Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Experience in the squad 08:37 - Aug 15 with 1699 viewsmagicdaps10

Am I the only one worried on this?

Personally I believe we need a couple of older heads in the group. There will be a time when confidence drops and over the cold, wet winter months a old head or 2 will be needed?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Experience in the squad on 08:43 - Aug 15 with 1682 viewsWhiterockin

Experience in the squad on 08:43 - Aug 15 with 1680 viewsSteensig

Partially agree. We have what 3 or Max of 4 players above 25 in our starting eleven. Though i am encouraged by the fact we have potter, and another hungry youngster eager to step up should someone have a downfall in confidence 😊 i think fer and vdh Are capable of shouting/talking sense into these youngsters
Experience in the squad on 08:46 - Aug 15 with 1671 viewsSwanseaman

The English 'young team' has shown that it works, and Man U back in the day.

What are the ages of our oldest players in our team we have now?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 8:46]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Experience in the squad on 08:52 - Aug 15 with 1651 viewsomarjack

Nordfeldt, Olsson, Fer , Dyer , Naughton...plus Carroll, VDH (both are neither old nor young) can provide enough experience I guess.

Although..getting an experienced CB wouldn't hurt of course. But generally, I'm liking how fresh the squad is becoming. opposed to our squad last season filled with 28-31 years olds.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Experience in the squad on 09:24 - Aug 15 with 1584 viewstrinityann

Experience in the squad on 08:52 - Aug 15 by omarjack

Nordfeldt, Olsson, Fer , Dyer , Naughton...plus Carroll, VDH (both are neither old nor young) can provide enough experience I guess.

Although..getting an experienced CB wouldn't hurt of course. But generally, I'm liking how fresh the squad is becoming. opposed to our squad last season filled with 28-31 years olds.

We have been guilty of holding onto our older players for too long. Rangel, Britton, Routledge, Dyer etc should have been replaced years ago. We have been too loyal for our own good. Premier League football is ruthless, you need to be adding 3/4 first team additions every summer window. Not buying players and not even playing them, what a badly run club the last few years.
Experience in the squad on 09:40 - Aug 15 with 1533 viewsmonmouth

Stop worrying. Watch the football. Roll with it. We’ve seen the Prem experience with the overpaid mercenaries is increasingly shit to go to and to watch. The last two games have been enjoyable and something to get behind. It feels more like ‘our’ team again.

I’d certainly like more cover in some areas, but I’m finding the ‘new’ model (whatever has really driven it) quite refreshing. The goal celebrations from the players at SU were real genuine joy. It might work, it might not, but I’m looking forward to the next games more than I have for years.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Experience in the squad on 09:58 - Aug 15 with 1503 viewsBadlands

Experience in the squad on 09:24 - Aug 15 by trinityann

We have been guilty of holding onto our older players for too long. Rangel, Britton, Routledge, Dyer etc should have been replaced years ago. We have been too loyal for our own good. Premier League football is ruthless, you need to be adding 3/4 first team additions every summer window. Not buying players and not even playing them, what a badly run club the last few years.

Except, when given extended appearances these were our most consistent players.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Experience in the squad on 10:04 - Aug 15 with 1484 viewsyescomeon

Experience in the squad on 09:40 - Aug 15 by monmouth

Stop worrying. Watch the football. Roll with it. We’ve seen the Prem experience with the overpaid mercenaries is increasingly shit to go to and to watch. The last two games have been enjoyable and something to get behind. It feels more like ‘our’ team again.

I’d certainly like more cover in some areas, but I’m finding the ‘new’ model (whatever has really driven it) quite refreshing. The goal celebrations from the players at SU were real genuine joy. It might work, it might not, but I’m looking forward to the next games more than I have for years.

"...I’m looking forward to the next games more than I have for years."

At the end of the day this is all that really matters.

(Well, that and the continued (financial) survival of our club.)

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

Experience in the squad on 12:31 - Aug 15 with 1333 viewsjackal

100% agree with the op.

