Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m 19:20 - Aug 16 with 5385 viewstheloneranger

"Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m over alleged corroding steel structure"

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/company-built-swansea-citys-stadiu

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:23 - Aug 16 with 4122 viewsJackfath

There's a huge crack in the concrete where I sit. You can see through it to the floor below.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:25 - Aug 16 with 4107 viewstheloneranger

"The matter has been heard at the High Court, where Justice Finola O’Farrell struck out several parts of SSMC’s claim against Interserve Construction. This was on the grounds that the claim had been submitted by SSMC four days after a 12-year deadline."

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:31 - Aug 16 with 4058 viewsexiledclaseboy

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:25 - Aug 16 by theloneranger

"The matter has been heard at the High Court, where Justice Finola O’Farrell struck out several parts of SSMC’s claim against Interserve Construction. This was on the grounds that the claim had been submitted by SSMC four days after a 12-year deadline."

Robin Sharpe was responsible for ensuring the claim was submitted on time.

Poll: Tory leader

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:37 - Aug 16 with 4011 viewstheloneranger

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:31 - Aug 16 by exiledclaseboy

THE Fax machine? 😂

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:43 - Aug 16 with 3966 viewsGaryjack

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:23 - Aug 16 by Jackfath

There's a huge crack in the concrete where I sit. You can see through it to the floor below.

That's got nothing to do with any stadium defects. Swansjaxs did it!
Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:44 - Aug 16 with 3955 viewsJackfath

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:43 - Aug 16 by Garyjack

That's got nothing to do with any stadium defects. Swansjaxs did it!

I'm expecting him to be rushing around issuing knee/elbow protectors next time it rains.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:45 - Aug 16 with 3948 viewsLandore_Jack

Build a new one in Felindre!

#backtojack

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:46 - Aug 16 with 3942 viewsplasjack

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:23 - Aug 16 by Jackfath

Buy some filler, wouldn't want you to fall through as we score a goal.
Login to get fewer ads

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:48 - Aug 16 with 3929 viewsJackfath

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:46 - Aug 16 by plasjack

Buy some filler, wouldn't want you to fall through as we score a goal.

I'll get Swansjaxs to inspect it and advise.

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:59 - Aug 16 with 3856 viewsWingstandwood

It is always better to avoid the cost cutting 'false-economy' option!

Avoidance of not having structurally vulnerable holding plates/brackets/cleats etc 'hot-dip' galvanised or powder coated can come back and haunt!

Galvanised paint/spray is not as effective and neither is high quality hammerite paint! Great stuff for the average D.I.Y'er however because they can last up to ten years before signs of weathering/corrosion appear.

Cost cutting and other stuff like penalty clause contracts can be a false economy, do it once and within a adequate (no rush, no corner cutting) time frame, that gets better results in the long run.

Argus!

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 20:09 - Aug 16 with 3797 viewsBadlands

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:45 - Aug 16 by Landore_Jack

Build a new one in Felindre!

Good job all the plastics will be leaving and there will be less street on the concrete!

Negotiate to redevelop the site (with compensatory payments to the Swans) and build a new 30,000 stadium.

Follow the DC United format.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 20:13 - Aug 16 with 3766 viewsjack2jack

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:59 - Aug 16 by Wingstandwood

It is always better to avoid the cost cutting 'false-economy' option!

Avoidance of not having structurally vulnerable holding plates/brackets/cleats etc 'hot-dip' galvanised or powder coated can come back and haunt!

Galvanised paint/spray is not as effective and neither is high quality hammerite paint! Great stuff for the average D.I.Y'er however because they can last up to ten years before signs of weathering/corrosion appear.

Cost cutting and other stuff like penalty clause contracts can be a false economy, do it once and within a adequate (no rush, no corner cutting) time frame, that gets better results in the long run.

It's been getting worse over the last few seasons,of course once the protective layer is compromised, it will only get worse and need sorting asap, before major structural work is required.
Question is why wasn't it inspected sooner?
Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 20:28 - Aug 16 with 3678 viewsplasjack

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 20:13 - Aug 16 by jack2jack

It's been getting worse over the last few seasons,of course once the protective layer is compromised, it will only get worse and need sorting asap, before major structural work is required.

