Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carrol 13:23 - Aug 14 with 5586 viewsJFSwan

Slipped under the radar a bit in the Preston match analysis.

I thought he moved the ball well and with urgency. Having a left footer helps balance the midfield and set off attacks for the left fullback & left midfielder with the natural shape of the pass.

Gets a lot of stick but will be more than decent in this division
Tom Carrol on 13:27 - Aug 14 with 4423 viewsomarjack

Yes..Carroll is a decent championship midfielder. I think we can do better than him but he can add much needed depth to the midfield.

Many idiots on here are like "Oh my! He'll be bullied by the great-built world class midfielder in the championship! He's tooooo lightweight for the division. The championship is more physical than the PL!"..etc etc..It's all loads of sh!t..He'll do just fine.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 13:29]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Tom Carrol on 13:37 - Aug 14 with 4340 viewsKerouac

I have always liked him, was hung out to dry a bit last season.
A young player who is a ball player, a playmaker, needs confidence and the right structure in midfield.
The issue last season was that none of the senior players were able to step up and win the battle in midfield...Carroll has never been that type of player and, frankly, it wasn't his responsibility to try and be.
Fer isn't a DM but tried his very best to get stuck in when he played.

The players who let us down were Ki and Clucas...I was amazed that Mesa wasn't given a fair crack to show us what he could do in that context.

What really sticks in the throat is that after being backed, given the game time, and failing to step up to the plate Ki and Clucas then couldn't get out of here quick enough...they both went out of their way to ensure that they profited from their moves and Swansea City didn't.

Tom Carroll will be an asset in this division and still has plenty of time to improve further.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Tom Carrol on 13:43 - Aug 14 with 4287 viewsjasper_T

Tom Carrol on 13:27 - Aug 14 by omarjack

Yes..Carroll is a decent championship midfielder. I think we can do better than him but he can add much needed depth to the midfield.

Many idiots on here are like "Oh my! He'll be bullied by the great-built world class midfielder in the championship! He's tooooo lightweight for the division. The championship is more physical than the PL!"..etc etc..It's all loads of sh!t..He'll do just fine.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 13:29]

In speed of thought he's much quicker than most of the opposition.

He's barely recognisable from last season. Link up play excellent, he's taking people on etc. He's surrounded by players who can play the same positive one touch football, and looks to have confidence in his own ability to dictate at this level.
Tom Carrol on 13:51 - Aug 14 with 4251 viewsSW11Jack

Tom Carrol on 13:43 - Aug 14 by jasper_T

In speed of thought he's much quicker than most of the opposition.

He's barely recognisable from last season. Link up play excellent, he's taking people on etc. He's surrounded by players who can play the same positive one touch football, and looks to have confidence in his own ability to dictate at this level.

After the succession of garbage coaches we've had over the last few seasons, I think we owe the majority (if not all) of our players the opportunity to show what they can do under a competent coaching team, especially in a lower division.

He'll be a good player for us this year, will Carroll.
Tom Carrol on 14:08 - Aug 14 with 4167 viewsBadlands

I thought he and Fulton were our points of weakness!!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Tom Carrol on 14:14 - Aug 14 with 4133 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tom Carrol on 14:08 - Aug 14 by Badlands

Just go to show that none of us are experts. Both will have the occasional bad game but we need numbers right now. And the pace of our play suits both.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tom Carrol on 14:25 - Aug 14 with 4080 views34dfgdf54

I think he's had a good start to the season, with the only mistake being when he fell asleep for the Sheff United goal.
Tom Carrol on 14:25 - Aug 14 with 4076 viewsnyc_swans

Tom Carrol on 13:37 - Aug 14 by Kerouac

I have always liked him, was hung out to dry a bit last season.
A young player who is a ball player, a playmaker, needs confidence and the right structure in midfield.
The issue last season was that none of the senior players were able to step up and win the battle in midfield...Carroll has never been that type of player and, frankly, it wasn't his responsibility to try and be.
Fer isn't a DM but tried his very best to get stuck in when he played.

The players who let us down were Ki and Clucas...I was amazed that Mesa wasn't given a fair crack to show us what he could do in that context.

What really sticks in the throat is that after being backed, given the game time, and failing to step up to the plate Ki and Clucas then couldn't get out of here quick enough...they both went out of their way to ensure that they profited from their moves and Swansea City didn't.

Tom Carroll will be an asset in this division and still has plenty of time to improve further.

to be fair, he's 26... practically middle aged for a footballer
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Carrol on 14:41 - Aug 14 with 4015 viewsKerouac

Tom Carrol on 14:25 - Aug 14 by nyc_swans

to be fair, he's 26... practically middle aged for a footballer

Fair enough, he is unlikely to peak for another 2 years though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Tom Carrol on 14:52 - Aug 14 with 3946 viewskarnataka

Carroll had been at Spurs since 2008 where he had clearly been encouraged to get the ball moving forward quickly which has always been the Spurs mindset. Unfortunately, at Swansea he had all that positivity coached out of him by what we now know were a succession of 2nd rate coaches. If Potter can rekindle that positive mindset in TC, there is no doubt he could be a real asset at this level.
Tom Carrol on 15:05 - Aug 14 with 3887 viewspencoedjack

