Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RUMOUR 14:49 - Aug 16 with 18620 viewsjohnlangy

Heard this on Tuesday. The person who told me had heard it elsewhere, from a few people from the way he said it.

The owners are looking to claw back their money via the parachute payments and will then sell the Club back to our beloved HJ and MM.

RUMOUR on 20:35 - Sep 17 with 2186 viewsTenbySwan

JVZ was in the directors box at Millwall, posted pictures on his twitter
RUMOUR on 11:35 - Sep 18 with 1870 viewsDyfnant

RUMOUR on 20:35 - Sep 17 by TenbySwan

JVZ was in the directors box at Millwall, posted pictures on his twitter

Was he flexing

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

RUMOUR on 12:46 - Sep 18 with 1708 viewswaynekerr55

RUMOUR on 19:48 - Sep 17 by longlostjack

So you know better do you Badlands? Must have been massive mismanagement if you’re right. Do tell.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 19:49]

Bless he won't answer you.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

RUMOUR on 13:58 - Sep 18 with 1610 viewsBadlands

RUMOUR on 19:48 - Sep 17 by longlostjack

So you know better do you Badlands? Must have been massive mismanagement if you’re right. Do tell.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 19:49]

Your opinion, my opinion
I base my opinion on the following (simplistic I know, but often, for all the fancy realignment and treatment of finances a company on be reasonably assessed on the upfront position.)

Different dates for our financial announcements, end of season and end of year muddy the waters a little but here goes.
Running at a small profit until 2015.
To July 2016 - loss £15 M (Jenkins had earlier warned £30M might be likely and this spooked the shareholders into acting, IMO rightly so as the big league was a step too far for their capabilities especially with Monk taking away our ace card of being different.)
To July 2017 - annual profit of £14 so we are back to break even(ish) But annual turnover rose to £127M with total operating costs at £150M!
To July 2018 - possibly c£25M profit largely based on transfers and drop in wages since relegation.
Since July £38M profit on transfers & wages.
But we are looking at a £50M drop in rights payments this season and possibly another £10 million next. & ’As well as the reduced TV revenues, relegated Premier League clubs will also suffer financially in matchday revenue and incomes associated with that, such as hospitality. Commercial deals with sponsors could take a hit, too.’(Sky report on Deloitte Sports Business Group.)
Wages for some of our loaned out players will also be picked up by us although it is rumoured Man City are paying part of Wilf’s £4.5M salary.
Taking in to account weakness of the £, inflation and increased repayment on loans we are currently looking to be in a small profit / break even position.
A positive is we have a number of players on loan or not available who will bring in a decent profit in January or next season.

My opinion is … decision had / have to be taken or we would / will soon be looking at administration.
Whether we are doing it the best way is up for debate but I look at our fall from the 1st Division and really don’t want to go through that heartache again.

No matter which league we are in I support the Swans but being solvent and competitive in whichever league we are in is far more important than going to watch Manchester United V Swansea City or Liverpool v Swansea.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

RUMOUR on 16:17 - Sep 18 with 1526 viewsLoyal

RUMOUR on 11:35 - Sep 18 by Dyfnant

Was he flexing

No he was gurning...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

RUMOUR on 17:23 - Sep 18 with 1451 viewsCaligulaSwan

Morgans specially and others wanted to sellout for max $$$ before the finances spiraled out of control - can you blame after all they did in 2002? Huw deserves cashout most as he single handed got us in the prem league. Be joyful the local boys Martin and Huw and Leigh are waiting to save the club again and start over. Thanks boys!
RUMOUR on 17:41 - Sep 18 with 1404 views34dfgdf54

RUMOUR on 17:23 - Sep 18 by CaligulaSwan

Morgans specially and others wanted to sellout for max $$$ before the finances spiraled out of control - can you blame after all they did in 2002? Huw deserves cashout most as he single handed got us in the prem league. Be joyful the local boys Martin and Huw and Leigh are waiting to save the club again and start over. Thanks boys!

Can someone ban Huw please?
RUMOUR on 17:47 - Sep 18 with 1387 viewswaynekerr55

Single handedly got us there?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

RUMOUR on 18:10 - Sep 18 with 1338 viewslonglostjack

RUMOUR on 13:58 - Sep 18 by Badlands

Your opinion, my opinion
I base my opinion on the following (simplistic I know, but often, for all the fancy realignment and treatment of finances a company on be reasonably assessed on the upfront position.)

Different dates for our financial announcements, end of season and end of year muddy the waters a little but here goes.
Running at a small profit until 2015.
To July 2016 - loss £15 M (Jenkins had earlier warned £30M might be likely and this spooked the shareholders into acting, IMO rightly so as the big league was a step too far for their capabilities especially with Monk taking away our ace card of being different.)
To July 2017 - annual profit of £14 so we are back to break even(ish) But annual turnover rose to £127M with total operating costs at £150M!
To July 2018 - possibly c£25M profit largely based on transfers and drop in wages since relegation.
Since July £38M profit on transfers & wages.
But we are looking at a £50M drop in rights payments this season and possibly another £10 million next. & ’As well as the reduced TV revenues, relegated Premier League clubs will also suffer financially in matchday revenue and incomes associated with that, such as hospitality. Commercial deals with sponsors could take a hit, too.’(Sky report on Deloitte Sports Business Group.)
Wages for some of our loaned out players will also be picked up by us although it is rumoured Man City are paying part of Wilf’s £4.5M salary.
Taking in to account weakness of the £, inflation and increased repayment on loans we are currently looking to be in a small profit / break even position.
A positive is we have a number of players on loan or not available who will bring in a decent profit in January or next season.