The rainfall we get is probably a factor, but it will need weather proofing to fix, not a problem.
Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 20:29 - Aug 16 with 3676 viewsWingstandwood

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 20:13 - Aug 16 by jack2jack

Agree about the inspection, it looks like the (discolored by corrosion) bolts are non-galvanised and if so, they'll be replaced a.s.a.p and other parts will have to painted/maintained on a regular basis every few years Humber Bridge style.

Argus!

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 20:35 - Aug 16 with 3642 viewsNeath_Jack

Well they can't go after the steel boys that's for sure.

I know and have worked with the chap who treated that steel. You wouldn't want a fight with his Mrs either...

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 20:41 - Aug 16 with 3620 viewsJackfath

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 20:35 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

I know and have worked with the chap who treated that steel. You wouldn't want a fight with his Mrs either...

What did he treat it to?

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 20:44 - Aug 16 with 3610 viewsbluey_the_blue

You lot mocked about Legoland, well, at least lego doesn't rust...
Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 20:53 - Aug 16 with 3552 viewsGaryjack

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 20:29 - Aug 16 by Wingstandwood

Agree about the inspection, it looks like the (discolored by corrosion) bolts are non-galvanised and if so, they'll be replaced a.s.a.p and other parts will have to painted/maintained on a regular basis every few years Humber Bridge style.

Rubbish! I'm with Landore_Jack on building a new stadium in Felindre, or Badlands suggesting we knock it down (at the councils expense) and build a new bigger and better one!

Edit: Or even plasjacks suggestion that we should 'weatherproof it? A few tarpaulins and bungees should do the trick and would financially be the better option.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 20:58]
Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 20:55 - Aug 16 with 3534 viewsjack2jack

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 20:29 - Aug 16 by Wingstandwood

Any work carried out will have to be done correctly, otherwise it won't last, especially in our climate, I'm guessing there's a few hundred grands worth of repairs needed there already.
Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 21:00 - Aug 16 with 3501 viewsWingstandwood

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 20:35 - Aug 16 by Neath_Jack

He may very well have done a fantastic job to cater for other individuals demands/orders/standards and specifications where there is a cost/budgetary requirement both for construction and maintenance after.

It's all down to what others are prepared to pay?.... Council?... and the company that built the stadium? They are the ones who seem to be in the firing line?

Argus!

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 21:01 - Aug 16 with 3490 viewsbonymine

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 19:31 - Aug 16 by exiledclaseboy

After Dougie Phuked off to Spain with his new bird Robin was in charge of selling a new housing development in Swansea where I bought a house.

Having been in school with Robin and played in the same rugby team plus knowing the story of the broken fax machine on Deadline Day etc I can honestly say in true Kevin Keegan style that I would ‘LOVE IT’ just ‘LOVE IT’ if we were back in those days where the Club had a ‘true identify’ which is so far removed from the ‘commercial bandwagon’ which is prevalent today and which I experienced first hand in hospitality at the Stoke game end of last season and Preston last Saturday.

STID .....Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 21:12 - Aug 16 with 3440 viewsNeath_Jack

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 21:00 - Aug 16 by Wingstandwood

He may very well have done a fantastic job to cater for other individuals demands/orders/standards and specifications where there is a cost/budgetary requirement both for construction and maintenance after.

It's all down to what others are prepared to pay?.... Council?... and the company that built the stadium? They are the ones who seem to be in the firing line?

I've not suggested he's done a fantastic job for anyone.

He/they were a pair of f*cking headers, rough as f*ck in everything they done. Doesn't matter who paid him what, the same standard of job you got from them.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 21:23 - Aug 16 with 3386 viewstheloneranger

https://www.tatasteelconstruction.com/en_GB/tata-steel-case-studies/stadia/Liber

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 21:34 - Aug 16 with 3334 viewsjack2jack

Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 21:23 - Aug 16 by theloneranger

https://www.tatasteelconstruction.com/en_GB/tata-steel-case-studies/stadia/Liber

Fair play they must have had endless meetings to come up with the colour scheme.
In the end after countless man hours and pondering, emails, texts etc, more meetings, memo's, more meetings with planning............they came up with white and light grey.Tidy 👍
Company which built Swansea City's stadium and council sued for £1.3m on 11:54 - Aug 17 with 2987 viewsBarrySwan

Did I seriously just read that the Stadium management company had a number of their claims struck out by the judge for submitting them 4 days after the 12 year time limit?

Shouldn't the people of Swansea be demanding that whoever the Stadium management company are they be removed enbloc if this is an indication of their abilities?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024