Me as well

Football all's about opinions hey

My opinion on Carroll (also Naughton) is they should never play for my football club

But

In Potter I trust
Tom Carrol on 15:19 - Aug 14 with 3834 viewscontroversial_jack

I thought Grimes did well too when he came on.
Tom Carrol on 15:21 - Aug 14 with 3825 viewsFireboy2

Tom Carrol on 15:05 - Aug 14 by pencoedjack

Me as well

My opinion on Carroll (also Naughton) is they should never play for my football club

But

In Potter I trust

Im the same as you Pencoed

I dont rate either carroll and naughton

But if potter can see something we cant and improve the players then alls good

Aa you say in potter we trust
Tom Carrol on 16:00 - Aug 14 with 3716 viewsawayjack

Like many of our players he was poor last season. He's better suited to Potter approach of moving ball forward quickly. Real test will be how he does against teams with decent midfields like Leeds.
Tom Carrol on 18:07 - Aug 14 with 3509 viewsJonathans_coat

Physical weakness maybe? Thought he had an excellent first half, and looks very capable at this level.

However. A midfield of Celina, Carrol and Fulton isn’t exactly going to bully teams is it? Lovely with the ball at feet, and the link up between them was lovely at times, but they were getting outmuscled a little in the second half vs Preston (and at times vs Sheff).
Tom Carrol on 18:15 - Aug 14 with 3470 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tom Carrol on 18:07 - Aug 14 by Jonathans_coat

Physical weakness maybe? Thought he had an excellent first half, and looks very capable at this level.

However. A midfield of Celina, Carrol and Fulton isn’t exactly going to bully teams is it? Lovely with the ball at feet, and the link up between them was lovely at times, but they were getting outmuscled a little in the second half vs Preston (and at times vs Sheff).

Only because we made a tactical error and filled the midfield (confusing players) and that left us with pace to play our "out ball" to. Emboldened Preston and every time we tried to clear the ball it came straight back !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tom Carrol on 18:49 - Aug 14 with 3397 viewsFlashberryjack

Tom Carrol on 15:21 - Aug 14 by Fireboy2

Im the same as you Pencoed

I dont rate either carroll and naughton

But if potter can see something we cant and improve the players then alls good

Aa you say in potter we trust

I certainly don't rate Carroll, maybe other clubs have come in for him but Potter likes him and has decided he want's to keep him.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Tom Carrol on 21:57 - Aug 14 with 3212 viewsJack59

Tom Carrol on 15:05 - Aug 14 by pencoedjack

Me as well

But

In Potter I trust

TC put in a fabulous cross in his first game against Liverpool, I'm still waiting for something similar, but he's never come close to repeating it.
He's probably average in the Championship, but we really need better than that.
Tom Carrol on 23:28 - Aug 14 with 3109 viewsMattG

Carroll still plays backwards a bit too often for my liking but perhaps it's just shown up more now as we are trying to get the ball forward so much quicker.

He's also getting into the box a bit more which is good to see and his "leave" that led up to McBurnie's goal against Sheff Utd was a really clever bit of play.

I've been quite critical of him in the past but do think he could do well for us this season.
Tom Carrol on 23:35 - Aug 14 with 3103 viewsGriffting

Tom Carrol on 21:57 - Aug 14 by Jack59

TC put in a fabulous cross in his first game against Liverpool, I'm still waiting for something similar, but he's never come close to repeating it.
He's probably average in the Championship, but we really need better than that.

I’d wager his cross for llorente’s last minute winner against Burnley was just as nice. Wasn’t as nice as Fer’s cross in that game, mind.

There were some nice crosses in that game.
Tom Carrol on 07:02 - Aug 15 with 2979 viewsbuilthjack

Once his passing accuracy improves, his defensive work improves, and he learns that his right foot is not just for standing on, he will be ok.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Tom Carrol on 07:08 - Aug 15 with 2972 viewsDr_Winston

We can't play him and Fulton in the same midfield. Far too lightweight. Sign a decent DM and both of them are on the bench for me when Fer's fully fit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tom Carrol on 07:55 - Aug 15 with 2920 viewsomarjack

Tom Carrol on 07:08 - Aug 15 by Dr_Winston

We can't play him and Fulton in the same midfield. Far too lightweight. Sign a decent DM and both of them are on the bench for me when Fer's fully fit.

I'm not defending neither of the two. But we've just played them both in games in a row and we've won both matches. And shipped in 1 goal. Fulton scored a terrific header as well.

Still, we're obviously better off with Fer and a new decent midfielder as starters,

Tom Carrol on 08:11 - Aug 15 with 2896 viewsJFSwan

They also played together at Southampton away a few years ago, with shelvey pushing forwards who scored the winner.
Tom Carrol on 08:13 - Aug 15 with 2892 viewsomarjack

Tom Carrol on 08:11 - Aug 15 by JFSwan

They also played together at Southampton away a few years ago, with shelvey pushing forwards who scored the winner.

Edited for inaccuracy.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 9:27]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024