Vdh. All the rest were pretty average I thought, with every little fast, cohesive play to get the pulse racing. Hope Leeds don't shaft us.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:55 - Aug 17 with 1735 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:46 - Aug 17 by Fireboy2

Being taller hepls

Only saying like

We had plenty of headers, but they inevitably ended up going to one of their players and not one of ours.
I am not sure how much we practice directing headers.
The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 01:23 - Aug 18 with 1622 viewsswan65split

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:14 - Aug 17 by Captain_Sham

I don't know why you quoted me, I'm a bastion of positivity when it comes to the Swans. (Most of the time)

positivity is one thing. the actual facts are another
The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 08:32 - Aug 18 with 1403 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Birmingham City Vs Swansea City Championship Match Day Thread on 23:55 - Aug 17 by A_Fans_Dad

We had plenty of headers, but they inevitably ended up going to one of their players and not one of ours.
I am not sure how much we practice directing headers.

Helps if you have players finding space and wanting the ball...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024