We desperately need experienced heads. With Championship experience.

We were struggling against Preston. Leroy came on and he steadied the ship.
Experience in the squad on 12:38 - Aug 15 with 1304 viewsomarjack

I think you people are absolutely spot on when it comes to experience. After all, who would take the likes of Kylian Mbappe and Leroy Sane when you can have great experienced top players like Charlie Adam and Lee Cattermole?

Experience in the squad on 12:43 - Aug 15 with 1286 viewsjackal

Experience in the squad on 12:38 - Aug 15 by omarjack

I think you people are absolutely spot on when it comes to experience. After all, who would take the likes of Kylian Mbappe and Leroy Sane when you can have great experienced top players like Charlie Adam and Lee Cattermole?

Stupid response.

You're using extreme examples.

Mbappe and Sane are successful because they have experience along side them.

A combination of youth and experience is ideal.
Experience in the squad on 12:45 - Aug 15 with 1274 viewsBadlands

We had experienced player ... Potter has been happy to let them go.
Looking though old ÖTK line ups Potter very rarely played experienced players.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Experience in the squad on 12:47 - Aug 15 with 1266 viewsjackal

Experience in the squad on 12:45 - Aug 15 by Badlands

We had experienced player ... Potter has been happy to let them go.
Looking though old ÖTK line ups Potter very rarely played experienced players.

Potter let them go....?
Experience in the squad on 12:47 - Aug 15 with 1263 viewsomarjack

Experience in the squad on 12:43 - Aug 15 by jackal

Stupid response.

You're using extreme examples.

Mbappe and Sane are successful because they have experience along side them.

A combination of youth and experience is ideal.

Exactly! Can't you see I'm agreeing with you here?

I wonder what Darren Bent and Jermaine Pennant are up to these days. Could use some of that experience.

Experience in the squad on 12:53 - Aug 15 with 1244 viewsjackal

Experience in the squad on 12:47 - Aug 15 by omarjack

Exactly! Can't you see I'm agreeing with you here?

I wonder what Darren Bent and Jermaine Pennant are up to these days. Could use some of that experience.

Ok. I thought that you were being sarcastic.

Hasn't Bent just fallen out with his manager? Memory is a bit blurry.
Experience in the squad on 13:40 - Aug 15 with 1171 viewskarnataka

Experience in the squad on 12:31 - Aug 15 by jackal

100% agree with the op.

We desperately need experienced heads. With Championship experience.

We were struggling against Preston. Leroy came on and he steadied the ship.

I think part of the struggling late on against Preston was down to having to use a keeper sub so early on which made late tactical substitutions more difficult for GP. When the Preston defence were camped on the halfway line, we had no out ball so they stayed there. Bringing Jeff on for the last 20 minutes would have pushed their line back 25-30 yards because they wouldn't have risked giving him a 40 yard gap to run into behind them but unfortunately we didn't have that option.
Experience in the squad on 13:54 - Aug 15 with 1158 viewsicecoldjack

It is but of a worry but on the other hand how much championship experience did we have last time we were there? 2/3 of our best players like Borini,Sinclair and Joe Allen were young and raw but also fearless, it can be a good thing sometimes, however, when we were under the hammer against north end Fer came on and settled us straight away, he knew to put in a few hard challenges and get on the ball.

Pros and cons for both, possible injuries is our main problem with a paper thin squad IMO.
Experience in the squad on 14:58 - Aug 15 with 1093 viewsjackal

Experience in the squad on 13:40 - Aug 15 by karnataka

I think part of the struggling late on against Preston was down to having to use a keeper sub so early on which made late tactical substitutions more difficult for GP. When the Preston defence were camped on the halfway line, we had no out ball so they stayed there. Bringing Jeff on for the last 20 minutes would have pushed their line back 25-30 yards because they wouldn't have risked giving him a 40 yard gap to run into behind them but unfortunately we didn't have that option.

Excellent point.

I was desperate for Jeff to come on and relieve the pressure. But as you say.......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024