Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Cork 22:27 - Aug 16 with 2016 viewsraynor94

Another crucial goal again tonight, has certainly repaid Burnley's faith in him

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Jack Cork on 22:49 - Aug 16 with 1953 viewsJoshTheJack

Very under rated here,Although we sat him deep,Burnley use him more as a box to box player.Was it £2m we paid? Absolute bargain.
Jack Cork on 02:50 - Aug 17 with 1834 viewsDJack

Jack Cork on 22:49 - Aug 16 by JoshTheJack

Very under rated here,Although we sat him deep,Burnley use him more as a box to box player.Was it £2m we paid? Absolute bargain.

Didn't you watch the Swans for his final games. He often played box to box, I'm not sure whether he was supposed to and I know that I often had my heart in my mouth but he did it and he did it well (if not scarily).

Yes underated and yes an absolute bargain for 2 million.

Edit. To say that I was not inferring that he did box to box scarily well. He went box to box well but I was often scared by his determined runs.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 3:06]

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Jack Cork on 03:28 - Aug 17 with 1820 viewscontroversial_jack

Good for Burnley as he was shit for us
Jack Cork on 05:12 - Aug 17 with 1781 viewsbuilthjack

A good solid honest player. We didn't have many of them last season.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jack Cork on 06:10 - Aug 17 with 1754 viewsDr_Winston

Barely Championship class according to some on here.

Good player unfairly blamed for Clement's lack of a clue without Llorente.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jack Cork on 06:16 - Aug 17 with 1741 viewsJango

Was never a bad player for us but never great either. Perfectly suited to Burnley who look to lump it to the striker at every opportunity.
Jack Cork on 07:03 - Aug 17 with 1690 viewspencoedjack

Doing a decent job for Burnley was crap for us, shame the profit we made on him was used to buy utter garbage.

Good luck to him & Burnley seems a decent bloke & Burnley are a tidy club
Jack Cork on 07:10 - Aug 17 with 1684 viewsCaptain_Sham

'We' let Dean Saunders go on a free. Something else for you all to get worked up about. You are welcome.

Its just a ride.

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Cork on 07:33 - Aug 17 with 1640 viewsHugeEnkins

Irrelevant to us now. Get over it and move on
Jack Cork on 09:06 - Aug 17 with 1525 viewstheloneranger

Jack Cork on 07:10 - Aug 17 by Captain_Sham

'We' let Dean Saunders go on a free. Something else for you all to get worked up about. You are welcome.

Don't forget Chinaglia

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Jack Cork on 09:22 - Aug 17 with 1494 viewsWarwickHunt

Jack Cork on 09:06 - Aug 17 by theloneranger

Don't forget Chinaglia

You probably saw him.

Laziest fûcker ever to wear the shirt. Someone once had to go to his digs and get him out of bed at 2pm on a match day. And no, he was on his own...
Jack Cork on 14:02 - Aug 17 with 1265 viewsQuincy999

Thought Jack Cork was an awful player for us. He always seemed to interupt our play when he got the ball and choose the wrong option. Sometimes it doesn't work out at some clubs and sometimes it does.
Jack Cork on 14:25 - Aug 17 with 1246 viewsLoyal

Cork was excellent for us, his last few months were bad agreed. But when he came to us and for the first 18 months he fitted the Swansea mould perfectly.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jack Cork on 14:32 - Aug 17 with 1232 viewsBadlands

For whatever reason, he did very little for us.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Jack Cork on 16:41 - Aug 17 with 1146 viewstheloneranger

Jack Cork on 09:22 - Aug 17 by WarwickHunt

You probably saw him.

Laziest fûcker ever to wear the shirt. Someone once had to go to his digs and get him out of bed at 2pm on a match day. And no, he was on his own...

I did see him play for the reserves and first team, and quite often going in the Mountain Dew pub. 😁

The landlord Ted felt sorry for him and let him sit in the bar because he didn't have enough money for the electric meter in his flat.

Ted's son Terry went on to play for the Swans not long after Chinaglia left.

Warwick you are correct Chinaglia was a lazy b*stard, but a very lonely teenager who came from a very poor family..

He was very lucky he left Swansea when he did and to have a very determined dad, otherwise he'd have been another talented youngster lost to football.

Jack Cork on 16:49 - Aug 17 with 1124 viewsDippy

He wasn't awful.. he was good at what he does, break up play and the odd foray into the area.

Would walk into our current team.

Poll: Cooper Out

Jack Cork on 18:03 - Aug 17 with 1073 viewsWarwickHunt

Jack Cork on 16:41 - Aug 17 by theloneranger

I did see him play for the reserves and first team, and quite often going in the Mountain Dew pub. 😁

The landlord Ted felt sorry for him and let him sit in the bar because he didn't have enough money for the electric meter in his flat.

Ted's son Terry went on to play for the Swans not long after Chinaglia left.

Warwick you are correct Chinaglia was a lazy b*stard, but a very lonely teenager who came from a very poor family..

He was very lucky he left Swansea when he did and to have a very determined dad, otherwise he'd have been another talented youngster lost to football.

Didn’t know his family circumstances. There was obviously a talent there...
Jack Cork on 19:14 - Aug 17 with 1017 viewsLeonWasGod

Jack Cork on 02:50 - Aug 17 by DJack

Didn't you watch the Swans for his final games. He often played box to box, I'm not sure whether he was supposed to and I know that I often had my heart in my mouth but he did it and he did it well (if not scarily).

Yes underated and yes an absolute bargain for 2 million.

Edit. To say that I was not inferring that he did box to box scarily well. He went box to box well but I was often scared by his determined runs.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 3:06]

He was fine deep but a complete liability going forward for us. He must have been eating his spinach at Burnley, as no way would I have him fown ss a genuine box to box midfielder.
Jack Cork on 19:28 - Aug 17 with 996 viewstheloneranger

Jack Cork on 18:03 - Aug 17 by WarwickHunt

Didn’t know his family circumstances. There was obviously a talent there...

Still no excuse for being a lazy b@stard.

His autobiography "Arrivederci Swansea: The Giorgio Chinaglia Story" is a pretty good read.

He died young at 65

Jack Cork on 19:38 - Aug 17 with 977 viewsRancid

Was never a fan when we were flamboyant but in hindsight every side needs a steady Eddie and he was certainly that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024