Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion, would we welcome it? 17:07 - Aug 16 with 4326 viewsshandyjack

Listening to the JACKCAST podcast and they weren't too keen on gaining promotion this year, i was just wondering what people on here thought about it.

Personally i'd love us to get promoted again

Poll: Expectation for the season

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 16:59 - Aug 17 with 876 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The act of earning a promotion would be wonderful, especially after what we've endured over the last 3 seasons.

The question is whether or not we are ready for it, which is understandable at this point. Everyone may have a very different attitude by the midpoint of the season.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 18:41 - Aug 17 with 816 viewsOldjack

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 11:20 - Aug 17 by Swanseaman

The Premier = survival battle

Championship = a chance of finishing up the top.

spot on .If theses money grabbers do one .and some very very rich people took over who were prepared to lose a good few million every year, no questions asked ,then i'd welcome the prem

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 18:46 - Aug 17 with 810 viewsEasternJack

Promotion would be great - particularly if we do it playing the right kind of football. However I’m not sure I’d welcome it if we had to earn it playing Cardiffball. 🤮

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 19:16 - Aug 17 with 787 viewsBadlands

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 15:37 - Aug 17 by Catullus

I really didn't enjoy the last two seasons, it was boring, predictable, dire and even worse we kept spending ever more money but still sliding backwards.
The only thing that improved was average players pay packets. The football got worse......and worse.
I want the Swans to succeed but the EPl is not a competition, it's a money machine for the top few clubs with the rules seriously tilted in their favour and the rules about payments have been altered again to give the top few clubs an even bigger advantage.
When success became purely about avoiding relegation I asked myself what the point was and the answer was, there is none. The big clubs in big stadia already had a big advantage and the way the EPL structures payments anyone outside the top 6/7 winning the leaguie is already a once in a decade event, FFP rules have only helped the rich clubs.
The EPL is 26 years young and there have been just 6 different winners and people used to complain Blackburn bought it by spending 60 million, that's chickenfeed these days.
I want us to win, to finish top and yes, that means promotion but I won't look forward to more seasons like the last 3.

Indeed but I'd say three seasons.
I thought the year Monk achieved an 8th place finish was a**e clenchingly boring.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Promotion, would we welcome it? on 19:41 - Aug 17 with 772 viewsRancid

Not yet.We need to reinvent ourselves again and these youngsters need more time.Next season I'm expecting us to challenge.
Promotion, would we welcome it? on 20:14 - Aug 17 with 756 viewsmajorraglan

Personally, I would welcome promotion, hopefully it would lead to the sale of the club and the departure of the current owners. Hopefully, the Trust would get properly compensated and a partner who would be prepared to work with it, but that may be overly optimistic.

I would take promotion in a heartbeat and I would love it if Cardiff were there as well, there would be 2 local derbys a season. Hopefully the financial rewards the club’s reap would benefit he Welsh team as well.
Promotion, would we welcome it? on 20:36 - Aug 17 with 743 viewsdobjack2

If you get it you take it and deal with it.

Mind you without significant strengthening its not going to be something to worry about.
Promotion, would we welcome it? on 21:53 - Aug 17 with 717 viewsjeza739

Unless we're competitive i dont want to vo back up. First few seasons were superb. Last 3 were dreadful. Ano plus of no promotion is the yanks wont make money or at leasg not much.
Be realistic do you want to see this squad in prem? Coz i doubt the yanks will invest
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024