My opinion is … decision had / have to be taken or we would / will soon be looking at administration.
Whether we are doing it the best way is up for debate but I look at our fall from the 1st Division and really don’t want to go through that heartache again.

No matter which league we are in I support the Swans but being solvent and competitive in whichever league we are in is far more important than going to watch Manchester United V Swansea City or Liverpool v Swansea.

Thanks for the reply. I agree that the decline can certainly be traced to the firing of Laudrup and appointment of Gary Monk. Whose bright idea was that? What followed was catastrophic transfer planning culminating in the complete waste of the transfer income from Sigurdsson. In any other business those responsible would be fired. A fish rots from the head down.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

RUMOUR on 18:21 - Sep 18 with 1296 viewsCaligulaSwan

RUMOUR on 17:47 - Sep 18 by waynekerr55

Single handedly got us there?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes pretty much by himself. All 2002 investors to be fair must be thanked for putting in money.
RUMOUR on 18:25 - Sep 18 with 1282 viewsmajorraglan

RUMOUR on 18:21 - Sep 18 by CaligulaSwan

Yes pretty much by himself. All 2002 investors to be fair must be thanked for putting in money.

What about the Trust?
RUMOUR on 18:26 - Sep 18 with 1278 viewslondonlisa2001

RUMOUR on 18:21 - Sep 18 by CaligulaSwan

They were. With massive returns on their investment.

Well, apart from the Trust that is, of course.

Who were screwed over instead.

By all the other investors. The ones you’re praising.

Got to love these troll accounts though.
RUMOUR on 18:30 - Sep 18 with 1268 viewsWarwickHunt

RUMOUR on 18:26 - Sep 18 by londonlisa2001

Schmoke and a pancake, anyone?
RUMOUR on 18:36 - Sep 18 with 1247 viewsUxbridge

Finances don't spiral out of control by themselves. Or are you accusing the former board of mismanagement of the football club?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

RUMOUR on 18:37 - Sep 18 with 1240 viewsWarwickHunt

RUMOUR on 18:36 - Sep 18 by Uxbridge

Finances don't spiral out of control by themselves. Or are you accusing the former board of mismanagement of the football club?

A big boy did it then ran away.
RUMOUR on 18:39 - Sep 18 with 1230 viewsUxbridge

Troll or trying to rewrite their history? Probably just trying to wallpaper over the realities of the last couple of years...

RUMOUR on 18:41 - Sep 18 with 1219 viewsUxbridge

RUMOUR on 18:37 - Sep 18 by WarwickHunt

A big boy did it then ran away.

I'd have more respect if they held their hands up to their conduct rather than believing they've acted in the club's best interests. Shame really.

RUMOUR on 18:42 - Sep 18 with 1213 viewslondonlisa2001

RUMOUR on 18:30 - Sep 18 by WarwickHunt

Schmoke and a pancake, anyone?

I love the name he’s given himself.

Wiki says “during his brief reign, Caligula worked to increase the unconstrained personal power of the emperor, as opposed to countervailing powers within the principate. He directed much of his attention to ambitious construction projects and luxurious dwellings for himself “

Someone has a sense of humour.
RUMOUR on 18:44 - Sep 18 with 1204 viewsWarwickHunt

RUMOUR on 18:39 - Sep 18 by Uxbridge

Troll or trying to rewrite their history? Probably just trying to wallpaper over the realities of the last couple of years...

I saw what you did there...
RUMOUR on 18:51 - Sep 18 with 1164 viewschad

Huw deserves cashout most as he single handed got us in the prem league

In goal?

We all dream of a team of *Jinx doesn’t quite pan unfortunately

(* For clarification Jinx is my affectionate name for anyone called Jenkins, as opposed to the cat in Meet the Parents that urinates an the ashes of the dead)
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 18:52]
RUMOUR on 19:05 - Sep 18 with 1102 viewsDewi1jack

Schhhhtum majorraglan mun.

Trust can't know.
Not yet.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 19:07]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

RUMOUR on 19:07 - Sep 18 with 1087 viewsCaligulaSwan

Well, did not the Trust inner sanctum take the position back then it will “never sell”? A defining moment. What were other investers meant to do?
RUMOUR on 19:08 - Sep 18 with 1084 viewsCaligulaSwan

RUMOUR on 18:25 - Sep 18 by majorraglan

What about the Trust?

Yes that includes the Trust
RUMOUR on 19:09 - Sep 18 with 1082 viewsDewi1jack

RUMOUR on 18:42 - Sep 18 by londonlisa2001

I love the name he’s given himself.

Wiki says “during his brief reign, Caligula worked to increase the unconstrained personal power of the emperor, as opposed to countervailing powers within the principate. He directed much of his attention to ambitious construction projects and luxurious dwellings for himself “

Someone has a sense of humour.

Amsterdam tobacco can do that

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

RUMOUR on 19:19 - Sep 18 with 1052 viewsUxbridge

RUMOUR on 19:07 - Sep 18 by CaligulaSwan

Well, did not the Trust inner sanctum take the position back then it will “never sell”? A defining moment. What were other investers meant to do?

No it didn't. It sent a letter to all shareholders in March 2016 saying it would consider a sale. It also said the same on various public statements and articles.

Still, keep on keeping on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024