Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unemployment lowest for 40 years 10:03 - Aug 14 with 7475 viewspikeypaul

Well done Theresa

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45181079

Grest to see the country working.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 15:10 - Aug 16 with 1647 viewsHighjack

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 11:39 - Aug 16 by felixstowe_jack

There are now 829,000 vacancies in the UK! This must mean two things either the 1,360,000 unemployed do not have qualifications to do these jobs or they would rather not work.

Or thirdly most of those vacancies are in London and the South East and the unemployed people are elsewhere where the Governments don't give a shyt about.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 15:46 - Aug 16 with 1635 viewsDJack

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 15:10 - Aug 16 by Highjack

Or thirdly most of those vacancies are in London and the South East and the unemployed people are elsewhere where the Governments don't give a shyt about.

I was going to post something similar but couldn't be asked to converse with him. Felixstowe_jack makes me look like an intellectual and by Christ is that an achievement.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 15:58 - Aug 16 with 1624 viewsHighjack

It’s true there are a lot of people who choose not to work but they won’t be included in unemployment figures because they’re usually feigning some sort of disability.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 17:01 - Aug 16 with 1605 viewsDJack

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 15:58 - Aug 16 by Highjack

It’s true there are a lot of people who choose not to work but they won’t be included in unemployment figures because they’re usually feigning some sort of disability.

Please define " a lot". Pplease give us the percentage of people "feigning some sort of disability" against both the unemployed numbers and against the number of legitimate disabled. Please, please, please give us a citation, ta.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 17:16 - Aug 16 with 1590 viewspikeypaul

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 15:10 - Aug 16 by Highjack

Where do you get that most of the 800,000 vacancies are in London from?

Or are you just guessing?

The rate of unemployment in percentage terms around London is similar to the rest of the country.

Telling us all what we already know that there is a hardcore who do not want to work wherever you go in the UK.

Anyone can see that.

There are plenty of jobs out there 800,000+ so no reason for anyone not to work apart from laziness and being better off begging from the rest of us.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 17:24 - Aug 16 with 1578 viewsEbo

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 17:16 - Aug 16 by pikeypaul

Where do you get that most of the 800,000 vacancies are in London from?

Or are you just guessing?

The rate of unemployment in percentage terms around London is similar to the rest of the country.

Telling us all what we already know that there is a hardcore who do not want to work wherever you go in the UK.

Anyone can see that.

There are plenty of jobs out there 800,000+ so no reason for anyone not to work apart from laziness and being better off begging from the rest of us.

You are an utter selfish scumbag.

Try working hard every week where your hours are random and you have to rely on benefits to pay a bill or feed your kids yet you are classified as 'employed' when you are not fully employed but less than part time some weeks. That's how this govt is fiddling figures, that and those that are out of the system through sanctions.

You are thick as pigshit if not thicker.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 22:01 - Aug 18 with 1524 viewsCatullus

Maybe I am one of those feigning disability, after all the DWP says I'm fit to work although no one will give me a job. I put that down to being on the waiting list for 2 operations having been medically retired 7 years ago but the main operation (hip replacement, been on the list 3 years now) has been delayed because other problems keep coming up. Like in November when I had stomach pains and tests showed I had Non alcoholic steatohepatitis and was close to cirrhosis.........maybe I should try harder to find a job?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 22:20 - Aug 18 with 1510 viewsJack_Meoff

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 22:01 - Aug 18 by Catullus

Maybe I am one of those feigning disability, after all the DWP says I'm fit to work although no one will give me a job. I put that down to being on the waiting list for 2 operations having been medically retired 7 years ago but the main operation (hip replacement, been on the list 3 years now) has been delayed because other problems keep coming up. Like in November when I had stomach pains and tests showed I had Non alcoholic steatohepatitis and was close to cirrhosis.........maybe I should try harder to find a job?

Best wishes to you pal, I've read about the treatment of UK citizens due to the government hiring firms like ATOS and Maximus to do the WCA. it's beyond hideous. I've also read it costs more to hire these firms than it costs to give DLA/PIP to those that need it. Reeks of ideological profiteering. Just how F8cked up do things need to get before people wake up to these criminals?!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Login to get fewer ads

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 10:24 - Aug 19 with 1451 viewspikeypaul

It's very funny how some on here hate the fact that we have record employment.

