Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ll just leave this here 01:08 - Aug 14 with 5260 viewsHighjack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44850888

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

I’ll just leave this here on 01:52 - Aug 14 with 4116 viewsTheResurrection

"""Following relegation from the Premier League last season, Swansea and West Brom have reduced ticket prices despite having their TV income slashed and replaced by the first instalment of parachute payments.

Swansea will also continue to subsidise travelling members so they do not spend more than £20 for away tickets.

Unlike the Premier League, away tickets are not capped at £30 in the Championship and Swans chief operating officer Chris Pearlman readily admits it "may end up costing the club more".

"We would be nothing without the fans," he said. "The reality of the Premier League is that TV revenues have grown so significantly that it is disproportionate to not only every other league but also every other source of income within the Premier League.

"Having said that, a majority of that money is then invested back into the players."

Pearlman added that matchdays also generate the "greatest amount" in merchandise sales, with in stadium signage, local sponsorship deals and programme advertising all heavily dependant on fans attending games."""

I wonder how many will comment or even praise the Club for this?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

I’ll just leave this here on 06:39 - Aug 14 with 3958 viewsKilkennyjack

I’ll just leave this here on 01:52 - Aug 14 by TheResurrection

"""Following relegation from the Premier League last season, Swansea and West Brom have reduced ticket prices despite having their TV income slashed and replaced by the first instalment of parachute payments.

Swansea will also continue to subsidise travelling members so they do not spend more than £20 for away tickets.

Unlike the Premier League, away tickets are not capped at £30 in the Championship and Swans chief operating officer Chris Pearlman readily admits it "may end up costing the club more".

"We would be nothing without the fans," he said. "The reality of the Premier League is that TV revenues have grown so significantly that it is disproportionate to not only every other league but also every other source of income within the Premier League.

"Having said that, a majority of that money is then invested back into the players."

Pearlman added that matchdays also generate the "greatest amount" in merchandise sales, with in stadium signage, local sponsorship deals and programme advertising all heavily dependant on fans attending games."""

Its a better use of funds than paying your mate Big Nose £600,000 per year after relegation.

Have you sent any threatening DM’s today ?

Embarrassing mun. 🤡

Beware of the Risen People

I’ll just leave this here on 09:45 - Aug 14 with 3672 viewsSlugster664

I’ll just leave this here on 06:39 - Aug 14 by Kilkennyjack

Its a better use of funds than paying your mate Big Nose £600,000 per year after relegation.

Have you sent any threatening DM’s today ?

Embarrassing mun. 🤡

£30 to watch the Swans vs PNE last Saturday 🤔 After scrapping my ST I thought I'd go to the first home game, not for £30 though.

DM? What is a DM? I thought PM was a Private Message?

STID

I’ll just leave this here on 10:10 - Aug 14 with 3576 viewsE20Jack

Of course they won't.

Praise the club? Only trolls do that apparently, real fans criticise it at every given opportunity, and if they don't then they should.

Backward logic to you and I is normal logic elsewhere. As a poster from here says often:-

Just Smile.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

I’ll just leave this here on 10:13 - Aug 14 with 3560 viewswaynekerr55

"We would be nothing without the fans"

A step in the right direction and they should be praised for this. However - actions speaketh louder than words. Let's keep this up!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

I’ll just leave this here on 10:18 - Aug 14 with 3523 viewsBadlands

I’ll just leave this here on 09:45 - Aug 14 by Slugster664

£30 to watch the Swans vs PNE last Saturday 🤔 After scrapping my ST I thought I'd go to the first home game, not for £30 though.

Why ditch the ST?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

I’ll just leave this here on 10:19 - Aug 14 with 3508 viewsbuilthjack

I’ll just leave this here on 09:45 - Aug 14 by Slugster664

Just buy them off here for £20 or less

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

I’ll just leave this here on 10:23 - Aug 14 with 3482 viewsjacksfullaces

ticketing prices for jack army members (£20 to join per adult or child in addition to these) seems just about ok this season for the regular but non season ticket holding fans.

and as pearlman says, the add ons from higher attendances should help them.

mark down tickets, mark up pies may be the way forward for the subtle businessman.

or perhaps, this is nothing to get overly excited about either way, can't believe it would be anything to argue over, surely ???
Login to get fewer ads

I’ll just leave this here on 10:26 - Aug 14 with 3452 viewsE20Jack

I’ll just leave this here on 10:23 - Aug 14 by jacksfullaces

ticketing prices for jack army members (£20 to join per adult or child in addition to these) seems just about ok this season for the regular but non season ticket holding fans.

mark down tickets, mark up pies may be the way forward for the subtle businessman.

or perhaps, this is nothing to get overly excited about either way, can't believe it would be anything to argue over, surely ???

Do we know the average ticket prices for away tickets in this league?

edit:-

The average most expensive away ticket in the Championship is £31.69, compared to £29.50 in the top flight. Fans travelling to Sheffield Wednesday can pay up to £42 for their ticket.

The average cheapest cost of an away ticket is £22.42.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 10:31]

I’ll just leave this here on 10:31 - Aug 14 with 3416 viewsjacksfullaces

I’ll just leave this here on 10:26 - Aug 14 by E20Jack

Do we know the average ticket prices for away tickets in this league?

edit:-

The average most expensive away ticket in the Championship is £31.69, compared to £29.50 in the top flight. Fans travelling to Sheffield Wednesday can pay up to £42 for their ticket.

