Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mobile signal at the Liberty 19:35 - Aug 13 with 4218 viewsTenbySwan

I used to be on Three which was ok but moved to O2 last year and the signal at the Liberty is absolute cr#p . It says 4g but nothing loads.

More than a bit annoying as I like to keep up with other scores etc in sofascore app.

Does anybody else use 02 ? Does it work for you? Just wondering if it's my phone, Samsung S7.

Any advice gratefully received.

Btw. It would be good to get Wi-Fi at the stadium
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 19:36]
Mobile signal at the Liberty on 08:04 - Aug 14 with 1127 viewsItchySphincter

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 19:38 - Aug 13 by exiledclaseboy

I’m on O2 amd it’s very rare I can get any kind of internet access in the stadium. Most of the time I can’t send and/or receive texts either. F*ck knows why

Switch off your mobile data and your texts will go through. It is partly to do with the structure but mostly to do with the cell being over saturated. Go back to GSM and it will work.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 11:23]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 09:30 - Aug 14 with 1087 viewsiain84

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 21:55 - Aug 13 by Andy1300

same here, been on EE, Virgin and now BT, makes no difference

Its all on the EE network - Virgin and BT are virtual mobile networks which run off EE

There are 4 Mobile networks in the UK - EE - Vodaphone - 3 UK and O2

A mast has only so much capacity, come match day its unlikely there will be enough of it for you all so you may find you loose signal or have very slow data speeds due to congestion.

By default everyone will have their handset set to 4g so try put your handset on 2g/3g if you want to use data as 3g is less likely to be utilised.

Andriod general method - settings - mobile networks - network mode 2g/3g

Apple - settings - mobile data - 4g turn off

or if you want to text as suggested turn off mobile data

If you still want more information - the amount of people allowed on a mast is dependent on the number of facing cells its has and the frequencies which they use. The higher the frequency the more people that can connect, the problem with a higher frequency is that it has less penetration and range. Beyond frequency other key factors are how many masts are in the area with your provider and how many users are present.

If your interested in what frequencies your provider has its bellow

EE
800MHz (4G)

1800MHz (2G & 4G)

2100MHz (3G)

2600MHz (4G)

O2
800MHz (4G)

900MHz (2G & 3G)

1800MHz (2G)

2100MHz (3G)

Vodafone
800MHz (4G)

900MHz (2G & 3G)

1800MHz (2G)

2100MHz (3G)

2600MHz (4G)

Three
800MHz (4G)

1800MHz (4G)

2100MHz (3G)
Mobile signal at the Liberty on 09:35 - Aug 14 with 1082 viewsbuilthjack

How about watching the game and getting behind the team. Forget your phones for a couple of hours. Pees me off when people are on their phones all game. Why do they come there?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 09:43 - Aug 14 with 1074 viewsjacksfullaces

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 09:35 - Aug 14 by builthjack

How about watching the game and getting behind the team. Forget your phones for a couple of hours. Pees me off when people are on their phones all game. Why do they come there?

we live in a multimedia age. decent technology connections is not an unreasonable expectation. especially in leisure/hospitality sectors.

people's enjoyment of an event can often be supplemented by technology. (for some it might even be critical) Communications, opinions, betting, all can add a richness to the experience.

very judgemental ;)

you'll be complaining about people leaving early next, which incidentally, I don't get either ...
Mobile signal at the Liberty on 10:21 - Aug 14 with 1055 viewsUxbridge

I remember asking this question a few years ago, and basically it costs around 400k to install sufficient WiFi at the stadium. Obviously the masts can't cope with peak demand, although in time with 5G etc that may happen. We're some way away from that though.

Suspect it'd be some way down the priority list at the moment, but will raise it again.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 11:25 - Aug 14 with 1036 viewsItchySphincter

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 09:30 - Aug 14 by iain84

Its all on the EE network - Virgin and BT are virtual mobile networks which run off EE

There are 4 Mobile networks in the UK - EE - Vodaphone - 3 UK and O2

A mast has only so much capacity, come match day its unlikely there will be enough of it for you all so you may find you loose signal or have very slow data speeds due to congestion.

By default everyone will have their handset set to 4g so try put your handset on 2g/3g if you want to use data as 3g is less likely to be utilised.

Andriod general method - settings - mobile networks - network mode 2g/3g

Apple - settings - mobile data - 4g turn off

or if you want to text as suggested turn off mobile data

If you still want more information - the amount of people allowed on a mast is dependent on the number of facing cells its has and the frequencies which they use. The higher the frequency the more people that can connect, the problem with a higher frequency is that it has less penetration and range. Beyond frequency other key factors are how many masts are in the area with your provider and how many users are present.

If your interested in what frequencies your provider has its bellow

EE
800MHz (4G)

1800MHz (2G & 4G)

2100MHz (3G)

2600MHz (4G)

O2
800MHz (4G)

900MHz (2G & 3G)

1800MHz (2G)

2100MHz (3G)

Vodafone
800MHz (4G)

900MHz (2G & 3G)

1800MHz (2G)

2100MHz (3G)

2600MHz (4G)

Three
800MHz (4G)

1800MHz (4G)

2100MHz (3G)

Wot I said in three lines.

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 14:49 - Aug 14 with 989 viewsLord_Bony

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 10:21 - Aug 14 by Uxbridge

I remember asking this question a few years ago, and basically it costs around 400k to install sufficient WiFi at the stadium. Obviously the masts can't cope with peak demand, although in time with 5G etc that may happen. We're some way away from that though.

Suspect it'd be some way down the priority list at the moment, but will raise it again.