It's as if they would prefer we had mass unemployment like when Labour were in office just so they had a stick to beat the Tories with,instead they resort to meaningless insults since they have nothing of any substance to actually say,no wonder the likes of Ebo make up the losers of society.

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 10:46 - Aug 19 with 1445 viewsCatullus

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 10:24 - Aug 19 by pikeypaul

It's as if they would prefer we had mass unemployment like when Labour were in office just so they had a stick to beat the Tories with,instead they resort to meaningless insults since they have nothing of any substance to actually say,no wonder the likes of Ebo make up the losers of society.

I don't hate record employment. I do hate zero hours contracts, low wages (especially when CEO's get above inflation rises and massive bonuses) and I hate the vilification of people on welfare......saying that I accept there are welfare cheats BUT there is more money lost to tax avoidance by the rich than gained by welfare cheats.
Conversely, I hate what Labour did to this country and I think Corbyn's plans will bankrupt us.
Just because I disagree a lot with what the Tories do, don't put me down as a Labour supporter and look at the situation. The country is in a mess, unless you are one of the rich and priviliged, and neither Tory nor Labour has helped. The rich keep getting richer and the poor, poorer. Labour spent too much, caused a massive rise in debt and a huge deficit, the Tories have improved things slightly but they cut taxes for the rich and corporations and made poor people worse off. All those extra people in work probably still need to claim welfare too.
For the record, I think child benefit, winter fuel allowance, bus passes....pretty much alluniversal benefits should be means tested and the minimujm wage should be high enough so people don't need tax credits, which should be abolished. All tax cvredits do is enable low pay so the rich take a bigger slice of profits, it's a mess.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 10:53 - Aug 19 with 1439 viewspikeypaul

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 10:46 - Aug 19 by Catullus

I don't hate record employment. I do hate zero hours contracts, low wages (especially when CEO's get above inflation rises and massive bonuses) and I hate the vilification of people on welfare......saying that I accept there are welfare cheats BUT there is more money lost to tax avoidance by the rich than gained by welfare cheats.
Conversely, I hate what Labour did to this country and I think Corbyn's plans will bankrupt us.
Just because I disagree a lot with what the Tories do, don't put me down as a Labour supporter and look at the situation. The country is in a mess, unless you are one of the rich and priviliged, and neither Tory nor Labour has helped. The rich keep getting richer and the poor, poorer. Labour spent too much, caused a massive rise in debt and a huge deficit, the Tories have improved things slightly but they cut taxes for the rich and corporations and made poor people worse off. All those extra people in work probably still need to claim welfare too.
For the record, I think child benefit, winter fuel allowance, bus passes....pretty much alluniversal benefits should be means tested and the minimujm wage should be high enough so people don't need tax credits, which should be abolished. All tax cvredits do is enable low pay so the rich take a bigger slice of profits, it's a mess.

Great reply,thank you very much for taking the time.

At least somebody is level headed and can see the true situation both past and present

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 14:31 - Aug 19 with 1421 viewsHighjack

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 22:01 - Aug 18 by Catullus

Well you’re clearly not one of those feigning illness.

In my previous employment I was heavily involved in recruitment and the number of people who used to turn up for interviews with absolutely no interest in being successful was out of control. It wasted everybody’s time. I even had one woman admit she didn’t want the job she was just here for the interview for her Jobseeker’s Allowance.

There are so many people fiddling the system in this country and you know what? Good luck to them. They are the smart ones. Why bother going to work for a pittance and still struggle for cash when you can have it all for free?

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 15:30 - Aug 19 with 1391 viewsEbo

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 10:24 - Aug 19 by pikeypaul

I’ll ask you again, how many of those “In work” figures include zero hour work? Also the people who are sanctioned so therefore out of the system?
Mays figures are total dogshit.

Btw I’m no loser pal.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 19:38 - Aug 19 with 1363 views100onZero

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 17:24 - Aug 16 by Ebo

You are an utter selfish scumbag.