The average cheapest cost of an away ticket is £22.42.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 10:31]

dunno .. leeds is pretty high.

I think if you go to every away game there will be some decent savings.

for the casual away fan less so.

and if you are not a jackarmy member you wouldn't get the benefits of these anyway.
I’ll just leave this here on 10:32 - Aug 14 with 3402 viewsbluenile

My season ticket cost wasn't reduced!! Does that mean I'm due a refund?? Answers on a postcard from The Resurrection please...................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

I’ll just leave this here on 10:33 - Aug 14 with 3382 viewsE20Jack

I’ll just leave this here on 10:31 - Aug 14 by jacksfullaces

dunno .. leeds is pretty high.

I think if you go to every away game there will be some decent savings.

for the casual away fan less so.

and if you are not a jackarmy member you wouldn't get the benefits of these anyway.

Considering the average decent ticket is over 31 quid. signing up to JA means you make a saving if you even go twice.

Our tickets are 20 across the board (there is no expensive and cheap seats) meaning our most expensive ticket is less than the average cheap one.

I think its fantastic.

I’ll just leave this here on 10:37 - Aug 14 with 3353 viewsE20Jack

I’ll just leave this here on 10:32 - Aug 14 by bluenile

My season ticket cost wasn't reduced!! Does that mean I'm due a refund?? Answers on a postcard from The Resurrection please...................

How much did you pay?

You get an extra 4 games. Works out at about 19 quid a game.

Again, fantastic value.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 10:39]

I’ll just leave this here on 10:39 - Aug 14 with 3346 viewsbuilthjack

I’ll just leave this here on 10:23 - Aug 14 by jacksfullaces

Go to Rossi's for your pie

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

I’ll just leave this here on 10:46 - Aug 14 with 3300 viewsjacksfullaces

I’ll just leave this here on 10:39 - Aug 14 by builthjack

Go to Rossi's for your pie

that sounds like fighting talk to me ;)
I’ll just leave this here on 11:07 - Aug 14 with 3226 viewsSlugster664

I’ll just leave this here on 10:18 - Aug 14 by Badlands

Why ditch the ST?

Not been happy with things for 3-4 years, felt robbed giving the yanks 450 quid when they aren't putting anything in...may start doing away trips though

STID

I’ll just leave this here on 11:08 - Aug 14 with 3206 viewsE20Jack

I’ll just leave this here on 11:07 - Aug 14 by Slugster664

Not been happy with things for 3-4 years, felt robbed giving the yanks 450 quid when they aren't putting anything in...may start doing away trips though

What do you mean by ''not putting anything in''?

I’ll just leave this here on 11:14 - Aug 14 with 3178 viewsthornabyswan

I’ll just leave this here on 10:37 - Aug 14 by E20Jack

How much did you pay?

You get an extra 4 games. Works out at about 19 quid a game.

Again, fantastic value.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 10:39]

Indeed it is I went to watch Spenymoor v Darlington national league North last week £14.
Can't complain at 420 for a season or 26.50 for a home game with Jackarmy membership.
£20 for an away game all seems very good value to me.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

I’ll just leave this here on 11:20 - Aug 14 with 3142 viewsSenhin

I don't think they reduced them. Maybe they mean single tickets?

I didn't end up getting a season ticket as it was still 480ish and my friend didn't want to spend that much, especially with lore midweek games know, due to how many we would probably miss through work.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

I’ll just leave this here on 11:21 - Aug 14 with 3132 viewsItchySphincter

You get an extra four games.

Work it out.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 11:22]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

I’ll just leave this here on 12:01 - Aug 14 with 3023 viewsBarrySwan

I'm a little unsure as to why those travelling away should have subsidised tickets as opposed to those who attend home games.

If anyone wishes to travel to an away game then just do it and pay what it costs. You make your choice as to whether you are prepared to fork out that cost just like any other activity we all either do or decide not to, due to logistics or costs.

If there are funds available for ticket subsidies lets see them handed out over all ticket prices, not just for 'The Real Fans' who decide to travel away.

Ideally if there are reciprocal agreements agreed before or during the season for reduced costs between a number of clubs for away fans ticket prices then that would be ideal rather than a club diverting much needed funds subsidising just a section of the clubs support.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 12:04]
I’ll just leave this here on 12:09 - Aug 14 with 2970 viewssherpajacob

£6M profit before any fans go through the turnstile.

Any decent midfield players we could have bought for that money?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

I’ll just leave this here on 12:12 - Aug 14 with 2939 viewsomarjack

I’ll just leave this here on 12:09 - Aug 14 by sherpajacob

With a 6 m profit? maybe..

But a decent midfielder who'd have cost 6.5 m? no way..

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

I’ll just leave this here on 12:17 - Aug 14 with 2905 viewsairedale

I’ll just leave this here on 12:09 - Aug 14 by sherpajacob

0.8?
I’ll just leave this here on 12:53 - Aug 14 with 2786 viewsJonathans_coat

It’s clear why matchday fans don’t seem very important to PL clubs, it’s because financially we aren’t really that important.

I wonder if we will see an improved attitude towards fans now that we provide more like 20% of the clubs revenue instead of the less than 10%?

I doubt it, we know from experience that the board don’t care about you until you reach 25% don’t we?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024