Would imagine it would be a lot cheaper and much more efficient these days.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 14:55 - Aug 14 with 979 viewsJackfath

I often get to the stadium early when there are very few people in there. The service is non existent then. Clearly not all to do with the volume of people trying to access.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 16:06 - Aug 14 with 949 viewsjackal

While we're on the subject of communication at the Llberty, can I moan about the p.a. system?

Kev speaks loudly and clearly and I can get every other word. But when he interviewed Potter and Trunds at the family day I literally didn't comprehend a single word.
Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:07 - Aug 14 with 890 viewsbuilthjack

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 16:06 - Aug 14 by jackal

While we're on the subject of communication at the Llberty, can I moan about the p.a. system?

Kev speaks loudly and clearly and I can get every other word. But when he interviewed Potter and Trunds at the family day I literally didn't comprehend a single word.

Also switch that loud music off 10 minutes before kick off. The east are trying to create an atmosphere only to be drowned out every game.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:17 - Aug 14 with 879 viewsAndy1300

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 09:35 - Aug 14 by builthjack

How about at half time?

jumping to conclusions there I think

Number 1 team in Wales

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:28 - Aug 14 with 873 viewsexiledclaseboy

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:17 - Aug 14 by Andy1300

How about at half time?

All I want to be able to do is check the scores at half time. I don’t think that makes me a bad person.

Poll: Tory leader

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:28 - Aug 14 with 872 viewsGaryjack

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 14:55 - Aug 14 by Jackfath

I often get to the stadium early when there are very few people in there. The service is non existent then. Clearly not all to do with the volume of people trying to access.

Getting to the ground early is not part of the 'real' matchday experience. You should be in the Railway until 2.55pm then run half pissed to the ground and join the 100+ queue at each turnstile. Upon entry, you have a quick pint and grab a burger or pie before making your way to your seat about 3.20pm, at 3.35pm you go back to the bar and shoot off a quick e-mail to the commercial dept that you missed K.O. due to the queue, have another few pints and return to your seat 15 minutes before the end of the game, think to yourself "This is a load of shite, and go back to the pub.

Vodafone works fine for me.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 20:29]
Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:31 - Aug 14 with 858 viewsbuilthjack

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:17 - Aug 14 by Andy1300

How about at half time?

They come up on the scoreboards every 15 minutes. Championship matches. Fair play to them.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 20:34]

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:32 - Aug 14 with 851 viewsAndy1300

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:31 - Aug 14 by builthjack

They come up on the scoreboards every 15 minutes. Championship matches. Fair play to them.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 20:34]

the divisions scores do, yes, but what if you have other things that you want/need to check?

jumping to conclusions again

Number 1 team in Wales

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:36 - Aug 14 with 843 viewsbuilthjack

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:32 - Aug 14 by Andy1300

the divisions scores do, yes, but what if you have other things that you want/need to check?

jumping to conclusions again

I am winding you up.
But do get a little peed off when people are on their phones all game.

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:37 - Aug 14 with 839 viewsAndy1300

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:36 - Aug 14 by builthjack

I am winding you up.
But do get a little peed off when people are on their phones all game.

If thats what they want to do rather than watch the game then so be it...

Number 1 team in Wales

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:43 - Aug 14 with 828 viewsbuilthjack

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:37 - Aug 14 by Andy1300

If thats what they want to do rather than watch the game then so be it...

Really? So go to a game and not watch it? Odd

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:46 - Aug 14 with 812 viewsHighjack

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 21:06 - Aug 13 by Elward

Signal will be generally bad in stadiums due to the nature of it. Your inside a structure surrounded by metal. So even though you will be showing full bars and 4G, it is getting obstructed. Next time test this yourself if you want. Stand by turnstiles, signal will work. Go up the stairs from concourse, nothing will load/send (or will be very slow). It's the same when you have office buildings that end up having work done that requires scarffolding etc.

If that were true then why do phones work in other faraday cages like cars and trains?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 21:00 - Aug 14 with 792 viewsinspector

i’m on vodafone and it’s been noticeably better since around xmas time. i can actually check the scores during the game and at half time (in the east).
Mobile signal at the Liberty on 21:04 - Aug 14 with 783 viewsAndy1300

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:43 - Aug 14 by builthjack

Really? So go to a game and not watch it? Odd

You seem to spend your time watching them watch their phones, whats the difference?

Number 1 team in Wales

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 21:08 - Aug 14 with 766 viewsbuilthjack

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 21:04 - Aug 14 by Andy1300

You seem to spend your time watching them watch their phones, whats the difference?

Haha. There was a guy next to me last season who was on his phone all game, so I could hardly not notice. He must have seen the light and thought why spend over £400 doing it. Hence he is not there this season.

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 21:12 - Aug 16 with 648 viewsItchySphincter

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:46 - Aug 14 by Highjack

If that were true then why do phones work in other faraday cages like cars and trains?

I wouldn't say the Liberty is a Faraday Cage.

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 02:20 - Aug 17 with 617 viewsDJack

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 20:46 - Aug 14 by Highjack

So there ya go >

"A common misconception is that a Faraday cage provides full blockage or attenuation; this is not true. The reception or transmission of radio waves, a form of electromagnetic radiation, to or from an antenna within a Faraday cage is heavily attenuated or blocked by the cage, however, a Faraday cage has varied attenuation depending on wave form, frequency or distance from receiver/transmitter, and receiver/transmitter power. Near-field high-powered frequency transmissions like HF RFID are more likely to penetrate. Solid cages generally attenuate fields over a broader range of frequencies than mesh cages."

Basically your point was just like many of your statements...no facts, just peoples misconceptions.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Mobile signal at the Liberty on 10:46 - Aug 17 with 596 viewsCatullus

I'm with 3 and never really had a problem, upper tier, East stand on the halfway line. I do check my phone a lot but mostly because my wife is epileptic and I have been called home several times. I do also check my bets!!...........and sometimes I leave early too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024