Try working hard every week where your hours are random and you have to rely on benefits to pay a bill or feed your kids yet you are classified as 'employed' when you are not fully employed but less than part time some weeks. That's how this govt is fiddling figures, that and those that are out of the system through sanctions.

You are thick as pigshit if not thicker.

"Oh you worked 3 hours last week on your lovely zero hour contract? Yes another one is employed. If we keep going like this we'll soon have record levels of employment" Said one senior tory , when asked for comment.

Have to agree he really is that thick.
Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 21:32 - Aug 19 with 1334 viewsLeonWasGod

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 10:46 - Aug 19 by Catullus

Well said. Although I disagree with your stance around national debt. The Tories haven’t improved this at all - quite the opposite as debt is at least 50-60% more than when they came into power. They’ve failed to capture and profit from a global upturn, largely because their policies and actions have retarded growth. But more importantly they still screw over the poorer and vulnerable, and not because of national debt, that’s more an excuse to implement their policies that help the rich get richer. They had no problem creating £50bn to cover their arses over the referendum. Similarly when they bail out the banks they can find the money.

I’ve never voted Labour, and wasn’t keen on a lot of what they did either, but the poor and essential public services seemed in much better hands back then.
Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 21:40 - Aug 19 with 1328 viewsCatullus

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 21:32 - Aug 19 by LeonWasGod

Well said. Although I disagree with your stance around national debt. The Tories haven’t improved this at all - quite the opposite as debt is at least 50-60% more than when they came into power. They’ve failed to capture and profit from a global upturn, largely because their policies and actions have retarded growth. But more importantly they still screw over the poorer and vulnerable, and not because of national debt, that’s more an excuse to implement their policies that help the rich get richer. They had no problem creating £50bn to cover their arses over the referendum. Similarly when they bail out the banks they can find the money.

I’ve never voted Labour, and wasn’t keen on a lot of what they did either, but the poor and essential public services seemed in much better hands back then.

Debt would keep rising until the deficit was cleared but yes, part of the plan there was to use it as an excuse for austerity, to vilify welfare claimants, make cuts everywhere but give tax cuts to the rich.
Labour sold our gold off dirt cheap, squandered huge sums of money, took us into an illegal war which cost billions............I could be here all night listing what both parties got wrong but I struggle to find very much they got right. The last 40 years has been fairly rubbish!

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 22:10 - Aug 19 with 1305 viewspeenemunde

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 19:38 - Aug 19 by 100onZero

"Oh you worked 3 hours last week on your lovely zero hour contract? Yes another one is employed. If we keep going like this we'll soon have record levels of employment" Said one senior tory , when asked for comment.

Have to agree he really is that thick.

If someone doesn’t want to be on a zero hr contract, how about they get themselves trained in a particular skill, or even better their education.
Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 23:20 - Aug 19 with 1291 views100onZero

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 22:10 - Aug 19 by peenemunde

If someone doesn’t want to be on a zero hr contract, how about they get themselves trained in a particular skill, or even better their education.

What happens when they cant stay in education because they don't have the financial backing to do so? What about people who have training but can't get a job in their particular field because the only jobs available are customer service jobs or call centres? What do they do when employers hold all the cards and say you can have zero hours or nothing? These people want to work so will take any opportunity given to them. Also you are either the most persistent WUM I've ever seen on here, or the biggest kunt. So fack you.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 23:22]
Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 01:33 - Aug 20 with 1272 viewsDJack

What happens if their poverty has "locked them in" with their employer so that their hours and poor wages preclude any further training?

What are your earned qualifications?

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 02:34 - Aug 20 with 1264 viewsDJack

Further info for you:

"Low-earning parents working full-time are still unable to earn enough to provide their family with a basic, no-frills lifestyle, research has found.

A couple on the National Living Wage with two children would be £49 a week short of the income needed, according to the Child Poverty Action Group.

For a single parent it was worse, with them £74 a week short of the minimum income needed, the charity said.

The National Living Wage is currently £7.83 an hour for those aged over 25.

The government said fewer families were living in absolute poverty.

"The employment rate is at a near-record high and the National Living Wage has delivered the highest pay increase for the lowest paid in 20 years, worth £2,000 extra per year for a full-time worker," she added.

But Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG) said gains from modest increases in wages had been "clawed back" through the freezing of tax credits.

