Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? 11:24 - Aug 14 with 3210 viewstrampie

I think any Union Jacks in the Swansea end are also an insult.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 18:48 - Aug 14 with 756 viewstrampie

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 18:24 - Aug 14 by Oldjack

you're all British ,you have a British passport and you'll fight and die for the British forces ,get over it ffs mun

Yes the Welsh are the real Britons.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 19:14 - Aug 14 with 730 viewstrampie

When people are expected to swear allegiance to the English royal family are they swearing allegiance to Saxe-Coburg and Gotha or to Hesse-Darmstadt or to the whole of Deutschland ? or to an individual with connections to those places...………………..hmm

With England and its Monarchy and its state religion if you are not from that background its very hard to figure out what's going on.

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 19:22 - Aug 14 with 720 viewsraynor94

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 18:13 - Aug 14 by Dewi1jack

????

Suggest you look up the history of the Union as far as Great Britain/ United Kingdom/ British Isles is concerned

Only thing i find insulting the Welsh in me is people like Trampie demanding things like I can't be Welsh British, only Welsh or British.
Like many, I took the Queens £5 (not old enough to have taken the Shilling. Was only 7 when it went out of service!!) and consider myself both.

Those of you prissy little snowflakes who get offended by a flag really need to man up a bit.
God save the Queen

And you Feinian loving c**ts can go fuk spiders as well

Superb post Dewi, I doff my cap to you, I'm Welsh and British, and always will be

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 19:30 - Aug 14 with 702 viewstrampie

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 18:33 - Aug 14 by Chief

I suggest you do some research yourself mate. Wales hasn't been a signatory in any Act of Union.

Indeed.

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 19:38 - Aug 14 with 684 viewsplasjack

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 19:30 - Aug 14 by trampie

Indeed.

We are talking centuries ago, lets go back to the stone age and live in caves.
68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 19:40 - Aug 14 with 683 viewsphact0rri

I know I don't live in the country anymore so what do I know. But for me, I really dislike it when people point out Union Jacks and go "look your flag" or otherwise point it out to me, as being what people identify the UK (and wales for in my case). I honestly don't think it'd bother me as much if I still lived in Wales or the UK. But it can really grait on my nerves knowing what people show me as "for my country" does not represent me or my flag, as it does the other host nations.

I couldn't tell you why. as it doesn't bother me so much when I have to tell people where wales is, or that we are not part of england, and that we have our own language, flag, and anthem. But there's something about the Union Jack that bothers me, especially when people point it out to me.

I should note I don't have much of a welsh accent anymore, so its not like people would be able to pick out where in the UK (or the world I'm from) as its complete garbage the sound of my voice... so it tends to be people who know me.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 19:41 - Aug 14 with 681 viewsEasternJack

I used to think like the OP until I spent the last 15 years and counting working all over the world. Looking at the state of most countries, I’m now proud to be British. There’s more that unites us than divides us when you look at the bigger picture.

And not that it matters, but I come from a Welsh 1st Language background and an political upbringing (with MPs in the immediate family) that was intensely nationalist

Break free from this parochial bullshIt
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 19:45]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 19:46 - Aug 14 with 672 viewsItchySphincter

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 18:24 - Aug 14 by Oldjack

you're all British ,you have a British passport and you'll fight and die for the British forces ,get over it ffs mun

Well Sam Anal.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 19:55 - Aug 14 with 654 viewsBadlands

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 18:13 - Aug 14 by Dewi1jack

????

Suggest you look up the history of the Union as far as Great Britain/ United Kingdom/ British Isles is concerned

Only thing i find insulting the Welsh in me is people like Trampie demanding things like I can't be Welsh British, only Welsh or British.
Like many, I took the Queens £5 (not old enough to have taken the Shilling. Was only 7 when it went out of service!!) and consider myself both.

Those of you prissy little snowflakes who get offended by a flag really need to man up a bit.
God save the Queen

And you Feinian loving c**ts can go fuk spiders as well

Why is someone who is Welsh, identifies as Welsh and nothing else from a country that has never signed an agreement 'snowflake".
Yet,pansies who bow the knee to God's chosen head of state of an oppressor nation aren't prepared to consider themselves European - a union that their beloved 'UK&NI' has signed up to and been responsible for shaping for 40 years?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 20:12 - Aug 14 with 640 viewstrampie

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 19:41 - Aug 14 by EasternJack

I used to think like the OP until I spent the last 15 years and counting working all over the world. Looking at the state of most countries, I’m now proud to be British. There’s more that unites us than divides us when you look at the bigger picture.

And not that it matters, but I come from a Welsh 1st Language background and an political upbringing (with MPs in the immediate family) that was intensely nationalist

Break free from this parochial bullshIt
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 19:45]

We are tied to a country that is the dominant country within the union due to its huge population a country that refuses to modernise, the union is slipping further and further down best of breed league tables every year, they still have a Monarchy and a state religion in this day and age, they vote for survival of the fittest and get on your bike policies.
They are in the process of isolating us from the rest of Europe (don't forget they make up something like a quarter of the Welsh population).
We are getting dragged backwards by the larger more powerful entity, they are taking us down the Thatcher route at a rate of knots whether it's the Conservatives or Labour.

We need to do our best to stand up for our values and our identity, we don't want to become West Anglia or Waleshire or West Gloucestershire.

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 20:17 - Aug 14 with 636 viewspencoedjack

One thing for sure there will be no Lee Rigby hating Irish flag wavers in the CL this season
68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 20:27 - Aug 14 with 624 viewstrampie

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 20:17 - Aug 14 by pencoedjack

One thing for sure there will be no Lee Rigby hating Irish flag wavers in the CL this season

If that was to happen Brit Nats will be devastated if a British team get knocked out.

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 20:27 - Aug 14 with 624 viewsowainglyndwr

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 19:22 - Aug 14 by raynor94

Superb post Dewi, I doff my cap to you, I'm Welsh and British, and always will be

I do think that it's about time that Wales is recognised by the Union by being represented.
While a made up country of N Ireland is.
68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 20:29 - Aug 14 with 616 viewstrampie

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 20:27 - Aug 14 by owainglyndwr

I do think that it's about time that Wales is recognised by the Union by being represented.
While a made up country of N Ireland is.

That go's without saying for lots of Welsh people.

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 21:37 - Aug 14 with 585 viewsAl_Bundy

Mundane non footie post.... !
68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 21:39 - Aug 14 with 582 viewsBloodyhills

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 11:33 - Aug 14 by A_Fans_Dad

So it was 68% of what group of people?
The Union Jack is for the UK, which Wales just happens to be part of, but if you think Wales shouldn't be part of it or celebrate being in it then :-
Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham & Newport should surely withdraw from the English Football League, shouldn't they.
How about withdrawing all the Welsh Rugby Teams from playing in the English Rugy League as well.
Oh and don't forget about the Cricket.

I can't think of any Welsh Rugby Union teams playing in English Leagues.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

68% say the Union Jack is an insult to Wales ? on 21:47 - Aug 14 with 577 viewsBloodyhills

I think flying the union jack for the world cup was a bit loony as the United Kingdom wasn't in it. As for the other things, although I am not into Trooping the Colour etc, I don't see it as an insult, after all, Wales is a part of the UK.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024