Rising prices and changes to various benefit schemes had also "hit family budgets hard", it said.

Improving
The charity's Cost of a Child report, however, showed an improvement on last year when couples were £59 per week short of the income needed for a minimum standard of living.

The overall cost for a couple raising a first child until they are 18 also fell from £155,100 to £150,800, according to the report which is based on research from Loughborough University.

It calculates the income required for a minimum standard of living based on essentials such as food, clothes and accommodation as well as other costs required to take part in society.

The cost of bringing up children was heavily influenced by childcare, with full-time childcare accounting for almost half the total sum.

CPAG's chief executive Alison Garnham said there was "strong public support" for the government to top up the wages of low-paid parents.

She urged the government to use November's Budget to "unfreeze benefits and restore work allowances".

"Income from work alone is not sufficient to enable some to meet their families' needs to escape poverty and the cost of a child is substantial," she added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45242008

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 06:03 - Aug 20 with 1251 viewspeenemunde

What has that got to do with my previous post.
Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 12:40 - Aug 20 with 1216 viewsCatullus

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 02:34 - Aug 20 by DJack

Further info for you:

"Low-earning parents working full-time are still unable to earn enough to provide their family with a basic, no-frills lifestyle, research has found.

A couple on the National Living Wage with two children would be £49 a week short of the income needed, according to the Child Poverty Action Group.

For a single parent it was worse, with them £74 a week short of the minimum income needed, the charity said.

The National Living Wage is currently £7.83 an hour for those aged over 25.

The government said fewer families were living in absolute poverty.

"The employment rate is at a near-record high and the National Living Wage has delivered the highest pay increase for the lowest paid in 20 years, worth £2,000 extra per year for a full-time worker," she added.

But Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG) said gains from modest increases in wages had been "clawed back" through the freezing of tax credits.

Rising prices and changes to various benefit schemes had also "hit family budgets hard", it said.

Improving
The charity's Cost of a Child report, however, showed an improvement on last year when couples were £59 per week short of the income needed for a minimum standard of living.

The overall cost for a couple raising a first child until they are 18 also fell from £155,100 to £150,800, according to the report which is based on research from Loughborough University.

It calculates the income required for a minimum standard of living based on essentials such as food, clothes and accommodation as well as other costs required to take part in society.

The cost of bringing up children was heavily influenced by childcare, with full-time childcare accounting for almost half the total sum.

CPAG's chief executive Alison Garnham said there was "strong public support" for the government to top up the wages of low-paid parents.

She urged the government to use November's Budget to "unfreeze benefits and restore work allowances".

"Income from work alone is not sufficient to enable some to meet their families' needs to escape poverty and the cost of a child is substantial," she added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45242008

This is why I don't like the rich getting any welfare. Means test everything and people who don't need the money won't be plunged into poverty but share that money out with the poorest and it will help taise them out of poverty.
Should premier league footballers get child benefit? Should a billionaire get winter heating allowance? Should someone earning 200k a year get disability benefits? Why are we giving any welfare payments to rich people?

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 22:13 - Aug 21 with 1141 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 15:30 - Aug 19 by Ebo

I’ll ask you again, how many of those “In work” figures include zero hour work? Also the people who are sanctioned so therefore out of the system?
Mays figures are total dogshit.

Btw I’m no loser pal.

The number on zero hours contracts has reduced by half to 780,000 . Actual hours work by people on zero hour contracts is 32 hour per week. That includes a lot of people who only want to work part time.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 22:20 - Aug 21 with 1138 viewsLeonWasGod

Have you seen the price of tertiary education these days?

This thread is so depressing. Lies, damn lies and statistics springs to mind.
Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 00:27 - Aug 22 with 1113 viewsLoyal

Unemployment lowest for 40 years on 12:40 - Aug 20 by Catullus

This is why I don't like the rich getting any welfare. Means test everything and people who don't need the money won't be plunged into poverty but share that money out with the poorest and it will help taise them out of poverty.
Should premier league footballers get child benefit? Should a billionaire get winter heating allowance? Should someone earning 200k a year get disability benefits? Why are we giving any welfare payments to rich people?

Democracy mun.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024